Thread: Has anyone here been to all Coachellas?

Default Has anyone here been to all Coachellas?

Has anyone here been to all Coachellas since 1999? or know someone who has? I'm fascinated/interested.

I have been to all. Seeking others to relate to, share memories.. sort of like a HS reunion...
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

Default Re: Has anyone here been to all Coachellas?

I haven't, but curious to hear from a veteran if it's truly "worse" or just different now.

One of the guys I go with has been to all but the first, that's as close as I can get.

I've been to most of them since 2001, but not all.

Missed the first 2. Was on the polo in 2000
    Coachella 2002-2018

They didn't have one in 2000

Duh. Coachella skipped that year and i partied on the polo field for the first time at Insomniacs Nocturnal Wonderland that year. Never said Coachella happened that year.
    Coachella 2002-2018

I've only missed 01 and 02. In 99 I was selling mixtapes and didn't see any acts, but was impressed with how well it appeared to be run.
    '03 was my first year as a civilian and caught that legendary Fischerspooner closing set.
    I was also at Nocturnal on the Polo in 2000... kinda wild to think it was there once.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambassador of Coachella View Post
    Duh. Coachella skipped that year and i partied on the polo field for the first time at Insomniacs Nocturnal Wonderland that year. Never said Coachella happened that year.
    thank you for pointing out something completely off-topic. you are the quintessential ambassador.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambassador of Coachella View Post
    Ohhhhhh okay. Was totally confused there for a second

paging crombrenner
    Quote Originally Posted by Pee Wee Herman's Hermits View Post
    Melted my face off at Skrillex

I think people that have attended all Coachellas don't even read this forum. Just sayin...
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Quote Originally Posted by nine day brawl View Post
    thank you for pointing out something completely off-topic. you are the quintessential ambassador.
    Its Empire Polo Club history that eventually leads into my first Coachella in 02. Just like 93 Pearl Jam concert. I consider that in-topic. My friend that introduced me to my first Coachella went back in 99 and i just missed 01. Really wanted to go that year because i was really into dance/d&b at the time which is why i was at Nocturnal in September 7 months before. The 2nd Coachella threw me off guard because it moved from October to April. No curfew the night of Nocturnal was crazy. After that night the curfew changed. Think a kid died.
    Coachella 2002-2018

Like a number of the other replies here, close but not quite.

First was 2001. Missed '04 and '05. Been to every other one since.

We missed '14 and we've never done double weekends.

This sounds like Camp magazine fishing?! ❤️

Similar to the others who have posted so far, I come close but don't quite make the cut. I missed the first two since I didn't even know about Coachella in its nascent years. I discovered it by accident in 2002 when I had a conference to attend in San Diego the week that followed and was searching online for what acts were playing in Southern CA during that time. That was back before Coachella received all the mainstream national and international recognition and hype. I saw the lineup and made a point to fly out of Miami a couple days earlier than originally planned to go check it out. I went and had such an awesome time that I've been hooked ever since. Little did I know back then that the fest would blow up to be one of the most preeminent and successful music festivals in North America. I unfortunately also missed this year's fest due to some issues even though I intended to go.
    Coachella '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12 W1, '13 W1&2, '14 W1, '15 W1&2, '16 W1

Yes

I started going in 2004 and have not missed a single year since then. I'm only actually bummed I missed 2003. Lineup looks incredible.

2018 will be my 15th year in attendance, and I just turned 30. So come April I will have literally devoted half of my living existence to this incredible festival.

And I have to take a moment to say, when I saw the 2017 lineup, it was the first time I had ever seriously considered selling my Coachella ticket. I ended up going, and it also ended up being a part of my Top 5 Favorite Coachella years.

People like to really talk A Lot about how Coachella has changed for the worse and sold out and "not the same as back in the day" and all the bros and all the extra tickets sold and ticket price hikes etc..and a good chunk of those people have never even been to Coachella before.

I feel sorry for them all.

Although festival passes get more and more expensive every year, I also see my money reinvested in he festival every year when I step on those polo fields. Coachella Still knows exactly what they are doing. And it runs smoother and smoother every year. I LOVE all the staff with bull horns outside the festival gates each night just there to help and direct lost souls.

This is the first year however I've decided to attended Weekend 2 instead. Looking forward to it.
    Last edited by brando4n82; 01-01-2018 at 09:51 AM.
    Superfan will be in front of the Fonda masturbating furiously to a photo of him taking a photo of a band. Set is from 8:05 to approximately 8:05:15. Guest list only.

Upcoming Shows: Spamalot (7/31), HARD (8/1) 2001 Space Odyssey with LA Phil (8/12), Opeth (10/18), TOOL (10/31), Coachella 2016 (WK1), David Gilmour (Wherever I need to go)

Quote Originally Posted by brando4n82 View Post
    I started going in 2004 and have not missed a single year since then. I'm only actually bummed I missed 2003. Lineup looks incredible.

2018 will be my 15th year in attendance, and I just turned 30. So come April I will have literally devoted half of my living existence to this incredible festival.

And I have to take a moment to say, when I saw the 2017 lineup, it was the first time I had ever seriously considered selling my Coachella ticket. I ended up going, and it also ended up being a part of my Top 5 Favorite Coachella years.

People like to really talk A Lot about how Coachella has changed for the worse and sold out and "not the same as back in the day" and all the bros and all the extra tickets sold and ticket price hikes etc..and a good chunk of those people have never even been to Coachella before.

I feel sorry for them all.

Although festival passes get more and more expensive every year, I also see my money reinvested in he festival every year when I step on those polo fields. Coachella Still knows exactly what they are doing. And it runs smoother and smoother every year. I LOVE all the staff with bull horns outside the festival gates each night just there to help and direct lost souls.

This is the first year however I've decided to attended Weekend 2 instead. Looking forward to it.
    I've noticed this, especially on other festival forums.

I've been to every single one except for 2015 when I was going through my divorce! Attended 2016 and 2017 and had a wonderful time! Gonna try something new and revolutionary for once this year though and attend weekend 2. I've heard that the vibe is much more relaxed and that the artists and production team get to work all the kinks out after weekend one! Very excited for this!!
    Quote Originally Posted by silver06 View Post
    Lol, didn't want to tempt myself to drive over there right now and didnt even look at the damn donut

I've been to every single one PF. Including both weekends since 2012. I met Paul Tollett a couple years back and mentioned it to him. He was stunned. he said, "wow, I think you and I are the only people who can make that claim!" Can I at least get a bumper sticker for my feat? Or maybe a pin I can wear? LOL.

That being said, I would love to chat with anybody else who has been to all of them as well.
    COACHELLA- 99, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12 (wk 1 & 2), 13 (wk 1 &2), 14 (wk 1 & 2), 15(wk 1&2), 16 (wk 1&2)

Lurker

Have been blessed to have attended every Coachella since 1999 my friends and I took a chance and Roadtripped out from Austin,attended both Weeeknds 2012&2013. Its been an interesting journey. Paul Tollett and I met at SXSW last year. My Favorite Years Are 2006, 2007,2008. As for the Artist lineup in recent Years,I've learned to embrace the Artist in the small font when the Lineup is announced.. This year will be Coachella#19 and some of my Festival brethren are bringing their kids,(young adults).Beyond Coachella the Palm Springs area is an amazing vacation destination. What were your favorite Years Coachella Vets?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Lurker

Crombrenner, so good to know we Ol School Coachellans are still attending. You rock!

Lurker

Heading out for to Coachella for the 19th time In April for Weekend 2. We are a special breed of Festival goer we Coachella Vets

I wanted to go in 1999 but did not make it until 2004--dragged my daughter along even though she woke up with a cold, and we ended up driving back home the same day. 112F heat and URIs do not mix. I should have gone alone I guess. We've been to every Coachella since 2005, including both weekends since that became a thing. Years 2006-2010 had some of the best lineups. Every year since then I have to go lower on the poster to find things I want to see, as the lineup caters more and more to the bros and has less of the rare acts that were so appealing previously; this is the first year I've seriously considered selling my passes. Considering my health issues, it may be my last year though, so I will be going if I can make it. This is the first year I have no desire to see any of the headliners, though I might check out Eminem if there is nothing else going on. I am happy to see David Byrne, Portugal. the Man, A Perfect Circle, X-Japan (that was a surprise!), Jamiroquai (finally!) and FIDLAR on the lineup, and am in the process of finding new bands and DJs from the smaller print.

Quote Originally Posted by Boris View Post
    Crombrenner, so good to know we Ol School Coachellans are still attending. You rock!
    Thank you sir. I'm a Coachella lifer. I have embraced the new shift in the lineup over the years in the best way possible I can. Do the research, find the small font acts you enjoy, and embrace the new demographics for what they do to sets that cater to my tastes. Most of the sets I see these days have smaller crowds which makes it super easy to get a great spot. For example, Sigur Ros in '13, Hans Zimmer in week 1 last year (word was out after week 1 so it was much more packed in week 2), and Queens of the Stone Age in '14 were some of the best sets of the weekend and it was no problem getting a great spot. I makes me sad at how many old timers are hanging it up as the years go by. I think sometimes people focus too much on the lineup (which btw is still excellent this year compared to almost every other fest) and don't remember what a great time it is regardless. There's so many facets that make Coachella great and the lineup is just one of them. The production (visual and audio) is always second to none, the craft beer tent is a great place to chill, the Sonora and Yuma tents are always a blast if you have nowhere else to be, and the grounds themselves are so easy to navigate compared to others (I'm looking at you OSL, FYF, and Lolla.)

Coachella is literally a part of who I am as a person. It's on my mind all year long. I have had so many "holy shit moments" throughout the years that I am always reliving the past glory days. My kids are almost old enough for me to start taking them, and I can't wait to show them what they've had to hear me talk about their whole lives. I've even gone as far as telling my son that when I'm gone from this planet, I want him to take a bit of my ashes each year and put them in his pocket, and then sprinkle them somewhere inside so I can continue my streak even after I'm gone!

In 2050, I'll be the old fart in the automated wheelchair cruising around the polo fields with the bumper stick that says "Been going since 1999 you little whippersnappers, get out of my way!"
    COACHELLA- 99, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12 (wk 1 & 2), 13 (wk 1 &2), 14 (wk 1 & 2), 15(wk 1&2), 16 (wk 1&2)

Quote Originally Posted by Boris View Post
    Have been blessed to have attended every Coachella since 1999 my friends and I took a chance and Roadtripped out from Austin,attended both Weeeknds 2012&2013. Its been an interesting journey. Paul Tollett and I met at SXSW last year. My Favorite Years Are 2006, 2007,2008. As for the Artist lineup in recent Years,I've learned to embrace the Artist in the small font when the Lineup is announced.. This year will be Coachella#19 and some of my Festival brethren are bringing their kids,(young adults).Beyond Coachella the Palm Springs area is an amazing vacation destination. What were your favorite Years Coachella Vets?
    Alright, since you posted your Paul pic, here's mine. Also, I'd say my favorite years were '08, '06, '04, and '12 in that order. Paul Tollett.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by crombrenner View Post
    Alright, since you posted your Paul pic, here's mine. Also, I'd say my favorite years were '08, '06, '04, and '12 in that order. Paul Tollett.jpg
    People do not talk about '08 that much. One of my favorites too! Along with '07, '10, and oddly enough '17
    Superfan will be in front of the Fonda masturbating furiously to a photo of him taking a photo of a band. Set is from 8:05 to approximately 8:05:15. Guest list only.

Upcoming Shows: Spamalot (7/31), HARD (8/1) 2001 Space Odyssey with LA Phil (8/12), Opeth (10/18), TOOL (10/31), Coachella 2016 (WK1), David Gilmour (Wherever I need to go)