Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 98

Thread: Coachella 2018 tickets

  1. #31
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Queens, Astoria, NYC
    Posts
    422

    Default Re: Coachella 2018 tickets

    VIP this year comes with your own personal drone to lift you over the crowd and drop you in the exact place you want to be. Definitely worth the extra cash.

  2. #32
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Queens, Astoria, NYC
    Posts
    422

    Default Re: Coachella 2018 tickets

    Quote Originally Posted by WhyTheLongFace View Post
    I wonder how this goes. I didn't blink twice at the price increase cause Beyonce duh. But wonder how it goes going forward. But if we get another outdoor stage for headliner level acts $30 will feel like nothing in 2019
    Uh Beyonce was the headliner last year with no price increase so why should that matter? Her contract was signed almost 2 years ago and was probably already paid.

  3. #33

    Default Re: Coachella 2018 tickets

    Quote Originally Posted by EdithBunker View Post
    I've worked in the entertainment industry for 5 years. I've gone to Coacehella since 05. It has definitely taken a massive dive in lineup quality, production, & art installations. All of which are the same reasons many old school boardies (the fans that made the fest the brand that it is) don't go anymore and don't post here anymore. I could give a fuck less about food areas and beer gardens and size increase that has absolutely nothing to do with the value of entertainment and quality of production we pay for.
    Lineup enhancements since 2005: one extra day, two extra hours per weekend, two extra stages of music per day. Whether or not you overall like the bookings as much is subjective, but objectively they've added a shit ton of music to the lineup each weekend.

    Production enhancements that have to do with the value of entertainment since 2005: massively larger main stage screens, screens on the outdoor stage, enclosures and additional lighting in the mojave/gobi, much larger Sahara, increased speaker towers.

    I won't argue on the art, but I think that's just misplaced priorities (thinking bigger is always better). Otherwise, those are a lot of objective enhancements that no other US festival has done. If they removed all of those next year and went back to the 2005 setup, you'd be pretty let down.

    Quote Originally Posted by EdithBunker View Post
    Uh Beyonce was the headliner last year with no price increase so why should that matter? Her contract was signed almost 2 years ago.
    It matters because she's actually been announced ahead of time. This is the first time they've done a pre-sale with at least one headliner confirmed already. It was obvious that they'd raise the price, considering what a normal Beyonce ticket can cost.

  4. #34
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Queens, Astoria, NYC
    Posts
    422

    Default Re: Coachella 2018 tickets

    No its called GREED plain and simple. Support it or don't folks.

  5. #35
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    353

    Default Re: Coachella 2018 tickets

    Price increase seemed inevitable with other festivals increasing their price. I know OSL hasn't sold out but it's more than Coachella and I'm pretty sure after fees EDC is as well. Coachella could probably charge a lot more than this and still sell out in a few hours.

  6. #36
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Queens, Astoria, NYC
    Posts
    422

    Default Re: Coachella 2018 tickets

    Nothing about 2005 was a let down compared to the past few years I assure you of that.

  7. #37

    Default Re: Coachella 2018 tickets

    I loved 2005, and it was my first year going, but the experience now vs then is leaps and bounds better.

  8. #38
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Queens, Astoria, NYC
    Posts
    422

    Default Re: Coachella 2018 tickets

    Quote Originally Posted by braundiggity View Post
    I loved 2005, and it was my first year going, but the experience now vs then is leaps and bounds better.
    In some ways yes, in a whole lot of other ways NO.

  9. #39
    old school M0D3Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    3,392

    Default Re: Coachella 2018 tickets

    Even with the price increase, you have to give it to Coachella for how their prices haven't really increased too much compared to other festivals over the years, and they have increased the number of stages, food selection, capacity, expanded grounds, etc. where other festivals have not (per increase in price).


    Am I wrong in saying this? I feel Coachella gets attacked for something (I think) they have been pretty good at. Despite musical taste, they have one of the biggest/best line ups year in/year out.
    10' - 11' - 12' W2 - 13' W1 - 14' W1 - 15' W1 - 16' W1 - 17' W1


    You're not on the lineup no one wants to see u dj. Stop. Especially if you're going to play Calvin Harris u fuckin knob... - Reeber


    RESPECT THE FORMULA - Guedita

  10. #40
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Queens, Astoria, NYC
    Posts
    422

    Default Re: Coachella 2018 tickets

    Right because when I go to a music festival I go for the expanded grounds, the better food selections, the bigger beer gardens, the added stages, and definitely for the greater capacity of people there.

    The VIP higher end package increases are fucking hilarious. Its as if they decided to shoot for the Fyre Festival pricing format when they realized what these spoiled rich fucks are willing to pay for grade A horseshit.

  11. #41
    Member gaspard27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    175

    Default Re: Coachella 2018 tickets

    June 2017: Price increase = Daft Punk is a lock
    January 2018: Line up drops = No Daft Punk

  12. #42
    old school travelfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,904

    Default Re: Coachella 2018 tickets

    Quote Originally Posted by EdithBunker View Post
    I've worked in the entertainment industry for 5 years. I've gone to Coacehella since 05. It has definitely taken a massive dive in lineup quality, production, & art installations. All of which are the same reasons many old school boardies (the fans that made the fest the brand that it is) don't go anymore and don't post here anymore. I could give a fuck less about food areas and beer gardens and size increase that has absolutely nothing to do with the value of entertainment and quality of production we pay for.
    No argument with regard to lineup and art, but when you say production was better...the screens and sound and tents and infrastructure were all better in 2005 than 2017?

  13. #43
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Queens, Astoria, NYC
    Posts
    422

    Default Re: Coachella 2018 tickets

    I believe it was RAT sound company that year and they did a better job than any sound company they've used yet. Sound issues with Radiohead weekend 1 this past year are unacceptable for the level of performance. Yeah they said it was Radiohead's mixing console but thats what a sound company that doesn't want to be fired will say. Video screens are of course better now because LED technology in 2005 was astronomically expensive and to pull off what they have now back then would've likely costed much more than they made in profit that weekend. Tents about the same, all around infrastructure about the same.

  14. #44
    Coachella Junkie Miroir Noir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Zip City
    Posts
    9,249

    Default Re: Coachella 2018 tickets

    Take: raising prices has fuck all nothing to do with Beyonce, Daft Punk, or any other talent that has or has not already been booked.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

  15. #45
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Queens, Astoria, NYC
    Posts
    422

    Default Re: Coachella 2018 tickets

    If I remember right a square foot of LED wall back then was $10,000 depending on the manufacturer so a modest video wall would cost well in to $2 million very quickly. Just a guess that the wraparound video wall on main stage back then would've cost upwards of $20 million dollars to purchase. Now they are much more inexpensive and there are numerous companies that compete in the market. I know they likely rent this from production companies like PRG but the fees to rent are based on how much stuff you rent, how big you go and how new the technology is.

  16. #46

    Default Re: Coachella 2018 tickets

    Quote Originally Posted by EdithBunker View Post
    I believe it was RAT sound company that year and they did a better job than any sound company they've used yet. Sound issues with Radiohead weekend 1 this past year are unacceptable for the level of performance. Yeah they said it was Radiohead's mixing console but thats what a sound company that doesn't want to be fired will say. Video screens are of course better now because LED technology in 2005 was astronomically expensive and to pull off what they have now back then would've likely costed much more than they made in profit that weekend. Tents about the same, all around infrastructure about the same.
    Radiohead was 100% their own sound guy's fault. Video screens haven't gotten better at any other festival, so I don't know why you're not crediting that - even if they're cheaper, Coachella's the only one who cares enough about the experience to take advantage. Tents are not the same, that's objectively false. Infrastructure ain't the same, that's objectively false. You're arguing for the sake of arguing. What other festival do you prefer to Coachella, and why?

    Quote Originally Posted by EdithBunker View Post
    In essence as far as production now vs. past years goes we're comparing apples to oranges because of the shifts and advancements in technology. Thats half of what made Daft Punk's set so amazing. LED walls were still in their infancy then and nobody had configured them into any shape other than a rectangle up until that point.
    Again: the comparison isn't just to Coachella '05. It's to every other festival. Coachella could have easily rested on their laurels and kept the same screens as always. That's what everyone else did. They chose to up the game.
    Last edited by braundiggity; 05-31-2017 at 02:39 PM.

  17. #47
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Queens, Astoria, NYC
    Posts
    422

    Default Re: Coachella 2018 tickets

    In essence as far as production now vs. past years goes we're comparing apples to oranges because of the shifts and advancements in technology. Thats half of what made Daft Punk's set so amazing. LED walls were still in their infancy then and nobody had configured them into any shape other than a rectangle up until that point.

  18. #48

    Default Re: Coachella 2018 tickets

    I think the biggest improvement, specifically with regard to prices, is the layaway pricing. It's pretty sneaky, actually. Seeing that tickets are $30 more each year will eventually burn people out. Seeing that they're $4.28 more per month makes it feel very minor.

  19. #49
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Queens, Astoria, NYC
    Posts
    422

    Default Re: Coachella 2018 tickets

    Tents are the same when they're bigger and you still can't get into any of them due to over capacity.
    Last edited by EdithBunker; 06-01-2017 at 08:49 AM.

  20. #50
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Queens, Astoria, NYC
    Posts
    422

    Default Re: Coachella 2018 tickets

    Quote Originally Posted by braundiggity View Post
    Again: the comparison isn't just to Coachella '05. It's to every other festival. Coachella could have easily rested on their laurels and kept the same screens as always. That's what everyone else did. They chose to up the game.
    I'm elated to attend Riot Fest this year and guess what... they don't have any fancy wrap around LED screens or tents, or designated beer gardens amongst a large amount of other shit they lack from Coachella. I'm certainly not arguing but I guess I made you mad for telling it like it is. I'm not concerned with game upping as I'm a fan of live music and not a spectacle to detract from how lackluster a performer is.

  21. #51
    old school ocbruin84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    4,680

    Default Re: Coachella 2018 tickets

    "Telling it like it is" lol
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Hey here's an idea. You know those people who are desperately poor, down on their luck, uneducated, abused, and generally ill-equipped for life? Let's make fun of them.

  22. #52
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Queens, Astoria, NYC
    Posts
    422

    Default Re: Coachella 2018 tickets

    Quote Originally Posted by braundiggity View Post
    So every venue is equal in your eyes? You're venueblind. I'm not mad, I'm jealous.
    Open your mind and try it. Those kids in a muddy field at Further in 1996 didn't need a LED Pyramid or anything else. In fact there wasn't even a stage and many couldn't even see them, yet its a moment forever etched into the history of music.

  23. #53

    Default Re: Coachella 2018 tickets

    Let the stress take a hold of your mind, body, and soul! Good luck to everyone wanting to get passes this time around.

  24. #54

    Default Re: Coachella 2018 tickets

    This is a 7% increase just from last year. And for what reason? Not like they will have less people, they will have even more people in the upcoming years. I hope that maybe they can add another headliner on a day but there are already so many people to see(unless they started to move decently popular acts earlier on).

  25. #55
    Old Gay Guy gaypalmsprings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Palm Springs, CA
    Posts
    22,005

    Default Re: Coachella 2018 tickets

    The waiting room is so exciting. The wait should be 7% longer.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

  26. #56

    Default Re: Coachella 2018 tickets

    In other news, NASA wants to touch the Sun!

  27. #57
    Coachella Junkie Miroir Noir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Zip City
    Posts
    9,249

    Default Re: Coachella 2018 tickets

    The logic of this is easy: Coachella is raising prices because they can, and they can because it is now a cultural event that transcends "music festival" status.

    The music, to a considerable extent, is no longer the product.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

  28. #58
    old school santasutt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Mass
    Posts
    3,755

    Default Re: Coachella 2018 tickets

    Quote Originally Posted by Miroir Noir View Post
    The logic of this is easy: Coachella is raising prices because they can, and they can because it is now a cultural event that transcends "music festival" status.

    The music, to a considerable extent, is no longer the product.

    "America's Most Beloved Ballpark, I mean Music Festival"
    Quote Originally Posted by MotorAve View Post
    Careful, while the threats are amusingly clueless, I could probably have this whole board shut down with one phone call.
    Quote Originally Posted by WhyTheLongFace View Post
    2. Migos- The new Beatles.

  29. #59

    Default Re: Coachella 2018 tickets

    My issue isn't with the ticket increase. That's fine, it's a business and hopefully some of the money goes to lineup and even more upgrades. My issue is with the price increase AND more people. Last year was my first year and man was it packed. I wasn't bothered too much outside of the Sahara but 5-15k extra people is going to be pretty obnoxious.

  30. #60

    Default Re: Coachella 2018 tickets

    Maybe. Or maybe it'll feel lighter, whether due to an additional stage, better set times, whatever. Last year was your first year, but 2011 felt way better than the overcrowded 2010. GV tends to react well to negative feedback. Or hell, maybe they saw the reaction to the crowd sizes and decided not to continue increasing attendance (or if they did up it the full 25k last year, reduce attendance), and the ticket prices went up as much as they did to pay for that.

    Ultimately, we don't know; we don't even know how much they increased attendance last year, much less how many tickets they're selling this year. I do know that every year I've had a "down" experience at the fest (2010, 2012, 2014), they've followed it up with one of my favorite years (2011, 13, 15).
    Last edited by braundiggity; 06-01-2017 at 07:29 AM.

Similar Threads

  1. The REAL Coachella 2018 Rumors/Confirmations Thread
    By TickleMeElmo in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 3880
    Last Post: 04-05-2018, 03:41 PM
  2. Hip-Hop 2018
    By captain 66 in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: 03-21-2018, 03:10 PM
  3. Coachella 2018 Fake Posters Thread
    By mikey1313 in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 480
    Last Post: 12-28-2017, 02:15 AM
  4. Coachella 2018 Confirmations/Rumors
    By Droxcy in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 125
    Last Post: 02-23-2017, 12:52 PM
  5. When does 2018 tickets come out?
    By queenjustine in forum Questions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-08-2017, 09:23 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •