Page 86 of 92 FirstFirst ... 8182838485868788899091 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,580 of 2735

Thread: Coachella 2019 Confirmations/Rumors

Default Re: Coachella 2019 Confirmations/Rumors

Quote Originally Posted by Joyrider View Post
    nzahir
    Actually I stand corrected. This is the right answer.

Indeed haha

ummm . . . I feel neglected on the Missy comment.
    10' - 11' - 12' W2 - 13' W1 - 14' W1 - 15' W1 - 16' W1 - 17' W1

You're not on the lineup no one wants to see u dj. Stop. Especially if you're going to play Calvin Harris u fuckin knob... - Reeber

RESPECT THE FORMULA - Guedita

Quote Originally Posted by becorr View Post
    you can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into. trying to argue with these types is just signing yourself up for endless non-sequiturs, whataboutism, abuse of statistics, ridiculous attempts to prove "hypocrisy" by making absurd generalizations out of your arguments or taking things wildly out of context. an endless flood of bullshit with the goal of breaking you down if you try to refute all of it.

I'm also a big fan of this Satre quote - though he was speaking about Nazis, it applies just as cleanly to pretty much all conservative concern trolls:
    “Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past.”

funnily enough, that last sentence describes nzahir's latest post perfectly
    I know. But I also think there's too much of a willingness to just say: "fuck it, you're a lost cause," and quit. I don't think getting into an argument helps, and I know full well how difficult it is to convince someone with logic, but I'd rather offer a substantive response once and hope it sits somewhere in the back of his mind nagging at him than just make fun of him. I was blindly conservative and generally uneducated about the realities of politics in high school. I grew up on my own, but I often think a handful of genuine conversations from years prior laid a seed.

Quote Originally Posted by M0D3Z View Post
    ummm . . . I feel neglected on the Missy comment.
    Missy at 2 seems logical. And to be honest, I'd be pretty down with a Nelly Furtado comeback.

Sidenote, where the fuck is Fiona Apple and when if ever is she going to play this festival?

old school

Quote Originally Posted by braundiggity View Post
    And to be honest, I'd be pretty down with a Nelly Furtado comeback.
    She could barely sell a few hundred tickets in her home markets in BC when touring in 2013.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sp...tructible_Tour

She played to a crowd of about 30 people in Portland not too long ago.

Oh, I know - she'd have to do something to merit people caring about her again, I definitely don't want her highly billed at Coachella. Just saying she had some bangers 10+ years ago and would welcome her making good music again.

First post updated, sorry for the wait guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by TickleMeElmo View Post
    Uhh, Gil Scott-Heron is kinda dead, dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by anonymous96 View Post
    Whoops lol, that's what happens with my piss poor knowledge of rap

Lmfao

Coachella Junkie WhyTheLongFace's Avatar

Lmaoo

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
    It's like formally booking R. Kelly on the lineup and not expecting a backlash.
    Dude, you're comparing someone who was in an intimate relationship with a 15 year old, and accused of multiple sexual crimes (with more evidence pointing to guilty than not), to someone who has an unpopular political belief and sometimes goes on weird rants? Not a good comparison.

I just don't understand why so many people put so much stock into what celebrities think or say. It's just weird to me. I like his music, I don't have to like him as a person, as long as he's not out here committing crimes or something I just don't care. I don't agree with a lot of his views either but someone having different views than me doesn't bother me. Just give me good music.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by kct3722 View Post
    Dude, you're comparing someone who was in an intimate relationship with a 15 year old, and accused of multiple sexual crimes (with more evidence pointing to guilty than not)
    This quoted sentence can apply to both R. Kelly and Donald Trump.

Pitchfork 2013 booked R. Kelly to headline. Coachella 2019 think it's OK to book Kanye.

Holy shit I love you TME.
    My old account "Mikey1313666" is down for whatever reason.

lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewski27 View Post
    Wouldn't it be hilarious if Daft Punk were to play, but at the end, they take of their helmets and it was Justice all along? And they're all like "We are Juusteeeece!"

You are the best.

Definitely not trying to keep being political but I get what nhazir is saying a little bit. Iím very liberal, think trump and Kanye are both douchebags, donated to Bernieís campaign, voted for Hilary and think the left is getting more and more over the top. I mean cnn just called Kanye a ďnegro who canít readĒ ffs. Thatís completely unacceptable but instead the whole panel laughed about it. Who the hell even says negro this days anyways lol. As for celebrities and their political opinions, it all goes back to the Dave Chappelle skit about ja rule and 911. People put too much emotion into what they say and think. That said if Kanye is going to stir up that much controversy then just book someone else unless his new album is great.

Taking Back Sunday out

Quote Originally Posted by Corona89 View Post
    Definitely not trying to keep being political but I get what nhazir is saying a little bit. Iím very liberal, think trump and Kanye are both douchebags, donated to Bernieís campaign, voted for Hilary and think the left is getting more and more over the top. I mean cnn just called Kanye a ďnegro who canít readĒ ffs. Thatís completely unacceptable but instead the whole panel laughed about it. Who the hell even says negro this days anyways lol. As for celebrities and their political opinions, it all goes back to the Dave Chappelle skit about ja rule and 911. People put too much emotion into what they say and think. That said if Kanye is going to stir up that much controversy then just book someone else unless his new album is great.
    How does cnn having that comment mean the left is over the top? 2) Black People say negro all the time among ourselves. Iím disgusted by the comment not cause of the comment but because there are some things you donít say in mixed company. But CNN is trash anyway so I still donít get the correlation with that comment and the left being over the top

Also, nobody said he canít read. They said he doesnít read, a fact he boasts about and is proud of, and which does help explain his surface level understanding of the world today.

"I mean, damn, did you even see the test
    You got D's motherfucker, D's, Rosie Perez"

Quote Originally Posted by WhyTheLongFace View Post
    How does cnn having that comment mean the left is over the top? 2) Black People say negro all the time among ourselves. I’m disgusted by the comment not cause of the comment but because there are some things you don’t say in mixed company. But CNN is trash anyway so I still don’t get the correlation with that comment and the left being over the top
    People think CNN = everyone who is slightly "liberal" whatever that means, and Fox = everyone who is slightly "conservative".

Does anyone under 35 watch network news these days? It's all garbage no matter what you believe in.

Rolling Loud Los Angeles.

http://www.rollingloud.com/losangeles/

So we can expect to eliminate everyone on this lineup except for the blurred out names?

CNN is far less biased than Fox News. The only reason people think that about CNN these days is Donald Trump is it's way too easy to point out the things Trump is terrible at, and he keeps attacking CNN as the enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by gam3g3ni3 View Post

So we can expect to eliminate everyone on this lineup except for the blurred out names?
    The blurred out names count too since they will of course still be announced before coachella.

No YG though makes me optimistic for Coachella.

But this is the first year and the radius clause last year was December 15th so if we going by that then everyone on Day 1 is still eligible.
    "HIGH END RAP MUSIC! GHETTO STADIUM SHIT! THEY AIN'T WANT US AT THE FESTIVALS
    NOW WE WILL RUN THEM!"
    -Some Guy

Quote Originally Posted by iantmcfarland View Post
    CNN is far less biased than Fox News. The only reason people think that about CNN these days is Donald Trump is it's way too easy to point out the things Trump is terrible at, and he keeps attacking CNN as the enemy.
    It's Fox News and MSNBC that are the extremes on each side, not CNN. But conservatives who don't know what they're talking about like to say CNN is biased. Criticizing a President like Trump shouldn't be a partisan issue, but unfortunately, some still think it is. It should be a common fking sense issue.

Even equating Fox and MSNBC is absurd. MSNBC is undoubtedly liberal, but they still generally live in reality and deal with facts. Whereas Fox is almost exclusively an opinion network at this point, peddling conspiracy theories, non-stories, falsehoods, and stoking racial fears for a large portion of their content. Shepard Smith is the one news anchor they have left, lending legitimacy to what is otherwise a propaganda platform.

Anyhow, I was thinking this might be the year for lil wayne at Coachella, but I guess not.

Quote Originally Posted by gam3g3ni3 View Post

Damn I had Lil Wayne on my lineup pool... -1 point
    10' - 11' - 12' W2 - 13' W1 - 14' W1 - 15' W1 - 16' W1 - 17' W1

You're not on the lineup no one wants to see u dj. Stop. Especially if you're going to play Calvin Harris u fuckin knob... - Reeber

RESPECT THE FORMULA - Guedita

Quote Originally Posted by Corona89 View Post
    Definitely not trying to keep being political but I get what nhazir is saying a little bit. I’m very liberal, think trump and Kanye are both douchebags, donated to Bernie’s campaign, voted for Hilary and think the left is getting more and more over the top. I mean cnn just called Kanye a “negro who can’t read” ffs. That’s completely unacceptable but instead the whole panel laughed about it. Who the hell even says negro this days anyways lol. As for celebrities and their political opinions, it all goes back to the Dave Chappelle skit about ja rule and 911. People put too much emotion into what they say and think. That said if Kanye is going to stir up that much controversy then just book someone else unless his new album is great.
    At least you get what I mean, but lets keep politics out of here if we can