• Friday

9 13.04%
  • Saturday

7 10.14%
  • Sunday

53 76.81%

Thread: 2018 Lineup: Worst Day

Default 2018 Lineup: Worst Day

It seems like most agree Sat is the best. Wondering what everyone thinks is the worst. Heard lots about how bad Fri and Sun are to some.

Default Re: 2018 Lineup: Worst Day

Sunday is absolute garbage. Everyone I have even a slight interest in I've seen already.
    My old account "Mikey1313666" is down for whatever reason.

Sunday is weakest for me. Almost everyone I want to see will be in the Yuma that day.

Sunday is a complete moronic inferno and one of the worst lineup days OF ALL TIME. That said I am still trying to hold on to some optimism.
    Quote Originally Posted by svatomictwist View Post
    I spin in both directions, and I also dance in FRACTIONS.
    2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011!!!, 2012 (w1), 2013 (w2), 2014! (w2), 2015!! (w2), 2016 (w2), 2017 (w2)...

Thank God for Sunday. I'm going to spend lots of money eating food. Cruise the grounds and look at all the art. Not much time watching bands.

I gotta go with Saturday. I still can't believe Haim is second billed. At least 75% of the crowd waiting for Beyonce will have no clue who they are.

Prior to this year, I considered Sunday 2016 to be the worst day in the festival's history, but Sunday 2018 makes it look godly.

Quote Originally Posted by imademilwaukee View Post
    I gotta go with Saturday. I still can't believe Haim is second billed. At least 75% of the crowd waiting for Beyonce will have no clue who they are.
    Eh, I'd still argue a larger fan overlap than Bon Iver, who would've gone on before Bey if she didn't cancel last year. (But yeah, that second Haim album was underwhelming.)

I think I'm going to attend Outstanding in the Field and go home at like 8 pm on Sunday.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

Sunday is shockingly weak, but maybe it's for the best since the festival traffic turned into a six hour clustertfuck last year that day.

Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    Sunday is shockingly weak, but maybe it's for the best since the festival traffic turned into a six hour clustertfuck last year that day.
    I didn't face these issues last year, but I know a bunch of people did. What exactly happened last year that caused all that commotion?
    My old account "Mikey1313666" is down for whatever reason.

Sunday is awful.

Who wants to sell me their pass on Sunday?

Quote Originally Posted by mikey1313 View Post
    I didn't face these issues last year, but I know a bunch of people did. What exactly happened last year that caused all that commotion?
    The speculation I heard was that many car campers moved their cars to GA parking (to avoid the campground closures from 10pm-2am or whatever it is) and filled up all the onsite lots. The traffic direction was horrible and we had no idea where to go since every lot was full. The entire ring around the area was at a standstill for NO JOKE 5 hours it was the worrrrrrst. We FINALLY saw a direction to go to the fairgrounds and take a shuttle.
    Quote Originally Posted by svatomictwist View Post
    I spin in both directions, and I also dance in FRACTIONS.
    2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011!!!, 2012 (w1), 2013 (w2), 2014! (w2), 2015!! (w2), 2016 (w2), 2017 (w2)...

You see this, Paul Toilet? Fix it.

Someone on Facebook commented to me, "Sunday looks pretty good!"
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Hey here's an idea. You know those people who are desperately poor, down on their luck, uneducated, abused, and generally ill-equipped for life? Let's make fun of them.

Coachella Junkie WhyTheLongFace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pea View Post
    You see this, Paul Toilet? Fix it.
    This board isn't reflective of the festival lol. The Rokysopp thread was long last year and Future had no thread and if he did it would have been filled with people who hate his music yet his crowd was massive.

I think Sunday is my favorite day, maybe 2nd but I know the crowds for Cardi, Migos, Eminem, Odesza, King Krule and 6Lack will be huge or at least relatively larger than some of the acts the board is excited for on Fri/Sat so Paul has nothing to fix.
    "HIGH END RAP MUSIC! GHETTO STADIUM SHIT! THEY AIN'T WANT US AT THE FESTIVALS
    NOW WE WILL RUN THEM!"
    -Kanye West

Yeah Sunday will be a wildly popular day with most attendees. ODESZA and Migos might be the two most popular draws at the festival that aren't headliners. I am still not sure how I feel about Cardi B. Sometimes I think she's everything wrong with American music today, sometimes she feels like everything that's right with it.

It's my personal least favorite day though, easily. There isn't one single act I'm dying to see, whereas Friday and Saturday are almost overloaded for me.

I think where it misses me is that where Friday and Saturday really succeed at catering to the Reddit and forum crowds (because let's be honest, the Reddit is much closer to us than to the Instagram legions), the Sunday choices just miss everybody a bit. A Perfect Circle is still pretty niche in terms of audience, Kamasi is really awesome but personally something I'd prefer earlier on in the festival, and that's about it. Like, one big Yeah Yeah Yeahs name or a Fever Ray would make this day a lot more palatable.

Honestly I'll probably just do the PtM --> ODESZA --> Eminem run at the main stage and get really drunk. It'll be sloppy fun but a far cry from Sunday of last year, which was one of my favorite nights ever at this festival.

Totally agree about the effect one additional name of merit near the top of Sunday would have on my opinion. Having something like Fever Ray to look forward to that night would honestly make me okay with the entire day. I'm really looking forward to seeing APC for my first time ever, but I'm already afraid that this will be my least favorite closing of the festival I've ever attended. Maybe the Do-Lab will have some fun headliners that night.

Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    Yeah Sunday will be a wildly popular day with most attendees. ODESZA and Migos might be the two most popular draws at the festival that aren't headliners. I am still not sure how I feel about Cardi B. Sometimes I think she's everything wrong with American music today, sometimes she feels like everything that's right with it.
    Please elaborate.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeahs99 View Post
    Please elaborate.
    Charismatic, confident, and funny woman working her way up the mainstream ladder with no real connections to speak of, and doing everything from dark trap music to bubblegum pop remixes pretty competently (for mainstream rap). She doesn't strike me as very intelligent, nor do I believe for a second she writes everything if any of it, but in a weird way she seems like one of the few real American success stories out there.

And then other times I'm like...is this what hip-hop has come to, after Missy, Lauryn, etc?

I honestly sway back and forth on her on a daily basis. She's clearly a captivating figure for the public and there does seem to be some "there" there. She's really what you see, she's authentic to herself in a way that feels refreshing to me in the Instagram/Kardashian era and one of the few genuine voices in an increasingly homogenized rap Top 40 market. She's just having a lot of fun and it's hard for me not to respect that. She outshines everybody on the tracks, not with lyrics but with charisma...Nicki, Bruno Mars, G-Eazy/A$AP, Migos. She steals every single song she's featured on.

I have no idea how I feel about her. I think I respect her even if I don't enjoy her output? And the more I think about it, I respect Coachella getting her on the lineup. It's a weird risk that could play well. I won't be at the show, but it's wayyyyy more interesting as a big mainstream booking than Post Malone or Migos or G-Eazy/Khaled.
    Last edited by travelfan; 01-13-2018 at 12:29 PM.

if you don't understand or like cardi b FOH

Post and Migos too, so done with close minded geezers.

Not sure it makes someone close minded because they don't like shitty music like Migos and Cardi B