Page 92 of 92 FirstFirst ... 878889909192
Results 2,731 to 2,735 of 2735

Thread: Coachella 2019 Confirmations/Rumors

Default Re: Coachella 2019 Confirmations/Rumors

Quote Originally Posted by braundiggity View Post
    ACL to Coachella is not a perfect comparison in terms of billing. Different audiences, and 3 hours less music each day (aka fewer acts), meaning placements shift a bit regardless. Portugal. The Man was 20th at ACL 2017 and a sub at Coachella 2018. Martin Garrix was 6th overall at ACL 2017 and 5th on his day at Coachella 2017.

But I do think Khalid would be at least a 3 if not a sub. Between the crowded competition for those spots and the odd timing (makes more sense to play in support of an album than an EP) I think he's more likely in 2020 than next year.
    So you got a couple of things wrong here(like PTM subbing, was a #3 and how ACL has some guys playing just week 1 or 2) but I get what you're saying

Khalid also was ahead of Kaskade, Paramore, Alt-J, Dua Lipa, and Paak(will change placement a lot with new album) at Bonaroo this year

At worst case he is a #4

As someone who likes to listen to Khalid while doing some homework and needing to listen to something mellow, I feel like his live sets aren't too good. Has anyone seen him live?

Quote Originally Posted by braundiggity View Post
    Different audiences.
    Having been to both multiple times, I'd say they're not much different. Friday of ACL this year skewed a bit older due to David Byrne, The National, Paul McCartney, etc.

That's the exception, though not the rule.
    Quote Originally Posted by shakermaker113 View Post
    speculation strikes again.

Fair enough. To be honest, I’ve never been to ACL, I just assume what’s popular in Austin is at least somewhat different than the LA area. And there are some bizarrely different billings you get between the two, which I just sorta assumed was to some degree because of that.
    Last edited by braundiggity; Yesterday at 08:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nzahir View Post
    Look at his monthly streams and views. He just dropped an EP. He was #8 at ACL without this EP(haven't heard to know if it will be big or not)

He is a #3 realistically, maybe even a push to 2nd if the EP has some huge hits, but that may be too high up too fast
    Agents yo, youre forgetting that they want em at a certain font size or no dice. Also, you shouldve looked at Lolla for reference vs ACL.

Quote Originally Posted by superfan View Post
    Agents yo, youre forgetting that they want em at a certain font size or no dice. Also, you shouldve looked at Lolla for reference vs ACL.
    He is ahead of PTM and Tyler the Creator(both #3s), but behind Post Malone(#6)

So kind of weird. Wait just realized Post dropped his album after Coachella. Khalid though looking like a #3 off that and with new EP. I guess he can be a #4, but these billings show he should be a #3.

He may have gotten too big this year and not enough space. But his hype will be lower in 2020 unless he has a new album. And if that blows up he would be pushing for Sub at his 1st time at Coachella. Rare, but I think Bon Iver did it