Thread: Odesza - If you still have an doubt about this pair.

Default Odesza - If you still have an doubt about this pair.

If you still have any doubt that these guys are not consummate professionals at what they do, then watch this performance at KEXP Seattle. Absolutely phenomenal. I can't wait for them to have a prime spot where they deserve to be.

I'm calling it now, I doubt they are anything but 2nd line, closer to the left than right (3rd or 4th name in). Sunday night Porter / Madeon slot at sunset is what Im guessing they take.

Default Re: Odesza - If you still have an doubt about this pair.

They feel like a solid choice for the sunday sunset DJ mainstage set
    anything could happen

My girlfriend and I saw their tour, and while I want them to have that Porteon slot as well I think it should be a slight bit back so the majority of the set is during night time. It is the type of show that really excels in darkness. The lights are spectacular and you often feel like you're floating in space. It's singular.

All that aside, I will just be happy if they are there. To see this tour set on an outdoor stage and night would just be incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDopeSnake View Post
    My girlfriend and I saw their tour, and while I want them to have that Porteon slot as well I think it should be a slight bit back so the majority of the set is during night time. It is the type of show that really excels in darkness. The lights are spectacular and you often feel like you're floating in space. It's singular.

All that aside, I will just be happy if they are there. To see this tour set on an outdoor stage and night would just be incredible.
    Porteon started unusually early; the Sunday mainstage EDM acts have otherwise always started at 7:30ish, which is perfect to have the set almost entirely at night. Catching the tail end of sunset will be lovely as well.

am i the only one tired of edm sunday sunset slots on the main? kaskade and porteon were meh at that time. something about it being still bright outside takes away from the experience. i know at this stage in their career, performing in the gobi is probably not an option anymore and fuck the sahara tent, but i'd much rather see odesza close out the outdoor than play a half-disinterested crowd while the sun is still out. the main at that time is just bleh - half the people are either talking, trying to meet up friends, or trying to figure out what's for dinner.

Quote Originally Posted by genemarty View Post
    am i the only one tired of edm sunday sunset slots on the main? kaskade and porteon were meh at that time. something about it being still bright outside takes away from the experience. i know at this stage in their career, performing in the gobi is probably not an option anymore and fuck the sahara tent, but i'd much rather see odesza close out the outdoor than play a half-disinterested crowd while the sun is still out. the main at that time is just bleh - half the people are either talking, trying to meet up friends, or trying to figure out what's for dinner.
    I think ODESZA will actually end up on the Outdoor in 2018, like Flume in 2016. My guess is Sunday has a double headliner, so that way the Chainsmokers can still "sub", but would also take that Main Sunset EDM slot. ODESZA's current live set would fare much better on the Outdoor than the Main, I think.

Christ.......here we go with set times already...
    My old account "Mikey1313666" is down for whatever reason.

Quote Originally Posted by mikey1313 View Post
    I think ODESZA will actually end up on the Outdoor in 2018, like Flume in 2016. My guess is Sunday has a double headliner, so that way the Chainsmokers can still "sub", but would also take that Main Sunset EDM slot. ODESZA's current live set would fare much better on the Outdoor than the Main, I think.

Last year was our first year. (Well my first, her second) But, isn't that the Mojave that is right near the Outdoor? I remember sitting pretty far back during Tycho while we ate our tacos and I could hear some sound bleed from that tent. Can't remember who was playing. Kehlani or Mura Masa I think.

Is there still sound bleed when you're closer to the Outdoor stage?

Quote Originally Posted by TheDopeSnake View Post
    Last year was our first year. (Well my first, her second) But, isn't that the Mojave that is right near the Outdoor? I remember sitting pretty far back during Tycho while we ate our tacos and I could hear some sound bleed from that tent. Can't remember who was playing. Kehlani or Mura Masa I think.

Is there still sound bleed when you're closer to the Outdoor stage?
    No. They have put the outdoor so far deep and with well placed speakers you shouldn't be drowned out from the noise bleed of the other tents or stages. Unless its a quiet artist playing against some massive EDM or Hip Hop artist, then you will feel the bass.
    10' - 11' - 12' W2 - 13' W1 - 14' W1 - 15' W1 - 16' W1 - 17' W1

You're not on the lineup no one wants to see u dj. Stop. Especially if you're going to play Calvin Harris u fuckin knob... - Reeber

RESPECT THE FORMULA - Guedita

Quote Originally Posted by mikey1313 View Post

Please tell me you'll be leading the set times mock charge again. Tracking all the updates and confirmations was almost more fun seeing the lineup for the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by M0D3Z View Post
    No. They have put the outdoor so far deep and with well placed speakers you shouldn't be drowned out from the noise bleed of the other tents or stages. Unless its a quiet artist playing against some massive EDM or Hip Hop artist, then you will feel the bass.
    Ah okay, thank you. We were a bit deeper in for DJ Snake and I couldn't hear anything except for that so I was hoping that was the norm and not the exception.

Quote Originally Posted by eagleskyline View Post
    Please tell me you'll be leading the set times mock charge again. Tracking all the updates and confirmations was almost more fun seeing the lineup for the first time.
    Well, I did say I would give up if I was wrong about that Hans prediction (which I totally was). That said, I think I also lost another bet that said if I lost I would do the prediction threads again. So fuck it, I'll do em.
    My old account "Mikey1313666" is down for whatever reason.