Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: the do lab

Cool the do lab

random question,

does anyone know, or is there a list somewhere, of the DJ's the spun at the "do lab"?

friday night, there was a dj that mixed a song and it had all this craziness about a washing machine... i HAVE to find out who those guys were...

Default Re: the do lab

I'm with you on this......I've been going insane trying to find a list of the djs. I tried checking out the dolab website but none of those names ring a bell

I know the guy playing on Sunday around 10 PM was named Mark G.

He was tearing it up.

psychic friend posted in another thread:

The Do LaB's Lucent Misting Oasis Line-up

Friday

Patricio
    Jupiter
    Napela
    Helios jive
    Imagika
    Sammy bliss
    Jesse wright

Saturday

The Ianator
    Patricio
    The Metamorphs
    David Starfire
    Dandelion
    Patricio
    Jupiter
    Bassnectar w/ MC Souleye
    Imagika

Sunday

Y2
    Rd
    Jokton
    Marty
    Helios jive
    The Ianator
    The Glitch Mob featuring Ooah and Boreta
    Patricio
    Jupiter

If anyone asks, all of these acts will be at Lightning in a Bottle
    www.lightninginabottle.org

right on. thanks a lot.

The Do Lab rocked that shit. I sincerely hope that they will be back next year because Coachella really needs to have underground DJ's represented. The Sahara tent is not what it used to be.

Yo the Do LaB was the best part about Coachella. I know what song you're talking about..."someone fucked my washing machine!" I forgot who the DJs were but I think it might have been Sammy Bliss and Jesse Wright, but I'm not sure. I can find out at Lightning in a Bottle cuz I'm goin for sure!

I also enjoyed the do-lab camp more than the sahara tent, I bet LIAB and burningman would be an even greater experience with these folks.

Coachella Junkie jackstraw94086's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by elChurro View Post
    I also enjoyed the do-lab camp more than the sahara tent, I bet LIAB and burningman would be an even greater experience with these folks.
    Imagine dozens of do lab type camps all over the place, a few larger, and hundreds of smaller ones, and giant art cars roaming between them.

LIAB is like a mini BM except in the woods instead of a desert.

Quote Originally Posted by Mightycabage View Post
    Yo the Do LaB was the best part about Coachella. I know what song you're talking about..."someone fucked my washing machine!" I forgot who the DJs were but I think it might have been Sammy Bliss and Jesse Wright, but I'm not sure. I can find out at Lightning in a Bottle cuz I'm goin for sure!
    yeah it was sammy bliss! that song was hilarious! everyone was dancing like crazy and then as soon as it came on, everyone just like looked at each other kind of weirded out and then started dancing again. hahahaha.

ditto on lightning in a bottle. it should be rad.

the beautiful dj spinning on friday was imajika

*swoon

why would you spend all your time at coachella at the do lab? ridiculous. you could see all those same djs at LIB for like a fraction of the cost. by the way, LIB is great.

mainly to break-away from the madness and dance for a bit, the grass in that area was always wet so it felt a few degrees cooler... I also loved the whole set up, it felt like I was somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by grain View Post
    the beautiful dj spinning on friday was imajika

*swoon

thank you! omg, beauty AND skillz. just amazing. hope she's there again next year.

Haha I'm friends with Imagika on myspace....www.myspace.com/djimagika she was definitely dope. I spent a lot of time at the Do LaB between all the artists I was watching at the big stages. I had such a good time there I even missed some of the bands I wanted to see cuz I forgot about time

The performance from Lucent Dossier (Do Lab) last year completely changed my life. I was so moved by the beauty and community vibe, that it motivated me to get off my ass and start following my dream of costume design. I hope by next year that my skills are good enough for me to volunteer however I can. I spent a good 75% of my time in what my friends and I nicknamed "Arabia" - it was better than Disneyland for me!

Quote Originally Posted by tripcalifornia View Post
    The performance from Lucent Dossier (Do Lab) last year completely changed my life. I was so moved by the beauty and community vibe, that it motivated me to get off my ass and start following my dream of costume design. I hope by next year that my skills are good enough for me to volunteer however I can. I spent a good 75% of my time in what my friends and I nicknamed "Arabia" - it was better than Disneyland for me!
    again, just go to LIB.....it'll blow you away if you loved the Do Lab.

Quote Originally Posted by crazzz2007 View Post
    again, just go to LIB.....it'll blow you away if you loved the Do Lab.
    I am from the Santa Barbara area so I have been planning on LIB for a couple months now, but then I just found out a couple days ago that it falls on Mother's Day weekend...so I can't go. Thought about going just for Sat, but the price is up over $100 and the idea of driving down that mountain late at night with a bunch of people under the influence of certain substances makes me nervous. My sister is going with her Burning Man crew, so at least I introduced it to somebody who I know will love it. I'm actually thinking of attempting Burning Man this year for a few days...

Quote Originally Posted by tripcalifornia View Post
    I am from the Santa Barbara area so I have been planning on LIB for a couple months now, but then I just found out a couple days ago that it falls on Mother's Day weekend...so I can't go. Thought about going just for Sat, but the price is up over $100 and the idea of driving down that mountain late at night with a bunch of people under the influence of certain substances makes me nervous. My sister is going with her Burning Man crew, so at least I introduced it to somebody who I know will love it. I'm actually thinking of attempting Burning Man this year for a few days...
    I just found out that there will be day passes available at the door. Check out http://lightninginabottle.org for more info.

and have ya'll seen this dope video from the djs tearin it up saturday and sunday night??
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YavyszvC6og

I didn't spend much time in the Do Lab, but the time that I did was a highlight of my weekend.

Talking Re: the do lab

The Do LaB lays it out propper. I think their stage was by far the most beautiful and inviting of the stages at Coachella. A care free attitude where people could get down in an intimate atmosphere. I was given the opportuninty to play on their stage on Sunday night, and It was an expierience i'll remember forever. If you thought the Do LaB stage at Coachella was cool just imagine what it would look like set up surrounded by trees and mountains at Lightining in a Bottle. Ligtning in a bottle (LIB) is going to be the event of the year for me, I can't wait.
    Thank you Do laB, you got the Midas Touch!

-ian

Yo -
    Sammy Bliss here . . . many many many thanks to all of you who were there for our set Friday night at the Do Lab installation at Coachella! That was easily my favorite set as a Dj, so many amazing people out there dancing their hearts out, sending us endless love . . . so f'n fun!! But why did you f*k my washing machine? ;-}
    If you wanna find out what we're doing next, you can check us at: www.PocketUnderground.com

Meanwhile, the Do Lab has a REDICULOUS line up of talent, performances and workshops this weekend at Lightning In A Bottle. The line-ups are posted so you can check it all out. Jesse and I are playing Saturday night 9-12a on the Woogie stage, so come find us and let's get it on! www.LightningInABottle.org

Much love and endless gratitude to all y'allz . . .
    S to the B

Lurker

The DO LAB + BIO DOME > Sahara Tent. I was on my way to see Bjork Friday night, walked by the Do Lab......needless to say I never made it the main stage. Friday night was amazing.

I also loved the Oasis Dome in 2006.

Hello

I was wondering if anyone recognizes the song in this video from one of the first dolab sets of the day on friday.

Any info would be great, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by uniform72 View Post
    The Do Lab rocked that shit. I sincerely hope that they will be back next year because Coachella really needs to have underground DJ's represented. The Sahara tent is not what it used to be.
    Coachella is one of the Do Lab's official clients as well as burning man...they are there in some form every year...

sorry if this was already clarified...

Quote Originally Posted by tkida View Post
    Hello

I was wondering if anyone recognizes the song in this video from one of the first dolab sets of the day on friday.

Any info would be great, thanks
    i duno who sings the lyrics but the instrumental is dead prez - hip hop

Quote Originally Posted by the ianator View Post
    The Do LaB lays it out propper. I think their stage was by far the most beautiful and inviting of the stages at Coachella. A care free attitude where people could get down in an intimate atmosphere. I was given the opportuninty to play on their stage on Sunday night, and It was an expierience i'll remember forever. If you thought the Do LaB stage at Coachella was cool just imagine what it would look like set up surrounded by trees and mountains at Lightining in a Bottle. Ligtning in a bottle (LIB) is going to be the event of the year for me, I can't wait.
    Thank you Do laB, you got the Midas Touch!

-ian

yup you fuckin rocked it at Coachella and also LIB

Quote Originally Posted by SammyBliss View Post
    Yo -
    Sammy Bliss here . . . many many many thanks to all of you who were there for our set Friday night at the Do Lab installation at Coachella! That was easily my favorite set as a Dj, so many amazing people out there dancing their hearts out, sending us endless love . . . so f'n fun!! But why did you f*k my washing machine? ;-}
    If you wanna find out what we're doing next, you can check us at: www.PocketUnderground.com

Meanwhile, the Do Lab has a REDICULOUS line up of talent, performances and workshops this weekend at Lightning In A Bottle. The line-ups are posted so you can check it all out. Jesse and I are playing Saturday night 9-12a on the Woogie stage, so come find us and let's get it on! www.LightningInABottle.org

Much love and endless gratitude to all y'allz . . .
    S to the B

you and jesse wright were killin it too i gave you guys high five props

Young blood

reviews? anyone?

Loved it - but Lucent Dossier is the circus I have always wanted to run away and join, so I have a bias: