Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Weekend 1 Boardie Roll Call

Default Re: Weekend 1 Boardie Roll Call

11th consecutive. (2007 seems like a common gateway to many)
    Quote Originally Posted by dj12inches View Post
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice...Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir.

Quote Originally Posted by PlayaDelWes View Post
    11th consecutive. (2007 seems like a common gateway to many)
    Yeah, a lot more people started in 2007 than I thought.
    My old account "Mikey1313666" is down for whatever reason.

Mine is non consecutive. 2006-2017 I missed 2011

I started in '05, and missed '09. Crazy how much has changed since then.

2009 is still one of my all time faves. Sad to have missed 07 but happy I started in 06 back when it was still just two days haha
    COACHELLA 2006
    09 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

Quote Originally Posted by sbessiso View Post
    2009 is still one of my all time faves.
    2009 is my favorite, seeing as it started my love for Coachella.
    Coachella 09, 10, 11, 12(WK1), 13(WK2), 14(WK2), 15(WK1), 16(WK1), 17(WK1), 18(WK1)

It's all about the music.

Quote Originally Posted by braundiggity View Post
    I started in '05, and missed '09. Crazy how much has changed since then.
    Oh man 09 was one of the best, as it was the last year before the fest really started to see massive changes.

I started going in 2010... are you trying to say that I am one of the massive changes to Coachella? well, I am flattered.
    10' - 11' - 12' W2 - 13' W1 - 14' W1 - 15' W1 - 16' W1 - 17' W1

You're not on the lineup no one wants to see u dj. Stop. Especially if you're going to play Calvin Harris u fuckin knob... - Reeber

RESPECT THE FORMULA - Guedita

Ugh I was supposed to go in 07 and 08 but opted to stay in Santa Barbara to get drunk. Mistaaaaakes

9/6: The War on Drugs, Land of Talk @ The Paramount

2007, 2010, and 2013 were probably my least favorite years

Quote Originally Posted by M0D3Z View Post
    I started going in 2010... are you trying to say that I am one of the massive changes to Coachella? well, I am flattered.
    Well, 2010 still had that older feel until the fuck ton of people crashed the fence. Honestly I didn't really care too much, as 2010 was also one of my favorite Coachellas ever, but that's definitely when certain shifts began.

Disagree. You could feel the shitshow of 2010 almost immediately when you got to camp and saw less (or moved around so not as convenient) bathrooms and showers. Plus the actual campground was so smushed together with people.

There were just so many people that year and it felt like the fest didnt do much to accommodate that. Even before all the gate crashers
    COACHELLA 2006

People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

Yeah the camping was by far the worst part about 2010. The shower thing was ridiculous and inexcusable. It was just a non stop suck train in and out of the festival

And then also my mom died so I had to leave Saturday morning of 2010. Friday night was still awesome but yeah 2010 SUCKED.
    COACHELLA 2006

2010 had some amazing sets, but was by far the worst-run the festival has ever been. But on the flip side, I think 2011 might've been the best-run, including the Creator's Project partnership.

Yeahhh that crazy moving led cube mainstage was bananas
    COACHELLA 2006

Didn't it break after the first day? Looking back, I really regret not going in 2011

I don't think so. It definitely worked Saturday, they used it right before Animal Collective.

Quote Originally Posted by slinkybutt View Post
    Didn't it break after the first day? Looking back, I really regret not going in 2011
    It was a great festival that year. My second-favorite behind 2009.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

2011 was awesome.

Maybe it was because I did Weekend 2 instead of Weekend 1, but last year felt like the most seamlessly well run the festival has ever been by a landslide. We didn't wait for anything, everything ran perfectly, the crowds never felt too awful (even in the main stage beer garden). I was really impressed.

I'm in for my 9th year! Can't wait to be back on the fields
    Coachella '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14(W1&W2), '15, '16, '17
    Outside Lands '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16, '17
    Primavera Sound Barcelona '14, '16
    Mad Cool Madrid '18

Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    2011 was awesome.

Maybe it was because I did Weekend 2 instead of Weekend 1, but last year felt like the most seamlessly well run the festival has ever been by a landslide. We didn't wait for anything, everything ran perfectly, the crowds never felt too awful (even in the main stage beer garden). I was really impressed.
    I was W1 last year and generally agree (though I'd say the same of the last few years), aside from one truly atrocious bathroom experience. They've really got it down these days.

10th year in a row, 11th time (Did both weekends in 2014) - gotta echo sentiments on 2011, my second favorite year after 2008 - not because of any one performance but just the front to back solidness of the whole thing - the super early morning indie sets from the likes of The Love Language, Good Old War, Phosphorescent, Twin Shadow, Menomena, Black Joe Lewis And The Honeybears, Mariachi El Bronx, Delorean, Trampled By Turtles, Rural Alberta Advantage had the highest average quality of any year I've attended - Then Saturday overall was just fantastic, with Tallest Man On Earth into Foal's best set they've ever played at Coachella into a so perfect at that moment Broken Social Scene set into a near religious experience of an Elbow set with One Day Like This just as the sun was setting into that so memorable Arcade Fire Ballloon drop set - if it weren't for Animal Collective's absolute turd of a show that I sat through in it's entirety that day would have been just about perfect.

Throw in other winning higher billed sets from the likes of Warpaint, Cut Copy, Robyn, PJ Harvey, Wire, The London Suede, Big Audio Dynamite, Off!, Erykah Badu, Lauryn Hill, the abbreviated Cee Lo and Chemical Brothers sets, not to mentioned Kanye - yeah, only my Coachella newbie experience of 2008 rates higher for me.
    Last edited by IlliniQ; 04-03-2017 at 01:57 PM.
    Radiohead - The Xx - Father John Misty - Bonobo - DJ Shadow - Guided By Voices - Preservation Hall Jazz Band - King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard - The Interrupters - Klangstof

Beyonce - Bon Iver - Nicholas Jarr - Tycho - Four Tet - The Avalanches - Banks & Steelz - Car Seat Headrest - Mitski - Floating Points

Kendrick Lamar - New Order - Future Islands - Hans Zimmer - Toots & The Maytals - Devendra Banhart - Lee Fields & The Expresions - Whitney - Preoccupations - Hinds - Ezra Furman - Pond

It's funny since everybody was so lukewarm on the 2011 lineup when it came out.

2011 it sold out after about a week didn't it? Everyone was like this is insane!

Before that I was accustomed to a stress free purchase at anytime and knowing it was a great value.

I never really understood why people were meh on that lineup. There are as many names in the top four lines of each day that I'd kill to see as there are on many entire Coachella lineups, and that's not even counting the undercard at all.

I started in 2006. Depeche Mode & Madonna convinced me to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Quote Originally Posted by braundiggity View Post
    I never really understood why people were meh on that lineup. There are as many names in the top four lines of each day that I'd kill to see as there are on many entire Coachella lineups, and that's not even counting the undercard at all.
    As always, I think the Coachella lineups look genius after the festival is finished even if they look weak at the beginning.

Nobody knew what Kanye was going to do because he didn't have a tour, Chem Bros people thought would be a standard set inside the Sahara instead of a main stage spectacle, the balls added a ton to Arcade Fire (not to mention the other Creator's Project sets), Kings of Leon was the headliner everybody was dreading, etc.

For example, Kendrick seemed like a rehash when the lineup came out this year, and we'll have a new album in a few days. Justice seemed like rehash also coming off an awful album, but everybody has been raving about the live shows. In 2015, The Weeknd seemed like a weak sub, and then released that monster of an album and had a billion #1 records. Sia's show was totally unexpected also.

Coachella is always the strongest lineup of the NA majors when everything plays out. It's just that sometimes it seems lackluster when it first comes out because the pieces aren't all put together yet. Think that's what happened in 2011.

I started in 2001, lured by Chemical Brothers, Fatboy Slim, Sigur Ros, The Orb, Roni Size and the Dandy Warhols to fly cross-country. I remember getting off the freeway and traffic being backed up, obviously way less than now, and locals asking me what was going on that would cause so much traffic.

I started in 2006, decided to drive out from New Mexico after watching the Coachella movie in our local movie theater (shocking they showed it), and this is my 12th consecutive year, haven't missed one, all weekend 1! Coming out with the wifey and a bunch of friends.
    Coachella 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016

3.14-18 SXSW
    4.14-16 Coachella
    -----
    http://www.last.fm/user/djoz187
    [url]https://twitter.com/djoz18[url]
    https://instagram.com/djoz187