Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Poor Crowded House!!!

Default Poor Crowded House!!!

But what a throw with that water bottle!!!

"Hey Now, Heeeeyyyyy Now, when will this set be over???"

Lost a newly made friend of mine during the "squeeze" in the front of the crowd at main stage after Crowded House.

I posted her info in Missed Connections...thanks for a rockin night! Rage was absolutely amazing.

Banned

Default Re: Poor Crowded House!!!

RAGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111

By the way, my apologies.

Although the person missing was just a newly made friend, I had to fib and scream, "Excuse me, I need to get by. My girl just cracked her head, passed out...!" etc. The truth is, you guys were some stubborn motherf'ers and I just needed to get through.

To anyone whose feet are feelin' a little sore today, again, my bad.

Banned

hahahahahaha lolz thats so kewlz. thanks for sharing. kisses.

Wow, i didn't hear about this until reading about it here. Not all Rage fans are complete selfish assholes, but anyone who participated in the jeering or throwing of shit at any band that was "scheduled" to play is a major fuck wad no matter what "revolutionary" title you want to put on it. They apparantly have no abilility to know that they will not get Rage on the stage earlier if they yell or abuse anyone. To those of you who show disrespect to others just to fufill your baby wants and needs...FUCK YOU! Being a revolutionary requires a bit of thought and concern for you fellow human beings. What would Zack do? Would he disrespect a musician (or anyone) like that? i would say "Go to Hell", but more than likely you're already there in your head and the way you live.

i will repeat, "not all Rage fans". Just the douche bags.

The scheduling was to blame. Everything would have turned out much better if The Roots and Crowded House had switched time slots. The Rage fans (including me) would have been more happy with The Roots and there would have been less Rage fans at the earlier time.

Loved Crowded House.

Knucklehead idiots that cant tell time can eat a flatbed pickup full of salty Koala Chodes.
    This sig sponsored by MenocuŽ buttplugs.MenocuŽ butplugs are the only buttplugs Wykked Sceptre uses.

I think RODRIGO and GABRIELA would have been a great band instead of Crowded House. They ROCKED the house with their early-day performance. Very upbeat & got everyone in a lively mood. Jam-packed & the whole crowd went wild with their set. I think they were one of the best surprises of the fest.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Quote Originally Posted by ivankay View Post
    Wow, i didn't hear about this until reading about it here. Not all Rage fans are complete selfish assholes, but anyone who participated in the jeering or throwing of shit at any band that was "scheduled" to play is a major fuck wad no matter what "revolutionary" title you want to put on it. They apparantly have no abilility to know that they will not get Rage on the stage earlier if they yell or abuse anyone. To those of you who show disrespect to others just to fufill your baby wants and needs...FUCK YOU! Being a revolutionary requires a bit of thought and concern for you fellow human beings. What would Zack do? Would he disrespect a musician (or anyone) like that? i would say "Go to Hell", but more than likely you're already there in your head and the way you live.

Spot on. Not one member of RATM would be disrespectful to another group of musicians, but especially not to ones as talented as Crowded House. How hard is it to yank off your hardcore revolutionary friend next to you for the 45 minutes Crowded House plays? The answer is, it wouldn't have been. Childish.

Yeah. Wow. I have been waiting for ten years to see CH and they really screwed up the lineup. We came out here to see Crowded House's reunion and not Rage's and it was marred by the assinine behavior of many (despite my bitterness, I know it was not all of the die-hards that precipitated the chain of events). Crowded House is an important band that deserved the more prestigious slot, but they should have headlined the outdoor theater where people were much more laidback and receptive to the mellower output CH has to offer. Taking a page from the gentlemanly behavior of CH, I'll bite my tongue and move on to enjoy Crowded House another day in environments devoid of the mob-mentality that I saw last night.

Quote Originally Posted by sarochka1 View Post
    Yeah. Wow. I have been waiting for ten years to see CH and they really screwed up the lineup. We came out here to see Crowded House's reunion and not Rage's and it was marred by the assinine behavior of many (despite my bitterness, I know it was not all of the die-hards that precipitated the chain of events). Crowded House is an important band that deserved the more prestigious slot, but they should have headlined the outdoor theater where people were much more laidback and receptive to the mellower output CH has to offer. Taking a page from the gentlemanly behavior of CH, I'll bite my tongue and move on to enjoy Crowded House another day in environments devoid of the mob-mentality that I saw last night.
    I'm not going to blame Goldenvoice, because I'm sure they had a reason for putting Crowded House where they did. I was hoping they would be at the Outdoor Theater. Maybe they could have switched with Placebo in a perfect world or something, I don't know. But I can't wait to see Crowded House in the environment you describe.

Also, did it look like people were throwing things into the crowd as the set progressed?

Quote Originally Posted by bballarl View Post
    Also, did it look like people were throwing things into the crowd as the set progressed?
    Yeah, starting with the a**hole security guards w/the yellow jackets on. At first they were emptying the water bottles into us, (I was in the front of the stage before CH), which was ok. But then they started throwing the actual bottles AT US, or so it seemed, so the crowd started throwing the bottles back.
    I even talked to a supervisor about the actions of a few of the knuckle headed security guards, and he ("Wes"), was just as big an a-hole as the bad guys.

Quote Originally Posted by ivankay View Post

QFT.

No, nowhere near all Rage fans. But there were a lot assholes around me who were not throwing water bottles or chanting "Rage! Rage! Rage!" making snide ass remarks like, "I wonder if they'll play half of A-Ha's music." It sucked to be surrounded by douchebags like that. What bothered me as much as the water bottle that pegged Neil Finn were the twenty or thirty people who were flipping them off.

It's now offically time for me to get over this.
    Quote Originally Posted by ByTheWay, View Post
    If anyone raped or molested my wife or child i'd off them myself so I guess it doesn't matter. If you don't feel those type of emotions in that situation then that is you and in my opinion makes you a twisted person from a twisted state (UTAH) if that is where your from!

Quote Originally Posted by sarochka1 View Post
    I have been waiting for ten years to see CH...
    hey soccer mom...

I'm glad I stayed back from the stage so I didn't have to see that, but obviously the band was seeing it, and I felt bad for them.
    the busy bee has no time for sorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by tibu1 View Post
    Yeah, starting with the a**hole security guards w/the yellow jackets on. At first they were emptying the water bottles into us, (I was in the front of the stage before CH), which was ok. But then they started throwing the actual bottles AT US, or so it seemed, so the crowd started throwing the bottles back.
    I even talked to a supervisor about the actions of a few of the knuckle headed security guards, and he ("Wes"), was just as big an a-hole as the bad guys.
    Uh...I don't see what the problem is here, when I was in front for EITS and Roots the idea of throwing water bottles into the crowd was to give people free water, which is actually to be admired at a festival where water was so expensive and they otherwise forced you to buy it or collect empty bottles in a plastic bag.

Quote Originally Posted by wmgaretjax View Post
    hey soccer mom...
    15 for me. Where's my geritol?
    If anyone raped or molested my wife or child i'd off them myself so I guess it doesn't matter. If you don't feel those type of emotions in that situation then that is you and in my opinion makes you a twisted person from a twisted state (UTAH) if that is where your from!

Quote Originally Posted by Yablonowitz View Post
    at your local suburban pharmacy. grab it on the way to Target.

and it's not so much about the age...as much as...yeah...the music.
    Last edited by wmgaretjax; 05-02-2007 at 10:39 AM.

Grab me some too, Yablo.

Also, like your comment about getting over this. Tough for me to do, knowing that I left Thursday, and they were playing later that night here in Tempe. I left thinking, "No problem, I'll see them on Sunday..."

Crowded House sounded great to me. I regret missing "Better Be Home Soon" to wait for Air when Air was so late.
    the busy bee has no time for sorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Crowded House sounded great to me. I regret missing "Better Be Home Soon" to wait for Air when Air was so late.
    You missed out about 20-30 people waving their hands in the air with their middle finger extended. But I'm totally over it.

at your local suburban pharmacy. grab it on the way to Target.

and it's not so much about the age...as much as...yeah...the music.
    Yeah, good songwriting is soooo 20 years ago.

This whole situation makes me very sad. People have no respect. People with any real love for music should at least be open-minded and respect other talented artists, whether its their preferred taste or otherwise. This is usually the cause of many arguements I have about Prince.
    http://www.myspace.com/caitapalooza
    WHITE CHICKS AND GANG SIGNS FTW

Quote Originally Posted by Senor Cardgage View Post
    Sadly, what I didnt know is that commie chicks = lack of grooming technology + panties made of burlap = Vagina Crimes Against Humanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Caitlin View Post
    This whole situation makes me very sad. People have no respect. People with any real love for music should at least be open-minded and respect other talented artists, whether its their preferred taste or otherwise. This is usually the cause of many arguements I have about Prince.
    I'm assuming you're pro-Prince. Anyone who would argue that Prince sucks is not worth you or your boob's time.

Yeah, good songwriting is soooo 20 years ago.
    Hey now, hey now
    Dont dream its over
    Hey now, hey now
    When the world comes in
    They come, they come
    To build a wall between us
    We know they wont win

Steven Spielberg is the world's greatest filmmaker too. I have four Thomas Kinkade prints. John Grisham is my hero.

I'm assuming you're pro-Prince. Anyone who would argue that Prince sucks is not worth you or your boob's time.
    VERY pro-Prince. My boobs and I agree.
    http://www.myspace.com/caitapalooza
    WHITE CHICKS AND GANG SIGNS FTW

Quote Originally Posted by Senor Cardgage View Post
    Sadly, what I didnt know is that commie chicks = lack of grooming technology + panties made of burlap = Vagina Crimes Against Humanity.

Banned

Hey now, hey now
    Dont dream its over
    Hey now, hey now
    When the world comes in
    They come, they come
    To build a wall between us
    We know they wont win

Steven Spielberg is the world's greatest filmmaker too. I have four Thomas Kinkade prints. John Grisham is my hero.
    Limp bizkit owns

Banned

Mic Check, Ha Aha
    I be the anti-myth rhythm rock shocker
    Mic Check, Ha Aha
    I be the anti-myth rhythm rock shocker, what?
    Mic Check, Ha Aha
    Mic Check, Ha Aha

Te te te te te Huh
    Back in

Quote Originally Posted by J~$$$ View Post
    Mic Check, Ha Aha
    Mic Check, Ha Aha
    Mic Check, Ha Aha
    Mic Check, Ha Aha

Te te te te te Huh
    Back in
    that can't be crowded house? who is it? I'm too lazy to google.

Banned

yeah.....just a comparison not that there should be.