Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 449

Thread: WAIT--WAIT---KENDRICK LAMAR IS HEADLINING COACHELLA

  1. #61

    Default Re: WAIT--WAIT---KENDRICK LAMAR IS HEADLINING COACHELLA

    Lol lemme guess your number 1 is GZA

  2. #62
    DJ SallyBear sbessiso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    SF
    Posts
    28,013

    Default Re: WAIT--WAIT---KENDRICK LAMAR IS HEADLINING COACHELLA

    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Fuck. I'm excited for this set.



    He is so fucking sexy and this new song is FANTASTIC
    COACHELLA 2006
    08
    09 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17


    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

  3. #63

    Default Re: WAIT--WAIT---KENDRICK LAMAR IS HEADLINING COACHELLA

    first off gza is a fking genius! seriously, there's a lot better rappers out there.

  4. #64

    Default Re: WAIT--WAIT---KENDRICK LAMAR IS HEADLINING COACHELLA

    Name names

  5. #65

    Default Re: WAIT--WAIT---KENDRICK LAMAR IS HEADLINING COACHELLA

    lol, the same guy who said he's not influence by mainstream crap says that Kendrick is the best rapper alive... hmmm, i'm sure it's just a coincidence.

  6. #66

    Default Re: WAIT--WAIT---KENDRICK LAMAR IS HEADLINING COACHELLA

    I'd love for both of y'all to post list so we can all mock them endlessly

  7. #67

    Default Re: WAIT--WAIT---KENDRICK LAMAR IS HEADLINING COACHELLA

    Y'all the type of motherfuckers to be at a party in 2017 and put on Dance With the Devil to "show what real hip hop is"

  8. #68

    Default Re: WAIT--WAIT---KENDRICK LAMAR IS HEADLINING COACHELLA

    Quote Originally Posted by slinkybutt View Post
    I'd love for both of y'all to post list so we can all mock them endlessly
    Yeah, i'm sure that's why you asked... not cause you really want to know who others think could be better than the almighty Kendrick Lamar, but just so you can say none of them are. Yeah, no thanks, rather not waste my time.

    Tell you what, you give 5-10 of your top rappers and I'll do the same.

  9. #69

    Default Re: WAIT--WAIT---KENDRICK LAMAR IS HEADLINING COACHELLA

    It's just kdot and Jody highroller for me, boss

  10. #70

    Default Re: WAIT--WAIT---KENDRICK LAMAR IS HEADLINING COACHELLA

    I thought you had the list? Let's see it.

  11. #71
    Coachella Junkie WhyTheLongFace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    San Gabriel
    Posts
    12,079

    Default Re: WAIT--WAIT---KENDRICK LAMAR IS HEADLINING COACHELLA

    Greatest rapper alive.
    "HIGH END RAP MUSIC! GHETTO STADIUM SHIT! THEY AIN'T WANT US AT THE FESTIVALS
    NOW WE WILL RUN THEM!"
    -Some Guy

  12. #72

    Default Re: WAIT--WAIT---KENDRICK LAMAR IS HEADLINING COACHELLA

    naw

  13. #73

    Default Re: WAIT--WAIT---KENDRICK LAMAR IS HEADLINING COACHELLA

    Kendrick is the best rapper alive. I like Kanye more as an artist, but Kendrick is obviously the better rapper.

    People that were in their primes 20 years ago are not in consideration for best rapper alive.

  14. #74

    Default Re: WAIT--WAIT---KENDRICK LAMAR IS HEADLINING COACHELLA

    What constitutes "their prime?" Do rappers really lose talent as they get older? or could it just be cuz they're not played on the radio all the time anymore and you don't hear about them as much?

    also Kanye? Really? lmao
    Last edited by TheBlueBus; 03-31-2017 at 08:52 AM.

  15. #75
    Coachella Junkie WhyTheLongFace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    San Gabriel
    Posts
    12,079

    Default Re: WAIT--WAIT---KENDRICK LAMAR IS HEADLINING COACHELLA

    Dog you didn't come in here for a discussion. You just told someone to chill on calling the greatest rapper alive the greatest rapper alive in a thread getting excited for the greatest rapper alive.

    If you're not giving us your top 5 just leave cause you're not gonna get anywhere
    "HIGH END RAP MUSIC! GHETTO STADIUM SHIT! THEY AIN'T WANT US AT THE FESTIVALS
    NOW WE WILL RUN THEM!"
    -Some Guy

  16. #76
    Member rafinha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Los Feliz
    Posts
    341

    Default Re: WAIT--WAIT---KENDRICK LAMAR IS HEADLINING COACHELLA

    Did Nas die?

  17. #77

    Default Re: WAIT--WAIT---KENDRICK LAMAR IS HEADLINING COACHELLA

    I don't know what the fk you're talking about. I simply said my opinion that's it. Dude is not the greatest rapper alive imo. Not even close. You want to think he is, cool.
    And that song sucks balls.

  18. #78
    old school GolfWang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    SFV
    Posts
    2,527

    Default Re: WAIT--WAIT---KENDRICK LAMAR IS HEADLINING COACHELLA

    Quote Originally Posted by rafinha View Post
    Did Nas die?
    yes

  19. #79

    Default Re: WAIT--WAIT---KENDRICK LAMAR IS HEADLINING COACHELLA

    Quote Originally Posted by rafinha View Post
    Did Nas die?
    I guess... along with any other rapper who hasn't "blown up" in the last 5 yrs or so.

  20. #80
    Coachella Junkie WhyTheLongFace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    San Gabriel
    Posts
    12,079

    Default Re: WAIT--WAIT---KENDRICK LAMAR IS HEADLINING COACHELLA

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBlueBus View Post
    I don't know what the fk you're talking about. I simply said my opinion that's it. Dude is not the greatest rapper alive imo. Not even close. You want to think he is, cool.
    And that song sucks balls.
    Then someone asked you who is? A valid question, superiority in hip hop is a heated discussion with alternate views. You replied "How long of a list we wanted?" Effectively ending any positive conversation that could have arose. Aka you just wanted to throw shade on this beautiful Friday but you can't. Bitch sit down, be humble.
    "HIGH END RAP MUSIC! GHETTO STADIUM SHIT! THEY AIN'T WANT US AT THE FESTIVALS
    NOW WE WILL RUN THEM!"
    -Some Guy

  21. #81

    Default Re: WAIT--WAIT---KENDRICK LAMAR IS HEADLINING COACHELLA

    Quote Originally Posted by WhyTheLongFace View Post
    Then someone asked you who is? A valid question, superiority in hip hop is a heated discussion with alternate views. You replied "How long of a list we wanted?" Effectively ending any positive conversation that could have arose. Aka you just wanted to throw shade on this beautiful Friday but you can't. Bitch sit down, be humble.
    First off, the list I said wan't meant to discredit KL, but saying I could come up with a bunch of artists. You're right, hip hop dose have alternate views. Kendrick is actually one newer school rapper who I think can legitimately rhyme. He's not a bs trap rapper or anything. But the best? hell naw... and that's just imo. I never said anything about anyone who liked him.
    Second, it's not a beautiful Fri... it's raining like a MF over here. Either way, i'm not throwing shade on anyone's day.
    And lastly, stop quoting that dumbass song. The beat is crap, and Kendrick's flow in it is one of his weaker.

  22. #82

    Default Re: WAIT--WAIT---KENDRICK LAMAR IS HEADLINING COACHELLA

    Okay Ill give my list.
    It goes:

    Reggie
    Jay-Z
    Tupac
    Biggie
    Andre from Outkast
    Jadakiss
    Kurupt
    Nas
    Eminem

    Whats yours?

  23. #83

    Default Re: WAIT--WAIT---KENDRICK LAMAR IS HEADLINING COACHELLA

    Quote Originally Posted by gam3g3ni3 View Post
    Okay Ill give my list.
    It goes:

    Reggie
    Jay-Z
    Tupac
    Biggie
    Andre from Outkast
    Jadakiss
    Kurupt
    Nas
    Eminem

    Whats yours?
    well played... and THAT song is MY type of hip hop. Hard ass beat, sick bars, tight hook...

  24. #84
    Coachella Junkie WhyTheLongFace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    San Gabriel
    Posts
    12,079

    Default Re: WAIT--WAIT---KENDRICK LAMAR IS HEADLINING COACHELLA

    Quote Originally Posted by gam3g3ni3 View Post
    Okay Ill give my list.
    It goes:

    Reggie
    Jay-Z
    Tupac
    Biggie
    Andre from Outkast
    Jadakiss
    Kurupt
    Nas
    Eminem

    Whats yours?

    2 of those people aren't alive but I'll bite

    All time: 2pac, Nas, Cam'ron, Jay-Z, Kanye, Andre 3K, Eminem, Scarface, Ice Cube, DMX
    Currenty: Kendrick, Vince Staples, Future, Danny Brown, Chance the Rapper, Schoolboy Q, Rick Ross, Nipsey Hussle, Mykki Blanco, Offset
    "HIGH END RAP MUSIC! GHETTO STADIUM SHIT! THEY AIN'T WANT US AT THE FESTIVALS
    NOW WE WILL RUN THEM!"
    -Some Guy

  25. #85

    Default Re: WAIT--WAIT---KENDRICK LAMAR IS HEADLINING COACHELLA

    Quote Originally Posted by WhyTheLongFace View Post
    2 of those people aren't alive but I'll bite

    All time: 2pac, Nas, Cam'ron, Jay-Z, Kanye, Andre 3K, Eminem, Scarface, Ice Cube, DMX
    Currenty: Kendrick, Vince Staples, Future, Danny Brown, Chance the Rapper, Schoolboy Q, Rick Ross, Nipsey Hussle, Mykki Blanco, Offset
    That was just a quote for Em's song "Til I Collapse"

    Serious question though... why are those who are alive in your "all-time" list not are your "current" list? Many of them, if not all, still drop music. Is it really just not good music anymore?

  26. #86

    Default Re: WAIT--WAIT---KENDRICK LAMAR IS HEADLINING COACHELLA

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBlueBus View Post
    First off, the list I said wan't meant to discredit KL, but saying I could come up with a bunch of artists. You're right, hip hop dose have alternate views. Kendrick is actually one newer school rapper who I think can legitimately rhyme. He's not a bs trap rapper or anything. But the best? hell naw... and that's just imo. I never said anything about anyone who liked him.
    Second, it's not a beautiful Fri... it's raining like a MF over here. Either way, i'm not throwing shade on anyone's day.
    And lastly, stop quoting that dumbass song. The beat is crap, and Kendrick's flow in it is one of his weaker.
    You almost had it. MF DOOM might actually be the best rapper alive.

  27. #87

    Default Re: WAIT--WAIT---KENDRICK LAMAR IS HEADLINING COACHELLA

    Quote Originally Posted by WhyTheLongFace View Post
    2 of those people aren't alive but I'll bite

    All time: 2pac, Nas, Cam'ron, Jay-Z, Kanye, Andre 3K, Eminem, Scarface, Ice Cube, DMX
    Currenty: Kendrick, Vince Staples, Future, Danny Brown, Chance the Rapper, Schoolboy Q, Rick Ross, Nipsey Hussle, Mykki Blanco, Offset
    Earl is better than most of your current list.

    and holy shit no Biggie.
    Last edited by GlitterFart; 03-31-2017 at 09:43 AM.

  28. #88
    Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    11,086

    Default Re: WAIT--WAIT---KENDRICK LAMAR IS HEADLINING COACHELLA

    Quote Originally Posted by ElDuderino99 View Post
    That was just a quote for Em's song "Til I Collapse"

    Serious question though... why are those who are alive in your "all-time" list not are your "current" list? Many of them, if not all, still drop music. Is it really just not good music anymore?
    Whoosh

    April 24 - Queens of the Stone Age
    April 26-28 - Levitation

  29. #89
    Coachella Junkie WhyTheLongFace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    San Gabriel
    Posts
    12,079

    Default Re: WAIT--WAIT---KENDRICK LAMAR IS HEADLINING COACHELLA

    Quote Originally Posted by ElDuderino99 View Post
    That was just a quote for Em's song "Til I Collapse"

    Serious question though... why are those who are alive in your "all-time" list not are your "current" list? Many of them, if not all, still drop music. Is it really just not good music anymore?
    Of my all time list here is their last great album: Dead since 96, Life is Good (2012), Killa Season (2006), Watch The Throne (2011), Watch the Throne (2011), Love Below (2003), The Eminem Show (2002), Made (2007), Raw Footage (2008) The Great Depression (2001).

    So outside of Nas none of my top 10 have made a great album in 7 years. They've all made enough classics to be cemented in Hip Hop legacy and their reign shouldn't be tainted with the mass talent and skill they have. But if I haven't loved anything you've done in 7 years it' hard for me to call you the greatest alive.

    Also Earl is insanely dope on a technical level and I'm a fan but I still want more. I still believe he can take that next step and drop a classic.
    "HIGH END RAP MUSIC! GHETTO STADIUM SHIT! THEY AIN'T WANT US AT THE FESTIVALS
    NOW WE WILL RUN THEM!"
    -Some Guy

  30. #90
    old school ods..'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    HK - LV - LA
    Posts
    5,885

    Default Re: WAIT--WAIT---KENDRICK LAMAR IS HEADLINING COACHELLA

    This thread was such a beautiful love fest and then descended into what this forum does best.

    So stoked ya'll; Humble slaps

Similar Threads

  1. KENDRICK LAMAR
    By eacosta1789 in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-25-2015, 07:44 PM
  2. Kendrick Lamar?
    By MHSBruin in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-10-2015, 02:50 PM
  3. No Kendrick Lamar
    By waterandcoffee in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 01-27-2013, 03:54 PM
  4. Kendrick Lamar
    By GodBlessCalifornia in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-15-2012, 12:56 PM
  5. Kendrick Lamar
    By The Creeper in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-26-2011, 07:58 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •