Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Coachella 2018 tickets

Default Re: Coachella 2018 tickets

Is the ticket limit 2 per person or 2 per household? My brother is our of town and I would like to buy his tickets for him, while my husband can buy the tickets for us. I don't want both orders to get canceled since they will be shipped to the same address.

Quote Originally Posted by EdithBunker View Post
    No its called GREED plain and simple. Support it or don't folks.
    Well then anything you buy is based on greed. Damn companies making money! They charge what the market will bear, they don't pull these numbers out of their asses. They have been acquiring land out there, too, which I'm sure affects their bottom line.
    Last edited by JustSteve; 06-01-2017 at 08:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by santasutt View Post
    "America's Most Beloved Ballpark, I mean Music Festival"
    Lotta pink hat fans at Coachella, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

Tents about the same
    You know damn well this isn't true.

Quote Originally Posted by braundiggity View Post
    Maybe. Or maybe it'll feel lighter, whether due to an additional stage, better set times, whatever. Last year was your first year, but 2011 felt way better than the overcrowded 2010. GV tends to react well to negative feedback. Or hell, maybe they saw the reaction to the crowd sizes and decided not to continue increasing attendance (or if they did up it the full 25k last year, reduce attendance), and the ticket prices went up as much as they did to pay for that.

Ultimately, we don't know; we don't even know how much they increased attendance last year, much less how many tickets they're selling this year. I do know that every year I've had a "down" experience at the fest (2010, 2012, 2014), they've followed it up with one of my favorite years (2011, 13, 15).
    50/50 aint bad for an internationally acclaimed music & arts festival.

Coachella Junkie WhyTheLongFace's Avatar

Outside of the Sahara and Future the extra people were not an issue
    "HIGH END RAP MUSIC! GHETTO STADIUM SHIT! THEY AIN'T WANT US AT THE FESTIVALS
    NOW WE WILL RUN THEM!"
    -Some Guy

Quote Originally Posted by WhyTheLongFace View Post
    This. It was roomy for every show I saw at Mojave, Gobi, Sonora and even most at the main stage. The 2 times I went to Sahara were god awful

Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    You know damn well this isn't true.
    But thats not what I said is it?

"Tents are the same when they're bigger and you still can't get into any of them due to over capacity."

Its heartbreaking to say, but I might be passing on pre sale this year. If the line up doesn't thrill me... I might just have to pass all together. This year was fun, but I probably spent the least amount of time watching artists this year than any other year I have gone. Is the magic fading for me? I am sure a fake poster and rumors will change things in the coming months...
    10' - 11' - 12' W2 - 13' W1 - 14' W1 - 15' W1 - 16' W1 - 17' W1

You're not on the lineup no one wants to see u dj. Stop. Especially if you're going to play Calvin Harris u fuckin knob... - Reeber

RESPECT THE FORMULA - Guedita

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    Well then anything you buy is based on greed. Damn companies making money! They charge what the market will bear, they don't pull these numbers out of their asses. They have been acquiring land out there, too, which I'm sure affects their bottom line.
    Yep the fans are responsible for financing investments and assuring the bottom line is met for an already billion dollar company.

But thats not what I said is it?

"Tents are the same when they're bigger and you still can't get into any of them due to over capacity."
    It was literally exactly what you said before you then attempted to clarify after braun's response. In fact, here's the quote:

Tents about the same, all around infrastructure about the same.
    But your original argument was that for all the price increases, Coachella isn't investing any money into the production and that the production is more or less the same/worse since you started going in 2005. Which is a misguided argument considering that since that time, they've literally bought the Polo Fields, expanded the grounds multiple times (2011, 2014, 2017), added new tents, replaced each existing tent/stage at least twice, improved screen quality at all stages, improved sound (although you disagree with that but whatever, people used to bitch and moan about the outdoor sound system all the time but that's not the case anymore), added permanent bathrooms, added Lake Eldorado, and while I don't follow camping/transportation that closely I am willing to bet that experience has become more streamlined and enhanced as well. And I'm sure I'm missing things. You may not like any of the changes, but they are clearly spending a lot of money to make those changes.

So look I get the whining about the lineups because that's certainly shifted demographics, art has downsized as well (although this year took an interesting shift to much larger pieces).

But to say they aren't spending any of the money on the ground improvements is patently false, and your argument was that the ticket prices are rising but that they are not funding any substantial improvements to the festival's infrastructure and production (as well as lineups/art), was it not?

For a festival that literally doesn't spend a dime fixing the grounds, look at Bonnaroo. I don't think there's a North American festival that spends as much money improving the production and logistics year over year than Coachella. Every year there are huge improvements.
    Last edited by travelfan; 06-01-2017 at 09:10 AM.

Supply and demand is a hell of a drug.

50/50 aint bad for an internationally acclaimed music & arts festival.
    When those down years are still 10x better than any other festival I've attended, it's pretty okay. Highs and lows reflect a festival that isn't satisfied staying exactly the same forever. If consistency and lack of ambition are what you want, go to literally any other major US festival.

Quote Originally Posted by scochran3 View Post
    This. It was roomy for every show I saw at Mojave, Gobi, Sonora and even most at the main stage. The 2 times I went to Sahara were god awful
    Yup. I have a much easier time getting a good spot for the bands I want to see now than I used to. Once upon a time I had to show up 3-4 acts before a headliner to get in front of that middle rail. Now, I can literally show up 10 minutes before LCD/Radiohead/etc and get there.

There are more people, but they're off somewhere else. So who cares?

I never said they weren't investing any money into the festival for improvements. I did say it was better in some ways and not better in a whole lot of other ways. Dude they bought and are buying land and expanding grounds to allow more attendees for the bottom line and to have a say in city council as property tax paying owners if need be. Expanding it for the fans to make it more comfortable is a delusional assessment. Who wants to walk around any further than it already is now? Bonnaroo has done improvements but guess what they abandoned their core demographic and are paying for it dearly now in sales as they aren't located or surrounded by heavily populated cities with affluent attendees. Also Bonnaroo doesn't sell tickets 9 months before a lineup is released. The last few years have been everybody buying tickets to a blind lineup & holding out that this year will be one for the record books only to find its just another spring break corporate fashion show with bands that can be seen with whole sets for $15 -$80 in the fall or the following spring and summer at your local venue or ampitheater. You don't need to invest in a lineup when you've already sold out 9 months in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by braundiggity View Post
    When those down years are still 10x better than any other festival I've attended, it's pretty okay.
    You must be attending some really shitty festivals.

Of course the money is going back into the experience, and of course the ever-improving experience is driving higher ticket prices. Again, not about the lineup or music. That's not what they're selling.

Bonnaroo has done improvements but guess what they abandoned their core demographic and are paying for it dearly now in sales as they aren't located or surrounded by heavily populated cities with affluent attendees.
    Roo has fucked up in like 80 different ways. It's a trainwreck of bad decisions which is a shame because it used to have a very distinct place in the festival hierarchy. But Inforoo has long complained about how they go for years and years and years without a single improvement to the grounds. Their tents had (have?) no screens, the stages are all the same, the sound sucks, the biggest logistical problems are never addressed and remain year after year. They upped the ticket price for "improvements" and just added some toilets, and left all the annual problems the same.

Whenever one of them attends Coachella for the first time it's like a "I didn't know how good the infrastructure/production could be!!!!" moment, regardless what they think of the crowd or music.

They're adding a tent this year. In that same time, Coachella has added two, and overhauled the existing five, many of them substantially.

Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    Roo has fucked up in like 80 different ways. It's a trainwreck of bad decisions which is a shame because it used to have a very distinct place in the festival hierarchy. But Inforoo has long complained about how they go for years and years and years without a single improvement to the grounds. Their tents had (have?) no screens, the stages are all the same, the sound sucks, the biggest logistical problems are never addressed and remain year after year. They upped the ticket price for "improvements" and just added some toilets, and left all the annual problems the same.

Whenever one of them attends Coachella for the first time it's like a "I didn't know how good the infrastructure/production could be!!!!" moment, regardless what they think of the crowd or music.

They're adding a tent this year. In that same time, Coachella has added two, and overhauled the existing five, many of them substantially.
    As someone who went to Roo for three years and just went to Coach for the first time this year, it's insane how much better the production, art, organization and overall experience is at Coach.

Also, they're not adding a tent, just rebranding a tent into a stage full of some of the worst EDM imaginable.

You didn't walk around much this year, did you?
    Quote Originally Posted by MotorAve View Post
    Careful, while the threats are amusingly clueless, I could probably have this whole board shut down with one phone call.
    2. Migos- The new Beatles.

Quote Originally Posted by santasutt View Post
    You didn't walk around much this year, did you?
    Maybe it was worse for W2 when you were there, but aside from the Terrace and the Sahara, it was not overly crowded during W1. After going into the Terrace when we first arrived and seeing how crowded it was, I was afraid the whole weekend would be like that but as soon as I got out onto the field, there was plenty of open space.

Quote Originally Posted by gazercmh View Post
    Maybe it was worse for W2 when you were there, but aside from the Terrace and the Sahara, it was not overly crowded during W1. After going into the Terrace when we first arrived and seeing how crowded it was, I was afraid the whole weekend would be like that but as soon as I got out onto the field, there was plenty of open space.
    Other than the Sahara, it did not feel over crowded for Weekend 2 either. I was able to walk around comfortably with my two other friends throughout the three days.
    Coachella 2015 (Weekend 2), Coachella 2016 (Weekend 2)

weekend 2 did feel a little bit more crowded than weekend 1 did but not by that much.
    setlist.fm | last.fm | facebook | twitter
    2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011
    2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018
    5/24 Phantogram/TYCHO/Poolside @ Cal Coast 5/25 Fever Ray @ Hollywood Palladium Janelle Monae @ Cal Coast Open Air Theater
    6/22 Belle & Sebastian/Japanese Breakfast @ Observatory 7/30 Decemberists @ Humphrey's by the Bay
    10/5-6 Caj Jam 18 10/12-14 Austin City Limits

Aside from the entrance, it felt like the least crowded Coachella in years to me, even for popular artists like Hans, Justice, Kendrick, and Lady Gaga.

My first Roo was 04 and I've been to many. If anybody was at 04 Roo they know how much of a muddy unimagineable mess it was in Centeroo and how trying to move from one stage to another was an absolute nightmare like Glastonbury. They added drainage and reshaped key pathways inside to keep from that happening again and it hasn't. They've added art installations over the years also including the clock tower and interactive art like the spray paint wall. It constantly changes and they do their best with one weekend being the only event they hold there. They also pay a premium on production because its in the middle of nowhere unlike the Polo Fields which is within 4 or 5 hours of countless production rental companies. Everybody always wants to compare the two when they are completely different and make vastly different amounts of money.

I think this is the year we get two or more of the following:

1. new outdoor stage
    2. thursday night lineup
    3. 2 headliners per day
    4. the rest of the grounds expansion
    5/24 Phantogram/TYCHO/Poolside @ Cal Coast 5/25 Fever Ray @ Hollywood Palladium Janelle Monae @ Cal Coast Open Air Theater
    6/22 Belle & Sebastian/Japanese Breakfast @ Observatory 7/30 Decemberists @ Humphrey's by the Bay

Quote Originally Posted by scenicworld View Post
    I think this is the year we get two or more of the following:

1. new outdoor stage
    2. thursday night lineup
    3. 2 headliners per day
    4. the rest of the grounds expansion
    2 is out as the announced dates eliminate that option.

I don't think 2 is entirely ruled out. FYF announced their dates months ago as a 2 day festival and then surprised everyone as a 3 day festival.
    Roo did a similar thursday thing for campers a few years ago.
    even Coachella did something back in 2010 or 2011.

I don't see Coachella adding a fourth day. I think they are far more likely to add another stage.

I would die from a fourth day, probably.

Quote Originally Posted by M0D3Z View Post
    Its heartbreaking to say, but I might be passing on pre sale this year. .
    Is this because no one noticed you, even with the hat that had your boardie name on it?
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Smooches. =)
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Shut it down.