Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Coachella 2018 Fake Posters Thread

Default Re: Coachella 2018 Fake Posters Thread

Quote Originally Posted by anonymous96 View Post
    Anyone know the exact font that the Coachella line-ups use?
    check previous threads, either this one or real 2018 confirms/rumors thread.

Quote Originally Posted by nicolasilva View Post
    check previous threads, either this one or real 2018 confirms/rumors thread.
    Got it now, thanks!

Is nobody going to be doing these for a while?
    I cant wait another 8 months

Quote Originally Posted by nimazahir View Post
    Is nobody going to be doing these for a while?
    I cant wait another 8 months
    Making mine as I type this
    5/19/17 Thundercat @ Observatory SD
    6/8/17 Sam Gellaitry @ Observatory SD
    6/21/17 Roger Waters @ Staples Center
    7/1/17 Tycho, Todd Terje & the Olsens, and Jaga Jazzist @ Greek LA
    8/6/17 Kendrick Lamar @ Staples Center
    8/12/17 Hans Zimmer @ Viejas Arena

May/June Update:

My old account "Mikey1313666" is down for whatever reason.

Quote Originally Posted by mikey1313 View Post
    May/June Update:

Is Chance really big enough/have enough known material to headline next year? Made a thread on reddit and most said he isnt ready yet. 2 popular tapes(10 day is good but wont be known by the average person I feel like at his set). Even with a new project, I dont know if its enough. Unless he drops the album this year and maybe something small pre Coachella? Kendrick just played and he had Section 80, Gkmc, Tpab, Untitled, and Damn. Maybe

Quote Originally Posted by nimazahir View Post
    Is Chance really big enough/have enough known material to headline next year? Made a thread on reddit and most said he isnt ready yet.
    That sub doesn't know what they're talking about. They're all clamoring for Gorillaz to headline yet Chance is getting billed OVER Gorillaz at other festivals. He's already topping the bill at some of the biggest US festivals so he's already there.
    Quote Originally Posted by TickleMeElmo View Post
    Uhh, Gil Scott-Heron is kinda dead, dude.
    Whoops lol, that's what happens with my piss poor knowledge of rap

That sub doesn't know what they're talking about. They're all clamoring for Gorillaz to headline yet Chance is getting billed OVER Gorillaz at other festivals. He's already topping the bill at some of the biggest US festivals so he's already there.
    Maybe, I wouldnt mind it since I am a Chance fan.
    But does he really have enough hits/known song for the casual person?

Apparently ACL and Lolla think so and both those festivals have more casuals than Coachella.

In fairness, Lolla is also his hometown. But Life is Beautiful also has him above both Muse and Gorillaz. He's a no-doubt headliner now, and he honestly might not even be a "cheap" headliner anymore.

Well, cheaper than Depeche Mode and Beyoncé for sure.

Well, cheaper than Depeche Mode and Beyoncé for sure.
    Chance is definitely the weak headliner on my most recent poster, and while I'm not really a huge fan, he would be one of the best "cheap" headliners in recent years.

old school

Would you guys call Arcade Fire a cheap headliner or no? If not, 2014 might be the only two weekend year without a "cheap headliner."

1. Jack White
    2. Kendrick Lamar
    3. Phoenix
    4. The Black Keys
    5. Calvin Harris

I'd probably have Chance fifth on that list

How was Kendrick a cheap headliner?

Kendrick debuting his new live show days after his critically acclaimed album dropped was hardly a cheap headliner.......

In fact, with Beyonce cancelling, that was the #rarest headliner of the festival, and arguably the entire NA festival circuit this year (minus U2). Fight me.

Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    Kendrick debuting his new live show days after his critically acclaimed album dropped was hardly a cheap headliner.......

In fact, with Beyonce cancelling, that was the #rarest headliner of the festival, and arguably the entire NA festival circuit this year (minus U2). Fight me.
    Agreed 100 percent.

Out on rarity, Beyonce wins yeah.. But Radiohead is just #1 everywhere they play.
    If Chance drops an album soonish/next year, I might put him next to Kendrick tbh. Question on how that Sunday would look like tho? Kygo - Lana Del Rey - Chance with J Cole - Jamiroquai / Dog Blood on the Outdoor? Jamiroquai and Dog Blood are both because of rarity a lock for Outdoor closer. + Kygo into Lana would be a big ass snooze fest.

How was Kendrick not the cheap headliner? Radiohead wasn't cheap and Beyonce/Gaga certainly wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by silver06 View Post
    Would you guys call Arcade Fire a cheap headliner or no? If not, 2014 might be the only two weekend year without a "cheap headliner."

1. Jack White
    2. Kendrick Lamar
    3. Phoenix
    4. The Black Keys
    5. Calvin Harris

I'd probably have Chance fifth on that list
    I guess it depends on the definition of "cheap." If you consider Chance to be a cheap headliner, then by default wouldn't Muse also be a cheap headliner (given that Chance is being billed above them at multiple fests)? I'd love to know how much these acts all get paid. When I said "cheap" I meant purely in the cost of booking sense; he might be cheaper than Beyonce or Depeche Mode, but given where he's being billed, I would assume he's a mid-tier headliner at least in terms of cost to book (and rising faster than anyone, given he was a sub just a year ago and is now top billed a multiple fests).

old school

Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post

Kendrick headlined Rolling Loud in Miami like a month after Coachella and headlined FYF and other mid-sized fests last year. Frankly, he's not headlining North American festivals in 2017 because he was at many of them in 2015 or 2016.

Was it a rare, awesome moment highlighted by the debut of new material and a roll out of his album? Definitely. Did it help him bump up a level of stardom? Yes. But he's also clearly attainable at major (and mid level) fests, never been billed 1-2 at any fest, and was almost assuradly cheaper than Radiohead or Beyaga, if that's simply the definition of cheap.

Maybe he, along with Arcade Fire, gets excluded as a "cheap headliner" but I wouldn't paint him as some sort of super rare get that GV had a tough time wrangling in.

The only way i see Chance headlining next year is if its his last show/fest for a bit (2 years). I don't think him headlining will happen next year because he's a new father, and he has worked so hard for so long. Chance keeps putting out new music (Kaytranada track came out this week right?) and he's doing another huge tour. The dude needs a break and if he really wants to earn a ton of cash from coachella, he'll give it some time, and make another great record.

May/June Update:

My thoughts on this:

National, J.Cole, & especially A$AP Rocky would be #2
    Brian Wilson, Leon Bridges, maybe even Alessia Cara and Logic would be subs.
    Spoon (If you are still subbing at the Hollywood bowl, you're not a sub yet), Diplo(Diplo new track is so bad that he's even shitting on it)
    and Post Malone would be up another line.

Oh and Oliver Heldens would be 3rd line as well

Busy P is up too high

Quote Originally Posted by lifeofgeoff View Post
    My thoughts on this:

National, J.Cole, & especially A$AP Rocky would be #2
    Disagree with these. Why/how is A$AP definitely a #2?

Brian Wilson, Leon Bridges, maybe even Alessia Cara and Logic would be subs.
    Brian Wilson, maybe. But Leon Bridges I don't think is quite 2nd line. Not totally sure about Logic and his Coachella draw.

Spoon (If you are still subbing at the Hollywood bowl, you're not a sub yet)
    That was simply a matter of Will Smith & DJ Jazzy Jeff being too long a name to fit on the 2nd line like that, sort of like that Of Monsters and Men billin scenario.

Diplo(Diplo new track is so bad that he's even shitting on it) and Post Malone would be up another line.
    Diplo has basically gotta be 2nd line, no matter what recent garbage single he has released, no? Not totally sure about Post Malone, but 3rd line seemed a bit high.

I think Rocky and National could be #3's but J. Cole is definitely a sub. Brian Wilson is a 2nd liner too but I don't think Logic nor Leon Bridges have to be, they're fine on the 3rd. Besides that, Brillz is way too high. Hell, he'd probably be in the Heineken House anyways and not on the poster.

old school

-If Future is third on his day, I would actually mock J Cole and ASAP being third too and in no way do I think ASAP "needs" to be second

-Brian Wilson would be on second line just billed as his name but don't think Leon Bridges or Logic would be. Logic probably in the Uzi Vert spot. Cara I think is in the "too big for Coachella" stage where they'd almost have to give her Ellie Goulding '16 type billing

-St. Vincent subbed HWB in '15 for Badu the same year she was on the second line so don't think it applies. I wouldn't complain about Spoon being end of second or early third line

-I think Vince Staples is the name on that mock that should be third line, not Post Malone

-Also, Wavves would be a lot higher if they played, but I think Nathan has something against Coachella so dont think he will be booked

I think Rocky and National could be #3's but J. Cole is definitely a sub. Brian Wilson is a 2nd liner too but I don't think Logic nor Leon Bridges have to be, they're fine on the 3rd. Besides that, Brillz is way too high. Hell, he'd probably be in the Heineken House anyways and not on the poster.
    Really? I know J. Cole is big, but do you really think sub big? I agree with you on the rest though.

Quote Originally Posted by silver06 View Post
    -If Future is third on his day, I would actually mock J Cole and ASAP being third too and in no way do I think ASAP "needs" to be second
    Yeah I sort of agree. I don't think either act would for sure be a sub.

Really? I know J. Cole is big, but do you really think sub big? I agree with you on the rest though.
    Without question. He's playing 2 shows at The Forum (compared to Future's 1 show there) and headlining Made In America this year. In 2016, he's already subbed at Outside Lands and Bonnaroo and headlined Life Is Beautiful and Lollapalooza. He'd be a pretty big sub and is even a borderline headliner at this point. He's definitely bigger than Future and A$AP Rocky.
    Last edited by TickleMeElmo; 05-19-2017 at 02:17 AM.

Disagree with these. Why/how is A$AP definitely a #2?

Brian Wilson, maybe. But Leon Bridges I don't think is quite 2nd line. Not totally sure about Logic and his Coachella draw.

That was simply a matter of Will Smith & DJ Jazzy Jeff being too long a name to fit on the 2nd line like that, sort of like that Of Monsters and Men billin scenario.

Diplo has basically gotta be 2nd line, no matter what recent garbage single he has released, no? Not totally sure about Post Malone, but 3rd line seemed a bit high.
    ASAP was the most liked/requested artist when he last played and his turn out was huge, add another big record with that and he's easily a Tame Impala #2.

The only way I can see the National playing the fest is if they sub. From their latest single it sounds like they might have another great record. CoS did a funny article about how the National is bros favorite bands. https://consequenceofsound.net/2014/...entific-study/

Brian Wilson playing Pet Sounds is a sub no matter what.

Leon Bidges fonda shows sold out in seconds and they are a GV favorite. He's also had a prime placement last year for most festivals performing his debut still. Add a new album and put him in the Alabama Shakes spot.

Even with a great record from Spoon they would be on the 3rd line. They're opening up for acts at the Bowl and doing a joint tour with The Shins. Great band, but their mgmt is selling them short.

With the 2nd line is if I can see them selling out the shrine/or greek. I know Empire of the Sun failed to do that but they're also under Capitol records, Sales on their older stuff skyrocketed this year, leading to a ton of radio play, and just cost more than your average kroq band because of their stage set up. Diplo can't make the second line, especially with acts like RL Grime, ODESZA, Kygo, Duke Dumont, Gesaffelstien, Dog Blood add a swedish house mafia dude coming out with new records.

Only thing different with ASAP is he's played and proven himself to Coachella. The last time Future played he pissed off a ton of Outkast fans lol.

I can see Cara being third of her day.

St Vincent was a last second add on in hopes to help sales. Which for Badu at the Bowl. So thats way different from Spoon opening up for Belle & Sebastian.

Vince is def third line now. Post Malone is third as well, 'Congratulations' is getting its second wave after a video of him and rich chigga went viral.