Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DREAMCAR

Default DREAMCAR

Has anyone heard anything by them or is there anything released yet? I know it's a group from members of AFI and No Doubt but haven't found anything yet

Default Re: DREAMCAR

Are they supposed to release music before April? Legitimately curious to hear the kind of music they're doing.

On another note, has Coachella ever booked an act with literally zero music out? I know it's a super group, but still.
    My old account "Mikey1313666" is down for whatever reason.

Quote Originally Posted by mikey1313 View Post
    Are they supposed to release music before April? Legitimately curious to hear the kind of music they're doing.

On another note, has Coachella ever booked an act with literally zero music out? I know it's a super group, but still.
    Gnarles Barkley was technically booked with zero music out, though I think "Crazy" leaked before the lineup came out.

old school

AFI just dropped an album less than a week ago and are in the middle of the month long tour.

Let them have a album promo cycle, then let Dreamcar drop some music.

Davey is the singer in both projects, and in current interview is only answering AFI questions.

Coachella Junkie WhyTheLongFace's Avatar

I wonder how many people would show up if it was all unheard of music
    "HIGH END RAP MUSIC! GHETTO STADIUM SHIT! THEY AIN'T WANT US AT THE FESTIVALS
    NOW WE WILL RUN THEM!"
    -Some Guy

Quote Originally Posted by WhyTheLongFace View Post
    I wonder how many people would show up if it was all unheard of music
    I'd be extremely compelled to go there with no music out. The mystery in that would be pretty cool too me, at least for a couple of songs.

I'm pretty sure The Shouting Matches had no more than two songs out in 2013. Not quite the same thing, but the mystery got us there, and just in time for one of the worst Coachella meltdowns/sets of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    I'm pretty sure The Shouting Matches had no more than two songs out in 2013. Not quite the same thing, but the mystery got us there, and just in time for one of the worst Coachella meltdowns/sets of all time.
    What happened at that set? I was bummed it was too early for me to catch, but don't recall reading about anything crazy...

Quote Originally Posted by braundiggity View Post
    What happened at that set? I was bummed it was too early for me to catch, but don't recall reading about anything crazy...
    I think they were incredibly late to start and threw a tantrum/refused to get off stage when they were supposed to, somewhat screwing up the times the rest of the day? (Wknd 1) Or something along those lines, maybe someone with a better memory than me can chime in.
    2004-2005-2006-2008-2012b-2013a-2014a-2016a-2017a

Quote Originally Posted by braundiggity View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by microcuts View Post
    I think they were incredibly late to start and threw a tantrum/refused to get off stage when they were supposed to, somewhat screwing up the times the rest of the day? (Wknd 1) Or something along those lines, maybe someone with a better memory than me can chime in.
    Yeah it was kind of like microcuts said. They were soundchecking for a good 25-30 minutes of their 40 minute set, no apologies, no explanation. Just sound checking and no interaction with their fairly large crowd. Then they start playing poorly and they look pissed and once again, no apologies. It felt like such a "fuck you" to the huge crowd that were waiting (im)patiently in the Gobi. They clearly did not want to be there and were phoning it in. We made it through one grumpily played song and then left to see the end of Beardyman. I was more or less a Justin Vernon fanboy at that point and made it a priority to see all his projects, but that one experience really soured me off of him for a long time.

Scars on Broadway, the System of a Down side project.. 1st performance was Coachella

And i guess i'd also say Crosses, although their single dropped the week before the lineup came out, but no album until after Coachella

The Thom Yorke set count? They didn't even have their name yet but had done a couple shows at least.

Quote Originally Posted by decivbn View Post
    Scars on Broadway, the System of a Down side project.. 1st performance was Coachella

And i guess i'd also say Crosses, although their single dropped the week before the lineup came out, but no album until after Coachella

The Thom Yorke set count? They didn't even have their name yet but had done a couple shows at least.
    But didn't Scars on Broadway and Thom Yorke (as Atoms For Peace) have music out before hand? I know plenty of acts had their first set at Coachella (myself included), but the question was more about the music they had released/were planning to release, not if they had played live before.
    My old account "Mikey1313666" is down for whatever reason.

Quote Originally Posted by decivbn View Post

Crosses had an 2 EP's out for years, and a full album before they played. I think you swung and missed on every example you gave.

Finally some music

It has potential. Catchy, but still not all in with Davys vocals, as of right now. Excited to hear their other songs. Got a nice 80's vibe to it.

Edi: Listened to the song about a dozen times now and super eager to hearing this live. I think this will be a heck of a dance party.
    Last edited by M0D3Z; 03-02-2017 at 10:19 AM.
    10' - 11' - 12' W2 - 13' W1 - 14' W1 - 15' W1 - 16' W1 - 17' W1

You're not on the lineup no one wants to see u dj. Stop. Especially if you're going to play Calvin Harris u fuckin knob... - Reeber

RESPECT THE FORMULA - Guedita

I liiiike it
    NOW WE WILL RUN THEM!"
    -Some Guy

Quote Originally Posted by imademilwaukee View Post
    Finally some music

I dig it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Miroir Noir View Post
    MGMT: celebrating a full decade of coasting on the minor success of three songs.
    Quote Originally Posted by silver06 View Post
    Damn, took over on a December 1 over/under of this thread being referred to as a "diarrhea bed", thought I had it until the emergence of Wildwing
    Coachella- 10' 11' 12'(WK 1) 15' (WK 2) 16' (WK 2) PENDING 17' (WK 2)

Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    Yeah it was kind of like microcuts said. They were soundchecking for a good 25-30 minutes of their 40 minute set, no apologies, no explanation. Just sound checking and no interaction with their fairly large crowd. Then they start playing poorly and they look pissed and once again, no apologies. It felt like such a "fuck you" to the huge crowd that were waiting (im)patiently in the Gobi. They clearly did not want to be there and were phoning it in. We made it through one grumpily played song and then left to see the end of Beardyman. I was more or less a Justin Vernon fanboy at that point and made it a priority to see all his projects, but that one experience really soured me off of him for a long time.
    yeah it was really weird, was so excited for that set, especially after having tickets & a hotel room for their Pappy & Harriets show, that we ended up missing. pretty sure that set was why Volcano Choir didn't happen in 2014.

DREAMCAR is my #1 unknown band I'm looking forward to seeing

The band is No Doubt (without Gwen) and AFI combined.
    Just when I think you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this…and totally redeem yourself!
    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    she should get an abortion then go to chella
    Quote Originally Posted by Bougie24 View Post
    You people are disgusting for posting this shit on my thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    Look up your moms skirt when she is dancing

Quote Originally Posted by baily View Post
    The band is No Doubt (without Gwen) and AFI combined.
    Literally no one here knew that information, wow. Thanks!
    2004-2005-2006-2008-2012b-2013a-2014a-2016a-2017a

it makes more sense to me now that Davey and Tony were hanging out together at the ATDI Benefit For Smiles gig at The Fonda a few months ago.

this song is really good.

Between New Order, Future Islands, and this, there is so much dance-able rock music to awkwardly shuffle across the polo grounds too. I hope this goes opposite Gaga somehow.

old school

Better than I expected, actually sounds pretty good.

I like the song, poppy/radio friendly but definitely enjoyable. Hopefully I'll be able to catch them
    Quote Originally Posted by svatomictwist View Post
    I spin in both directions, and I also dance in FRACTIONS.
    2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011!!!, 2012 (w1), 2013 (w2), 2014! (w2), 2015!! (w2), 2016 (w2), 2017 (w2), 2018 (w2)...

Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post
    it makes more sense to me now that Davey and Tony were hanging out together at the ATDI Benefit For Smiles gig at The Fonda a few months ago.
    Tom and Adrian were in the pit this past Saturday night for the AFI show at the wiltern.

Liking the song, some emo dancey electro pop realness. I'm down for their set.
    2005, 2007, 2011, 2012 W1 & W2, 2013 W1 & W2, 2014 W1 & W2, 2015 W1 & W2, 2016 W1 & W2, 2017 W1 & W2,and SOON 2018 W1 & W2 !!

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Get over yourself you entitled bitch whore cunt ball.

Honestly, cant believe that anyone is interested in this. GTFO!
    fuckin' with the lights on

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Fuzz View Post
    Honestly, cant believe that anyone is interested in this. GTFO!
    Yeah, this is.. not interesting at all..

Album out May 12. Tour starts this week with 5 SoCal dates before Coachella so I assume the most people will know by then is whatever you find on YouTube.
    NOW WE WILL RUN THEM!"
    -Some Guy