Thread: 2018 Grounds/Map

Default 2018 Grounds/Map

So, I thought I would start this thread cause I'm bored.

Anyways...

What are the thoughts on stages, any further expansion, art, beer gardens, etc.

Anyone think something new will be where the Antarctic was last year? Maybe we get more interactive art in the campgrounds? Will the Sonora be back and in the same spot?

Anything else you think might be new, changed or upgraded?
    10' - 11' - 12' W2 - 13' W1 - 14' W1 - 15' W1 - 16' W1 - 17' W1

You're not on the lineup no one wants to see u dj. Stop. Especially if you're going to play Calvin Harris u fuckin knob... - Reeber

RESPECT THE FORMULA - Guedita

Default Re: 2018 Grounds/Map

Quote Originally Posted by M0D3Z View Post
    Will the Sonora be back and in the same spot?
    I thought The Sonora was confirmed to be back in 2018, was it not?
    My old account "Mikey1313666" is down for whatever reason.

I remember seeing an article saying the Antarctic might come back with a new show.
    Quote Originally Posted by TickleMeElmo View Post
    Uhh, Gil Scott-Heron is kinda dead, dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by anonymous96 View Post
    Whoops lol, that's what happens with my piss poor knowledge of rap

Quote Originally Posted by TickleMeElmo View Post
    I remember seeing an article saying the Antarctic might come back with a new show.
    I really hope it does....I hate admitting it, but I never got to go in this year. I was planning on doing it Sunday night between Hans Zimmer and Justice, but they wound up closing it early that night. It wound up working out because I got the best spot I've ever had that late at night at the Outdoor for Justice, who wound up just edging out Hans Zimmer as my favorite set of 2017.

But I only heard amazing things about The Antarctic, and would definitely make that a priority if it returns in 2018.

It'd be awesome if the Antarctic is back again, but that seemed like a classic one-off Coachella piece. Definitely think the Sonora will be back. To be honest, I'm not expecting much different this year; last year was a huge change and I think they'll want to make small adjustments if anything and get the expansion right before doing something big like, say, another Outdoor stage.

Quote Originally Posted by mikey1313 View Post
    I really hope it does....I hate admitting it, but I never got to go in this year. I was planning on doing it Sunday night between Hans Zimmer and Justice, but they wound up closing it early that night.
    This is not true. I know bc I saw it that night around 1am. Also had a friend who was in the last showing at like 2 or 3 trying to do whipits and smoke dmt.

Quote Originally Posted by slinkybutt View Post
    This is not true. I know bc I saw it that night around 1am. Also had a friend who was in the last showing at like 2 or 3 trying to do whipits and smoke dmt.
    What the fuck?? I walked all the way over there from the Outdoor right after Hans, and the dude working it said it was closed. Well now I'm pissed.

It was def open past 1 on Saturday, at least. Dunno about Sunday.

I really hope it does....I hate admitting it, but I never got to go in this year. I was planning on doing it Sunday night between Hans Zimmer and Justice, but they wound up closing it early that night. It wound up working out because I got the best spot I've ever had that late at night at the Outdoor for Justice, who wound up just edging out Hans Zimmer as my favorite set of 2017.

But I only heard amazing things about The Antarctic, and would definitely make that a priority if it returns in 2018.
    I literally left halfway through justice to check it out for the third time, and it was definitely open.

They need to bring that back. What the hell did they do with that incredible piece the rest of the year?? I need more!
    Superfan will be in front of the Fonda masturbating furiously to a photo of him taking a photo of a band. Set is from 8:05 to approximately 8:05:15. Guest list only.

Upcoming Shows: Spamalot (7/31), HARD (8/1) 2001 Space Odyssey with LA Phil (8/12), Opeth (10/18), TOOL (10/31), Coachella 2016 (WK1), David Gilmour (Wherever I need to go)

I wish I had gone into the Antarctic while on acid between Warpaint and Nicolas Jaar, but it was too far of a walk at that point.

There were a number of things I didn't do because of the distance. I never got into the Sonora tent, which was a bummer. Not sure how they fix that without shrinking the grounds again.

Quote Originally Posted by braundiggity View Post
    There were a number of things I didn't do because of the distance. I never got into the Sonora tent, which was a bummer. Not sure how they fix that without shrinking the grounds again.
    My feet just weren't prepared for the ground expansions and to be fair I was really out of it the whole time that I was inside so I missed out on a lot of things. No excuses in 2018.
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Smooches. =)
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Shut it down.

we need antarctic back 110%, they need to fix that fucking wall blocking off the sahara and do lab, you had to walk around super weird to access that corner of the fest right?

The walk to/from Mojave/Gobi to Sonora/Yuma, is kind of a drag. I don't think there's much they can do about it, but having to walk from the entrance basically through merch lines/selfie takers in front of the ferris wheel/campers coming in and out of camp/food lines and people eating in the terrace/and skirting around beer gardens and the Sahara/Do Lab with only 5 mins to spare between acts I really wanna see was probably my least favorite thing about last years fest. I don't mind having to walk a little farther within the whole space of Coachella, but that particular trip back and forth (which I made quite a few times last year and suspect I will be doing again this year) just seemed to never be a clear path and felt like a hassle each time I had to make it.
    2005, 2007, 2011, 2012 W1 & W2, 2013 W1 & W2, 2014 W1 & W2, 2015 W1 & W2, 2016 W1 & W2, 2017 W1 & W2,and SOON 2018 W1 & W2 !!

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Get over yourself you entitled bitch whore cunt ball.

Biggest priorities for them to fix:
    - SHADE at the outdoor. And a beer garden you can watch the outdoor from.
    - easier access to Gobi tent from both sides. That weird wall made it soooo awkward and sucky to get in there, and it had criminally small crowds all weekend.
    - Better traffic direction. Sunday last year was catastrophic, so much so that we are thinking of just doing shuttle this year.

I'm not a fan of the grounds expansion, but I don't see them going back to how it used to be. Gotta train the walking strength to prepare!
    Quote Originally Posted by svatomictwist View Post
    I spin in both directions, and I also dance in FRACTIONS.
    2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011!!!, 2012 (w1), 2013 (w2), 2014! (w2), 2015!! (w2), 2016 (w2), 2017 (w2)...

1/24 Jen Cloher @ Cafe Du Nord | 1/27 Boy Harsher @ Elbo Room | 1/30 The Radio Dept @ Fillmore | 2/1 QOTSA @ Bill Graham | 2/10 Anastasia Kristensen @ Stud | 2/17 Call Super @ Stud | 2/18 Dr. Octogon @ Fillmore | 2/18 Shanti Celeste @ Audio (?)| 2/21 Parquet Courts @ Fillmore | 2/21 @ Maayan Nidim @ F8 | 2/23 Carla Dal Forno @ Starline Social Club | 2/24 Sevdaliza @ Swedish American Hall | 2/24 Octo Octa @ F8

What the fuck?? I walked all the way over there from the Outdoor right after Hans, and the dude working it said it was closed. Well now I'm pissed.
    it was closed when you said. I went at the exact same time. It must have reopened at some point and stayed open an hour past curfew.....

Yes, that walk from Sahara to Mojave sucked. Missed a whole song each of Royksopp and Moderat getting from one to the other. Sometimes you have to split sets, but missing that much just walking was lame.

Going from King Gizz at the Outdoor to Tacocat at the Sonora was a hike.

I really expected this to be the year of the big new stage and possibly seeing six headliners.
    setlist.fm | last.fm | facebook | twitter
    2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011
    2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018
    3/16 Fischerspooner @ Observatory 3/20 Cornelius @ Fonda Theatre 4/17 David Byrne @ San Diego Civic Center
    5/4 LCD Soundsystem/Yeah Yeah Yeahs @ Hollywood Bowl 5/24 Phantogram/TYCHO/Poolside @ Cal Coast 6/22 Belle & Sebastian/Japanese Breakfast @ Observatory

Quote Originally Posted by scenicworld View Post
    I really expected this to be the year of the big new stage and possibly seeing six headliners.
    #lateadds
    10' - 11' - 12' W2 - 13' W1 - 14' W1 - 15' W1 - 16' W1 - 17' W1

You're not on the lineup no one wants to see u dj. Stop. Especially if you're going to play Calvin Harris u fuckin knob... - Reeber

RESPECT THE FORMULA - Guedita

Quote Originally Posted by M0D3Z View Post
    #lateadds
    praying for this.

DRAM was a fun addition last year and caught him after a 30 mins of Richie Hawtin in the Do Lab.

Who do you guys think are some potential late ads this year?

And please make the Outdoor Stage beer Garden area more viewable. Was one of our groups biggest disappointments last year.

I actually really liked the new grounds. The only thing I think that suffered was the Gobi since it was out of the way. Everything else was a big improvement for me. Somehow contrary to many, I felt it was far less crowded with the exception of the "lobby". The one thing I skipped was the Sahara mess since there's now a backdoor VIP corridor going behind everything from the rose garden to the Gobi so I could bow out quickly after Royksopp.