Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JUNGLE is back!!!!

Default JUNGLE is back!!!!

Maybe I failed via the "search" function, but I couldn't find a thread for these guys.

Performing on Saturday. This will be their 2nd time at Coachella (1st was 2015). They are a live band, with heavy electronic, hiphop, funk, and soul influence. I was hoping for some new music by next week, but that doesn't seem to be happening. Although they have been testing out some new songs on their recent tour. This song is from their debut/self titled, and went on to get an official remix from SOULWAX.

Default Re: JUNGLE is back!!!!

Really enjoyed them the first time around. No new material yet?

Quote Originally Posted by lecter82 View Post
    Really enjoyed them the first time around. No new material yet?
    Yes and no. This is one of the new singles that they have been testing out on the road.

I love Jungle but with no new publicly released music, not even a single, I think they're going to get thrown to the wolves during set times. Really wish they could have gotten it together before the festival.

can't wait for this! Chromeo, Jungle, and Chic back to back to back would be my best case scenario.
    setlist.fm | last.fm | facebook | twitter
    2006 • 2007 • 2008 • 2009 • 2010 • 2011
    • 2012 • 2013 • 2014 • 2015 • 2016 • 2017 • 2018
    5/24 Phantogram/TYCHO/Poolside @ Cal Coast • 5/25 Fever Ray @ Hollywood Palladium • Janelle Monae @ Cal Coast Open Air Theater
    6/22 Belle & Sebastian/Japanese Breakfast @ Observatory • 7/30 Decemberists @ Humphrey's by the Bay
    10/5-6 Caj Jam 18 • 10/12-14 Austin City Limits

Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    I love Jungle but with no new publicly released music, not even a single, I think they're going to get thrown to the wolves during set times. Really wish they could have gotten it together before the festival.
    Tech they have 2 new singles, but nothing officially released. I'm actually very very surprised there isn't anything out. They made an announcement about a month ago that the album was coming, and started to update their social media. But something must have happened. Or who knows? Maybe we wake up Monday and BAM!, its out. Just hoping they get a night time slot this year.

Here is the other new single -

They remind me a LOT of Capital Cities last year...new single, anticipation for an album...nothing...then a tent slot playing almost entirely material from their old album against a headliner.

I like the new live material I've seen on YouTube but without a single on Spotify, they're going to drop down people's priority lists. Hoping they release something next week!

If it doesn't conflict too bad with Bryne, CHIC or Yonce, I'll definitely be there.
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Smooches. =)
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Shut it down.

They were great at the Hollywood Bowl. I will be seeing them at Pappy & Harriet's, as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

one of the greatest bands of all time, stoked

If you like TV on the Radio you'll like these guys

I was excited to see them, but the lack of officially released, new music is pretty disappointing.

It sounded like they played the same song more or less for like 30 minutes straight but I wasn't complaining. Bring on more Jungle. I think they played a new song last week on Carson but could be wrong

SO excited for this. Given their stage and time, I think they're my #2 for Saturday now (after Beyonce, obviously). It seems like such a missed opportunity to not have the Mojave go Chromeo -> CHIC -> Jungle that evening.... boooo...

I have to think new music is coming really soon, but it is weird they haven't even put out a single by now.... maybe they'll put it out the day of their performance, or midweek between W1 and W2? Regardless, the only time I've seen them live was Coachella 2015 which was incredible. Looking forward to hearing them perform new songs at least!!
    Quote Originally Posted by svatomictwist View Post
    I spin in both directions, and I also dance in FRACTIONS.
    2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011!!!, 2012 (w1), 2013 (w2), 2014! (w2), 2015!! (w2), 2016 (w2), 2017 (w2), 2018 (w2)...

I keep laughing at how our Saturday days are more or less exactly the same. Bummed about no music, but Jungle --> Beyonce will be a huge party. Still so peeved about Chromeo and CHIC's placement. Such a missed opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    I keep laughing at how our Saturday days are more or less exactly the same. Bummed about no music, but Jungle --> Beyonce will be a huge party. Still so peeved about Chromeo and CHIC's placement. Such a missed opportunity.
    Seriously! We should definitely try to meet up!
    2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011!!!, 2012 (w1), 2013 (w2), 2014! (w2), 2015!! (w2), 2016 (w2), 2017 (w2), 2018 (w2)...

Quote Originally Posted by electrocute View Post
    Seriously! We should definitely try to meet up!
    Pretty sure we are doing a hot second of Marian Hill --> CHIC --> Chromeo --> MO --> David Byrne --> Fleet Foxes from afar while eating dinner --> Jungle --> Beyonce. Was hoping for Django Django but that's not happening it looks like.

I reeeeally want to stick it out for Chic and Chromeo depending on how hot it is, we may try to hang in the shade or in the main stage beer garden. If it's too brutal I could see bailing to go to Django, Busy P or Yaeji in the tents unfortunately I had Sir Sly down as my first act of the day, but 2:20pm Outdoor just sounds sooooo brutal with no shade over there. I'll PM you closer to the day so we can discuss plans in depth!

Quote Originally Posted by electrocute View Post
    I reeeeally want to stick it out for Chic and Chromeo depending on how hot it is, we may try to hang in the shade or in the main stage beer garden. If it's too brutal I could see bailing to go to Django, Busy P or Yaeji in the tents unfortunately I had Sir Sly down as my first act of the day, but 2:20pm Outdoor just sounds sooooo brutal with no shade over there. I'll PM you closer to the day so we can discuss plans in depth!
    Sounds like nighttime might be the move then! Bummed I'm missing Django Django and Yaeji but I can't skip CHIC and figure I'll be in a Chromeo mood right after that. After Jungle we're going to try to move through the VIP beer garden to get a good spot for Beyonce since it's usually pretty easy to get into the fray from there, but down to meet before Jungle! Just PM me, I think mine are full but I'm empty them before then.

Amazing set a few years ago and just walked in the tent and I stayed for almost the entire set. Great energy and the crowd.

I’ll see them at Pappy and Harriet’s next Thursday just before Coachella wk2. Loved their show last time. Back then, my wife was very tired so she wanted to sit down and get some rest, but once they started playing, she had to get up and dance.

They killed it on the livestream, looking forward to checking them out weekend 2.

Wow!!!! I had completely written off Jungle this weekend. No new album, and had seen them twice before. Plus they were up against Tom Misch. Jungle started 20 min before Tom, so decided to go watch the first few song.... I COULDNT WALK AWAY. These guys have taken their live show to the next level. They are no longer playing songs note for note. They are improvising, throwing down random variations and jam sessions. Calling audibles on stage. Absolutely the best set of the entire weekend.

DO NOT MISS THIS PERFORMANCE....!!!!

I'm really excited for this.

Fuck ya so excited for Pappy's later this week.
    anything could happen

Walked up for the final two songs and danced the hardest I did all weekend. So fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Hey here's an idea. You know those people who are desperately poor, down on their luck, uneducated, abused, and generally ill-equipped for life? Let's make fun of them.

The most fun I had this year was w2 Jungle. New songs sound great, looking forward to the album. I forget how good this band is until I see them.

They were so fucking fantastic. For whatever reason I've had it in my head for years that they're just another Capital Cities, so needless to say I was pretty ecstatic when my wife dragged me to their set weekend 2. I've spoiled so many opportunities to see them, too. Damn shame.

We got there late because Fleet Foxes were just destroying it, and left early to try to get close for Beyonce, and if anything we got too close because we were just squished and pushed around the whole time. Should've stayed for the whole show and just watched from the back to get some breathing room.

Really enjoyed it W2. Hearing 3 new songs was great as well - I recall we were all kind of like "wtf... no new music??" beforehand, but it dawned on me that hearing unreleased songs is one of my fave things about Coachella. The crowd here was one of the best of the weekend! It was on the smallish side, but everyone was dancing the whole time and those W2 VIBEzzZ were off the chain
    Last edited by electrocute; 05-01-2018 at 01:39 PM.