Page 95 of 130 FirstFirst ... 90919293949596979899100 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,850 of 3881

Thread: The REAL Coachella 2018 Rumors/Confirmations Thread

Default Re: The REAL Coachella 2018 Rumors/Confirmations Thread

The Killers
    Beyonce
    The Weeknd/Chainsmokers

would be worth it just for the mass hysteria on these boards.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by Joyrider View Post
    The Killers
    Beyonce
    The Weeknd/Chainsmokers

would be worth it just for the mass hysteria on these boards.
    For sure - it would mean Brandon Flowers has cloned himself and thus can play shows in New Zealand April 20, 21, and 24 and Indio, CA on April 22. Would cause some hysteria.

Coachella Junkie WhyTheLongFace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joyrider View Post
    Attachment 14383

New Corona Capital festival in Guadalajara, Mexico, April 8th.
    1) I like the Killers (my first Coachella headliner I saw) but I seriously don't get how they are still this big.
    2) I would be down for some Alanis.
    3) Not seeing Jamiroquai makes me nervous since he's played Mexico in recent years and would make sense to do a mini NA festival tour.
    "HIGH END RAP MUSIC! GHETTO STADIUM SHIT! THEY AIN'T WANT US AT THE FESTIVALS
    NOW WE WILL RUN THEM!"
    -Some Guy

Quote Originally Posted by silver06 View Post
    For sure - it would mean Brandon Flowers has cloned himself and thus can play shows in New Zealand April 20, 21, and 24 and Indio, CA on April 22. Would cause some hysteria.
    He isn't human. He's a dancer.
    NOW WE WILL RUN THEM!"
    -Some Guy

old school

Quote Originally Posted by eagleskyline View Post
    David Byrne gives me hope that he'll be at Coachella.

Meanwhile this board seems to be in the "Denial" phase of the five stages of grief.
    Just wondering when we'll have formal announcement from a confirmed source

Quote Originally Posted by concertgoer View Post
    We are truly in the silly season now
    V.I.C. confirmed

Quote Originally Posted by silver06 View Post
    Just wondering when we'll have formal announcement from a confirmed source
    We've got two solid sources saying The Weeknd/Beyonce/TCS. I think it's a done deal.

Yeah I’ve conceded. Whenever Rolling Stone posts it that’s just the nail in the coffin.

But people are talking like Coachella is jumping the shark like there isn’t a high possibility Yeah Yeah Yeahs, MGMT, Fleet Foxes, Jamiroquai and Grizzly Bear could be second line.
    NOW WE WILL RUN THEM!"
    -Some Guy

We've got two solid sources saying The Weeknd/Beyonce/TCS. I think it's a done deal.
    The reddit dipshit is obviously not included in that, so who's the 2nd?

And if this is such a given, why is it that COS, LA Times, Billboard, etc can't get confirmation and put it up in an article when it's only taken them a couple weeks after the information leaked on forums in the past? They've had this for 3 months now and can't confirm it solid enough for publication.

I also refuse to believe that given the overwhelming presence of rock or rock-like acts on the top line in the last 10 years, that GV would tip the scales so far toward such narrow genres and not include a single rock act as a headliner when that's never happened.

[devil's advocate is great for being in denial]
    Last edited by mrhand; 12-07-2017 at 05:54 PM.

old school

First guy on reddit edited his post a long time later saying: "FWIW, the guy that initially told me the rumored headliners is starting to waiver a bit and question things. So that's something? Now if only we can get some real leaks..."

Second source is a lot more damning and seems like the nail in the coffin, but you never know how A impacted B.

FWIW, texted my friend yesterday who originally told me the stuff about TCS sub-headlining a while back saying "Hey - people are still convinced TCS are headlining Coachella..." and they just replied back with "LOL!" They admittedly aren't "in the loop" they just were lucky to overhear a couple convos this summer/fall right place / right time but I have no reason to believe they'd make up stuff about TCS not headlining. Something could have obviously changed or they could be wrong, but that plus "this doesn't make sense" still keeps me skeptical.

I'm going to believe it's true for now so I'm not furious come January, but until we see it from Billboard, etc. there's still some doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by M0D3Z View Post
    So I just looked at the Lolla SA headliners and their crossovers to Coachella, every year we get one. Killers are out and RHCP probably wont be back in a while... so that leaves Pearl Jam. Be great counter programming. I know this has been discussed, but I never looked at the pattern before.
    I like your thinking and hope you are right

Quote Originally Posted by mrhand View Post
    The reddit dipshit is obviously not included in that, so who's the 2nd?

And if this is such a given, why is it that COS, LA Times, Billboard, etc can't get confirmation and put it up in an article when it's only taken them a couple weeks after the information leaked on forums in the past? They've had this for 3 months now and can't confirm it solid enough for publication.

I also refuse to believe that given the overwhelming presence of rock or rock-like acts on the top line in the last 10 years, that GV would tip the scales so far toward such narrow genres and not include a single rock act as a headliner when that's never happened.

[devil's advocate is great for being in denial]
    Why the hell doesn’t Feff count? Because you have some stupid vendetta against him. He was literally THE FIRST GUY to bring this forward and it seems to have some traction, it sure as shit doesn’t sound like he made it up.

Even if this is the going rumor, no respectable publication is going to publish this until they can 100% confirm it’s true and perhaps they’re only about 80-90% certain. That and from what I’ve seen, GV has been pressuring sites to not leak information so it’s possible to think GV asked them not to leak the headliners too early. It’s pretty common practice actually to not report on things yet without getting the ok first for scoops. As a comparison, sports insiders don’t run their mouth about every little thing they hear so they don’t ruin their relationships, not hard to imagine the same is happening here. I’m sure LA Times, Billboard and such actually have heard some things about the lineup, they’re just keeping a tight lip.
    Quote Originally Posted by TickleMeElmo View Post
    Uhh, Gil Scott-Heron is kinda dead, dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by anonymous96 View Post
    Whoops lol, that's what happens with my piss poor knowledge of rap

The long nights are getting to little Elmo

I’m in Alaska and it’s winter. All the nights are long.
    Uhh, Gil Scott-Heron is kinda dead, dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by anonymous96 View Post
    Whoops lol, that's what happens with my piss poor knowledge of rap

I’m in Alaska and it’s winter. All the nights are long.
    thatwasthejoke.gif

Quote Originally Posted by slinkybutt View Post
    The long nights are getting to little Elmo
    Best reply in the thread
    NOW WE WILL RUN THEM!"
    -Some Guy

Why the hell doesn’t Feff count? Because you have some stupid vendetta against him. He was literally THE FIRST GUY to bring this forward and it seems to have some traction, it sure as shit doesn’t sound like he made it up.

Even if this is the going rumor, no respectable publication is going to publish this until they can 100% confirm it’s true and perhaps they’re only about 80-90% certain. That and from what I’ve seen, GV has been pressuring sites to not leak information so it’s possible to think GV asked them not to leak the headliners too early. It’s pretty common practice actually to not report on things yet without getting the ok first for scoops. As a comparison, sports insiders don’t run their mouth about every little thing they hear so they don’t ruin their relationships, not hard to imagine the same is happening here. I’m sure LA Times, Billboard and such actually have heard some things about the lineup, they’re just keeping a tight lip.
    Sure, nobody's going to publish it until they can 100% confirm; it's just a little surprising that it's the closest thing to a substantial rumor and nobody's been able to 100% confirm yet. As for Feff, I think one way or another he's right in that they're playing - does anyone doubt that they'll at least be on the lineup? - and he has no reason to make it up, but also didn't come at it with a "this is absolutely happening, I guarantee it" attitude.

The fact that no publication has confirmed it less than a month from lineup release is the entire reason the denialism is so strong though. It really makes me think there's something else going on; maybe we're getting more than three headliners, or maybe they have The Chainsmokers as a potential headliner but are still working to get somebody bigger. My personal favorite pure-denialist theory is that they actively floated the Chainsmokers rumor to fuck with everyone, since they haven't been able to keep the headliners a secret the last few years.

It would be great if Slowdive plays. And David Byrne.

I would finally get to see Slowdive! I saw their side project Mojave3 back in the day but never Slowdive.
    I miss talking to TomAz.

We all do. I live in the same city as him (unless he relocated) and rumor has it that at 3:15am if you listen closely and its really really quiet you can hear him telling you to go fuck yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by gazercmh View Post
    It would be great if Slowdive plays. And David Byrne.
    This plus some great electronic bookings and Broken Social Scene, Grizzly Bear, etc. would almost make up for the crappy headliners. Almost.

Quote Originally Posted by WhyTheLongFace View Post
    Yeah I’ve conceded. Whenever Rolling Stone posts it that’s just the nail in the coffin.

But people are talking like Coachella is jumping the shark like there isn’t a high possibility Yeah Yeah Yeahs, MGMT, Fleet Foxes, Jamiroquai and Grizzly Bear could be second line.
    Regardless of who's on the second line it's an embarrassing set of headliners compared to any other year and it sets a bad precedent for the future.

The biggest artist in the world and the biggest possible festival get
    Huge star who has already headlined or been really high on every major festival across the globe
    Some shitty popular DJ duo who doesn’t deserve the promotion

Not that bad of a “set”. No precedent is set. 2019 will be back with Tame Impala/Chance/Someone else the board hates
    NOW WE WILL RUN THEM!"
    -Some Guy

Just my gut feeling, but why are people not talking more about two of the headliners being the confirmed Beyonce one night and then Jay Z another? 4:44 is by far one of his best albums in awhile, has plenty of praise, he'll already be there because of Bey, and rap headliners are always a safe headline bet even if he's playing the Forum in December.

that would work.
    I miss talking to TomAz.

We all do. I live in the same city as him (unless he relocated) and rumor has it that at 3:15am if you listen closely and its really really quiet you can hear him telling you to go fuck yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by WhyTheLongFace View Post
    The biggest artist in the world and the biggest possible festival get
    Huge star who has already headlined or been really high on every major festival across the globe
    Some shitty popular DJ duo who doesn’t deserve the promotion

Not that bad of a “set”. No precedent is set. 2019 will be back with Tame Impala/Chance/Someone else the board hates
    Don't get me wrong Bey is a HUGE get but biggest artist in the WORLD seems like a stretch. Also we've known about her headlining for a year, which diminishes the 'get' factor.

Especially when you compare her to the other potentials. Yes the Weeknd is a "Huge Star" but.....he has already headlined or been really high on every major festival across the globe. Where is the 'get' factor there? Everyone else has already had him headline and his fans have seen his show.

Combine that with a third "headliner" who is so incredibly far from deserving it and we have a terrible "set". The precedent for every past year of Coachella has been a unique combination of headliners with some "wow" or 'get' factor. If the only headliner that seems like a 'get' is the one announced last year then....

Beyonce >>>> AC/DC (Big Get)
    Weeknd > Jack White (Festival Whore’s 1st Coachella Headline)
    Chainsmokers < Drake (Polarizing artist’s jump to headline)

And with all that Coachella came back two years later with Beyonce, Radiohead, Kendrick Lamar. You guys can keep the world is falling mentality, it just isn’t good for your health.
    NOW WE WILL RUN THEM!"
    -Some Guy

Beyoncé is not greater than AC/DC. As a get, they are solidified legends in music and you won't be seeing them probably ever again.
    Not saying Beyoncé isn't going to be a superb headliner, but you are so far up her ass you can taste Jays nut sauce he left in there.

Jack white over The Weeknd all day for me, cause I could skip The Weeknd and never say "fuck I wish I saw him when I had the chance."

Drake is just as shit as Chainsmokers. Simple minded music for simple minded people.

Quote Originally Posted by concertgoer View Post
    Regardless of who's on the second line it's an embarrassing set of headliners compared to any other year and it sets a bad precedent for the future.
    I would agree if the undercard turns out to be crappy. If it's the same quality as usual, there's no precedent set. I have a feeling this won't turn into Lolla and Roo 2.0.

Not saying Beyoncé isn't going to be a superb headliner, but you are so far up her ass you can taste Jays nut sauce he left in there.
    Lulz. Best post in this thread
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Smooches. =)
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Shut it down.

Beyoncé is not greater than AC/DC. As a get, they are solidified legends in music and you won't be seeing them probably ever again.

Jack white over The Weeknd all day for me, cause I could skip The Weeknd and never say "fuck I wish I saw him when I had the chance."

Drake is just as shit as Chainsmokers. Simple minded music for simple minded people.
    Delusion.
    NOW WE WILL RUN THEM!"
    -Some Guy