Page 127 of 130 FirstFirst ... 122123124125126127128129130 LastLast
Results 3,781 to 3,810 of 3881

Thread: The REAL Coachella 2018 Rumors/Confirmations Thread

  1. #3781

    Default Re: The REAL Coachella 2018 Rumors/Confirmations Thread

    Have a lot of listening to do on the lower acts. Hopefully will find some good stuff... always do. But my initial reaction is the lineup is pretty average overall. The War on Drugs will be great, but I was expecting them so no surprise. Glad to see LEON on there, she's awesome.

  2. #3782
    Member high5sareawesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Silverlake
    Posts
    708

    Default Re: The REAL Coachella 2018 Rumors/Confirmations Thread

    Los Ángeles Azules is a random booking that given the direction of Coachella makes no sense. I know they have the Sonora stage, but I don't see a lot of people being interested in seeing a cumbia group from the 80's.
    Last edited by high5sareawesome; 01-02-2018 at 06:31 PM.
    Coachella 09, 10, 11, 12(WK1), 13(WK2), 14(WK2), 15(WK1), 16(WK1), 17(WK1), 18(WK1)

    It's all about the music.

  3. #3783
    Lurker tonioceniceros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Albuquerque, NM
    Posts
    28

    Default Re: The REAL Coachella 2018 Rumors/Confirmations Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by high5sareawesome View Post
    Los Ángeles Azules is a random booking that given the direction of Coachella makes no sense. I know they have the Sonora stage, but I don't see a lot of people being interested in seeing a cumbia group from the 80's.
    Makes no sense to me either, but I will definitely be at that stage jamming out to them!
    Coachella 2015 (Weekend 2), Coachella 2016 (Weekend 2)

  4. #3784

    Default Re: The REAL Coachella 2018 Rumors/Confirmations Thread

    Eh the "world" acts usually get a good crowd and reception

  5. #3785

    Default Re: The REAL Coachella 2018 Rumors/Confirmations Thread

    Deep thoughts: The pivot away from big-name EDM acts this year is pretty astounding for a festival that thrived on them for a decade and generally catered to the Sahara bros & hos.

  6. #3786
    old school Phantasma Del Mar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Normal Heights, CA
    Posts
    3,331

    Default Re: The REAL Coachella 2018 Rumors/Confirmations Thread

    That EDM bubble has definitely burst.

  7. #3787
    old school M0D3Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    3,446

    Default Re: The REAL Coachella 2018 Rumors/Confirmations Thread

    Thanks for all the suggestions. Techno line up is stacked! Ben Booker is incredible, glad to catch him again.

    Alan Walker looks to be the worst artist I have discovered so far. Fuck sake. 1-2-3 DJ who can't mix and plays music for the ADD crowd. All over the map playin 45 secs of a song before cutting to another build up.

    Anyways... my search continues. The line up is getting better after a few discoveries and missing some artists the first read through.

  8. #3788
    old school superfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    3,310

    Default Re: The REAL Coachella 2018 Rumors/Confirmations Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by high5sareawesome View Post
    Los Ángeles Azules is a random booking that given the direction of Coachella makes no sense. I know they have the Sonora stage, but I don't see a lot of people being interested in seeing a cumbia group from the 80's.
    The last high billed latin act was Caifanes in 2011. Before that it was Cafe Tacuba in 08 and in 05 also. Its few and far between wit those bookings, and the Sonora is trying to get that back on track. So what if they wanted to get somebody like that, its not expected and itll be a good time. Also, with Kali uchis, who is Colombian, it might be a combination they were looking at.
    Last edited by superfan; 01-02-2018 at 10:24 PM.

  9. #3789

    Default Re: The REAL Coachella 2018 Rumors/Confirmations Thread

    I wonder how Maynard feels about being sandwiched on the poster in between the Bad and Boujee guys and a mentally retarded stripper.

  10. #3790

    Default Re: The REAL Coachella 2018 Rumors/Confirmations Thread

    Mayonnaise is probably just grateful he's still relevant enough to make 6 figures for his winery

  11. #3791
    Member arya.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,050

    Default Re: The REAL Coachella 2018 Rumors/Confirmations Thread

    Does the switchover from EDM to hip hop mean the Sahara is now predominately going to be urban...?
    anything could happen

  12. #3792

    Default Re: The REAL Coachella 2018 Rumors/Confirmations Thread

    In retrospect my odds on Chems/Prodigy/MA were only off by a factor of a billion.

  13. #3793
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    where the jukebox plays apocalyptic bebop
    Posts
    1,896

    Default Re: The REAL Coachella 2018 Rumors/Confirmations Thread

    Regarding The Chems, I think the end result of 2011 might have rubbed them the wrong way. I also think I recall Ed making some backhanded comment about Coachella expanding to two weekends, back when it was introduced.

    I’m shocked they haven’t been on the lineup for the past 7 years considering their history with this festival. I would think they would’ve been back for a DJ set in the least. At this point, I don't think they will return to the fest anytime soon.
    ass on the grill

  14. #3794
    old school SDsoldier7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,537

    Default Re: The REAL Coachella 2018 Rumors/Confirmations Thread

    Good job elmo and everyone who helped.

    This is one of the best threads on the net year to year.

  15. #3795

    Default Re: The REAL Coachella 2018 Rumors/Confirmations Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by arya. View Post
    Where the FUCK is fever ray?

    This lineup makes me incredibly excited for FYF lol.
    Gonna be waiting a whole year and a half for it to come back then.

  16. #3796

    Default Re: The REAL Coachella 2018 Rumors/Confirmations Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Bosco View Post
    Regarding The Chems, I think the end result of 2011 might have rubbed them the wrong way. I also think I recall Ed making some backhanded comment about Coachella expanding to two weekends, back when it was introduced.

    I’m shocked they haven’t been on the lineup for the past 7 years considering their history with this festival. I would think they would’ve been back for a DJ set in the least. At this point, I don't think they will return to the fest anytime soon.
    Can you share the details with what happened with their set that year? I was way to young to attend and can't find a solid description of what happened.

    AFIK the KoL closed late? Giving the Chems a reduced set?

  17. #3797

    Default Re: The REAL Coachella 2018 Rumors/Confirmations Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by thefiremind View Post
    Can you share the details with what happened with their set that year? I was way to young to attend and can't find a solid description of what happened.

    AFIK the KoL closed late? Giving the Chems a reduced set?
    They had a lot of trouble with their screens. Pretty sure due to KoL fireworks. Made for a shorter set, but god damn the crowd glowrupted when they finally started.

  18. #3798
    Coachella Junkie WhyTheLongFace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    San Gabriel
    Posts
    12,211

    Default Re: The REAL Coachella 2018 Rumors/Confirmations Thread

    Didn’t they want to have some parts set up before KOL ended and KOL said no? Either way they came on late and I just don’t think the Main in 2011 is for them. Def not 2017. They could kill Sahara tho
    "HIGH END RAP MUSIC! GHETTO STADIUM SHIT! THEY AIN'T WANT US AT THE FESTIVALS
    NOW WE WILL RUN THEM!"
    -Some Guy

  19. #3799

    Default Re: The REAL Coachella 2018 Rumors/Confirmations Thread

    Had they been on the lineup, I feel they would have been a surefire bet for the "Justice" spot from last year

  20. #3800

    Default Re: The REAL Coachella 2018 Rumors/Confirmations Thread

    They are going to end up playing some bullshit festival in the states like North Coast in Chicago, for the third fucking time.
    Remake of a locked out 2008 account nobody knew anyway.

  21. #3801
    old school theklein25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    3,826

    Default Re: The REAL Coachella 2018 Rumors/Confirmations Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by bemerritt View Post
    They had a lot of trouble with their screens. Pretty sure due to KoL fireworks. Made for a shorter set, but god damn the crowd glowrupted when they finally started.
    Talk about fake news

  22. #3802
    old school TickleMeElmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    5,315

    Default Re: The REAL Coachella 2018 Rumors/Confirmations Thread

    I’d take this with a grain of salt but someone mentioned on Reddit that they heard GV were planning on doing an EDM festival this year which would explain the absence of big EDM names.
    Quote Originally Posted by TickleMeElmo View Post
    Uhh, Gil Scott-Heron is kinda dead, dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by anonymous96 View Post
    Whoops lol, that's what happens with my piss poor knowledge of rap

  23. #3803

    Default Re: The REAL Coachella 2018 Rumors/Confirmations Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    Talk about fake news
    go on...

  24. #3804
    Member arya.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,050

    Default Re: The REAL Coachella 2018 Rumors/Confirmations Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by TickleMeElmo View Post
    I’d take this with a grain of salt but someone mentioned on Reddit that they heard GV were planning on doing an EDM festival this year which would explain the absence of big EDM names.
    Mmmm that makes sense
    anything could happen

  25. #3805
    old school
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    5,365

    Default Re: The REAL Coachella 2018 Rumors/Confirmations Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by TickleMeElmo View Post
    I’d take this with a grain of salt but someone mentioned on Reddit that they heard GV were planning on doing an EDM festival this year which would explain the absence of big EDM names.
    If it's on the polo grounds in October, that means no Desert Trip 2?

  26. #3806
    old school
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    5,365

    Default Re: The REAL Coachella 2018 Rumors/Confirmations Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by mrhand View Post
    I wonder how Maynard feels about being sandwiched on the poster in between the Bad and Boujee guys and a mentally retarded stripper.
    Maybe MJK will let loose on the stage banter.

    Think the APC album will even be out by April?

  27. #3807

    Default Re: The REAL Coachella 2018 Rumors/Confirmations Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by TickleMeElmo View Post
    I’d take this with a grain of salt but someone mentioned on Reddit that they heard GV were planning on doing an EDM festival this year which would explain the absence of big EDM names.
    The reddit kid who says his dad knows Paul Tollett seems unreliable.

    I will say that the drop-off in big name EDM is really odd though, and that from the minute the Fall Coachella permit stuff was made public...an annual fall EDM fest on the polo grounds seemed like a no-brainer. If it were going to be this fall though, you'd think that it has to be pretty close to being leaked/announced.

  28. #3808
    old school TickleMeElmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    5,315

    Default Re: The REAL Coachella 2018 Rumors/Confirmations Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by mrhand View Post
    The reddit kid who says his dad knows Paul Tollett seems unreliable.

    I will say that the drop-off in big name EDM is really odd though, and that from the minute the Fall Coachella permit stuff was made public...an annual fall EDM fest on the polo grounds seemed like a no-brainer. If it were going to be this fall though, you'd think that it has to be pretty close to being leaked/announced.
    They also just did that deal with the Queen Mary in Long Beach too, they could easily throw it there too.
    Quote Originally Posted by TickleMeElmo View Post
    Uhh, Gil Scott-Heron is kinda dead, dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by anonymous96 View Post
    Whoops lol, that's what happens with my piss poor knowledge of rap

  29. #3809

    Default Re: The REAL Coachella 2018 Rumors/Confirmations Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Bosco View Post
    Regarding The Chems, I think the end result of 2011 might have rubbed them the wrong way. I also think I recall Ed making some backhanded comment about Coachella expanding to two weekends, back when it was introduced.

    I’m shocked they haven’t been on the lineup for the past 7 years considering their history with this festival. I would think they would’ve been back for a DJ set in the least. At this point, I don't think they will return to the fest anytime soon.
    Ed makes jokes on his twitter and Instagram accounts about the Kings of Leon all the time. There’s definitely some leftover animosity after all these years.

    I’m hoping they announce the new larger stage that’s been rumored for a few years and with it they add a whole bunch of artists, such as the chemical brothers, to play it.

  30. #3810
    old school superfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    3,310

    Default Re: The REAL Coachella 2018 Rumors/Confirmations Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by crosscrops View Post
    Ed makes jokes on his twitter and Instagram accounts about the Kings of Leon all the time. There’s definitely some leftover animosity after all these years.

    I’m hoping they announce the new larger stage that’s been rumored for a few years and with it they add a whole bunch of artists, such as the chemical brothers, to play it.
    Do you really want to add more walking and more conflicts?


    In regards to the fall festival, the city of Indio does want more events, and that would seem like a slam dunk. You figure not to compete against EDC or Ultra since Coachella is right in the middle calendar wise. So doing an event in the fall, with really nice weather and booking things the others dont sounds plausible.
    Last edited by superfan; 01-03-2018 at 11:39 PM.

Similar Threads

  1. Coachella 2018 Confirmations/Rumors
    By Droxcy in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 125
    Last Post: 02-23-2017, 12:52 PM
  2. Coachella 2017 Confirmations/Rumors
    By TickleMeElmo in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 3334
    Last Post: 02-03-2017, 04:21 PM
  3. 2012 Lineup Confirmations/Rumors Thread
    By summerkid in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 7820
    Last Post: 01-06-2014, 12:19 PM
  4. Coachella 2011: Rumors, Headliners, rumored Confirmations
    By TeamCoachellaHellYeah in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 3726
    Last Post: 06-10-2013, 10:10 AM
  5. FYF Fest 2013 Lineup Confirmations/Rumors Thread
    By alec111 in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 02-28-2013, 08:16 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •