View Poll Results: Royksopp vs. Moderat?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • ROYKSOPP!

21 43.75%
  • MODERAT!

27 56.25%

Thread: Royksopp vs. Moderat

Default Royksopp vs. Moderat

I still am soooo torn over this. What did you choose, what are you going to choose, or what would you choose if attending?
    Quote Originally Posted by svatomictwist View Post
    I spin in both directions, and I also dance in FRACTIONS.
    2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011!!!, 2012 (w1), 2013 (w2), 2014! (w2), 2015!! (w2), 2016 (w2), 2017 (w2), 2018 (w2)...

Default Re: Royksopp vs. Moderat

Went Moderat even though I had seen them twice and Royksopp never. Left with zero regrets.

After watching the Royksopp stream, even more confident in the decision.

Either one is a great show though, jsut solidifies that it is one of the worst conflicts in recent memory.

While not at Coachella, I had to make the same choice this week, since they're both playing the same night here in LA.

Ended up going with Royksopp. Figured it's been three years since I've seen them, and I've seen Moderat twice in the last year. Seemed a rational approach since my heart was torn.

We went Royksopp and felt it was the right decision. Amazing show.

I don't think there's a wrong choice here, though.

Go with your gut based on mood.

The nice thing about choosing Royksopp is that it starts earlier. If you're not feeling it after 20-30 mins, you can still catch most of Moderat.

I had to do both. I couldn't decide over one or the other.
    Coachella 09, 10, 11, 12(WK1), 13(WK2), 14(WK2), 15(WK1), 16(WK1), 17(WK1), 18(WK1)

It's all about the music.

Ima choose Royksopp, then leave 10-15 mins early for Moderat ( hopefully best of both worlds)

Quote Originally Posted by braundiggity View Post
    The nice thing about choosing Royksopp is that it starts earlier. If you're not feeling it after 20-30 mins, you can still catch most of Moderat.
    This. Just go with the flow of your night. That's what I always do.

I was at Royksopp for about 10 minutes. Sound was good, liked the visuals, but it was just a bit too mellow for me. Headed over to Moderat and they blew me away. So glad I switched.

Quote Originally Posted by mynameisurl View Post
    Ima choose Royksopp, then leave 10-15 mins early for Moderat ( hopefully best of both worlds)
    We're going to go this route. I have to see Royksopp on the polo fields. It would be sacrilegious for me not to see them. I'm ok with leaving a little early. I'd really like to catch some of Moderat (although we did see them a few months ago), but more to get out before the Garrix fans take over the Sahara.

Quote Originally Posted by ShredHead View Post
    I was at Royksopp for about 10 minutes. Sound was good, liked the visuals, but it was just a bit too mellow for me. Headed over to Moderat and they blew me away. So glad I switched.
    This is exactly what happened with us! We were fully committed to Royksopp, but after being in there for 10-15 mins, we just weren't feeling it. The visuals were truly amazing, but it was so bright in that tent and most people we could see weren't dancing, so it was hard for us to get into it. It definitely seemed like a Sahara-fied version of their music (not as interesting to me). We went to Moderat where it was extremely dark and everyone was dancing and it ended up being one of my top 2 sets of the whole weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by svatomictwist View Post
    I spin in both directions, and I also dance in FRACTIONS.
    2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011!!!, 2012 (w1), 2013 (w2), 2014! (w2), 2015!! (w2), 2016 (w2), 2017 (w2), 2018 (w2)...

C) Warpaint

Shitty conflict

I went with Royksopp for about 35 minutes. They were my most anticipated set of the entire fest and I spent that entire 35 minutes trying to convince myself that I was enjoying it. I was completely amazed by the visuals and spectacle of it all but I just wasn't feeling the music or the the vocalist. It looked and sounded really cheesy, especially the vocalists with their dumb outfits standing on top of everything acting all angelic and shit. Felt like I was in some 5th element alien concert and we were all worshipping this weird ass goddess figure. I might have been just too in my head cause I rarely smoke weed, but I digress, I caught the end of moderat and it was incredible. Really wish I would have just gone with them in the first place.

From the very start Royksopp was way way more crowded than I expected W2
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Hey here's an idea. You know those people who are desperately poor, down on their luck, uneducated, abused, and generally ill-equipped for life? Let's make fun of them.

One of the guys from Royskopp is going through physical issues and they may slim down their performances quite a bit. Moderat will resurface eventually so I regret nothing about choosing Royksopp. Was rolling and had a lot of fun during their set.
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Smooches. =)
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Shut it down.

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    I went with Royksopp for about 35 minutes. They were my most anticipated set of the entire fest and I spent that entire 35 minutes trying to convince myself that I was enjoying it. I was completely amazed by the visuals and spectacle of it all but I just wasn't feeling the music.
    I think my expectations were too high.

Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    C) Warpaint

Shitty conflict
    Eh, saw 90% of Royksopp and got a good spot before Warpaint.

Moderat after Tycho was the perfect 'coming down' process.. brought a buddy with me and I think his mind broke.

Walked out after Moderat and he just kinda quiety mutters "holy fuck, I think I have a new favorite band..." and this was after Tycho, the primary reason he went to Coachella.

The mood and visuals from this performance were the tightest set I've seen in a long time- their time on the road / practise really paid off.

That being said, this conflict was the best argument for attending both weekend IMHO as I would loved to have seen both.
    Last edited by lungshadow; 05-01-2017 at 09:25 AM.

Did the first 15 of Royksopp, then ran to Mojave and got a great spot for Moderat still. Second time I've seen them, but it was amazing. Apparat sounds incredible live.

I was still hoping they were going to bust out one of the Modeselektor tracks with Thom...

Unfortunately, I left Royksopp slightly underwhelmed and went to Moderat and was in heaven.
    anything could happen

Went to both (Royksopp week 1, Moderat Week 2), and Moderat wins. Both were great, but Moderat was transcendent. Blew me away like Underworld did in 2016. I was also pleasantly surprised with how big the crowd was in the Mojave in week 2. Didn't know that many people knew about Moderat.
    COACHELLA- 99, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12 (wk 1 & 2), 13 (wk 1 &2), 14 (wk 1 & 2), 15(wk 1&2), 16 (wk 1&2)

Quote Originally Posted by lungshadow View Post
    I think his mind broke.

This also happened to me, No idea what to expect.

Royksopp was fucking unreal, but I think I ruined it by watching the web stream the week prior.

I think they changed the set up a little, the blond dude threw a hammer or too, looked like he was having the time of his life, and they played this gem.
    Coachella 2011, 2013(wk1), 2014(wk1), 2014(wk2), 2015(wk1),

2016(wk1), 2016(wk2)

Also I am not voting, there should be an option for "both". Can't split the two, both very different from each other, and I guess from any other musicians out there today.
    Coachella 2011, 2013(wk1), 2014(wk1), 2014(wk2), 2015(wk1),

2016(wk1), 2016(wk2)

Either one is a great show though, jsut solidifies that it is one of the worst conflicts in recent memory.
    Last edited by comprar; 01-22-2018 at 11:50 AM.