There are a lot of threads on this message board complaining about shit gone wrong. This is my list of appreciation for the stuff that Coachella did right this year.
1. Awesome music, as is true every year. This goes without saying.
2. 10-for-1 recycling!!! This was the shit. There was so much less trash on the ground this year because of it, and I saw a lot of people taking advantage with bags of empty bottles.
3. Better water refilling stations. The lines seemed a lot shorter this year.
4. Bathroom cleaning staff. Not once did I use one of the bathroom trucks between the Mojave and Sahara tents and not see staff there cleaning it. Those bathrooms stayed remarkably clean all weekend.
5. Good merch designs. I love my t-shirt.
6. Good assortment of food vendors. I was very pleased with the selection this year. Even my veggie friend was a happy camper with the Indian bowls.
7. Awesome art! I especially liked that solar-powered glowing lights thing.
8. The flashing sign displayed as you were exiting the venue into the parking lots to direct you to the right or left for the various lots. It was good.
9. Ducat King presale.
10. Democratic spirit; lack of visible VIP-only areas and such. I appreciate that Coachella is a festival mainly for the people, and that the front stage area isn't only for VIPs or something.