NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES.
You do not need to purchase a ticket to the Coachella Valley Music & Arts Festival to enter or win and doing so will not increase your chances of winning.
The “2023 Carpoolchella Secret Spotter Weekend One.”
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
These rules may be altered or revised in Sweepstakes Provider’s sole discretion with or without notice.
1. SPONSOR INFORMATION: Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is sponsored by Goldenvoice, LLC, having its principal place of business at 425 West 11th Street, Suite 500, Los Angeles, CA 90015 (“Sponsor”). The Sweepstakes entry period begins on Thursday, April 13, 2023 at 10:00 AM Pacific Time and ends on Sunday, April 16, 2023 at 2:00 PM Pacific Time (such period, the “Entry Period”). All times are based solely on Sweepstakes Provider’s computer clock.
2. ELIGIBILITY: This Sweepstakes is open to individuals who have reached the age of majority in their state of residence (18 in most states, 19 in Alabama and Nebraska and 21 in Mississippi, as is subject to change) and are legal residents of the United States including the District of Columbia (excluding Florida, New York, Hawaii, Alaska, Guam, Puerto Rico, and all other U.S. territories and possessions) (the “Eligibility Area”). Employees, officers, directors and agents (and their immediate families and household members regardless of where they live, or members of the same households (whether related or not) of Goldenvoice LLC, and any of its divisions, affiliates, subsidiaries, and parent company (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Provider”) and each person or entity connected with the production, administration or judging of the Sweepstakes, are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes or to win any prize. VOID OUTSIDE OF THE ELIGIBILITY AREA AND WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. Federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
3. PRIZES: Each Qualified Entrant in the Qualified Entrant’s car randomly selected by a Secret Spotter that will have a chance to win one of the following prizes:
One (1) VIP FOR LIFE pass to the Festival, beginning in 2024, and lasting for the life of the Qualified Entrant or for as long as the Coachella Valley Music & Arts Festival series is held under that name, whichever occurs first. Each VIP FOR LIFE pass is valued at $1,069.00 per year. Sweepstakes Provider makes no guarantees that the Festival will operate past 2023 and there is no residual value associated with VIP for Life Prize. Prizes are not redeemable for cash, nor is Qualified Entrant owed any cash if Festival is cancelled or postponed in subsequent years or if the Festival is no longer held under that name, or if the Festival is no longer held by Sponsor. In the event that Festival does not take place for a period of 3 consecutive years, passes are void and no longer valid. Ticket types and seat locations, if applicable, are determined in Sweepstakes Provider’s sole and absolute discretion.
All together with Ferris Wheel Vouchers, Food Vouchers, Gift Vouchers, Outstanding in the field Sunday Dinner, VIP Wristbands, All Access “Guest” Wristbands, and VIP for Life are collectively referred to as the “Prizes”. Approximate retail value of all Prizes except the VIP for Life (assuming four Qualified Entrants per car) is Sixty-Five Thousand Five Hundred Twenty Six U.S. Dollars ($65,526). VIP for life 2024 retail value is $1,069 per year. Assuming four (4) entrants per car, the VIP for life approximate retail value for 2024 is $4,276 per year.
4. HOW TO ENTER: In-person entries only. Place a sign or other visible writing on your vehicle so that it is visible from the outside of your car. If you would like, you can access the Coachella Valley Music & Arts festival website at https://www.coachella.com (the “Sweepstakes Site”) and click on the button to download and print a “CARPOOLCHELLA” window placard application (or write “CARPOOLCHELLA” on an 8 1/2″ x 11” or larger piece of paper). Tape or visibly place the placard in the lower left-hand corner of the front dashboard of your car so that it is visible from the outside. Park in one of the designated parking areas for the Coachella Valley Music & Arts Festival (the “Festival”). If you enter a parking area with a visible sign or placard that says “Carpoolchella” and you have four or more people in your car, all of whom are eligible (each a “Qualified Entrant”), each member in the car UP TO A MAXIMUM OF SIX PEOPLE may be selected to win a prize. Sorry, people traveling by other means, such as by foot, scooter, bicycle, motorcycle, public transportation, or in a car that carries less than four people (such as a two-seater), or other alternate modes of transportation are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes via this method. Please post the placard in a manner that does not impede your safe driving. SORRY, A MAXIMUM OF SIX PEOPLE PER VEHICLE ARE ELIGIBLE TO WIN A PRIZE. Each person in the car will be referred to as a “Selected Entrant” until such individual is verified to be qualified to win the prize in accordance with these Official Rules. Only Qualified Entrants will be awarded the Prizes. For clarification, each Selected Entrant in a Qualified Entrant car selected by a Secret Spotter will be eligible to receive an applicable prize so long as those Selected Entrants are qualified in accordance with the requirements set forth in these Official Rules. If you are in a designated parking or camping area which requires a Festival wristband, you must be wearing such wristband to be eligible. By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sweepstakes Provider. By entering this Sweepstakes and unless prohibited by law, the Selected Entrant hereby consents to use of his/her respective name, voice, photograph and/or likeness for advertising or publicity purposes for this and similar promotions without compensation and the Selected Entrant and guest may be required to provide a signed release acknowledging such consent, unless restricted by law. Moreover, by entering this Sweepstakes, unless prohibited by law, the Selected Entrant agrees to grant to the Sweepstakes Provider, and its licensees, affiliates, and assigns, the right to print, publish, broadcast, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter developed, including without limitation the World Wide Web, at any time or times, the Prize Winner’s name, likeness (actual or simulated), voice (actual or simulated), and biographical information as news or information and for advertising and promotional purposes without additional consideration; and further without such additional compensation, appear for, or provide biographical information for use in, any presentation or other activity which may include filming/audio/video/electronic or other recordings and/or interviews, as may be determined from time to time by the Sweepstakes Provider in its sole discretion. Odds of winning depend on the number of Qualified Entrants and Selected Entrants. No entries will be acknowledged. If Sweepstakes Provider determines, in its sole discretion, that any Qualified Entrant or vehicle is attempting to manipulate the selection process in any way (for example, by driving around the Festival parking and/or camping areas for the sole purpose of attracting a Secret Spotter’s attention), such Qualified Entrant and/or vehicle may be disqualified in Sweepstakes Provider’s sole discretion.
5. PRIZE DRAWING: A winner is considered a “Selected Entrant” pending verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. Selected Entrants will be selected times and locations, cars with a sign or visible writing that says “Carpoolchella” as set forth in paragraph 4 will be randomly selected from other cars with a sign or visible writing as set forth in paragraph 4. If each Selected Entrant in a selected car is 18 years of age or older and complies with all other entrant qualifications set forth in these Official Rules, one representative from the car will be given the opportunity to select a ticket which corresponds to one of the Prizes. Each of the Qualified Entrants in that vehicle will win the corresponding Prize, which will be awarded immediately upon completing required paperwork. The Secret Spotter will be in one of the public parking areas of the Coachella Valley Music & Arts Festival at random times during the Entry Period and will select the Selected Entrants. The selection will be conducted by the Sweepstakes Provider whose decision is final and binding on all aspects of this Sweepstakes. After the Selected Entrant is selected by the Sweepstakes Provider, they are required to provide name, U.S. Social Security Number (for tax form purposes), birth date, current address, email address, and phone number. In order to claim the Prize, the Selected Entrant may be required to (1) confirm their compliance with these Official Rules, (2) show photo identification, including to verify their address and age, and (3) sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules and Release of Liability (for both Selected Entrant and companions, if any), a publicity release (for both Selected Entrant and companion unless prohibited by law), and any other documents required by Sweepstakes Provider. By entering this Sweepstakes and voluntarily providing your personal information, entrants consent and agree to the Sweepstakes Provider’s collection and use of the entrant’s information, including personally identifiable information for the administration of this Sweepstakes and agree to Sweepstakes Provider’s use of entrant’s information for the purpose of contacting entrant in relation to this Sweepstakes. Qualified Entrants may be asked to consent to receive promotional e-mails from Sweepstakes Provider or its promotional partners. Consenting to receive promotional e-mails is optional and is not a condition of entering or winning the Sweepstakes and will not increase the chances of winning. Additional information, documents, or Prize-related materials may be mailed to a Prize Winner using the address provided in the entry form. The return of forms or prizes as undeliverable may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner, at the sole discretion of the Sweepstakes Provider. In no event is Sweepstakes Provider required to contact Selected Entrant more than once.
6. GENERAL PRIZE CONDITIONS:
Except where otherwise expressly noted in these Official Rules, the selection of all vendors, prizes, products, and services is subject to the Sweepstakes Provider’s sole and absolute discretion. All prize details not specified in these Official Rules will be determined in Sweepstakes Provider’s sole and absolute discretion. The winner of a prize (“Prize Winner”) will not receive cash or any other form of compensation if the actual cost or value of a Prize is less than the Prize’s stated approximated retail value (“Prize ARV”), or the Prize Winner, and/or, if applicable, the Prize Winner’s guest(s) and/or eligible travel companion(s), forfeit, do not use, or are determined ineligible for any portion of the prize. The Prize Winner will not receive the difference between the actual value and Prize ARV, and such difference will be forfeited. The Prize(s) and any portion thereof that may be awarded to the eligible Prize Winner(s) are not transferable, redeemable for cash or exchangeable for any other prize, except in Sweepstakes Provider’s sole discretion. A minor may not participate as a guest of a Prize Winner unless the Prize Winner is the minor’s parent or guardian. No substitutions or cash redemption of Prizes are permitted except that the Sweepstakes Provider reserves the right to substitute a prize, in whole or in part, with another prize of equal or greater retail value (or at Sweepstakes Provider’s election, the cash value of the applicable Prize). Additional restrictions may apply. All taxes, upgrades and any other expenses not specifically identified in these Official Rules as included in a Prize are the responsibility of each Prize Winner. Parking, travel, meals, gratuities, travel-related expenses, accommodation, and all other expenses not specified herein are not included and are the sole responsibility of winner. Due to the nature of the Prizes, the event and thus the Prizes dependent on the occurrence of the event, may be cancelled and Sweepstakes Provider will have no obligation to a Prize Winner in any manner whatsoever if the Festival or any portion thereof, or any future Festivals or portion thereof, is cancelled or postponed. Prize Winners of any date-specific Prizes (e.g., festivals, concerts, trips) must be available on the dates specified. If the Prize Winner is not available on the specified dates, the Prize Winner will be disqualified and the Sweepstakes Provider reserves the right to choose an alternative Prize Winner, but the Sweepstakes Provider is not obligated to choose an alternative Prize Winner for any Prizes. Sweepstakes Provider is not responsible for the cancellation or rescheduling of any event and Sweepstakes Provider may in its sole discretion award a substitute Prize, but the Sweepstakes Provider is not obligated to substitute another Prize. Sweepstakes Provider reserves the right to not award the prize associated with that canceled event, concert, or festival, without any payment or obligation to the Prize Winner or guest. Prize Winner and any guests must have all necessary identification, and must present state authorized identification prior to being awarded a Prize. Sweepstakes Provider is not responsible if the Prize Winner and/or any guest of the Prize Winner is denied access or participation to any portion of the Prize for which access may be limited or restricted to certain age or other reason. Please note you must be of legal age to consume alcohol; proper identification required for consumption of alcohol. If a Prize Winner cannot be contacted or is disqualified for any reason, the Sweepstakes Provider reserves the right to determine an alternate winner or not to award that Prize, in its sole discretion. In the event of non-compliance for any reason, including the inability to accept the Prize for any reason, an alternate entrant may be selected in Sweepstake Provider’s sole discretion. An alternate group of Selected Entrants may be randomly selected from among the remaining eligible entries if any Selected Entrant: (i) refuses to sign the documents; or (ii) cannot accept or receive the Prize for any reason. Unless restricted by law, each Selected Entrant will be required to complete and return the Release at the time of selection by the Secret Spotter. If properly qualified, Selected Entrants will receive a Prize immediately. Sweepstakes Provider will not be responsible for lost Prizes and will not replace lost or destroyed Prizes for any reason.
7. CONDITIONS, DISCLAIMERS, AND LICENSE: By entering this Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of the Sweepstakes Provider (which decisions are final and binding on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes), and to comply with all federal, state and local laws and regulations. The decisions of the Sweepstakes Provider are final on all matters of fact, interpretation, eligibility, procedure and fulfillment. Entries and other submitted materials become the property of the Sweepstakes Provider and/or its promotional partner(s) and will not be acknowledged or returned. The Sweepstakes Provider is not responsible for incomplete, late, lost, or misdirected entries or for any technical malfunction, human error, lost/delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, or line failure in connection with any telephone network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof. Entries are void if unreadable, inaccurate, incomplete, mutilated, tampered with, forged, mechanically reproduced, irregular in any way, or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules. The Sweepstakes Provider makes no warranties, and hereby disclaims any and all warranties, express or implied, concerning any prize furnished or made available in connection with the Sweepstakes. Although Sweepstakes Provider attempts to ensure the integrity of the Sweepstakes, the Sweepstakes Provider is not responsible for the actions of entrants or other individuals in connection with the Sweepstakes, including entrants’ or other individuals’ attempts to circumvent the Official Rules or otherwise interfere with the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes Provider is not responsible for injury or damage to entrant’s or to any other person’s automobile(s), computer(s), other equipment, or person(s), related to or resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned for any reason including by reason of damage by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical limitations or failures, pandemic, government restrictions, strikes, industry conditions, bankruptcy or liquidation, marketplace demands, applicable law, unforeseen obstacles, or any other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sweepstakes Provider, could corrupt, compromise, undermine, or otherwise affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, viability, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, the Sweepstakes Provider reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to modify these Official Rules and/or to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend all or any part of the Sweepstakes with or without notice, and Sweepstakes Provider may in its sole discretion select a new Selected Entrant from among all eligible entries received up to the time of such cancellation, termination, modification, or suspension, as applicable. In the event that there are typographical errors that obscure the original intent of the Sweepstakes, Sweepstakes Provider reserves the right to cancel or modify the Sweepstakes. All taxes (including without limitation Federal, State, and local taxes) in connection with the Prize, and the reporting consequence thereof, are the sole responsibility of the Prize Winner(s). Prize Winner(s) may be sent a tax form 1099, or other appropriate tax document, in the event the average retail value requires Sweepstakes Provider to submit such form.
9. RELEASE AND INDEMNIFICATION: By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants release and hold the Sweepstakes Provider and any affiliated entities including without limitation parents, related and affiliated companies, subsidiaries, advertisers, promotional agencies and each of their respective directors, successors, sponsors, partners, licensees, officers, subsidiaries, agents, employees, artists, artist entities, advisors, assignees, and all others associated with the development and execution of the Sweepstakes harmless from and against any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, and actions of any kind arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the Sweepstakes or participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity (including without limitation the removal from the site of, or discontinuation of access to, any materials), or resulting directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any Prize awarded in connection with the Sweepstakes, including without limitation causes of action, claims and demands, including legal fees and expenses, including but not limited to, claims based on negligence, breach of contract and liability for personal injury, physical harm, death, or property damage, as well as claims based on publicity rights, defamation, and/or invasion of privacy, which the entrants or his/her administrators, heirs, successors or assigns might have or could have, by reason of or arising out of the entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes and/or in connection with the acceptance and/or use by entrant of the Prize.
10. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: In no event will the Sweepstakes Provider be responsible or liable for any damages or losses of any kind, including without limitation direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, or punitive damages, arising out of any access to and/or use of the Sweepstakes Site, the downloading from and/or printing material downloaded from the Sweepstakes Site, the removal from the Sweepstakes Site of, or discontinuation of access to, any materials, or the acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of, or any harm resulting from the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of, or participation in, any Prize awarded in connection with the Sweepstakes. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THE SWEEPSTAKES, ALL PRIZES, AND ALL RELATED MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND ALL SUCH WARRANTIES ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE RELEASE GRANTED BY ENTRANTS HEREIN, BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, EACH ENTRANT AGREES THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (2) IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS’ FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; (3) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS, AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED; (4) ENTRANTS’ REMEDIES ARE LIMITED TO A CLAIM FOR MONEY DAMAGES (IF ANY;) AND (5) ENTRANT IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY RIGHT TO SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR EQUITABLE RELIEF. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
11. GOVERNING LAW: The Sweepstakes and these Official Rules are governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the substantive laws of the State of California (as distinguished from the choice of law rules) and the United States of America applicable to contracts made and performed entirely in California and where the relevant contacts are with such state. All applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply.
(b) Severability; Headings: If any provision of these Official Rules is found to be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from these Official Rules and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions. Headings and captions are used in these Official Rules solely for convenience of reference, and shall not be deemed to affect in any manner the meaning or intent of these Official Rules or any provision hereof.
(c) Winner: For a list of winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope after April 17, 2023 to: Winners List, “2023 Carpoolchella Secret Spotter Weekend One” Sweepstakes, Goldenvoice LLC, 425 West 11th Street, Suite 500, Los Angeles, CA 90015. Requests for Winners List must be received by August 15, 2023. WA and VT residents may omit return postage.
(d) Rule Requests: To receive a copy of these complete rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Official Rules, “2023 Carpoolchella Secret Spotter Weekend One” Sweepstakes, Goldenvoice LLC, at 425 West 11th Street, Suite 500, Los Angeles, CA 90015. Requests for Official Rules must be received by August 15, 2023. WA and VT residents may omit return postage.