Thread: Going to Coachella 2019 alone

Default Going to Coachella 2019 alone

Hey!
    I just purchased my ticket for Coachella 2019, and going alone to Coachella for the first time! Any tips and where should I stay? How do I make new friends? And how to find someone to stay at a hotel together?

Lurker

Default Re: Going to Coachella 2019 alone

I did 2018 alone and had so much fun. People are nice and friendly. You will bond with people at the different stages. I stayed at a timeshare so I canít make recommendations for logging. However go with the full expectation of being alone and if you find some friends good but you can still have fun alone!

My first year I ended up with a big camping group that I'd never met before showing up in Indio and I had an amazing time. If you are even the remotest bit outgoing, you will make tons of new friends at Coachella. Strike up a conversation with anyone nearby you before / after a set- it's that easy.

If you are going the AirBnB / Hotel route, book early, like January early; do not wait as places fill and prices go up.

I really recommend camping onsite if you are able to, it's much cheaper, you'll meet tons of cool people and have quick in/out access all day everyday. Look on these forums and find people who live near you to meet up and join their camp if you can't score a camping pass.

Good luck!

Lurker

A lot of hotels are already booked for both weekends, so if you are looking to stay at a hotel I would book as soon as you can. Also, there are a lot of hotels but there were multiple that had yelp reviews re: theft, bed bugs, etc. I changed our hotel multiple times before finding a quality hotel. Yes it might be more than others, but we don't want to risk dealing with any of those issues.

Quote Originally Posted by lungshadow View Post
    My first year I ended up with a big camping group that I'd never met before showing up in Indio and I had an amazing time. If you are even the remotest bit outgoing, you will make tons of new friends at Coachella. Strike up a conversation with anyone nearby you before / after a set- it's that easy.

If you are going the AirBnB / Hotel route, book early, like January early; do not wait as places fill and prices go up.

I really recommend camping onsite if you are able to, it's much cheaper, you'll meet tons of cool people and have quick in/out access all day everyday. Look on these forums and find people who live near you to meet up and join their camp if you can't score a camping pass.

Good luck!

This is also my first experience.

Hey all! I am looking for more people to stay at an Airbnb with us for Coachella 2019... message me on insta if you are interested in joining. (Kourt.lee) Huge house with pool and only a few miles from polo fields.