Thread: Looking Ahead to 2018

Default Looking Ahead to 2018

Hi all, already looking ahead to 2018 and noticed a lot of hotels are either already sold out or are charging exorbitant prices. Is it too early to start looking just yet?

Default Re: Looking Ahead to 2018

It depends if the hotel has a pool.

Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Stayed at the Hilton Rancho Mirage for $737 for four nights this year, had an ok pool, same hotel would come out to $2k this year...

The holiday inn group still has a few rooms left at a reasonable rate, but everything else for weekend 1 2018 is already priced through the roof/sold out.

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex View Post
    The holiday inn group still has a few rooms left at a reasonable rate, but everything else for weekend 1 2018 is already priced through the roof/sold out.
    I managed to book one of the Westin's with points, but I've read it's still a bit early. Buuuut, the Hilton we stayed at this year did jack its rates up significantly already.

And this is why you camp.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Hey here's an idea. You know those people who are desperately poor, down on their luck, uneducated, abused, and generally ill-equipped for life? Let's make fun of them.

Quote Originally Posted by ocbruin84 View Post
    And this is why you camp.
    Pretty much. I'm usually on a budget 365 so cutting corners when I can is always a must for me. The heat sucks, but it's really nothing a canopy and some beers can't fix. I always try to camp with a rather large group to ensure that all bases are covered, and this year was no different. We had shade, food, booze and it was a great time with strangers ( I knew 1 person out of the group prior)
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Smooches. =)
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Shut it down.

I camped at Bonnaroo three times and while good fun, I appreciate a good shower and feeling refreshed each morning. Coming from Florida also makes matters a bit complicated with camping gear and such.

Holiday Inn Express in Palm Desert has rooms for Wk 1 available for around $200/night. Right across the street from the Albertson's shuttle stop and about a 20-25 min ride.

Quote Originally Posted by mrhand View Post
    Holiday Inn Express in Palm Desert has rooms for Wk 1 available for around $200/night. Right across the street from the Albertson's shuttle stop and about a 20-25 min ride.
    As a heads up, the rates offered are all non-refundable. Even the option listed as the flexible rate.
    Last edited by breeon; 05-02-2017 at 12:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by breeon View Post
    As a heads up, the rates offered are all non-refundable. Even the option listed as the flexible rate.
    If you use the AAA rate, you can cancel 24 hours ahead of check-in without being charged.
    Alice Glass - The Echo, September 14
    St. Vincent - Paramount Pictures, October 7
    First Aid Kit - Theatre at the Ace Hotel, October 12
    The Make-Up - The Echo, October 12
    Arcade Fire - The Forum, October 20
    Coachella - Empire Polo Field, April 20-22

Quote Originally Posted by breeon View Post
    They must've changed the deposit requirement today. Yesterday I booked flexible rates without any deposit and cancellable 24 hrs ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by InDaGreen View Post
    If you use the AAA rate, you can cancel 24 hours ahead of check-in without being charged.
    Where are you seeing the AAA rate?

The AAA rate now appears nonrefundable.

The fuck.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Hey here's an idea. You know those people who are desperately poor, down on their luck, uneducated, abused, and generally ill-equipped for life? Let's make fun of them.

They shut that down real quick.

Tales of hotel cocksuckery: Holiday Inn Express Palm Desert went ahead and charged the credit card I had on the reservation the full amount for my reservation, a week after I made the reservation, despite the fact I booked a flexible rate which specifically stated NO DEPOSIT REQUIRED and have the confirmation email stating so.

So I get to call tomorrow and yell at someone and then have them likely give me the choice of paying the deposit or cancelling the reservation and getting a refund. Dicks.

Quote Originally Posted by mrhand View Post
    Tales of hotel cocksuckery: Holiday Inn Express Palm Desert went ahead and charged the credit card I had on the reservation the full amount for my reservation, a week after I made the reservation, despite the fact I booked a flexible rate which specifically stated NO DEPOSIT REQUIRED and have the confirmation email stating so.

So I get to call tomorrow and yell at someone and then have them likely give me the choice of paying the deposit or cancelling the reservation and getting a refund. Dicks.
    Wow, not surprising since they changed all the bookings to prepay only.

This is a bit of a gamble...that same Holiday Inn Express in Palm Desert now has a nonrefundable advance-pay rate of $144.99 per night ($141.33 for IHG Rewards Club members) for a four-night stay with check-in Thursday, April 12 and check-out Monday, April 16 and also check-in Thursday, April 19 and check-out Monday, April 23, assuming those are the 2018 Coachella weekend 1 and 2 dates. The room type though is not assigned before arrival at the hotel.
    Coachella '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12 W1, '13 W1&2, '14 W1, '15 W1&2, '16 W1 (maybe '19 W1)

Quote Originally Posted by wxdude View Post
    This is a bit of a gamble...that same Holiday Inn Express in Palm Desert now has a nonrefundable advance-pay rate of $144.99 per night ($141.33 for IHG Rewards Club members) for a four-night stay with check-in Thursday, April 12 and check-out Monday, April 16 and also check-in Thursday, April 19 and check-out Monday, April 23, assuming those are the 2018 Coachella weekend 1 and 2 dates. The room type though is not assigned before arrival at the hotel.
    Not bad, but that nonrefundable rate part sucks.