Page 127 of 130 FirstFirst ... 122123124125126127128129130 LastLast
Results 3,781 to 3,810 of 3881

Thread: The REAL Coachella 2018 Rumors/Confirmations Thread

Default Re: The REAL Coachella 2018 Rumors/Confirmations Thread

Have a lot of listening to do on the lower acts. Hopefully will find some good stuff... always do. But my initial reaction is the lineup is pretty average overall. The War on Drugs will be great, but I was expecting them so no surprise. Glad to see LEON on there, she's awesome.

Los Ángeles Azules is a random booking that given the direction of Coachella makes no sense. I know they have the Sonora stage, but I don't see a lot of people being interested in seeing a cumbia group from the 80's.
    Last edited by high5sareawesome; 01-02-2018 at 06:31 PM.
    Coachella 09, 10, 11, 12(WK1), 13(WK2), 14(WK2), 15(WK1), 16(WK1), 17(WK1), 18(WK1)

It's all about the music.

Quote Originally Posted by high5sareawesome View Post
    Los Ángeles Azules is a random booking that given the direction of Coachella makes no sense. I know they have the Sonora stage, but I don't see a lot of people being interested in seeing a cumbia group from the 80's.
    Makes no sense to me either, but I will definitely be at that stage jamming out to them!
    Coachella 2015 (Weekend 2), Coachella 2016 (Weekend 2)

Eh the "world" acts usually get a good crowd and reception

Deep thoughts: The pivot away from big-name EDM acts this year is pretty astounding for a festival that thrived on them for a decade and generally catered to the Sahara bros & hos.

That EDM bubble has definitely burst.

Thanks for all the suggestions. Techno line up is stacked! Ben Booker is incredible, glad to catch him again.

Alan Walker looks to be the worst artist I have discovered so far. Fuck sake. 1-2-3 DJ who can't mix and plays music for the ADD crowd. All over the map playin 45 secs of a song before cutting to another build up.

Anyways... my search continues. The line up is getting better after a few discoveries and missing some artists the first read through.

Quote Originally Posted by high5sareawesome View Post
    The last high billed latin act was Caifanes in 2011. Before that it was Cafe Tacuba in 08 and in 05 also. Its few and far between wit those bookings, and the Sonora is trying to get that back on track. So what if they wanted to get somebody like that, its not expected and itll be a good time. Also, with Kali uchis, who is Colombian, it might be a combination they were looking at.
    Last edited by superfan; 01-02-2018 at 10:24 PM.

I wonder how Maynard feels about being sandwiched on the poster in between the Bad and Boujee guys and a mentally retarded stripper.

Mayonnaise is probably just grateful he's still relevant enough to make 6 figures for his winery

Does the switchover from EDM to hip hop mean the Sahara is now predominately going to be urban...?
    anything could happen

In retrospect my odds on Chems/Prodigy/MA were only off by a factor of a billion.

where the jukebox plays apocalyptic bebop

Regarding The Chems, I think the end result of 2011 might have rubbed them the wrong way. I also think I recall Ed making some backhanded comment about Coachella expanding to two weekends, back when it was introduced.

I’m shocked they haven’t been on the lineup for the past 7 years considering their history with this festival. I would think they would’ve been back for a DJ set in the least. At this point, I don't think they will return to the fest anytime soon.
    ass on the grill

Good job elmo and everyone who helped.

This is one of the best threads on the net year to year.

Quote Originally Posted by arya. View Post
    Where the FUCK is fever ray?

This lineup makes me incredibly excited for FYF lol.
    Gonna be waiting a whole year and a half for it to come back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Bosco View Post
    Regarding The Chems, I think the end result of 2011 might have rubbed them the wrong way. I also think I recall Ed making some backhanded comment about Coachella expanding to two weekends, back when it was introduced.

I’m shocked they haven’t been on the lineup for the past 7 years considering their history with this festival. I would think they would’ve been back for a DJ set in the least. At this point, I don't think they will return to the fest anytime soon.
    Can you share the details with what happened with their set that year? I was way to young to attend and can't find a solid description of what happened.

AFIK the KoL closed late? Giving the Chems a reduced set?

Quote Originally Posted by thefiremind View Post
    Can you share the details with what happened with their set that year? I was way to young to attend and can't find a solid description of what happened.

AFIK the KoL closed late? Giving the Chems a reduced set?
    They had a lot of trouble with their screens. Pretty sure due to KoL fireworks. Made for a shorter set, but god damn the crowd glowrupted when they finally started.

Coachella Junkie WhyTheLongFace's Avatar

Didn’t they want to have some parts set up before KOL ended and KOL said no? Either way they came on late and I just don’t think the Main in 2011 is for them. Def not 2017. They could kill Sahara tho
    "HIGH END RAP MUSIC! GHETTO STADIUM SHIT! THEY AIN'T WANT US AT THE FESTIVALS
    NOW WE WILL RUN THEM!"
    -Some Guy

Had they been on the lineup, I feel they would have been a surefire bet for the "Justice" spot from last year

They are going to end up playing some bullshit festival in the states like North Coast in Chicago, for the third fucking time.
    Remake of a locked out 2008 account nobody knew anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by bemerritt View Post
    They had a lot of trouble with their screens. Pretty sure due to KoL fireworks. Made for a shorter set, but god damn the crowd glowrupted when they finally started.
    Talk about fake news

I’d take this with a grain of salt but someone mentioned on Reddit that they heard GV were planning on doing an EDM festival this year which would explain the absence of big EDM names.
    Quote Originally Posted by TickleMeElmo View Post
    Uhh, Gil Scott-Heron is kinda dead, dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by anonymous96 View Post
    Whoops lol, that's what happens with my piss poor knowledge of rap

Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    Talk about fake news
    go on...

I’d take this with a grain of salt but someone mentioned on Reddit that they heard GV were planning on doing an EDM festival this year which would explain the absence of big EDM names.
    Mmmm that makes sense
    anything could happen

old school

If it's on the polo grounds in October, that means no Desert Trip 2?

old school

Quote Originally Posted by mrhand View Post
    I wonder how Maynard feels about being sandwiched on the poster in between the Bad and Boujee guys and a mentally retarded stripper.
    Maybe MJK will let loose on the stage banter.

Think the APC album will even be out by April?

The reddit kid who says his dad knows Paul Tollett seems unreliable.

I will say that the drop-off in big name EDM is really odd though, and that from the minute the Fall Coachella permit stuff was made public...an annual fall EDM fest on the polo grounds seemed like a no-brainer. If it were going to be this fall though, you'd think that it has to be pretty close to being leaked/announced.

Quote Originally Posted by mrhand View Post
    The reddit kid who says his dad knows Paul Tollett seems unreliable.

I will say that the drop-off in big name EDM is really odd though, and that from the minute the Fall Coachella permit stuff was made public...an annual fall EDM fest on the polo grounds seemed like a no-brainer. If it were going to be this fall though, you'd think that it has to be pretty close to being leaked/announced.
    They also just did that deal with the Queen Mary in Long Beach too, they could easily throw it there too.
    Uhh, Gil Scott-Heron is kinda dead, dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by anonymous96 View Post
    Whoops lol, that's what happens with my piss poor knowledge of rap

Quote Originally Posted by Bosco View Post

Ed makes jokes on his twitter and Instagram accounts about the Kings of Leon all the time. There’s definitely some leftover animosity after all these years.

I’m hoping they announce the new larger stage that’s been rumored for a few years and with it they add a whole bunch of artists, such as the chemical brothers, to play it.

Quote Originally Posted by crosscrops View Post
    Ed makes jokes on his twitter and Instagram accounts about the Kings of Leon all the time. There’s definitely some leftover animosity after all these years.

I’m hoping they announce the new larger stage that’s been rumored for a few years and with it they add a whole bunch of artists, such as the chemical brothers, to play it.
    Do you really want to add more walking and more conflicts?

In regards to the fall festival, the city of Indio does want more events, and that would seem like a slam dunk. You figure not to compete against EDC or Ultra since Coachella is right in the middle calendar wise. So doing an event in the fall, with really nice weather and booking things the others dont sounds plausible.
    Last edited by superfan; 01-03-2018 at 11:39 PM.