Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567
Results 181 to 201 of 201

Thread: Set Time Predictions 2017: FRIDAY

  1. #181
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    san diego
    Posts
    1,029

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions 2017: FRIDAY

    So about DJ Shadow in Sahara...

  2. #182

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions 2017: FRIDAY

    Quote Originally Posted by enginedown View Post
    So about DJ Shadow in Sahara...
    Yeah, it's kind of weird. But who else would even take his place?
    My old account "Mikey1313666" is down for whatever reason.

  3. #183
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    san diego
    Posts
    1,029

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions 2017: FRIDAY

    I think it's safer to assume that we'll get a 1-2 #lateadd Sahara openers than DJ Shadow playing in there.

    Shadow before/after Bonobo in Mojave is my guess.

  4. #184

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions 2017: FRIDAY

    Quote Originally Posted by enginedown View Post
    I think it's safer to assume that we'll get a 1-2 #lateadd Sahara openers than DJ Shadow playing in there.
    We're definitely not assuming that for the sake of these mocks. Shadow in the Sahara isn't much weirder than some of the stuff we have scheduled this year, or even last year for the Sahara.

    His 2016/2017 style set could totally work in the Sahara, no problem.



    EDIT: I actually went ahead and bumped DJ Shadow's time up in the Sahara so he directly conflicts with Travis Scott, where most of the Sahara crowd will be anyway.
    Last edited by mikey1313; 01-18-2017 at 08:39 PM.
    My old account "Mikey1313666" is down for whatever reason.

  5. #185
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    san diego
    Posts
    1,029

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions 2017: FRIDAY

    Ok after watching some of his 2016 shows, I do agree that it is more fitting to Sahara than anytime I've ever seen him.... but it still just seems so strange. There has been a lot more diversity in Sahara last couple years, but nothing like Shadow. And his set in 2012 was pretty empty.

    I say move Shadow to Mojave and just bump everyone in Sahara up 1 slot. Then move someone like Tacocat or King Gizzard open Outdoor to help balance the early afternoon. \_(ツ)_/

  6. #186
    Coachella Junkie WhyTheLongFace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    San Gabriel
    Posts
    9,912

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions 2017: FRIDAY

    The only people who could replace DJ Shadow in the Sahara are Crystal Castles and Denzel Curry and both of those seem weirder than Shadow so I'm for keeping him in
    *CROSSOVERCHELLA*

    Beyonce * Kendrick Lamar * The XX * Future
    *Schoolboy Q * Hans Zimmer* Gucci Mane* Little Dragon * Bonobo
    *Thundercat * Travis Scott * Sampha * Empire of the Sun * Tycho

  7. #187

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions 2017: FRIDAY

    Quote Originally Posted by enginedown View Post
    Ok after watching some of his 2016 shows, I do agree that it is more fitting to Sahara than anytime I've ever seen him.... but it still just seems so strange. There has been a lot more diversity in Sahara last couple years, but nothing like Shadow. And his set in 2012 was pretty empty.
    His set in 2012 was empty because everyone else was at Florence, Modeselektor (where I was), or camping at the Main Stage for Dre and Snoop. He also has that track with Run the Jewels that got decently big at the end of last year.
    My old account "Mikey1313666" is down for whatever reason.

  8. #188
    old school travelfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4,119

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions 2017: FRIDAY

    Regardless of whether or not somebody seems like a "fit" for Sahara, at least half of our late night slots are going to go to acts that would have felt odd in the 2012-2015 Sahara run. Because WTLF is right, as soon as you move Shadow out, the remaining choices are even weirder.

    Barring some late adds, a lot of rappers and "Mojave" electronic acts are inevitably going to end up there.

  9. #189

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions 2017: FRIDAY

    Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    Regardless of whether or not somebody seems like a "fit" for Sahara, at least half of our late night slots are going to go to acts that would have felt odd in the 2012-2015 Sahara run. Because WTLF is right, as soon as you move Shadow out, the remaining choices are even weirder.

    Barring some late adds, a lot of rappers and "Mojave" electronic acts are inevitably going to end up there.
    The Sahara is certainly weird as fuck these days. Crazy mixture of old school Sahara type acts with a bunch of hip hop sprinkled in.
    My old account "Mikey1313666" is down for whatever reason.

  10. #190

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions 2017: FRIDAY

    Quote Originally Posted by WhyTheLongFace View Post
    The only people who could replace DJ Shadow in the Sahara are Crystal Castles and Denzel Curry and both of those seem weirder than Shadow so I'm for keeping him in
    It's going to be CC. Saw them last year and it was pretty much a goth rave. He actually played alesia "Acii" and DJed most of the set.

  11. #191

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions 2017: FRIDAY

    Quote Originally Posted by lifeofgeoff View Post
    It's going to be CC. Saw them last year and it was pretty much a goth rave. He actually played alesia "Acii" and DJed most of the set.
    Wouldn't that be weird during the day? They would have a pretty sparse crowd in the Sahara. DJ Shadow makes much more sense in the Sahara then Crystal Castles does.
    My old account "Mikey1313666" is down for whatever reason.

  12. #192
    old school travelfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4,119

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions 2017: FRIDAY

    I keep forgetting Crystal Castles is even on this lineup.

  13. #193

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions 2017: FRIDAY

    Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    I keep forgetting Crystal Castles is even on this lineup.
    Literally same.
    My old account "Mikey1313666" is down for whatever reason.

  14. #194
    old school travelfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4,119

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions 2017: FRIDAY

    Since we have so few acts on this day, have we considered bumping everybody down a slot so that the non-Sahara tents are empty during the last hour of Radiohead?

    This is reminding me of the AC/DC day where we had so few acts and we had the opening slots blacked out like we do now, only to find that everything other than Alesso ended super early.

  15. #195
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Valley of the Sun
    Posts
    274

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions 2017: FRIDAY

    If Shadow is in the Sahara, which seems totally possible, there is no way he plays after Steve Angello.

  16. #196
    Coachella Junkie WhyTheLongFace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    San Gabriel
    Posts
    9,912

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions 2017: FRIDAY

    Can one day of Coachella be too good? This day is borderline ridiculous
    *CROSSOVERCHELLA*

    Beyonce * Kendrick Lamar * The XX * Future
    *Schoolboy Q * Hans Zimmer* Gucci Mane* Little Dragon * Bonobo
    *Thundercat * Travis Scott * Sampha * Empire of the Sun * Tycho

  17. #197
    old school travelfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4,119

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions 2017: FRIDAY

    Quote Originally Posted by illeaglegallows View Post
    If Shadow is in the Sahara, which seems totally possible, there is no way he plays after Steve Angello.
    I think the reasoning here is that Angello vs Travis is more of a fan base conflict than DJ Shadow vs Travis, right Mikey?

  18. #198

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions 2017: FRIDAY

    Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    I think the reasoning here is that Angello vs Travis is more of a fan base conflict than DJ Shadow vs Travis, right Mikey?
    Yeah I think that's why I did that. But looking at it again, I think that was probably a false assessment. I switched Shadow with Angello.
    My old account "Mikey1313666" is down for whatever reason.

  19. #199

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions 2017: FRIDAY

    Has anybody given thought to Capital Cities playing the Sahara late afternoon?

  20. #200

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions 2017: FRIDAY

    Quote Originally Posted by decivbn View Post
    Has anybody given thought to Capital Cities playing the Sahara late afternoon?
    Not going to happen.
    My old account "Mikey1313666" is down for whatever reason.

  21. #201
    Coachella Junkie WhyTheLongFace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    San Gabriel
    Posts
    9,912

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions 2017: FRIDAY

    Lol whose man is this?
    *CROSSOVERCHELLA*

    Beyonce * Kendrick Lamar * The XX * Future
    *Schoolboy Q * Hans Zimmer* Gucci Mane* Little Dragon * Bonobo
    *Thundercat * Travis Scott * Sampha * Empire of the Sun * Tycho

Similar Threads

  1. Set Time Predictions 2016: FRIDAY
    By mikey1313 in forum Misc. Babble
    Replies: 2524
    Last Post: 04-22-2016, 12:34 PM
  2. 2013 - Friday Set Time Predictions
    By autopsy turvey in forum Misc. Babble
    Replies: 680
    Last Post: 04-10-2013, 01:26 AM
  3. Set Time Predictions - FRIDAY
    By clumsy342 in forum Misc. Babble
    Replies: 707
    Last Post: 04-12-2012, 11:01 AM
  4. SET TIME PREDICTIONS 2011 - FRIDAY
    By clumsy342 in forum Misc. Babble
    Replies: 1305
    Last Post: 04-13-2011, 11:53 AM
  5. Set Time Predictions- FRIDAY
    By clumsy342 in forum Misc. Babble
    Replies: 1141
    Last Post: 04-13-2010, 12:33 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •