Page 130 of 130 FirstFirst ... 125126127128129130
Results 3,871 to 3,881 of 3881

Thread: The REAL Coachella 2018 Rumors/Confirmations Thread

Default Re: The REAL Coachella 2018 Rumors/Confirmations Thread

Quote Originally Posted by silver06 View Post
    I wonder how many "Bee-hive" fans truly are going to Coachella that wouldn't have gone to Coachella without her. Sure there's probably some, but I don't think enough to account for the secondary market being much higher in past years. Her fans skew younger and not everyone can drop +$1k on a Coachella weekend. Plus, most who can afford it would have been there no matter who the headliners were. And the OTR shows you think would have depressed the "BeyHive" demand.

Also, how much do you attribute it to it being Beyonce's first show ... vs. The Weeknd's first show ... vs Eminem's first show, etc. etc. We said the same thing about "Gaga Hive" taking over for her first show, and I never really noticed a difference in crowd dynamic.

Anyway, I just strongly disagree with the notion that there's hundreds of 18-23 year old girls out there bidding up Coachella tickets like mad - especially since they would have bought pre-sale or taken care of their tix at this point.
    The Beyhive is a different thing entirely. Can they afford $1,000+ tickets? No. Is that going to stop them? No. I think her fanbase is going to be wayyyyy more noticeable than Gaga's last year.

Did anyone else get an e-mail from Ticketmaster re: Coachella yesterday? Interesting that they're now also selling resale tickets.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Hey here's an idea. You know those people who are desperately poor, down on their luck, uneducated, abused, and generally ill-equipped for life? Let's make fun of them.

Quote Originally Posted by ocbruin84 View Post
    Did anyone else get an e-mail from Ticketmaster re: Coachella yesterday? Interesting that they're now also selling resale tickets.
    I did, quite unexpected

Beyoncé’s younger fanbase weren’t necessarily the ones scooping up the premium seats for hundreds of dollars on her last tour though, or at least not coming out of their pockets directly. Bigger demand = bigger sales and prices period. If the younger fans can’t afford it, the older ones can and there’s plenty of those.

There’s plenty of big artists who appeal to a much younger crowd and command some pretty high prices so I’m not sure how much of a factor ages are.
    Quote Originally Posted by TickleMeElmo View Post
    Uhh, Gil Scott-Heron is kinda dead, dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by anonymous96 View Post
    Whoops lol, that's what happens with my piss poor knowledge of rap

old school

Quote Originally Posted by JRam25 View Post
    It's INSANE to me that Weekend 1 is always this much more sought after than weekend 2. I'll never fully understand why.
    W1 is the worldwide broadcast
    W1 has the media and more celebs present
    W1 has all the new surprises and usually better guests
    W1 has the nicer grass......

There's always way more W1 than W2 videos every year which is interesting. But maybe that's no different than parents that take more photos of their first born than subsequent kids.

Quote Originally Posted by TickleMeElmo View Post
    the older ones can and there’s plenty of those.

There’s plenty of big artists who appeal to a much younger crowd and command some pretty high prices so I’m not sure how much of a factor ages are.
    Right. "Crazy in Love" and "'03 Bonnie & Clyde" are fifteen year old songs . . . Destiny's Child's debut album is now 20 years old. It's funny that people would think of her as a "youth" oriented artist when she's been around such a long time, with a fan base that's aged into disposable income and reserved seats.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

Not to mention her last two albums have been much more mature thematically (monogamy! miscarriages! cheating! feminism! the scars that family leaves!) with virtually no radio play. She's now in that era where her fanbase is old and established enough that she doesn't need radio hits and can wait awhile between albums and still count on loyalty.

I totally get if Beyonce isn't anybody's thing, but if you're thinking Baby Boy/Crazy in Love/Destiny's Child tracks is her vibe these days, you need to listen to Beyonce or Lemonade because she's definitely grown up and the show is going to reflect that.

I also just generally think that the age of Coachella attendees has to be going up with these price increases. I started going as a freshman in college. There's no way in hell me or anyone I went with would have been able to go at these prices.

Acts like Outkast's reunion and Beyonce are perfect for tapping into people my age, aka people with disposable income but not aged out of attending. It's not too surprising they're the years with the highest secondhand market prices.

Quote Originally Posted by braundiggity View Post
    I also just generally think that the age of Coachella attendees has to be going up with these price increases. I started going as a freshman in college. There's no way in hell me or anyone I went with would have been able to go at these prices.
    With the sheer amount of USC and UCLA kids that go, you have to assume parents chip in or pay for a lot of the college kids tickets. And I say this as a USC grad, no hate intended. And diehards can afford with payment plan and car camping. But I mostly agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    With the sheer amount of USC and UCLA kids that go, you have to assume parents chip in or pay for a lot of the college kids tickets. And I say this as a USC grad, no hate intended. And diehards can afford with payment plan and car camping. But I mostly agree with you.
    I mean, I was a USC grad that went haha. But yeah, to some degree you have to be right (and the layaway is probably very helpful for this - put $60/month on the emergency credit card and mom and dad won't say a word.

Coachella Junkie WhyTheLongFace's Avatar

Yeah my first coachella I was 19 and got a saturday and sunday pass for cheap on these forums (the good ol days). I had such a blast that from then until Jan I saved up $300 ($200 and a credit card) to get a ticket. So I could see a kid working 25 hours a week in retail paying $65 a month
    "HIGH END RAP MUSIC! GHETTO STADIUM SHIT! THEY AIN'T WANT US AT THE FESTIVALS
    NOW WE WILL RUN THEM!"
    -Kanye West