Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Secret Santa 2017 -- curated

Default Secret Santa 2017 -- curated

Command decision: I'm delaying this a week for others who might want to join. BLACK FRIDAY (this coming Friday Nov 24th). Have your posts and and emails in by then!

Hey hey hey...it's Secret Santa time!

This year we are going to something a bit different: I am not drawing names out of a hat. I am going to match you with someone I think you know and like, a sort of curated Secret Santa. Yes, cap'n did this some years back, and I am stealing it because it's a terrific idea. Cap'n, you are welcome to join. I don't care if you're someone who doesn't like me or vice versa. This is CHRISTMAS, y'all. Open to any and all boardies.

A few reminders....

If anyone wants to join whom we don't know well, you will need to have another longtime boardie vouch for you.... I am not going to send you a person's address without knowing that you're not a complete psycho.

Email me at jandab99@gmail.com with your board name, your first and last real name and address, and answer these questions below and post them to this thread. The title of your email should be 2017 Secret Santa. We need to have ALL THE NAMES by Thursday, Nov 16 pm PST 6pm. Once all names have been received via email I will reply with the board name, real name, and address of who your recipient will be.

Anyone whose address has remained the same for the past 2 or 3 years (or more) and you were in my secret santa -- I may still have your address on file. just give me your email address so I can search for you in my email mailbox.

ALL GIFTS NEED TO BE MAILED OUT ON OR BEFORE DECEMBER 7th. Don't be the asshat who mails the gift late. That's just rude.

Please make sure to pay attention to where you are sending these gifts as some participants live in colder climates and liquids are subject to freezing! Wrap contents in a leak proof bag!
    We'll set the price limit between $25 and $50 this year. Don't be stingy.

As an aside:
    You may wrap your gift (if allowed by law) and box it up. You may add a card. If you want your recipient to know who you are, please include a note saying who you are--with board name and real name. Last year at my work our secret santa was weird in that we did not have to EVER reveal who we are. That kind of pissed me off because my giver did not reveal himself. Do what you want, but remember I know who everyone is, so...I might reveal who you are anyway!

Here are this year's questions for you to answer so your Santa can get to know your tastes a bit better. PLEASE COPY AND PASTE THESE QUESTIONS, AND ADD YOUR ANSWER AS A RESPONSE TO THIS POST!!!

1) What is your favorite color or combination of colors for a T-shirt or clothes item?

2) Favorite animal? (If you want a trinket or salt and pepper shakers or tights or whatever)

3) Favorite bands from whom you would like merchandise? (do you like shirts, mugs, posters for these bands?)

4) T shirt size?

5) Sports team?

6) Do you have any hobbies?

7) Shoe size?

8) Do you like hats? What kind/color?

9) Do you have any pets that you want to pamper or dress up? (tee hee) Please give the pets' size and/or weight and height. I sent Marlo a dog shirt one year that was way too small.

10) Favorite alcohol? Be careful with your shipping as I think this may be illegal to ship.

11) Favorite restaurant?

12) Favorite candy or snack item?

13) Is there any special item you're looking for? If you can, try not to be too specific so your Santa can be more creative.

(14) PLEASE LET ME KNOW if you are willing to ship to a recipient out of the country. Shipping may be extra expensive for those people and I don't want anyone stuck with someone who is just too expensive for them. If you would rather not have an out of country recipient, let me know that too.)

Ok people, let's be creative and have fun!

Post your answers here in this thread!
    Last edited by amyzzz; 11-18-2017 at 04:20 PM.
    I miss talking to TomAz.

We all do. I live in the same city as him (unless he relocated) and rumor has it that at 3:15am if you listen closely and its really really quiet you can hear him telling you to go fuck yourself.

Default Re: Secret Santa 2017 -- curated

1) What is your favorite color or combination of colors for a T-shirt or clothes item?

Blue/grey/black shirts (not combined)

2) Favorite animal? (If you want a trinket or salt and pepper shakers or tights or whatever)

Sloth

3) Favorite bands from whom you would like merchandise? (do you like shirts, mugs, posters for these bands?)

I could maybe use a Pink Floyd shirt, don't have one. Always an RATM fan; If you were to find the shirt that has a guy on the front with the "e" as his head (it's stencil style I believe, think Banksy), and it says "We have determined that your whole system sucks", I'd be pretty pumped to have that.

4) T shirt size?

Medium

5) Sports team?

Oakland Athletics

I cycle. Cycling, or just socks with bikes are always cool.

7) Shoe size?

8-8.5 depending on shoe. European size is 40-41, again, depending. My Ecco's are 41, my cycling shoes I believe are 40. I'll confirm.

Typical baseball style. Open on color of its something cool.

9) Do you have any pets that you want to pamper or dress up? (tee hee) Please give the pets' size and/or weight and height. I sent Marlo a dog shirt one year that was way too small.

My doge is huge, 75lbs. I'll get more details. Typically hard to find her anything. I never elaborated on this because it's just difficult to find things her size, they're always small.

10) Favorite alcohol? Be careful with your shipping as I think this may be illegal to ship.

It is illegal, but half the shit we do is also illegal. Ha! Anyway...whiskey!! And beer. Local to you that I can't get would be great.

11) Favorite restaurant?

In-N-Out

Kit Kat, Reese's peanut butter cups.

13) Is there any special item you're looking for? If you can, try not to be too specific so your Santa can be more creative.

I really enjoy socks. I have not worn white or plain socks in over 20yrs. Feel free to get creative. Contrary to the suggestion in this question, there are trump sucks out there with his hair being sown in. I'd love to step on him daily.

(14) PLEASE LET ME KNOW if you are willing to ship to a recipient out of the country. Shipping may be extra expensive for those people and I don't want anyone stuck with someone who is just too expensive for them. If you would rather not have an out of country recipient, let me know that too.)

I'd be interested. Might want to work something out local for them, though. But that takes the secret out.

I'm in.
    Last edited by Maruco; 12-04-2017 at 08:44 PM.

Black

Cats?

Metal bands. I'm super into Morbid Angel, Horrendous, Death, Entombed and death metal in general.

4) T shirt size?

XL/XXL

5) Sports team?

Dodgers

Skiing and collecting records

7) Shoe size?

Just bought a pair

Yes. I'm a 7 3/8 and like good hats that good people would wear.

Nope. My cats don't like gifts.

Beer. Good beer.

11) Favorite restaurant?

Don't send me a gift certificate to my favorite restaurant. I've worked there for years and get my meals and beers for free.

Whatchamacallits

I'm a record nerd. Look at my discogs and find me a record I don't have. I guarantee I will listen to whatever you send me.

https://www.discogs.com/user/bmack86/collection

Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

That's a good start. I will put my stuff up myself when I think of something.
    I miss talking to TomAz.

We all do. I live in the same city as him (unless he relocated) and rumor has it that at 3:15am if you listen closely and its really really quiet you can hear him telling you to go fuck yourself.

Dude, Morbid Angel. Awesome.

I might draw someone out of a hat to be mine, and for me to send to. just to be fair.
    I miss talking to TomAz.

Here are this year's questions for you to answer so your Santa can get to know your tastes a bit better. PLEASE COPY AND PASTE THESE QUESTIONS, AND ADD YOUR ANSWER AS A RESPONSE TO THIS POST!!!

1) What is your favorite color or combination of colors for a T-shirt or clothes item? rainbow colors, neon colors (fluorescent yellow, green, pink, blue, ORANGE.), navy and periwinkle blue, silver, gold, rose-gold.

elephants, pigs. go nuts.

dungen, tame impala, portishead, radiohead, catherine wheel, trashcan sinatras, morrissey, deoeche mode, elastica, new one for me THE VERVE, the Cardigans, Bjork, Perfume Genius, Grizzly Bear

4) T shirt size?

if it's men's size S, women's size M or L

5) Sports team?

no sports team. But if you must, Scottsdale Community College avocadoes.

Singing, writing, reading, stationery, tv, movies (CLASSIC MOVIES - Hitchcock, Kubrick, David Lynch). I do no have any copies of any David Lynch movies and I have a bluray player, so any Lynch movie would be good, esp Lost Highway. Any nonfiction books about the music business would be cool. Go crazy with this category.

7) Shoe size? 6.5M

8) Do you like hats? What kind/color? those knitted up beanies. a band beanie would be cool.

I have a 16 pound "medium" size female shih tzu who looks like a pretty princess. anything princessy would be cute. I have a male pug/chihuahua who is so sweet and overpleasing. he licks me and licks me because he is so grateful that I rescued him from the pound. he is a fat boy. I did not know that pugs tend to overeat. oops. between 16 and 20 pounds size medium. Or about fat size small.

hey hey hey Beth turned me onto sours. I'd like a good sour beer.

11) Favorite restaurant?

hmm Starbucks? lol. There is a local record store called Stinkweed's, you want to send a gift card, that'd be the best place. or Crescent Ballroom. Valley Bar. Film Bar.

reese's peanut butter cups, starburst. bonus if you can find lime or lemon-lime flavored starburst anywhere. Lime starburst is like the holy grail to me. Other lime flavoured candies are also welcome.

I want vinyl. any vinyl. turn me onto something you like. give me something rare-ish that I like.

Also. I like antiques. If you are able to ship am antique apron or antique linens, I am really getting into antique clothing and linens, like old tablecloths or bedspreads, crocheted or quilted. I mean seriously vintage old stuff. Only if you are up to the task. CREATOR LEGOS. I seriously want to get into making my own LEGO creations. Wal-Mart has these.

I am willing to ship out of the country
    Last edited by amyzzz; 11-12-2017 at 10:18 AM. Reason: Edited.
    I miss talking to TomAz.

Boourns just wants to get wasted. <3

I'll check back soon with my responses.

Ooooooh chacid!
    I miss talking to TomAz.

Hey let's get going, people. I've only received an email from bmack. I guess I can find gunz's address. No one else wants in?

marooko were you in a couple years ago 2015 secret santa?
    I miss talking to TomAz.

Well don't go spouting the couple people involved, it'll be easy to tell who's getting who. Lol.

I forgot to email, I will in just a little.

Sent. Kind of. Please reply. KTB.
    Last edited by Maruco; 11-08-2017 at 01:55 PM.

Got, it maroo.

Hey, we need some more people to join. We've got one more week to get everybody in. This is a lot of fun, guys, to whomever has not done this before.
    I miss talking to TomAz.

It has come to my attention that there are some boardies that do not have access to the board (for whatever reason) that may want to join this secret santa campaign. Can you please let other boardies know about this? Thank you, people. Let's make this the best secret santa yet!
    I miss talking to TomAz.

1) What is your favorite color or combination of colors for a T-shirt or clothes item? Orange, Purple, Black

2) Favorite animal? (If you want a trinket or salt and pepper shakers or tights or whatever) Crows

3) Favorite bands from whom you would like merchandise? (do you like shirts, mugs, posters for these bands?) LCD Soundsystem, Courtney Barnett, Jamiroquai (any band related stuff would be cool)

4) T shirt size?Men's small, Women's large

5) Sports team? Women's National Soccer Team

6) Do you have any hobbies? photography, cooking, hiking

7) Shoe size? "Act your age girl, not your shoe size" 8

8) Do you like hats? What kind/color? I love hats and I have a big head.

9) Do you have any pets that you want to pamper or dress up? Maggie, a 4 yr old, female golden retriever, she's a little chubby, but she's still petite for a retriever.

10) Favorite alcohol? been working on the sober thing for the past year

11) Favorite restaurant? I am not ashamed...Mcdonald's

12) Favorite candy or snack item? all the Willy Wonka candies (Nerds, Skittles, Runts)

13) Is there any special item you're looking for? I love unique, kitschy kitchen/household items.

Deadline to join is Nov 16!
    Last edited by amyzzz; 11-16-2017 at 05:15 AM.
    I miss talking to TomAz.

OK today's the last day! I probably will not email you your person tonight: probably more like tomorrow. I'm going to see Morrissey then Liam Gallagher tonight. Too much partying with the brits.

PLEASE PUT YOUR QUESTIONS IN AND EMAIL ME jandab99@gmail.com. THANK YOU. <3
    I miss talking to TomAz.

Ok, seems like there are only 5 of us (someone else emailed me and didn't post here). Should I extend the deadline? Either this board is dead, or no one trusts me with addresses or something.
    I miss talking to TomAz.

Why not both?

Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Ok, seems like there are only 5 of us (someone else emailed me and didn't post here). Should I extend the deadline? Either this board is dead, or no one trusts me with addresses or something.
    I wonder why?

May 27th - War/Parliament funkadelic - Santa Barbara Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    ICYMI: Today the two board members with the most questionable approach to music held mirrors up to each other; no one learned a thing and nothing will change.
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    Chainsmokers are undeniably better than Jack White at this point.

You're going to make me cry, That's not nice.
    I miss talking to TomAz.

Last year only had a handful I believe. Not even sure everyone posted they received things, I forget. Some I haven't seen post in a while. What I'm leaning towards is dead.

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

I was told I had a part 2 of my gift coming but it never showed but I'm grateful for part 1 anyways. Then the person I sent to never let me know if he went to the show I bought him tickets for.
    Count me out
    #refugee

That dead man winter show was good. I probably would have enjoyed it more if I didn't have a major headache that night but I still listen to them/him on a semi regular basis so thanks for that. Sorry for the
    more then delayed response to the show but I, like so many others, just don't really come around here that often anymore. These past couple days I've been sick have been the most time I've spent on here in awhile and this is still the first time I've been motivated to post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    You're going to make me cry, That's not nice.
    Good, you need a cry and the realization that nobody likes you at all, and doesnt want to get you knocking on their door with a knife in hand.

Amy, I'll send you a gift.

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    Amy, I'll send you a gift.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Quote Originally Posted by superfan View Post
    Good, you need a cry and the realization that nobody likes you at all, and doesnt want to get you knocking on their door with a knife in hand.
    oh my god supre. This is what I am talking about. You're so rude and distrustful. I would like you if you weren't this way. I like the part of you that collects stuff and likes going to concerts in an extreme fan way, but this is just uncalled for.
    I miss talking to TomAz.

Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    I love you gps!
    I miss talking to TomAz.

I'm delaying this a week in case anyone else wants to join. Thanks guys. And thank you gunz. That was sweet of you to say.

See original post.
    Last edited by amyzzz; 11-18-2017 at 05:03 PM.
    I miss talking to TomAz.

Suprefat, don't project.