Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: LINEUP IS OUT

Default Re: LINEUP IS OUT

Oh yes, it will be all about St. Vincent. I did the right thing by going all out all for a few of Coachella’s greatest ever / most dream-like performances: watched in full Daft Punk in 2006 (by not completing Depeche Mode’s set), Stromae (over St. Vincent in 2015) and Royksopp (over Moderat last year). DEAR GV/Paul T., JUST STOP IT.

🤢

First year I’m skipping. Thinking I’ll travel to something new this year with a good lineup

We really live in a world where SZA and HAIM are Subs huh?

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The_Den View Post
    This is The Last Jedi of Coachella lineups isn't it? We knew this day would come. Fuck it...Jamiroquai though! I'M SO EXCITED!!!!
    Last Jedi shits on this lineup.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

Hangout West. Thanks big data.

Quote Originally Posted by santasutt View Post
    I'd go Saturday.
    And I'd buy you a couple of beers. I think there's plenty to like for us old guitar guys.
    I have been to concerts. I will go to concerts in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlueBus View Post
    We really live in a world where SZA and HAIM are Subs huh?
    We live in a world where this happens due to GV not booking any big name Dj.

And not trying to book The National, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Bjork....

Quote Originally Posted by superfan View Post
    We live in a world where this happens due to GV not booking any big name Dj.
    Do you even go to Coachella? Look at the last 5 years

Coachella Junkie WhyTheLongFace's Avatar

SZA being the second name is wild but there’s nobody on Friday bigger than her soooo....
    "HIGH END RAP MUSIC! GHETTO STADIUM SHIT! THEY AIN'T WANT US AT THE FESTIVALS
    NOW WE WILL RUN THEM!"
    -Some Guy

... which points to how much Friday underwhelms I guess

HAHAHA even a member of One Direction is ripping into the lineup. My how the mighty have fallen.

Quote Originally Posted by Pea View Post
    HAHAHA even a member of One Direction is ripping into the lineup. My how the mighty have fallen.
    Lol Louis Tomlinson, who's in a pop group, calls them out for not booking bands. Hilarious

To be fair, Gov Ball line up is garbage compared to this.

After spending the night thinking about the lineup, this quote leaves me angrier and more bewildered the more I think about it.

"And, with Queen Bey set to headline in 2018, Tollett had an early shot at finally coming up with the immaculate lineup he had always dreamed of. At least, he allowed, “it will give me a chance to experiment with some other bookings.”

Quote Originally Posted by concertgoer View Post
    And not trying to book The National, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Bjork....
    The YYY's in particular is perplexing; didn't GV put on their Fever To Tell anniversary show? I wonder if the IHeartRadio ALTer Ego fest just threw a ton of money at The National and Spoon to get them over Coachella...I

Quote Originally Posted by svenflauge View Post
    Yep. We're going to watch a flood of much worse US festival lineups come out over the next month or two.

Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    Do you even go to Coachella? Look at the last 5 years
    I do, and again, name a big name Dj on the top lines that is at the top of The Ultra lineup and EDC. There are none this year. I dont see Afrojack, Tiesto, David Guetta, Kaskade, Deadmau5, The Chainsmokers, Hardwell etc anywhere on this poster, or do you have a different version.

Quote Originally Posted by Pea View Post
    After spending the night thinking about the lineup, this quote leaves me angrier and more bewildered the more I think about it.

"And, with Queen Bey set to headline in 2018, Tollett had an early shot at finally coming up with the immaculate lineup he had always dreamed of. At least, he allowed, “it will give me a chance to experiment with some other bookings.”
    I said this earlier as well; he’s established this particular festival as an instant sellout so why even make that remark?
    I’m still going so I’m obviously not that furious but I can’t commit to presale for 2019: another buyer can/will gladly take my place
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Smooches. =)
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Shut it down.

Coachella Junkie WhyTheLongFace's Avatar

I wonder if that’s more Coachella moving away from that, the general public moving away or EDC being in May now.

Re: Big Name DJs
    "HIGH END RAP MUSIC! GHETTO STADIUM SHIT! THEY AIN'T WANT US AT THE FESTIVALS
    NOW WE WILL RUN THEM!"
    -Some Guy

Quote Originally Posted by nyarlathotoats View Post
    I said this earlier as well; he’s established this particular festival as an instant sellout so why even make that remark?
    I’m still going so I’m obviously not that furious but I can’t commit to presale for 2019: another buyer can/will gladly take my place
    Thing is, "it will give me a chance to experiment" could mean any number of things. Could mean he tried to get some weird stuff and wasn't able to secure it for one reason or another. Could mean "I don't need to fret about subheadliners as much." Could mean "this can be the year we finally move away from big name EDM." We interpreted it to mean, like, Aphex Twin. But hard to know what "experimenting with bookings" means to PT in the context of the AEG partnership. Still, it was a dumb comment that he probably just made off the cuff to put a positive spin on her backing out and later regretted.

Quote Originally Posted by WhyTheLongFace View Post
    I wonder if that’s more Coachella moving away from that, the general public moving away or EDC being in May now.

Re: Big Name DJs
    I think it's all three, plus the reality that the Sahara tent had simply gotten too big.

I do, and again, name a big name Dj on the top lines that is at the top of The Ultra lineup and EDC. There are none this year. I dont see Afrojack, Tiesto, David Guetta, Kaskade, Deadmau5, The Chainsmokers, Hardwell etc anywhere on this poster, or do you have a different version.
    Those are not subheadliners.

While I'm not loving this year's lineup overall, I do love Saturday, and the absence of the names you list above is a positive, not a negative, as much as I'm not into where Hip Hop/Alt R&B are right now, when it comes to live performance I'll take hip hop/Alt R&B over knob twiddlers any day of the week
    Radiohead - The Xx - Father John Misty - Bonobo - DJ Shadow - Guided By Voices - Preservation Hall Jazz Band - King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard - The Interrupters - Klangstof

Beyonce - Bon Iver - Nicholas Jarr - Tycho - Four Tet - The Avalanches - Banks & Steelz - Car Seat Headrest - Mitski - Floating Points

Kendrick Lamar - New Order - Future Islands - Hans Zimmer - Toots & The Maytals - Devendra Banhart - Lee Fields & The Expresions - Whitney - Preoccupations - Hinds - Ezra Furman - Pond

I dont see Afrojack, Tiesto, David Guetta, Kaskade, Deadmau5, The Chainsmokers, Hardwell

YAYYYY!!!!

Hello again Coachella forum.

Well, my dreams have come true. Post Malone will be at the polo fields this year.

Love the lineup, hip hop and rnb are kings and this is our year.

Time to pass the torch, sorry old timers.

Yikes
    anything could happen

Quote Originally Posted by svenflauge View Post
    Gov ball has Gaslight Anthem, the menzingers, japandroids, sylvan esso. All bands i'd go see before pretty much anyone in this year's coachella lineup.

Even my 18yr old cousin thinks the lineup sucks so not sure who they are going after.

Quote Originally Posted by NathanDrake18 View Post
    Gov ball has Gaslight Anthem, the menzingers, japandroids, sylvan esso. All bands i'd go see before pretty much anyone in this year's coachella lineup.

Even my 18yr old cousin thinks the lineup sucks so not sure who they are going after.
    People who watch The Voice.
    10' - 11' - 12' W2 - 13' W1 - 14' W1 - 15' W1 - 16' W1 - 17' W1

You're not on the lineup no one wants to see u dj. Stop. Especially if you're going to play Calvin Harris u fuckin knob... - Reeber

RESPECT THE FORMULA - Guedita

If you're interested in those bands over St Vincent, the War on Drugs, Jamiroquai, David Byrne, Chic, Soulwax, or countless others, have fun at Gov Ball. The only one of those thats a real bummer to me to miss out on is Gaslight Anthem, and that's only because they're playing the 59 Sound.

This is rich.