Page 1 of 21 123456 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 626

Thread: Set Time Predictions 2018: SATURDAY

  1. #1
    old school mikey1313's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    SF <-> LA
    Posts
    3,741

    Default Set Time Predictions 2018: SATURDAY

    FINAL PREDICTIONS

    Clashfinder:
    https://clashfinder.com/s/coachella2...tionssaturday/

    CONFIRMATIONS:
    1. blackbear in the evening - https://twitter.com/iamblackbear/sta...89676292833280
    2. Tyler, the Creator is playing before Beyoncé - https://www.coachella.com/forum/show...=1#post3158112
    3. Priests in the Sonora at 5:30ish - https://www.coachella.com/forum/show...=1#post3165792

    [ ] = Confirmed for that Stage
    * * = Confirmed for that Time (not exact)
    *[ ]* = Confirmed for that Stage and Time

    (FINAL update v3: 4/8/18)
    Last edited by mikey1313; 04-09-2018 at 05:32 PM.
    My old account "Mikey1313666" is down for whatever reason.

  2. #2
    old school mikey1313's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    SF <-> LA
    Posts
    3,741

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions 2018: SATURDAY

    Saturday first draft is finished.
    My old account "Mikey1313666" is down for whatever reason.

  3. #3
    Member eagleskyline's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    633

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions 2018: SATURDAY

    Bedouin > Mild High Club > Cherry Glazerr > Oh Sees or Busy P > Big Thief > Yaeji > David Byrne > Chic feat Nile Rodgers > The Black Madonna/Fleet Foxes > Tash Sultana > Beyonce

    Pretty epic day there.

  4. #4
    old school santasutt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Mass
    Posts
    3,760

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions 2018: SATURDAY

    David Byrne won't be on the Main.

    Trade with alt J.
    Quote Originally Posted by MotorAve View Post
    Careful, while the threats are amusingly clueless, I could probably have this whole board shut down with one phone call.
    Quote Originally Posted by WhyTheLongFace View Post
    2. Migos- The new Beatles.

  5. #5
    old school mikey1313's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    SF <-> LA
    Posts
    3,741

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions 2018: SATURDAY

    Quote Originally Posted by santasutt View Post
    David Byrne won't be on the Main.

    Trade with alt J.
    I changed it, but I'm not totally sure I agree. That run of Chic -> Fleet Foxes -> David Byrne would be insane, and the first time I ever stay at one stage that long.
    My old account "Mikey1313666" is down for whatever reason.

  6. #6
    Member arya.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,033

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions 2018: SATURDAY

    Dream outdoor would be: Alvvays - First Aid Kit - Angel Olsen - Fleet Foxes - David Byrne
    anything could happen

  7. #7

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions 2018: SATURDAY

    Borns was at sunset in the Mojave two years ago. I think he’s bumped over to that brockhampton or mø spot. Daytime on an outdoor stage, especially if his new album does well.

  8. #8
    old school travelfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,974

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions 2018: SATURDAY

    Chromeo vs Beyonce feels sort of off to me.

  9. #9
    old school mikey1313's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    SF <-> LA
    Posts
    3,741

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions 2018: SATURDAY

    Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    Chromeo vs Beyonce feels sort of off to me.
    I'm really not sure where to put Chromeo this time around, but closing the Sahara against Beyonce doesn't seem too weird to me at all.

    Where do you see Chromeo being placed this year?
    My old account "Mikey1313666" is down for whatever reason.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions 2018: SATURDAY

    Soulwax are not gonna close the Gobi tho, way to small. I'm also sure that Greta Van Fleet will end up on the Outdoor or something in the afternoon.

  11. #11
    old school mikey1313's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    SF <-> LA
    Posts
    3,741

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions 2018: SATURDAY

    Quote Originally Posted by arcuse View Post
    Soulwax are not gonna close the Gobi tho, way to small.
    Not if Soulwax is against Beyonce.
    My old account "Mikey1313666" is down for whatever reason.

  12. #12

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions 2018: SATURDAY

    Man, I wish they'd take a few of these acts and move them to Sunday. This day is madness.

  13. #13
    Member IlliniQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Santa Clarita, CA
    Posts
    1,018

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions 2018: SATURDAY

    Isn't Bedouin the Syrian-American Singer Songwriter - If so not sure Yuma is where she will be placed.
    Radiohead - The Xx - Father John Misty - Bonobo - DJ Shadow - Guided By Voices - Preservation Hall Jazz Band - King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard - The Interrupters - Klangstof

    Beyonce - Bon Iver - Nicholas Jarr - Tycho - Four Tet - The Avalanches - Banks & Steelz - Car Seat Headrest - Mitski - Floating Points

    Kendrick Lamar - New Order - Future Islands - Hans Zimmer - Toots & The Maytals - Devendra Banhart - Lee Fields & The Expresions - Whitney - Preoccupations - Hinds - Ezra Furman - Pond

  14. #14

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions 2018: SATURDAY

    Quote Originally Posted by arcuse View Post
    Soulwax are not gonna close the Gobi tho, way to small. I'm also sure that Greta Van Fleet will end up on the Outdoor or something in the afternoon.
    Hasnt Gobi and Mohave long been the same size? I think one of those is perfect for them against a headliner

  15. #15
    Member eagleskyline's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    633

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions 2018: SATURDAY

    Quote Originally Posted by IlliniQ View Post
    Isn't Bedouin the Syrian-American Singer Songwriter - If so not sure Yuma is where she will be placed.
    No, it's a deep house/techno duo.

    Thoughts on the mock: is KITTENS the female EDM producer? If so, she'd go in Sahara. I can also see AC Slater going in Sahara, he's gone in a much more EDM direction compared to when he played last time. Because of that, I could see Busy P in the Yuma instead.

  16. #16

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions 2018: SATURDAY

    Two third-liners against Beyonce seems unlikely to me. The way they had it scheduled last year it was Classixx (middle of 5th line) and SURVIVE (middle of 6th line); pretty obviously cleared out to feature her, if we assume at least some of these set times were negotiated before she dropped out. And now we have both Chromeo and Angel Olsen against her? Don't see it.

  17. #17

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions 2018: SATURDAY

    It's insane how appealing this day is to me while Friday and especially Sunday is so bare. Brockhampton can be in a tent like RTJ was in 2015 right? I know they're getting big but still pretty damn new and don't need an Outdoor stage. I think Borns on an outdoor stage in the late afternoon is a lock. I don't think they'd book him again so soon with a billing jump just to throw him in a tent at the exact same time as two years ago. Also, he has a perfect late afternoon type of sound. He doesn't need darkness.

    Also, Kittens isn't a band, she's a dj on A-Traks label, she is without a doubt opening the Sahara. I think Ekali is early evening Gobi or Sahara but Idk how to arrange everything else around it lol.
    Last edited by JRam25; 01-03-2018 at 10:56 AM.
    '11 '12 '13 '14 '15 '16 '17

  18. #18
    Coachella Junkie WhyTheLongFace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    San Gabriel
    Posts
    12,132

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions 2018: SATURDAY

    Brockhampton is Sahara, Outdoor or Main
    "HIGH END RAP MUSIC! GHETTO STADIUM SHIT! THEY AIN'T WANT US AT THE FESTIVALS
    NOW WE WILL RUN THEM!"
    -Some Guy

  19. #19

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions 2018: SATURDAY

    Yeah I'd say Sahara if anything. I mean I don't know much about how big their popularity, but I do know that they're on the fourth line and have a pretty modest amount of followers on social media. Clashfinder has blackbear in the gobi and he's got 4x as many social media followers and is billed higher.
    '11 '12 '13 '14 '15 '16 '17

  20. #20
    Member gibsonguy20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    433

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions 2018: SATURDAY

    BROCKHAMPTON is Sahara for sure

  21. #21
    Member electrocute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    SF
    Posts
    1,054

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions 2018: SATURDAY

    Quote Originally Posted by mikey1313 View Post
    I'm really not sure where to put Chromeo this time around, but closing the Sahara against Beyonce doesn't seem too weird to me at all.

    Where do you see Chromeo being placed this year?
    They played 8pm on Main in 2014, and I think their popularity has held or increased slightly. However the outdoor stages are way bigger now. I could see them on Outdoor after dark... they would go really well back to back with Chic. I wouldn't be too shocked if either of them end up in Mojave though. But I don't think either will conflict with Beyonce.
    Quote Originally Posted by svatomictwist View Post
    I spin in both directions, and I also dance in FRACTIONS.
    2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011!!!, 2012 (w1), 2013 (w2), 2014! (w2), 2015!! (w2), 2016 (w2), 2017 (w2), 2018 (w2)...

  22. #22
    old school mikey1313's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    SF <-> LA
    Posts
    3,741

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions 2018: SATURDAY

    Quote Originally Posted by JRam25 View Post
    Yeah I'd say Sahara if anything. I mean I don't know much about how big their popularity, but I do know that they're on the fourth line and have a pretty modest amount of followers on social media. Clashfinder has blackbear in the gobi and he's got 4x as many social media followers and is billed higher.
    Not going to lie, blackbear was an act I accidentally missed the first round, so I had to find some place to throw him last minute, and the Gobi seemed to be the only place that worked at the time. Where do we think blackbear should go then? I had never heard of him before yesterday.
    My old account "Mikey1313666" is down for whatever reason.

  23. #23
    old school mikey1313's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    SF <-> LA
    Posts
    3,741

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions 2018: SATURDAY

    Quote Originally Posted by electrocute View Post
    They played 8pm on Main in 2014, and I think their popularity has held or increased slightly. However the outdoor stages are way bigger now. I could see them on Outdoor after dark... they would go really well back to back with Chic. I wouldn't be too shocked if either of them end up in Mojave though. But I don't think either will conflict with Beyonce.
    I disagree that they are as popular as they were in 2014. For one, they're listed one slot/one line lower. I also saw them in 2017 at Clusterfest in SF, and while their crowd wasn't small, it definitely wasn't huge enough to warrant a Main Stage Coachella slot in 2018.

    Who are we thinking will be up against Beyonce this year?
    My old account "Mikey1313666" is down for whatever reason.

  24. #24
    old school travelfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,974

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions 2018: SATURDAY

    Quote Originally Posted by mikey1313 View Post
    I disagree that they are as popular as they were in 2014. For one, they're listed one slot/one line lower. I also saw them in 2017 at Clusterfest in SF, and while their crowd wasn't small, it definitely wasn't huge enough to warrant a Main Stage Coachella slot in 2018.

    Who are we thinking will be up against Beyonce this year?
    Not much...Gaga is the best comp here, as they very well may have blocked that schedule out when it was still Yonce. They shut down outdoor, shut down Sahara, and had very low level acts in the two tents.

  25. #25
    old school mikey1313's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    SF <-> LA
    Posts
    3,741

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions 2018: SATURDAY

    Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    Not much...Gaga is the best comp here, as they very well may have blocked that schedule out when it was still Yonce. They shut down outdoor, shut down Sahara, and had very low level acts in the two tents.
    Yeah, makes sense. I just don't know where to put Chromeo...
    My old account "Mikey1313666" is down for whatever reason.

  26. #26
    old school travelfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,974

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions 2018: SATURDAY

    Quote Originally Posted by mikey1313 View Post
    Yeah, makes sense. I just don't know where to put Chromeo...
    I feel like nighttime Mojave is right, but not against Beyonce. I feel their star has faded enough to play a tent, potentially, and it's the one thing they haven't done at the fest. They won't be on the main again, and they did outdoor night in 2011.

  27. #27
    Coachella Junkie WhyTheLongFace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    San Gabriel
    Posts
    12,132

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions 2018: SATURDAY

    Yeah their HARD crowd a few years back wasn’t huge. I def think they are less popular. I could see them ending 15 mins after Beyonce starts if need be
    "HIGH END RAP MUSIC! GHETTO STADIUM SHIT! THEY AIN'T WANT US AT THE FESTIVALS
    NOW WE WILL RUN THEM!"
    -Some Guy

  28. #28
    Coachella Junkie WhyTheLongFace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    San Gabriel
    Posts
    12,132

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions 2018: SATURDAY

    How does Louis the Child -> Post Malone in the Sahara before Beyonce starts against David Byrne -> Chromeo on the outdoor sound? I know the billing is off but I think it could work
    "HIGH END RAP MUSIC! GHETTO STADIUM SHIT! THEY AIN'T WANT US AT THE FESTIVALS
    NOW WE WILL RUN THEM!"
    -Some Guy

  29. #29
    old school mikey1313's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    SF <-> LA
    Posts
    3,741

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions 2018: SATURDAY

    Quote Originally Posted by WhyTheLongFace View Post
    How does Louis the Child -> Post Malone in the Sahara before Beyonce starts against David Byrne -> Chromeo on the outdoor sound? I know the billing is off but I think it could work
    What would we do with Chic then? In my eyes, Fleet Foxes are pretty much a lock for the Outdoor.
    My old account "Mikey1313666" is down for whatever reason.

  30. #30
    Member omerta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Seoul, Korea
    Posts
    301

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions 2018: SATURDAY

    I’m pretty sure Yaeji won’t play Yuma. She’ll be on either Mojave or Gobi I think.

Similar Threads

  1. Set Time Predictions 2018: FRIDAY
    By mikey1313 in forum Misc. Babble
    Replies: 954
    Last Post: 04-11-2018, 12:02 PM
  2. 2013 - Saturday Set Time Predictions
    By autopsy turvey in forum Misc. Babble
    Replies: 871
    Last Post: 04-10-2013, 10:27 AM
  3. Set Time Predictions - SATURDAY
    By clumsy342 in forum Misc. Babble
    Replies: 682
    Last Post: 04-10-2012, 10:03 PM
  4. Set Time Predictions- SATURDAY
    By clumsy342 in forum Misc. Babble
    Replies: 987
    Last Post: 04-12-2010, 09:24 PM
  5. Saturday slot time predictions
    By im so indie in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 02-22-2007, 05:05 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •