Page 1 of 32 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Set Time Predictions 2018: FRIDAY

Default Set Time Predictions 2018: FRIDAY

FINAL PREDICTIONS

Clashfinder:
    https://clashfinder.com/s/coachella2...user=mikey1313

CONFIRMED:
    1. Vince Staples on the Main Stage - https://twitter.com/vincestaples/sta...22245455048705
    2. Jean-Michel Jarre is second to last on the Outdoor Stage - https://www.coachella.com/forum/show...=1#post3158576
    3. Helado Negro playing the Sonora early - https://www.coachella.com/forum/show...=1#post3159662
    4. Moon Boots DJ Set in the Yuma - https://imgur.com/a/4yoro
    5. REZZ playing the Sahara at night - https://twitter.com/officialrezz/sta...863346176?s=21
    6. Fazerdaze playing the Sonora - https://www.coachella.com/forum/show...=1#post3163800
    7. the MarŪas playing at 3:55 - https://www.coachella.com/forum/show...=1#post3167258

[ ] = Confirmed for that Stage
    * * = Confirmed for that Time (not exact)
    *[ ]* = Confirmed for that Stage and Time

(FINAL update v3: 4/8/18)
    Last edited by mikey1313; 04-08-2018 at 02:00 AM.
    My old account "Mikey1313666" is down for whatever reason.

Default Re: Set Time Predictions 2018: FRIDAY

If you decide not to go, Iíll be happy to take it over unless someone else really wants it. Got a lot of time on my hands since moving earlier this year.
    Last edited by gibsonguy20; 12-27-2017 at 10:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gibsonguy20 View Post
    If you decide not to go, I’ll be happy to take it over unless someone else really wants it. Got a lot of time on my hands since moving earlier this year.
    Alright, if this happens to be the first year that I don't go, you can take em.

establish the thread the year prior in case you don't want to go.. makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by LilithChella View Post
    establish the thread the year prior in case you don't want to go.. makes sense.
    Holy shit, did you even read the OP?

I said I put these up ahead of time, because I would make the first round of predictions regardless if I go this year or not.....and a YEAR prior? The lineup comes out next week.........

I guess I shouldn't bother responding to the person who thinks that we have 3 Hip-Hop headliners this year, you fucking moron.
    Last edited by mikey1313; 12-27-2017 at 08:00 PM.

Fridays 1st round of predictions are up.

Wow, that was quick.

Hito > Avalon Emerson > Kelela > Benjamin Clementine/Detroit Love > Black Coffee > Jamiroquai > SZA > St. Vincent > Jean Michel-Jarre > Maceo Plex > Soulwax

It does say Maceo Plex live on the Coachella website. Not sure if that takes him out of the Yuma.

It does say Maceo Plex live on the Coachella website. Not sure if that takes him out of the Yuma.
    I was wondering the same thing. Jon Hopkins was in the Yuma in 2015 though so it could work
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Smooches. =)
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Shut it down.

Elohim>The Regrettes>Perfume Genius>Helado Negro>Jamiroquai>Sza>St. Vincent>The Weeknd>Soulwax

We've had a few "Live" acts in the Yuma lately. The Belleville Three, and Bicep last year, SG Lewis a year or two ago, I'm pretty sure there are more examples.

That said, I will give Maceo 5 minutes of transition time, which is what they seem to do for the Live Yuma acts.

just a couple of quick minor suggestions to get the ball rolling, I doubt Elohim would open the Outdoor. She seems like an early Sahara set. You could put her in Slow Magic's spot and put him in a nighttime Gobi or Mojave slot (I don't think his playing a drum live thing would work in the Sahara, plus he's jumped off the stage to interact with the crowd both times I've seen him). and also I'd swap TroyBoi and REZZ. REZZ fits better at night, TroyBoi doesn't need darkness.

thanks for making the thread and doing the initial work to set it up, I get a lot of enjoyment out of these every year.

also does anyone know who/what Dreams is? relatively high billing but I've never heard of them and can't find anything on them. their photo on the coachella site is just a shot of art/crowd from last year.

Seems odd to have St. Vincent only move up one timeslot on the Outdoor since 2015. I could see her and SZA flipped. St. Vincent graduates to main stage. SZA "headlines" the outdoor and it probably makes for less people parking at the main stage.

REZZ definitely needs darkness to make her lighted goggles more visually effective.
    What used to be my YouTube Channel before dozens of my Coachella footage were flagged for copyright and my channel was terminated, erasing 10 years of Coachella and live concert history (that I recorded) from the internet.
    http://www.youtube.com/magmazing

I think Maceo Plex (LIVE) could land in the Gobi or Mojave. Feels like it could be a Richie Hawtin CLOSE / Dubfire Hybrid situation.

Coachella Junkie WhyTheLongFace's Avatar

SZA and Daniel Caesar will not conflict. I see Daniel early in the day on main/outdoor and Kelela either early outdoor or evening tent (sunset Gobi). Don’t see her on the main
    "HIGH END RAP MUSIC! GHETTO STADIUM SHIT! THEY AIN'T WANT US AT THE FESTIVALS
    NOW WE WILL RUN THEM!"
    -Some Guy

Quote Originally Posted by truevine View Post
    I think Maceo Plex (LIVE) could land in the Gobi or Mojave. Feels like it could be a Richie Hawtin CLOSE / Dubfire Hybrid situation.
    Do you or anyone have a "Live" set of his to show me that would make it so he wouldn't just be like a Belleville Three or Bicep live show?

Quote Originally Posted by mikey1313 View Post
    Do you or anyone have a "Live" set of his to show me that would make it so he wouldn't just be like a Belleville Three or Bicep live show?
    No. I believe itís a debut live show.

Agreed that I think Maceo Live will be outside the yuma.

Some combo of Maceo > JM-J > Soulwax would really please me. Richie was on at 8, so not too far fetched as I think at least one of the latter will cclose a tent. Both have somewhat elaborate stage setups gearwise, so easier to put closing, right?

My initial thoughts:

1. Doesn't Jean-Michel Jarre seem like prime Sahara?
    2. Jamiroquai before St Vincent is odd, given the billing. I think Jamiroquai is either getting the main stage treatment, in the third-to-last slot, or is closing the Outdoor.
    3. But that puts St Vincent in a weird position, repeating the Outdoor slot from 2015. She also seems ready for the main stage, but there's a log jam there. Are we sure Kygo isn't going in the Sahara? I've never heard any of the acts you have in there right now...as weird as the lack of big name EDM bookings is this year, it seems like they'd want at least one big-ish name in there if they can, no?

If Kygo in the Sahara is a possibility, then you could do St Vincent -> SZA -> Weeknd with Jamiroquai closing the Outdoor and Kygo in the Sahara.

Does this mean you're going this year Mikey?

Also: I think it'd be pretty funny if The Weeknd doesn't close the main stage this time. SZA -> The Weeknd -> Kygo, with St Vincent -> Jamiroquai on the Outdoor.

Wait, also: that War on Drugs set time is a downgrade for them, no? They played 6:10 on the Main last time and did great, and they're billed higher this year; they need to be later on the Outdoor, somehow. I don't know how you work out Jamiroquai/St Vincent/War on Drugs without one of them playing during the Weeknd or Kygo in the Sahara.

I find it hard to believe that Jean-Michel Jarre would be in the Sahara

Last year some acts on the second line got extended set times (DJ Snake, Justice, New Order) and got a full set. I think given the "rare" factor, Jamiroquai getting a slightly longer closing set on the outdoor stage could work.

Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    Last year some acts on the second line got extended set times (DJ Snake, Justice, New Order) and got a full set. I think given the "rare" factor, Jamiroquai getting a slightly longer closing set on the outdoor stage could work.
    Jamiroquai closing with a full set on the Outdoor that bleeds into The Weeknd makes sense to me. Plus then people can go Jamiroquai-Soulwax. Also think Jean-Michel Jarre makes a ton of sense in the Sahara during Kygo, but at the very least I highly doubt REZZ conflicts with Kygo there.

Quote Originally Posted by bemerritt View Post
    I find it hard to believe that Jean-Michel Jarre would be in the Sahara
    After some more video watching, i already disagree with myself.

Deorro's closing the Sahara, I don't think he gets the exact same set time as he did in 2015. Rezz, Troyboi, and Alison Wonderland are all going to be after dark. Rezz and/or Troyboi will play in the Gobi like What So Not/Jai Wolf/Gellaitry did last year. Kyle will probably get a later afternoon Sahara spot, he doesn't need to be in the dark. Carpenter Brut doesn't need to play in the dark, does he? He's not billed for the night, either.
    '11 '12 '13 '14 '15 '16 '17

Yeah, Carpenter Brut could absolutely be an afternoon tent set. I think it works better at night, but they don't seem to have any sort of special lighting rig, and they're definitely billed for the afternoon.

Okay, I put Jean in the Sahara while Kygo plays the Main, as that seems to make the most sense at this point. I personally see no reason to move either Jamiroquai or St. Vincent.

I know we're mostly focusing on the big acts right now, but absolutely no way Belly conflicts with The Weeknd. They have songs together, he's Abel's artist or writer or something.