Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 161

Thread: HANS ZIMMER

  1. #1

    Default HANS ZIMMER

    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/music/wha...vies---review/

    70+ piece orchestra, which included Johnny Marr at Wembley. Choice cuts from all of his films, including Gladiator, Lion King, Inception.

    This has to be on the main stage, right? How else can they fit this many people? How much set up/break down time will there be? How much time is he actually going to get to do his thing?

    Whatever it is, it'll be pretty wild.

  2. #2

    Default Re: HANS ZIMMER

    I have a strong feeling this will be on the main stage. Getting to listen to some dramatic Gladiator jams while walking the polo fields is going to be an epic experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by NiceArthur32 View Post
    what happens if someone makes a masturbation while i dancing so fast?
    Quote Originally Posted by Riggins33 View Post
    Ohh are you laughing Lithium??! You are soooo cool. You know so much more than everyone else don't you? Nerd.
    Quote Originally Posted by mbellingham View Post
    Thanks for your comment, Major Asshole (Lithium )
    Quote Originally Posted by mb1234 View Post
    Why is this Lithium guy so pissy about everything

  3. #3
    old school caco0283's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    5,146

    Default Re: HANS ZIMMER

    This is so damn amazing!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    Your lady's also in for drugs, right? Corinna's guy is in for murder and mine's in for a spree of home invasions. I think you're probably good.


    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    I'm pretty sure Ronnie painted that on her, with his dick.

  4. #4

    Default Re: HANS ZIMMER

    Evidently Johnny Marr's with him for the full tour. Dope.

    This video captures most (all?) of his set, and comes in at 1:15. It would just be so weird to have that on the main stage:

    6:00-7:00 Hans Zimmer
    7:30-8:30 Justice
    9:00-10:00 Lorde
    10:30-close Kendrick


  5. #5
    old school caco0283's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    5,146

    Default Re: HANS ZIMMER

    Dope and thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    Your lady's also in for drugs, right? Corinna's guy is in for murder and mine's in for a spree of home invasions. I think you're probably good.


    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    I'm pretty sure Ronnie painted that on her, with his dick.

  6. #6
    Member arya.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,083

    Default Re: HANS ZIMMER

    Quote Originally Posted by braundiggity View Post
    6:00-7:00 Hans Zimmer
    7:30-8:30 Justice
    9:00-10:00 Lorde
    10:30-close Kendrick
    H E A V E N
    anything could happen

  7. #7
    Member arya.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,083

    Default Re: HANS ZIMMER

    Quote Originally Posted by braundiggity View Post
    6:00-7:00 Hans Zimmer
    7:30-8:30 Justice
    9:00-10:00 Lorde
    10:30-close Kendrick
    H E A V E N
    anything could happen

  8. #8
    Member WhiteIverson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Ventura County, CA
    Posts
    362

    Default Re: HANS ZIMMER

    this will be such a special performance holy fuck...

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    where the jukebox plays apocalyptic bebop
    Posts
    1,908

    Default Re: HANS ZIMMER

    Hans Zimmer on at 6-7pm? He couldn't possibly be on that early. That would kill the mystique.

    Would not be surprised to see him on at Outdoor Theatre or even Mojave tent towards the end of the night with toned down production compared to that clip above. Think we might be overestimating the amount of people who watch the set.
    ass on the grill

  10. #10

    Default Re: HANS ZIMMER

    Sunset main while Lil Uzi Vert is blaring on the outdoor

  11. #11
    Member Ellsworth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    118

    Default Re: HANS ZIMMER

    Most pleasant surprise of the lineup?

  12. #12
    Member WhiteIverson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Ventura County, CA
    Posts
    362

    Default Re: HANS ZIMMER

    Quote Originally Posted by braundiggity View Post
    Evidently Johnny Marr's with him for the full tour. Dope.

    This video captures most (all?) of his set, and comes in at 1:15. It would just be so weird to have that on the main stage:

    6:00-7:00 Hans Zimmer
    7:30-8:30 Justice
    9:00-10:00 Lorde
    10:30-close Kendrick

    I could get off to this

  13. #13
    Member WhiteIverson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Ventura County, CA
    Posts
    362

    Default Re: HANS ZIMMER

    Quote Originally Posted by braundiggity View Post
    Evidently Johnny Marr's with him for the full tour. Dope.

    This video captures most (all?) of his set, and comes in at 1:15. It would just be so weird to have that on the main stage:

    6:00-7:00 Hans Zimmer
    7:30-8:30 Justice
    9:00-10:00 Lorde
    10:30-close Kendrick

    I could get off to this

  14. #14
    Coachella Junkie concertgoer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    6,453

    Default Re: HANS ZIMMER

    Quote Originally Posted by Bosco View Post
    Hans Zimmer on at 6-7pm? He couldn't possibly be on that early. That would kill the mystique.

    Would not be surprised to see him on at Outdoor Theatre or even Mojave tent towards the end of the night with toned down production compared to that clip above. Think we might be overestimating the amount of people who watch the set.
    Seriously the average person who attends this year will give zero fucks about him.

  15. #15
    old school
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,943

    Default Re: HANS ZIMMER

    Quote Originally Posted by concertgoer View Post
    Seriously the average person who attends this year will give zero fucks about him.
    I don't know, man. The top comment in the reddit lineup release thread is "HANS FUCKING ZIMMER WHAT" with 387 upvotes, while the second highest comment has 111 upvotes.

    Reddit seems fairly representative of what Coachella attendance is actually like, with a fair share of idiots and young people mixed with older people. I wouldn't be shocked if he has an enormous crowd.

  16. #16
    old school M0D3Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    3,542

    Default Re: HANS ZIMMER

    This would be such an incredible sunset on main stage. Seriously, just build the new stage just for his set.
    10' - 11' - 12' W2 - 13' W1 - 14' W1 - 15' W1 - 16' W1 - 17' W1


    You're not on the lineup no one wants to see u dj. Stop. Especially if you're going to play Calvin Harris u fuckin knob... - Reeber


    RESPECT THE FORMULA - Guedita

  17. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    where the jukebox plays apocalyptic bebop
    Posts
    1,908

    Default Re: HANS ZIMMER

    Quote Originally Posted by silver06 View Post
    I don't know, man. The top comment in the reddit lineup release thread is "HANS FUCKING ZIMMER WHAT" with 387 upvotes, while the second highest comment has 111 upvotes.

    Reddit seems fairly representative of what Coachella attendance is actually like, with a fair share of idiots and young people mixed with older people. I wouldn't be shocked if he has an enormous crowd.

    Well if that's the case, then let him go full production and close the main stage like he was meant to.

    Lorde 7:30-8:30
    Kendrick Lamar 9:00 - 10:15
    Hans Zimmer 10:50 - Close

    Meanwhile in the Sahara
    Justice 10:45 - Close
    ass on the grill

  18. #18
    Member alpha_q_up's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Wine Country, CA
    Posts
    606

    Default Re: HANS ZIMMER

    Yo I'm calling Sir Elton joining him for a Lion King Medley....

    Also this playing as the sun sets
    Quote Originally Posted by jbergeron View Post
    try taking viagra before the festival. now that's hard.

  19. #19

    Default Re: HANS ZIMMER

    Quote Originally Posted by Bosco View Post
    Hans Zimmer on at 6-7pm? He couldn't possibly be on that early. That would kill the mystique.

    Would not be surprised to see him on at Outdoor Theatre or even Mojave tent towards the end of the night with toned down production compared to that clip above. Think we might be overestimating the amount of people who watch the set.
    The official account of his tour -- which includes the 70+ orchestra and Johnny Marr -- tweeted about bringing Hans Zimmer Live to Coachella. They're not gonna tone down the production. Maybe they could squeeze it on the outdoor, but zero chance it's in one of the tents.

    And yeah. I want this during sunset/at night, not during the day. Maybe Kendrick gets 1:15, and the other two get 55, so you end up with:

    6:30-7:40 Hans Zimmer
    8:05-9:00 Justice
    9:25-10:20 Lorde
    10:45-close Kendrick

    Fuck, that would be awesome. We mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darlings.

  20. #20

    Default Re: HANS ZIMMER

    Quote Originally Posted by Bosco View Post
    Well if that's the case, then let him go full production and close the main stage like he was meant to.

    Lorde 7:30-8:30
    Kendrick Lamar 9:00 - 10:15
    Hans Zimmer 10:50 - Close

    Meanwhile in the Sahara
    Justice 10:45 - Close
    This would also work, as crazy as it would be to close the festival with Hans Zimmer.

  21. #21
    Member alpha_q_up's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Wine Country, CA
    Posts
    606

    Default Re: HANS ZIMMER

    Yo I'm calling Sir Elton joining him for a Lion King Medley....

    Also this playing as the sun sets
    Quote Originally Posted by jbergeron View Post
    try taking viagra before the festival. now that's hard.

  22. #22
    Coachella Junkie WhyTheLongFace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    San Gabriel
    Posts
    12,544

    Default Re: HANS ZIMMER

    Justice 7:10- 8:05
    Lorde : 830-930
    Hans Zimmer (Outdoor) 930-1030
    Kendrick (Main) 1030-close
    "HIGH END RAP MUSIC! GHETTO STADIUM SHIT! THEY AIN'T WANT US AT THE FESTIVALS
    NOW WE WILL RUN THEM!"
    -Some Guy

  23. #23

    Default Re: HANS ZIMMER

    Hans Zimmer will open for Kendrick.

    Lorde(builds the crowd) -> Hans Zimmer (the stage is now packed with people, and they waitn' for Kendrick!) -> Kendrick (go to the Yuma and finish the weekend with Sasha)

    And yes this will be a full show, Hans is an artist, why the fuck would he compromise his work???
    Coachella 2011, 2013(wk1), 2014(wk1), 2014(wk2), 2015(wk1),

    2016(wk1), 2016(wk2)

  24. #24
    Coachella Junkie Boourns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    nowhere
    Posts
    29,238

    Default Re: HANS ZIMMER

    The more I think about it, the more amazing this sounds. This really makes up for a lot of the "where is so and so," yeah?

    Did anyone predict this?

  25. #25
    Coachella Junkie Miroir Noir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Zip City
    Posts
    9,293

    Default Re: HANS ZIMMER

    Frank, you're losing your mind in an effort to justify this weak & lazy lineup to yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

  26. #26
    Coachella Junkie Miroir Noir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Zip City
    Posts
    9,293

    Default Re: HANS ZIMMER

    "Where did the good/innovative bookings go?"

    "Who cares, Hans Zimmer is going to play the Gladiator score with a fifty piece band for some reason."
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

  27. #27

    Default Re: HANS ZIMMER

    I think this is a better booking on paper then what it will actually be. I can't imagine a good crowd for something like this at Caochella especially on the mainstage. This would be better pulled off somewhere like Moogfest.
    5/23 Lena Wilikens @ F8 | 5/24 Las Sucias, Cube, Group Rhoda @ Hemlock Tavern | 5/26 Fever Ray @ Fox Theater | 5/30 Slowdive @ Filmore

  28. #28

    Default Re: HANS ZIMMER

    Quote Originally Posted by Miroir Noir View Post
    "Where did the good/innovative bookings go?"

    "Who cares, Hans Zimmer is going to play the Gladiator score with a fifty piece band for some reason."
    My thoughts exactly. Trump card - well played Goldenvoice.
    Coachella 2011, 2013(wk1), 2014(wk1), 2014(wk2), 2015(wk1),

    2016(wk1), 2016(wk2)

  29. #29
    Coachella Junkie concertgoer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    6,453

    Default Re: HANS ZIMMER

    Quote Originally Posted by Miroir Noir View Post
    "Where did the good/innovative bookings go?"

    "Who cares, Hans Zimmer is going to play the Gladiator score with a fifty piece band for some reason."
    Heh this is how I pretty much feel as well.

  30. #30

    Default Re: HANS ZIMMER

    Quote Originally Posted by lt.roast.a.botch View Post
    I think this is a better booking on paper then what it will actually be. I can't imagine a good crowd for something like this at Caochella especially on the mainstage. This would be better pulled off somewhere like Moogfest.
    I think the crowd will be fairly decent, plus you will hear this show from the camping area and all over festival, especially if there isn't much else on at the time which is a likely scenario.
    Coachella 2011, 2013(wk1), 2014(wk1), 2014(wk2), 2015(wk1),

    2016(wk1), 2016(wk2)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-17-2015, 09:21 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-14-2014, 06:34 PM
  3. Von Zimmer demo
    By tasty_treat in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-25-2013, 06:31 PM
  4. Its raining Hans Brix's nemesis
    By HandBanana in forum Misc. Lounge
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-18-2011, 07:19 PM
  5. Hans Zimmer
    By theripped in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-22-2010, 03:26 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •