Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Coachella 2019 Fake Poster Thread

Default Re: Coachella 2019 Fake Poster Thread

Quote Originally Posted by nzahir View Post
    JT and PND are for women though, but maybe some more females. This is tough considering my knowledge of genres is basically rap, r&b, and edm
    This thinking is extremely wrong.

Btw is anyone doing a mock? I can't wait 5 more freaking months. At least headliners may be fully confirmed in 3-4 months
    I've made some changes but not really enough to warrant posting again.

Quote Originally Posted by thefiremind View Post
    This thinking is extremely wrong.
    Why..

Because you tried to make a concise statement about both appealing to demographics and the need to increase female representation on your mock, while acknowledging that you probably don't have the genre knowledge to properly fill out the female representation.

One person made a humorous comment that didn't need to be taken seriously, so another decides it's safe to jump in and go into thought police mode. Just ignore it.

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but Sunday 2018 had only one act in the top 14. You are fine.

Wait, where the thought police at?

Quote Originally Posted by postonfootball87 View Post
    Because you tried to make a concise statement about both appealing to demographics and the need to increase female representation on your mock, while acknowledging that you probably don't have the genre knowledge to properly fill out the female representation.

One person made a humorous comment that didn't need to be taken seriously, so another decides it's safe to jump in and go into thought police mode. Just ignore it.

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but Sunday 2018 had only one act in the top 14. You are fine.
    I've said it before but I think the most important part re: representation are the headliners and subs. At least two of those six will be female-led, and I think 3 is more likely than 1. That's the direction they've trended. And more than 2 of the top 14 overall will be women.

The comment was made in regards to a single day on nzahir's mock, not the overall top 14. We are in agreement on your other points.

Travis did 553k albums week one, but he did cheat by giving an album with every piece of merch bought. Probably about half of that number or so. He will outdo Gambino's sales, but Gambino has/will have some bigger current mainstream hits( This is America)

Someone posted this mock, along with another, on Reddit. Just passing it on

coachella.jpg
    Last edited by nzahir; 08-20-2018 at 06:36 PM.

Travis did 553k albums week one, but he did cheat by giving an album with every piece of merch bought. Probably about half of that number or so. He will outdo Gambino's sales, but Gambino has/will have some bigger current mainstream hits( This is America)
    I don't really understand why people think Childish will have bigger mainstream hits. SiCKO MODE has almost a third of the plays of This is America in less than three weeks

Coachella Junkie WhyTheLongFace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zackcoletta View Post
    I don't really understand why people think Childish will have bigger mainstream hits. SiCKO MODE has almost a third of the plays of This is America in less than three weeks
    But nothing says that song is gonna get bigger. Like a viral video wont really help. He just performed it on the VMAs. I doubt we see an uptick. Most people are talking about the album as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by WhyTheLongFace View Post
    But nothing says that song is gonna get bigger. Like a viral video wont really help. He just performed it on the VMAs. I doubt we see an uptick. Most people are talking about the album as a whole.
    So he had one big mainstream hit (which will still be passed by SICKO MODE), and now all of ASTROWORLD has more plays than Feels Like Summer and I bet at least half will pass Summertime Magic

Sicko Mode has Drake on it

Gambino has a lot of big hits (Redbone, This is America, Sober, 3005, Sweatpants and he still has the new album coming). Plus he is more talented than Travis. I like Travis and had a lot of fun at his set in 2017, but I can't envision that set being a Coachella headliner, or at least not yet. He yells a ton and just gets the crowd going, but does not really sing that much.
    Last edited by nzahir; 08-21-2018 at 12:30 PM.

but does not really song that much.
    Agreed. Not a lot of song in his songs. Mostly just nonsense.

I like Travis better than Gambino but this was the album with the biggest hype for Travis so Iím glad his songs are doing well but Gambino is still more popular and his post-hype album has yet to come.

Quote Originally Posted by thefiremind View Post
    Agreed. Not a lot of song in his songs. Mostly just nonsense.
    Maybe, meant to say sing that much. But thanks for not thinking for a second

I like Travis better than Gambino but this was the album with the biggest hype for Travis so I’m glad his songs are doing well but Gambino is still more popular and his post-hype album has yet to come.
    I have seen several metrics on here for "popularity"

Facebook Likes-Donald Glover (not the Childish Gambino moniker) has .1 million more than Travis
    Instagram Followers-Travis has 11.2 million to Childish's 3 million
    Spotify-Travis is the 28th ranked artist to Childish's 63rd

We can't see the old playcounts of Travis's previous hits but going off of goosebumps (over 500 million) they all top those Gambino songs

More talented sure, but in no way is he more popular

I have seen several metrics on here for "popularity"

Facebook Likes-Donald Glover (not the Childish Gambino moniker) has .1 million more than Travis
    Instagram Followers-Travis has 11.2 million to Childish's 3 million
    Spotify-Travis is the 28th ranked artist to Childish's 63rd

We can't see the old playcounts of Travis's previous hits but going off of goosebumps (over 500 million) they all top those Gambino songs

More talented sure, but in no way is he more popular
    I feel as if more people know Gambino than Travis. Like multiple types of people who have different taste in music know Gambino. While most who know Travis are mainly into hip hop/pop.

Regardless of popularity, I think Gambino is more talented and he fits headliner status way better. This isn't Rolling Loud

I feel as if more people know Gambino than Travis. Like multiple types of people who have different taste in music know Gambino. While most who know Travis are mainly into hip hop/pop.

Regardless of popularity, I think Gambino is more talented and he fits headliner status way better. This isn't Rolling Loud
    Awareness does not equal popularity and I am not debating who is the bigger headliner
    I am just saying it is very cut and dry that Travis Scott's music is more popular than Childish Gambino's

I think this is one of those things were both sides can use their own metrics to make their point if they believe it. Travis is JUST NOW really catching his wave. Goosebumps and Antidote and Birds going Number #1 made him a star in the hip hip community, especially the youth but now he's considered among the Drake, J. Cole, Kendrick, Futures. His trajectory is going up.

But Childish got the "critical" acclaim off of his last album that Birds didn't get (Birds is one of my favorite albums the last decade for bias) and that helps transcends across all markets. Use in Get Out, Atlanta, Star Wars, etc. But the biggest thing is whatever childish's numbers are, the numbers of people anticipating him is even higher and we can't quantify. The week "This is America" came out it was the number 1 streamed song on Spotify at close to 40 million and is currently the #39th biggest global song on Spotify of 2018. Good song? Yes but people are really anticipating his next move especially if it's his last Childish move (I never trust artists).

Travis COULD headline after Astroworld but he would be seen as the weak headliner, which isn't bad but I think and his tour date confirms he's gonna ride this stardom and come back even bigger. When it's 2021 he would be one of, if not the most anticipated act of the weekend by the demographic by then as the age of his audience keeps growing. Childish dropping an album and headlining this year is one of those things that just work in perfect timing with popularity.
    "HIGH END RAP MUSIC! GHETTO STADIUM SHIT! THEY AIN'T WANT US AT THE FESTIVALS
    NOW WE WILL RUN THEM!"
    -Some Guy

I think this is one of those things were both sides can use their own metrics to make their point if they believe it. Travis is JUST NOW really catching his wave. Goosebumps and Antidote and Birds going Number #1 made him a star in the hip hip community, especially the youth but now he's considered among the Drake, J. Cole, Kendrick, Futures. His trajectory is going up.

But Childish got the "critical" acclaim off of his last album that Birds didn't get (Birds is one of my favorite albums the last decade for bias) and that helps transcends across all markets. Use in Get Out, Atlanta, Star Wars, etc. But the biggest thing is whatever childish's numbers are, the numbers of people anticipating him is even higher and we can't quantify. The week "This is America" came out it was the number 1 streamed song on Spotify at close to 40 million and is currently the #39th biggest global song on Spotify of 2018. Good song? Yes but people are really anticipating his next move especially if it's his last Childish move (I never trust artists).

Travis COULD headline after Astroworld but he would be seen as the weak headliner, which isn't bad but I think and his tour date confirms he's gonna ride this stardom and come back even bigger. When it's 2021 he would be one of, if not the most anticipated act of the weekend by the demographic by then as the age of his audience keeps growing. Childish dropping an album and headlining this year is one of those things that just work in perfect timing with popularity.
    This is a great answer thank you, and I appreciate the thought behind it. I agree that I don't think it's time for Travis to come back. I was at his Lolla set, and it was still short, and lacing Astroworld, so i think he has some refinement to go, and then yes in a few years he will be huge.

old school

Someone posted this mock, along with another, on Reddit. Just passing it on

coachella.jpg
    Would Barry Gibb do a full set before JT as previously rumoured, or think it would be just be a cameo?

Giving this whole mock draft thing a shot. This is my first one ever, go easy on me.
    (I know the bullets are way too big, but formatting them otherwise would have been a huge pain).

Seems mostly realistic, not very exciting

Uzi would aim for 2nd line and not 3rd line again

Thug maybe 3rd line, doesn't sell too well, but he has some hits

Need some more Yums acts, but overall very good for a first mock.

Kate Bush and Thom Yorke back to back just gave me the chills
    anything could happen

Female headliner and its real enough.

Would anyone be happy about a Madonna headlining set at Coachella...?
    anything could happen

Quote Originally Posted by arya. View Post
    I would 100% not be at that stage

But there also aren't many female headliners that I would consider/go to

I would consider Riri depending who else is playing

Quote Originally Posted by arya. View Post
    I wouldn't be happy, but I also would make sure to see a good chunk of her pending other artists playing. Despite all her bullshit and ego, she still is a legend in music and paved the way for many artists after her.
    10' - 11' - 12' W2 - 13' W1 - 14' W1 - 15' W1 - 16' W1 - 17' W1

You're not on the lineup no one wants to see u dj. Stop. Especially if you're going to play Calvin Harris u fuckin knob... - Reeber

RESPECT THE FORMULA - Guedita