Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Weekend 2 Boardie Roll Call

Default Re: Weekend 2 Boardie Roll Call

How about first section of benches next to the middle of the shaded are??

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

You all pull this off and realize how terrible each other are?

I was there at 230 and didn't find anyone. Maybe next time there should be a sign.

I tried to go but was tired af.

I was there and looked for gunz's blue pashmina. Found a woman with a similar scarf and asked if this was the meetup. They just laughed and said I was the second person to ask them that in 5 minutes and then proceeded to ask questions about what was going on. They left shortly after, probably to avoid more boardies. By this time my beer was gone and mitski was starting in under 10 minutes so I had to bounce. Maybe today we can work this out.

I'd be down to try again today.

I was there, but I guess I didn't hang up my scarf well enough. It was soooooo fucking hot. I walked around, but didn't see anybody I recognized. Bummer!! We were over by Trejo's tacos. I tried to get online to post in here, but my cell service was not cooperating. Sorry.

I spent ten minutes talking to random people. None were you apparently.

It sounds like there were coordination problems with board meetups both weekends. I think for next year the best thing to do is to pick a spot on the expanded fest grounds that didn't seem to be crowded in the early afternoon this year, make that a meeting spot for W1 and W2, and have a sign or something that is pretty conspicuous.
    Coachella '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12 W1, '13 W1&2, '14 W1, '15 W1&2, '16 W1 (maybe '19 W1)

I think I spent two minutes looking for anybody and quickly gave up. My motivation for anything productive has gone to shit this weekend. There's always next year!!

I didn't even make it inside until after 3.

I'm hanging in Sonora for the rest of Caveman, then Hinds.

So at least ten of us were there and never saw one another. That's pretty impressive

A couple of us found some of us...I remember there were about 7 or 8 of us and everyone had a beer except me, so I said "I'm gonna grab a drink, don't take the pic yet." Even offered to buy a round....I come back 3 min later and people are shaking hands walking away. We did take another shot w/ just 4 of us. Who has that pic???
    Quote Originally Posted by billtino View Post
    Class of 1999, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 W2, 2013 W1, 2014 W2, 2015 W2, 2016 W2, 2017 W2, 2018 W1

At least 11; I walked in a big circle for about 10-15 mins yelling "Where's my Boardies at??" getting weird looks from everyone. Eventually I gave up and sat next to a kickass lurker (sorry, don't remember your name! I suck at that stuff) and her husband. Had a lovely convo about the board and how fun/ruthless it is, then took off for Floating Points.

I feel like I might've been hanging beside KVNTY in the front for Floating Points though. At least I hope it was KVNTY, because that person ruled

I asked multiple groups if they were here for the boardie meet up and they just looked at me like I was some loser scum with no friends! I tried.

I asked one person if they were here for the board meet-up and it was OCBruin and SantaSutt overheard us. Billtino and Grischsgang joined in as well. It was incredibly lucky actually. It was awesome to meet and drink a beer or two with the other board members. There were two pictures taken. Thanks to Santasutt for the Treehouse beer, that was asweome.

Quote Originally Posted by rousse View Post
    At least 11; I walked in a big circle for about 10-15 mins yelling "Where's my Boardies at??" getting weird looks from everyone. Eventually I gave up and sat next to a kickass lurker (sorry, don't remember your name! I suck at that stuff) and her husband. Had a lovely convo about the board and how fun/ruthless it is, then took off for Floating Points.

I feel like I might've been hanging beside KVNTY in the front for Floating Points though. At least I hope it was KVNTY, because that person ruled
    That most definitely was me. What a blast! We MUST do it again.
    Quote Originally Posted by footixy View Post
    Girl, you can pound your vagina so hard in those the Sahara will feel a new kind of drop...
    Quote Originally Posted by mrhand View Post
    ... Keep fucking that chicken.
    Quote Originally Posted by fakekvnty View Post
    All you ladybois want inside this pink slip

Quote Originally Posted by rousse View Post

Lurker here....thanks for the awesome compliment! Had a great time talking with you as well. Turns out my husband and I caught Floating Points as well and I was pleasantly surprised. They didn't really speak to me via what I saw on the stream so I wasn't that interested, but since they were talked up on the boards I figured it was worth checking out. I am so glad we went. They were fantastic. My husband who is a huge Pink Floyd fan felt they were heavily influenced by them, so he was really digging them too.

I mentioned to you that as far the lineup was concerned I felt that this was not one of the better Coachella's for me. So, so wrong. One of the best. Every single set we went to was quality. Thought this may be last year too....I'll be buying pre-sale yet again.

Quote Originally Posted by stochasticism View Post
    I was there and looked for gunz's blue pashmina. Found a woman with a similar scarf and asked if this was the meetup. They just laughed and said I was the second person to ask them that in 5 minutes and then proceeded to ask questions about what was going on. They left shortly after, probably to avoid more boardies. By this time my beer was gone and mitski was starting in under 10 minutes so I had to bounce. Maybe today we can work this out.
    haha, I think I was the first.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Hey here's an idea. You know those people who are desperately poor, down on their luck, uneducated, abused, and generally ill-equipped for life? Let's make fun of them.

Quote Originally Posted by kvnty View Post
    That most definitely was me. What a blast! We MUST do it again.
    Quote Originally Posted by flimflam View Post
    Lurker here....thanks for the awesome compliment! Had a great time talking with you as well. Turns out my husband and I caught Floating Points as well and I was pleasantly surprised. They didn't really speak to me via what I saw on the stream so I wasn't that interested, but since they were talked up on the boards I figured it was worth checking out. I am so glad we went. They were fantastic. My husband who is a huge Pink Floyd fan felt they were heavily influenced by them, so he was really digging them too.

I mentioned to you that as far the lineup was concerned I felt that this was not one of the better Coachella's for me. So, so wrong. One of the best. Every single set we went to was quality. Thought this may be last year too....I'll be buying pre-sale yet again.
    YES!!! You folks were fantastic, really made my day

Sorry Billitino about the pic without you. Brain fart on our part. Here are the pics with and without you.

I have been to concerts. I will go to concerts in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by ocbruin84 View Post
    haha, I think I was the first.
    haha, I think I saw you talking to them that's why I wandered over there. I remember a hat and like a yellow bandana underneath it or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthBater View Post
    Thanks to Santasutt for the Treehouse beer, that was asweome.
    Yeah I was able to import 2 out of the 3 days. Sunday was No Fun Day at Checkpoint Charlie.

You earned it,man, albeit 2 years ago. Great hanging with you and your wife.
    Quote Originally Posted by MotorAve View Post
    Careful, while the threats are amusingly clueless, I could probably have this whole board shut down with one phone call.
    Quote Originally Posted by WhyTheLongFace View Post
    2. Migos- The new Beatles.

A couple of us found some of us...I remember there were about 7 or 8 of us and everyone had a beer except me, so I said "I'm gonna grab a drink, don't take the pic yet." Even offered to buy a round....I come back 3 min later and people are shaking hands walking away. We did take another shot w/ just 4 of us. Who has that pic???
    We all forgot to take our Alzheimers meds that day.

Great meeting you man, I should have taken you up on that beer!
    Quote Originally Posted by MotorAve View Post
    Careful, while the threats are amusingly clueless, I could probably have this whole board shut down with one phone call.
    Quote Originally Posted by WhyTheLongFace View Post
    2. Migos- The new Beatles.

Quote Originally Posted by grichsgang View Post
    Sorry Billitino about the pic without you. Brain fart on our part. Here are the pics with and without you.

Awesome! We officially did beat week 1's quartet at the unicorn monster thing. lolz...just barely!
    Class of 1999, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 W2, 2013 W1, 2014 W2, 2015 W2, 2016 W2, 2017 W2, 2018 W1

Quote Originally Posted by santasutt View Post
    Now can we get marytakespictures to bring a nice camera?
    I JUST saw this. I'm the worst. Didn't make it into the festival until later in the afternoon Saturday anyways. I also leave my nice camera at home for Coachella but always have a disposable 35mm on hand! Hopefully next year will go a bit smoother and I can join the gang!
    '08 | '10 | '11 | '12 | '13.1 | '14.2 | '15.2 | '16.2 | '17.2