Thread: Want to Bring a Portable Shower

Default Want to Bring a Portable Shower

Hey everyone! My friend and I are going to be going to Coachella 2018 and I was planning on bringing a portable shower with us. We went to some festivals last summer and I just kept getting really sweaty and smelly so since we are going to be driving together and are planning on camping in the Companion Parking area I thought that getting one of those small portable showers (like a shower in a bag) would be a good idea. Before heading down to my local hard ware store and just getting the basic camping shower that they have I wanted to see if anyone else has done something similar? This will also be our first time at Coachella so if there are better options for showering that would be accessible I would be very grateful to hear about them

I had a chat with my friend about it and he thinks that getting sweaty and dirty will be part of the experience; obviously he is not going to share the cost of the shower with me which is fine it just means the budget is a little smaller. Trying to make the most of my budget I went looking online and found some good camping showers for sale on http://www.for-sale.co.uk/camping-shower and the one I ended up getting was pretty similar to the pressure shower that was linked by scenicworld. I am meeting with the seller tomorrow to pick it up and give it a short test to see if it holds water well still, but I am feeling really positive about it. Thanks for the advice everyone!
    Last edited by BlackBeatles; 11-25-2017 at 11:53 AM.

Default Re: Want to Bring a Portable Shower

Lots of people do this. They also have a lot of showers available on site as well.
    10' - 11' - 12' W2 - 13' W1 - 14' W1 - 15' W1 - 16' W1 - 17' W1

You're not on the lineup no one wants to see u dj. Stop. Especially if you're going to play Calvin Harris u fuckin knob... - Reeber

RESPECT THE FORMULA - Guedita

My friend Paul did that I believe. Do it!
    I miss talking to TomAz.

We all do. I live in the same city as him (unless he relocated) and rumor has it that at 3:15am if you listen closely and its really really quiet you can hear him telling you to go fuck yourself.

this is the camp shower you are looking for. so much better than the bags, and it even has enough pressure to wash hair! fill it before bed and leave it in the sun, and you'll have a hot shower around 10 or 11.

https://www.amazon.com/Nemo-Equipmen.../dp/B00ARHKLWS
    setlist.fm | last.fm | facebook | twitter
    2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011
    2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018
    5/24 Phantogram/TYCHO/Poolside @ Cal Coast 5/25 Fever Ray @ Hollywood Palladium Janelle Monae @ Cal Coast Open Air Theater
    6/22 Belle & Sebastian/Japanese Breakfast @ Observatory 7/30 Decemberists @ Humphrey's by the Bay
    10/5-6 Caj Jam 18 10/12-14 Austin City Limits

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBeatles View Post
    Hey everyone! My friend and I are going to be going to Coachella 2018 and I was planning on bringing a portable shower with us. We went to some festivals last summer and I just kept getting really sweaty and smelly so since we are going to be driving together and are planning on camping in the Companion Parking area I thought that getting one of those small portable showers (like a shower in a bag) would be a good idea.
    If you plan on camping in the Companion Parking Lot all weekend you're going to have a bad time. Start looking for a proper place to stay. Otherwise you'll have to do it the weekend of the festival when security kicks you out of that lot. It will be much more expensive in April.

Quote Originally Posted by scenicworld View Post
    this is the camp shower you are looking for. so much better than the bags, and it even has enough pressure to wash hair! fill it before bed and leave it in the sun, and you'll have a hot shower around 10 or 11.

https://www.amazon.com/Nemo-Equipmen.../dp/B00ARHKLWS
    That looks amazing! A tad expensive from what I saw in the shops but I might be able to convince my friend to chip in some money for it!

Quote Originally Posted by bobert View Post
    If you plan on camping in the Companion Parking Lot all weekend you're going to have a bad time. Start looking for a proper place to stay. Otherwise you'll have to do it the weekend of the festival when security kicks you out of that lot. It will be much more expensive in April.
    Thanks for the tip, we will start looking for somewhere else that will be within out budget. Better to plan ahead!

they are useful but will be popular. May want a lock on it for skanks trying get in. Unless you want to invite that sort of thing.

Win win
    Coachella 2002-2019