Page 71 of 71 FirstFirst ... 666768697071
Results 2,101 to 2,120 of 2120

Thread: Coachella 2019 Confirmations/Rumors

  1. #2101

    Default Re: Coachella 2019 Confirmations/Rumors

    Perturbator has new music/new live show debuting in Europe that ends March 30th. Could see him taking the Carpenter Brut slot and closing Gobi/Mojave.

  2. #2102
    old school
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,888

    Default Re: Coachella 2019 Confirmations/Rumors

    Foxing show in LA tomorrow night still has tix available. Troubador's a small venue. Getting a little less optimistic they'll get a look on the bill but still hopeful

  3. #2103
    Coachella Junkie WhyTheLongFace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    San Gabriel
    Posts
    12,298

    Default Re: Coachella 2019 Confirmations/Rumors

    New Kanye album in 2 weeks. Yandhi.

    Followed by Saturday night Live.

    The “omg I love Chicago” rebrand effort is working and people are forgiving him so I guess it’s still possible or whatever.

  4. #2104
    old school superfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    3,372

    Default Re: Coachella 2019 Confirmations/Rumors

    Quote Originally Posted by silver06 View Post
    Foxing show in LA tomorrow night still has tix available. Troubador's a small venue. Getting a little less optimistic they'll get a look on the bill but still hopeful
    So many troubadour shows dont sell out anymore. Bet you if they played the echo it wouldve sold out.

  5. #2105

    Default Re: Coachella 2019 Confirmations/Rumors

    Quote Originally Posted by WhyTheLongFace View Post
    New Kanye album in 2 weeks. Yandhi.

    Followed by Saturday night Live.

    The “omg I love Chicago” rebrand effort is working and people are forgiving him so I guess it’s still possible or whatever.
    So its really going to be Gambino, JT, and Kanye huh

  6. #2106

    Default Re: Coachella 2019 Confirmations/Rumors

    Quote Originally Posted by nzahir View Post
    So its really going to be Gambino, JT, and Kanye huh
    No.

  7. #2107
    Happy Feet Coachella Bound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    City of Wasted Dreams, CA
    Posts
    5,726

    Default Re: Coachella 2019 Confirmations/Rumors

    Quote Originally Posted by nzahir View Post
    So its really going to be Gambino, JT, and Kanye huh
    No.

  8. #2108

    Default Re: Coachella 2019 Confirmations/Rumors

    The "confirmations" are awesome this year. But assuming 3/4 of Aphex, Groove Armada, Thom Yorke and Carl Cox are actually on the poster though, this doesn't leave much more room for my plea for the Chemical Brothers on that second line. This actually makes me a bit sad. Oh well, RUFUS are pretty much guaranteed too I'd figure.

    There's been lots of talk here about repeats from last year but no real conversation about this being the 20th anniversary. It doesn't seem like it's leaning that way but this is a pretty good excuse to have more repeats from years past than usual on the top lines in general. Has anyone heard any mentions at all about this being a 'special' year in any way booking-wise? It would be slightly disappointing if there was no effort put in for an anniversary celebration of some kind but hey what do I know, I'm just a dude who was stranded in a Wal-Mart parking lot for a day without being compensated for the loss of our wonderful Day 0 last year (yeah, still a bit sore)

  9. #2109
    Happy Feet Coachella Bound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    City of Wasted Dreams, CA
    Posts
    5,726

    Default Re: Coachella 2019 Confirmations/Rumors

    Quote Originally Posted by rousse View Post
    The "confirmations" are awesome this year. But assuming 3/4 of Aphex, Groove Armada, Thom Yorke and Carl Cox are actually on the poster though, this doesn't leave much more room for my plea for the Chemical Brothers on that second line. This actually makes me a bit sad. Oh well, RUFUS are pretty much guaranteed too I'd figure.

    There's been lots of talk here about repeats from last year but no real conversation about this being the 20th anniversary. It doesn't seem like it's leaning that way but this is a pretty good excuse to have more repeats from years past than usual on the top lines in general. Has anyone heard any mentions at all about this being a 'special' year in any way booking-wise? It would be slightly disappointing if there was no effort put in for an anniversary celebration of some kind but hey what do I know, I'm just a dude who was stranded in a Wal-Mart parking lot for a day without being compensated for the loss of our wonderful Day 0 last year (yeah, still a bit sore)
    The anniversary thing was talked about for a little while. But most came to the conclusion that Coachella won’t do much, if anything at all. Outside of maybe a couple interviews not much was mentioned or done for the 10 year.

    Regarding the Chems. This is obviously just my opinion, but I don’t think they care to perform at the fest anymore.

  10. #2110
    old school TickleMeElmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    5,339

    Default Re: Coachella 2019 Confirmations/Rumors

    I could see them booking one of the more notable artists from the 1999 lineup and mention it in an interview but I think that’s as far as they go for the anniversary.
    Quote Originally Posted by TickleMeElmo View Post
    Uhh, Gil Scott-Heron is kinda dead, dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by anonymous96 View Post
    Whoops lol, that's what happens with my piss poor knowledge of rap

  11. #2111
    Coachella Junkie WhyTheLongFace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    San Gabriel
    Posts
    12,298

    Default Re: Coachella 2019 Confirmations/Rumors

    Most likely from there are: Underworld, Pavement, Thievery Corporation, A-Trak, Spiritualuzed, Modest Mouse, At the Drive In, DJ Shadow or Carl Craig.

    If you told me they get 2-3 acts I would guess: A*Trak, Spiritualized, Underworld (w/ Iggy)

  12. #2112

    Default Re: Coachella 2019 Confirmations/Rumors

    What’s Mars Volta been up to. Would be tight if we got them.

  13. #2113

    Default Re: Coachella 2019 Confirmations/Rumors

    what are the chances jungle repeats? this new album is unreal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewski27 View Post
    Wouldn't it be hilarious if Daft Punk were to play, but at the end, they take of their helmets and it was Justice all along? And they're all like "We are Juusteeeece!"

  14. #2114
    Happy Feet Coachella Bound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    City of Wasted Dreams, CA
    Posts
    5,726

    Default Re: Coachella 2019 Confirmations/Rumors

    Quote Originally Posted by Reeber View Post
    what are the chances jungle repeats? this new album is unreal.
    Sadly it prob won’t happen. They’re in LA too close to April and I think their tour in Australia starts in between Coachella weekends

  15. #2115
    old school TickleMeElmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    5,339

    Default Re: Coachella 2019 Confirmations/Rumors

    At least it’s good to know that they asked Sleep to play...

    https://www.loudersound.com/news/sle...-play-roadburn
    Quote Originally Posted by TickleMeElmo View Post
    Uhh, Gil Scott-Heron is kinda dead, dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by anonymous96 View Post
    Whoops lol, that's what happens with my piss poor knowledge of rap

  16. #2116
    Member gibsonguy20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    435

    Default Re: Coachella 2019 Confirmations/Rumors

    I guess I’ll remove them from my 2018 mock poster then. They would be a great Sonora closer.

  17. #2117
    Coachella Junkie WhyTheLongFace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    San Gabriel
    Posts
    12,298

    Default Re: Coachella 2019 Confirmations/Rumors

    Quote Originally Posted by TickleMeElmo View Post
    At least it’s good to know that they asked Sleep to play...

    https://www.loudersound.com/news/sle...-play-roadburn
    That 6 month clause is so trash

  18. #2118

    Default Re: Coachella 2019 Confirmations/Rumors

    He makes it sound like his understanding of the radius clause is that if you play Coachella, you can't play any other shows anywhere for 6 months afterwards.

  19. #2119

    Default Re: Coachella 2019 Confirmations/Rumors

    Quote Originally Posted by Coachella Bound View Post
    Regarding the Chems. This is obviously just my opinion, but I don’t think they care to perform at the fest anymore.
    Funny, I was thinking they'd be the best option as far as the original lineup goes. And the guy in my avatar would indeed suggest that's, like, just your opinion man

  20. #2120
    old school superfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    3,372

    Default Re: Coachella 2019 Confirmations/Rumors

    Quote Originally Posted by seanc3 View Post
    What’s Mars Volta been up to. Would be tight if we got them.
    FYF is dead, so mars volta popping up wouldnt happen. That would be more of a Desert Daze thing easily.

Similar Threads

  1. The REAL Coachella 2018 Rumors/Confirmations Thread
    By TickleMeElmo in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 3880
    Last Post: 04-05-2018, 03:41 PM
  2. Coachella 2018 Confirmations/Rumors
    By Droxcy in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 125
    Last Post: 02-23-2017, 12:52 PM
  3. Coachella 2017 Confirmations/Rumors
    By TickleMeElmo in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 3334
    Last Post: 02-03-2017, 04:21 PM
  4. 2015 Rumors/Confirmations/Whatever/Etc.
    By timothyhockley in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-10-2014, 01:28 PM
  5. Coachella 2011: Rumors, Headliners, rumored Confirmations
    By TeamCoachellaHellYeah in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 3726
    Last Post: 06-10-2013, 10:10 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •