Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678

Thread: Sorry Weekend 2ers - Coachella 2017 Is a Dud

Default Re: Sorry Weekend 2ers - Coachella 2017 Is a Dud

Quote Originally Posted by crombrenner View Post
    You too my long time friend! Yeah, all of the parking issues are for those who arrive late from what I've heard. I love that fact that even though you're old like me, you still are one of the first one's there every day! As for the dust, I said compared to every other year, it was way less then most other years. I think this was due to all the rain we got this winter/spring. It really made the grass more resilient than I've ever seen since they've gone to two weeks.
    I hear you and that's what I thought when I went bandana-less on Day 1. Big mistake. Anyway, any bout of Coachella-flu is worth the experience. Look forward to hanging with you and Schofield at many more to come.
    I have been to concerts. I will go to concerts in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by tessalasset View Post
    Having camped twice and stayed in air conditioned houses with pools all the other times, this is entirely not true.
    having stayed in a house in 2015 and car camping this year weekend one, camping is def the only way to do it.

I'm not saying one is better than the other. Just saying there are many different ways to experience Coachella. I definitely recommend you try camping at least once, but it's not for everybody. Some people just like the cool and quiet after the fest. For me personally, when I get home after the fest is over, all I want to do is shower and go to sleep to get as much rest as possible before starting all over again the next day. I desperately need that recharge. Lots of other people just like staying up and partying into the wee hours and they can somehow bounce back easily after a nap. It's really not for everybody. Last time I camped was week 2 of 2012, the hottest Coachella ever, and it was the worst feeling to never be able to truly cool down at night, since the lows were in the mid-70s. Just having that constant feeling of being a little overheated. It wrecked me that weekend. I would have killed for a pool and some a/c.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardentbiscuit View Post
    This is the equivalent of musical water boarding.

Last time I camped was also Weekend 2 2012. Waking up at 7am when it was already 90 degrees, and being outside all day in 107 degree heat really ruined the weekend for me. That's still one of my favorite lineups the fest has had, but probably my least favorite year in terms of the experience.

I don't know the official highs, but the Weekend 2 heat was the worst I've experience since I started camping in 2013(all weekend 2).

Maybe I'm just older a bit more out of shape, but I was exhausted just from the heat more than usual.

Although there was a nice cloud that covered the sun for about an hour on Saturday, that was fantastic.
    '11 '12 '13 '14 '15 '16 '17

Quote Originally Posted by JRam25 View Post
    I don't know the official highs, but the Weekend 2 heat was the worst I've experience since I started camping in 2013(all weekend 2).

Maybe I'm just older a bit more out of shape, but I was exhausted just from the heat more than usual.
    I'm definitely older, but in better shape than I've been the past 5 years, but damn- it FELT like the hottest Coachella since baking in Gobi for Sturgill Simpson a few years ago... still dealing with the head cold!

Quote Originally Posted by lecter82 View Post
    I biked in '12-'16 and found it easy every time. What do they need to do to make it easier?
    I'm grateful that they have an official place to park our bikes (near security)...finally.

But.... the pathways that they insisted we rode on were in terrible condition. The space that we were supposed to navigate in the lots between cones and the cars were near impossible especially when people were walking. It got super annoying to keep getting yelled at when we were just doing our best to avoid pedestrians and parked cars.

yeah, it wasn't hot this year so I can't complain about the heat.
    but if you're prepared and the weather is in your favor camping is glorious. of course how often does that happen? we got lucky this year.

Exactly. Camping conditions vary. Air-conditioned house conditions do not. I like the sure thing. I've only camped the two hottest years, so I don't have great memories of chillin out and being super comfortable at any point. Also I assume from your post you went week 1 this year? Cause week 2 was pretty brutal as well.

I'm pretty sure the parking issue had to do with campers moving their cars to day parking so they could leave. My group and a TON of people around us did it. Honestly, they should just allow people in the camp grounds to leave Sunday night if they like so that doesn't happen again.

Kind of an issue with thousands upon thousands of people drinking, partying, walking around the campgrounds right after curfew, in the dark.

Good point. I wonder how they can alleviate this problem then. Other than just forcing more and more of us day parkers to use the shuttles.

all the random people who walk through the campgrounds on Sunday night was whack. We had a few weird drunk people come through and stick around for way too long at our campsite.
    one drunk girl walked into our neighbors side and she fell super hard and woke up some girls who were sleeping lol.

and yeah, we camped weekend one and the weather was PERFECT

Ah, I was in the thinking of your car was already parked in the tent only car lot, which is what I did this year. I guess for car campers its a different can of warms.

Far from a dud. Better than ever if you ask me. The crowd is fucked though. So many young fucked cunts everywhere. Easy to escape if you like good music, but the campsites are now louder and later than ever. Got no sleep on Thursday and Saturday night.

Hopefully there will be less rap and hip hop next year, I am confident that was the reason for such a bunch of fuckwits at the festival this year.
    Coachella 2011, 2013(wk1), 2014(wk1), 2014(wk2), 2015(wk1),

2016(wk1), 2016(wk2)

Quote Originally Posted by svenflauge View Post
    Far from a dud. Better than ever if you ask me. The crowd is fucked though. So many young fucked cunts everywhere. Easy to escape if you like good music, but the campsites are now louder and later than ever. Got no sleep on Thursday and Saturday night.

Hopefully there will be less rap and hip hop next year, I am confident that was the reason for such a bunch of fuckwits at the festival this year.
    all those fuckwits spend a shitload of money, likely coachella will continue to attract and cater to them.
    I overheard countless conversations about kids going way past their spending limit but it not being a problem due to their ability to call mom and dad to buy them a new phone after theirs was stolen and also pay last and next month's rent because "co-ahhh-chell-aahh duh"

EDIT: Thursday and Sunday were the craziest nights at camp by far lol.