Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Riot in campground?

Default Riot in campground?

Hey I heard there was a riot in the campgrounds on Saturday night (Sunday morning)....got a vague text message but no dirt. Anyone know what happened?
    Quote Originally Posted by RandyInHeaven View Post
    Devin - how does it feel to know that there are still more women in the world that would fuck me at this very moment than would fuck you?

Default Re: Riot in campground?

I dunno about riot, but there were a bunch of dumbfucks (and by bunch I mean a fuckload) who were - I kid you not - doing a drum circle while shouting Rage lyrics. Frickin ghey if you ask me. This was till all hours of the morning, way past noise curfew. I got no sleep whatsoever. A couple times a police chopper hovered over, blaring "Disperse immediately or you WILL be arrested. This is your first and only warning." Note I said a couple times, so obviously they weren't serious, which was really awesome. I'm sure it just emboldened the douchebags coz they kept it going til sunup without penalty.

After no sleep, my GF and I said fuckit and bailed, packing up the tent and sleeping in a parking lot someplace in La Quinta after breakfast. We were gonna sleep here tonight, but after this wonderful example of campsite management by... nobody, I guess, I figure we'll sleep better in a parking lot somewhere.

WTG, guys. Maybe you should practice herding kittens before you try to manage a campsite with thousands of fucked up twats in the mix.

christ, sorry that sucks. She did say something about helicopters at 3am; must have been what she was talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by RandyInHeaven View Post
    Devin - how does it feel to know that there are still more women in the world that would fuck me at this very moment than would fuck you?

I heard it was a bunch of Canadians...

Blame Canada.

And this, this is why I loathe Rage Against the Machine. I see the immature fanbase hasn't changed at all in the past 10 years.
    2004-2005-2006-2008-2012b-2013a-2014a-2016a-2017a-2019a
    Jamiroquai-St. Vincent-The War on Drugs-Soulwax-JMJ-The Neighbourhood-Dreams-Perfume Genius-Greta Van Fleet-Carpenter Brut-Slow Magic
    Beyoncé-David Byrne-Nile Rodgers & CHIC-BØRNS-Angel Olsen-Jungle-MØ-Tash Sultana-Alvvays-X Japan-Yaeji-Sir Sly-Hundred Waters
    Eminem-ODESZA-Portugal. the Man-A Perfect Circle-Petit Biscuit-AURORA-Nothing But Thieves-Kölsch-Japanese Breakfast

instagram

Yeah, the frathole contingent was unfortunate. At leas the Gothies were in absentia this year.
    Just Say No to eurotrash nonsense. Rock n' roll will set you free.

Banned

Yeah. Sucks for the scavenger hunt.

I heard all kind of embellishments about rubber bullets, and the actual "ring leaders" of the thing getting folded up by the coppers. Any truth to that? It was Canadians telling the story in the shower line ... and they were well detailed accounts, so I took it as somewhat true.

I slept through it.

E

There wasnt a riot, but when I was leaving the riot police had just got there. I think it was more of a just in case deal.

The drum circle on Sunday was fun, but idiots had to ruin it by starting fires.

Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    The drum circle on Sunday was fun, but idiots had to ruin it by starting fires.
    what? man i slept through all of this. The helicopter, the fires, the drum circle.

Quote Originally Posted by summerkid View Post
    what? man i slept through all of this. The helicopter, the fires, the drum circle.
    me too, i just remember the impeach protest on sunday around noon

There was no riot, but the staff couldn't break it up (try telling that many drunk rage fans to be quiet and go to sleep) and they had been trying since 2am. i was told by one staff member to be careful as a bunch of police would soon be coming in, and about 10 minutes later they did. I don't believe they ever actually entered the camp ground but they did have their riot gear on and were lined up on the other side of the fence in the back of the grounds where this was all happening. In a genius move, 1 police helicopter came and told everyone to disperse which woke a bunch of other people up and brought them to the scene to see what was going on. Finally the staff made a deal with the police to let them party it out in that area and just wait for them to get tired and the police started to leave (at which point I went over to the fence where they were leaving). Some rage fans were talking to a couple cops and the cops were bring very friendly (as were they rage fans I was near). Only one or two guys got arrested in the end, no rubber bullets were fired, and things got a bit quieter after 5-5:30m-ish. I've got some pics and video I'll post later

The whole thing was an amazing display of retardation.

My favorite part certainly had to be everyone singing to the cops in riot gear, I believe the playlist included "Hey Jude" "Why Can't We Be Friends" and "O, Canada"

I would love to see video clips- there sure as hell were TONS of cameras rolling.

There were like 30 fucking cruisers out lol.

Heres a tip so we don't have to worry about this curfew shit, GV: you have a shit load of field space, make an empty area for campers to gather/chill/jam/whatever past 2am,
    Last edited by Daft Fro; 04-30-2007 at 02:33 PM.

The murder capital where we murder for capital

Is this an all inclusive Rage retardation thread?

I overheard the shower truck drivers discussing the Saturday night debauchery. Something about one of the main idiots actually getting tazered near the porta potties? I woudln't know though I was asleep.

How about the asshole fans who climbed the soundboard? Nice work spiderman. All three douchebags came down uninjurded. Just before rage started the video screens showed a huge fight breaking out right in front of the stage.

I was there. Its true.

Sublime songs and Rage songs and dickbag idiots.
    This sig sponsored by Menocu® buttplugs.Menocu® butplugs are the only buttplugs Wykked Sceptre uses.

Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post
    Is this an all inclusive Rage retardation thread?

I overheard the shower truck drivers discussing the Saturday night debauchery. Something about one of the main idiots actually getting tazered near the porta potties? I woudln't know though I was asleep.

How about the asshole fans who climbed the soundboard? Nice work spiderman. All three douchebags came down uninjurded. Just before rage started the video screens showed a huge fight breaking out right in front of the stage.
    I also heard the guy that got arrested was tazered when he tried to climb the fence toward the police or something, but I didnt see it so I didn't want to embellish

Quote Originally Posted by Daft Fro View Post
    There were like 30 fucking cruisers out lol.

Heres a tip so we don't have to worry about this curfew shit, GV: you have a shit load of field space, make an empty area for campers to gather/chill/jam/whatever past 2am,
    Yeah. I think we definitely need a "quiet" section of the campground for people who actually want to sleep. I think I got a total of maybe 12 hours sleep from Thursday night to Monday morning. I got the most sleep Friday night because there were no riots/singalongs/helicopters. We did stay up and chat Sunday night which was fun, but the other nights we really wanted to get some sleep.
    I miss talking to TomAz.

We all do. I live in the same city as him (unless he relocated) and rumor has it that at 3:15am if you listen closely and its really really quiet you can hear him telling you to go fuck yourself.

Were it not for the awesome Maté they had over in Panasiantown, I would have been pissed that I never got more than 4 hours sleep.

Seriously guys, that shit is GOLD. Powered me up all weekend long
    This sig sponsored by Menocu® buttplugs.Menocu® butplugs are the only buttplugs Wykked Sceptre uses.

Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Yeah. I think we definitely need a "quiet" section of the campground for people who actually want to sleep. I think I got a total of maybe 12 hours sleep from Thursday night to Monday morning. I got the most sleep Friday night because there were no riots/singalongs/helicopters. We did stay up and chat Sunday night which was fun, but the other nights we really wanted to get some sleep.
    I completely agree, those assholes really needed to shut the fuck up. After only getting 2 hours sleep a night for two nights, my girlfriend and I had to drive 12 hours home today, and she kept almost nodding off. She finally broke down about 5am this morning and decided to stop trying to sleep, and just pack and leave, instead of having breakfast with some friends we rarely get to see.

Friday was chill. I don't have a problem with people making noise until 2am, but after that they need to stop being so fucking stupid and selfish, and shut up!

Quote Originally Posted by DredheadV2.0 View Post
    I dunno about riot, but there were a bunch of dumbfucks (and by bunch I mean a fuckload) who were - I kid you not - doing a drum circle while shouting Rage lyrics. Frickin ghey if you ask me. This was till all hours of the morning, way past noise curfew. I got no sleep whatsoever. A couple times a police chopper hovered over, blaring "Disperse immediately or you WILL be arrested. This is your first and only warning." Note I said a couple times, so obviously they weren't serious, which was really awesome. I'm sure it just emboldened the douchebags coz they kept it going til sunup without penalty.

After no sleep, my GF and I said fuckit and bailed, packing up the tent and sleeping in a parking lot someplace in La Quinta after breakfast. We were gonna sleep here tonight, but after this wonderful example of campsite management by... nobody, I guess, I figure we'll sleep better in a parking lot somewhere.

WTG, guys. Maybe you should practice herding kittens before you try to manage a campsite with thousands of fucked up twats in the mix.
    I camped with my wife our first 4 years going (at Lake Cahuilla) and had a similar incident, which is why we now get a hotel in Palm Springs. It is more expensive, and a little bit of a drive, but so unbelievably worth it.

I really feel for you and totally understand. Hope it's better next year.

Get some sleep!
    "Yeah chicks go nuts for that... the male camel toe."
    "Yea yea! The camel tail."

Member John Peel is My Co-pilot's Avatar

That warm bed and shower in the Palm Desert hotel room now seems like money very well spent!
    A teenage dream, so hard to beat...

Sleeping pills & ear plugs are necessary for camping. I got enough sleep to drive back safely to Sacramento

essentially a bunch of fucking tools trying to rebel purely for the sake of rebellion and not any real cause

you know, they see cops come out - and its all FUCK AUTHORITY RARGGG without any brains about it

Stop blaming all Canadians or all Rage fans! Fortunately, got at least average of 5 hours sleep @ campsite despite being awaken on first night évery 2 hours due to insane noise. I'm just used to noise and I can sleep anywhere if I'm so tired. I've awaken by that chopper and by loud Oasis sing-along @ 6 am something. One Rage fan told me police made a threat which they ignored that Rage show will be cancelled. Stories of clothes etc. during bonfire on early morning after Rage show. Everyone's festival highlights and those retards were the talk of the camp, in shower lines, internet cafe and at the airport. The harmless screaming and shouting everywhere (day or night by both Rage and non-Rage fans). It was funny when small started screaming about nothing then another group who heard it will also until it reverberates or all rowdy campers do it.

Earplugs and alcohol. Knocked me the fuck out both Saturday and Sunday nights.

i worked every night in the camp sight general store from midnight until noon and that "riot" was the best thing to help me stay awake on saturday. it's coachella, we're all supposed to have fun. more seriously, a girl was hit by a truck in the camp ground last night. does anyone know if she's okay?

Quote Originally Posted by loser999 View Post
    i worked every night in the camp sight general store from midnight until noon and that "riot" was the best thing to help me stay awake on saturday. it's coachella, we're all supposed to have fun. more seriously, a girl was hit by a truck in the camp ground last night. does anyone know if she's okay?

i saw her getting treatment from the medics. they got her in the ambulance pretty quick. a little while later there was a helicopter heading towards the campsite and everyone thought it was the ghetto bird again. it was actually a life flight helicopter picking the girl up in a field nearby. this means that she was either in really unstable condition, or that the closest trauma center is really far away.

it would be nice to know how she's doing. this was the last experience i had at the show/campground. it was a long, dreary drive home...

I am so angry I had to leave right after rage and missed all of this. And I was so exhausted Saturday night/Sunday morning, that I knocked out and went staright to sleep. The only "bizarre" thing I remember in the campgrounds- and this happened all three nights (especially on Saturrday) were people randomly cheering and screaming for no odd reason. And I was tired and wanted sleep, but enjoyed it nonetheless, becuase I knew i would get sleep anyways due to standing for hours and being tired.

hey the cheering both saturday and sunday was awesome

the weirdest thing i saw was the tip-stealer on monday morning
    as predicted by nostradamus