Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: KROQ Almost Acoustic Xmas 2016

Default Re: KROQ Almost Acoustic Xmas 2016

Can I get these tickets being an out of stater?
    I miss talking to TomAz.

We all do. I live in the same city as him (unless he relocated) and rumor has it that at 3:15am if you listen closely and its really really quiet you can hear him telling you to go fuck yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by GolfWang View Post
    got free floor tickets to night 1. really looking forward to Muse and QOTSA.

Prophets of Rage are hot garbage, but i'll never pass up a free opportunity to see Tom, Brad, and Tim play together.
    Win them?
    On the Horizon

Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Palladium 12.08
    Childish Gambino - The Forum 12.16
    Thom Yorke - The Orpheum 12.19 & 12.20
    Robyn - Hollywood Palladium 02.21.19
    Massive Attack - Hollywood Palladium 03.29.19
    Modeselektor - Echoplex 04.06.19
    The Rolling Stones - Rose Bowl 05.11.19
    Elton John - Honda Center 09.11.19

Quote Originally Posted by Albiedamned View Post
    Win them?
    no a buddy of mine has some connection. he has a pair of tickets and his girlfriend can't go. he knows I love QOTSA.

actually it's the same friend that took me to their Halloween show at The Greek in 2003 with The Cramps and Masters of Reality. we were like 13 and definitely should not have been allowed to go alone lol. QOTSA in the pouring rain on Halloween is still like a top 3 concert of all time for me.

Morrissey canceled. Why do ppl still book him...it’s a major liability.

Anyone hear rumors about who (if anyone) is replacing him? I’d imagine it would be a KROQ house band—Blink or RHCP if either are in town perhaps

Quote Originally Posted by ameeps View Post

Anyone hear rumors about who (if anyone) is replacing him? I’d imagine it would be a KROQ house band—Blink or RHCP if either are in town perhaps
    are they able to replace him last minute. anyways im so glad that sack of shit canceled. he sucks

Quote Originally Posted by ameeps View Post

They dont have to replace him, whats wrong with giving everyone else more time.

Certainly no need to replace him. Would appreciate a longer Killers set.

Quote Originally Posted by superfan View Post
    They dont have to replace him, whats wrong with giving everyone else more time.
    Maybe because he is the fucking headliner. Yeah I wonder why Coachella replaced Beyonce, they should have just given everyone more time.

So did anyone witness this Saturday night?

http://variety.com/2017/music/news/j...ive-1202635338

UPDATED: Queens of the Stone Age frontman Josh Homme can be seen violently kicking a female photographer in the face in a video taken at KROQ Acoustic Christmas on Saturday.

The incident happened during the band’s performance on night one of the L.A. radio station’s 28th annual holiday concert.

Chelsea Lauren, a photographer for Shutterstock, which has a licensing partership with Variety owner Penske Media, said the incident was unprovoked and that Homme was even smiling before he struck her.

“It was obviously very intentional,” she said.

Homme released a statement Sunday, characterizing the incident as an accident.

“Last night, while in a state of being lost in performance, I kicked over various lighting and equipment on our stage,” the statement reads. “Today it was brought to my attention that this included a camera held by photographer Chelsea Lauren. I did not mean for that to happen and I am very sorry. I would never intentionally cause harm to anyone working at or attending one of our shows and I hope Chelsea will accept my sincere apology.”

Lauren was on one side of the stage while three other photographers were together on the other side of the stage. In the video, Homme can be seen walking past Lauren, then backtracking a step to kick away her camera.

“Josh was coming over and I was pretty excited, I’ve never actually photographed Queens Of The Stone Age before, I was really looking forward to it. I saw him coming over and I was shooting away,” she said. “The next thing I know his foot connects with my camera and my camera connects with my face, really hard. He looked straight at me, swung his leg back pretty hard and full-blown kicked me in the face. He continued performing, I was startled, I kind of stopped looking at him, I just got down and was holding my face because it hurt so badly.” Eventually she returned to the press room, where a rep from KROQ in the press room received a text from an audience member asking, “Did the guitarist for Queens Of The Stone Age kick a photographer in the face?”

Lauren returned to the pit to shoot Thirty Seconds To Mars and Muse, but went for treatment later that night at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center. A social worker who looked at the video while she was at the hospital was one of several people, including many who have seen the clip on social media, who have encouraged her to press charges. She plans to file a police report Sunday.

“I feel like if I don’t do anything, he gets to kick people in the face and not get in trouble because he’s a musician,” the photographer said. “That’s not right.”

Minutes after the incident, Lauren said Homme took out what appeared to be a knife and deliberately cut his own forehead, dripping blood for the rest of the performance. (Wrestlers call this stunt “blading,” or intentional cutting to provoke bleeding)

It’s unknown if the 44 year-old Homme was under the influence of alcohol or drugs on Saturday. At one point, he called the sold-out audience “retards” before insulting the night’s headlining act, Muse. “F— Muse!” he exclaimed. He also encouraged the crowd to boo him, told everyone to take their pants off, saying, “I want to give you all a night you’ll never remember.”

Coachella '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12 W1, '13 W1&2, '14 W1, '15 W1&2, '16 W1 (maybe '19 W1)

Yeah, I was there. Joshua was very clearly deeply angry during their set and acted like a huge ass. It was an intentional kick (under the influence or not, doesn't matter) and he indeed cut himself with a razor he had in his jacket. Getting billed to play before 30STM and Muse is no excuse to having such a childish hissy fit meltdown.

I was close on the floor. I would not characterize Josh as being much more pissed off/angry than normal based on other QotSA shows I have seen, but Thundermare''s description is not far off. The bleeding thing was weird for sure. I saw the kick but thought initially it was just a playful swipe at a fan taking pics. Looks like not. I really thought the band was excellent but this sucks if all true.
    St Vincent| Killers| QotSA| BRMC| Jack White| Shopping| Weezer| Coachella| Greta Van Fleet| APC| Cigarettes After Sex| Arctic Monkeys| BØRNS| Courtney Barnett| Poptone| Franz Ferdinand| U2| Peter Hook| GY!BE| Paul Simon| Johnny Marr| APtBS| NIN| Arroyo Seco| Roger Waters| The Cure| MBV| ELO| RodrigoyGabriela| Erasure| David Byrne| Smashing Pumpkins| The National| Music Tastes Good| St Vincent| Interpol| Courtney Barnett| Spiritualized| St Vincent| Nick Cave| PiL| TWDY| Echo & The Bunnymen

Did Klein cry when he said “Fuck Muse”?

Quote Originally Posted by Thundermare View Post
    Yeah, I was there. Joshua was very clearly deeply angry during their set and acted like a huge ass. It was an intentional kick (under the influence or not, doesn't matter) and he indeed cut himself with a razor he had in his jacket. Getting billed to play before 30STM and Muse is no excuse to having such a childish hissy fit meltdown.
    Has Josh gone Emo with his cutting?
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Homme has been a piece of shit for a decade plus. He's got what I like to call nevergottenhisasskickeditus. Tall dudes usually go their entire lives with this condition until some angel relieves them

Quote Originally Posted by slinkybutt View Post
    Homme has been a piece of shit for a decade plus. He's got what I like to call nevergottenhisasskickeditus. Tall dudes usually go their entire lives with this condition until some angel relieves them
    PREACH
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Smooches. =)
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Shut it down.

Quote Originally Posted by Albiedamned View Post
    Maybe because he is the fucking headliner. Yeah I wonder why Coachella replaced Beyonce, they should have just given everyone more time.
    Coachella isnt pay to play like KROQ practically is. And he was scheduled as closer, The Killers were initially billed higher than Moz. And Coachella had how long to figure out a replacement for Beyonce? Oh, WEEKS, NOT 2 DAYS. The closest scare they ever had was Radiohead in 2004, when Thom Yorke almost lost his voice 5 days before, and cancelled shows in Australia. fortunately, with getting a day back and lots of drugs, he made it and they performed.

Well my real point was that it wasn't an unreasonable thing to speculate or suggest. Festivals often replace headliners, even Acoustic Christmas. No Doubt replaced U2 a few years back, they had a little bit more time time to get a replacement, but not much. When you book the Moz, you should consider having someone on stand by anyway as he is a coin flip at this point. And a coin flip is being generous.
    On the Horizon

Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Palladium 12.08
    Childish Gambino - The Forum 12.16
    Thom Yorke - The Orpheum 12.19 & 12.20
    Robyn - Hollywood Palladium 02.21.19
    Massive Attack - Hollywood Palladium 03.29.19
    Modeselektor - Echoplex 04.06.19
    The Rolling Stones - Rose Bowl 05.11.19
    Elton John - Honda Center 09.11.19

Quote Originally Posted by superfan View Post
    Coachella isnt pay to play like KROQ practically is. And he was scheduled as closer, The Killers were initially billed higher than Moz. And Coachella had how long to figure out a replacement for Beyonce? Oh, WEEKS, NOT 2 DAYS. The closest scare they ever had was Radiohead in 2004, when Thom Yorke almost lost his voice 5 days before, and cancelled shows in Australia. fortunately, with getting a day back and lots of drugs, he made it and they performed.
    Coachella isn't pay to play?????????
    Please explain why they give a million dollars to Beyonce and Guns n Roses then

Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    Coachella isn't pay to play?????????
    Please explain why they give a million dollars to Beyonce and Guns n Roses then
    Jumpin'Jesus on a pogo stick... I knew you were stupid but holy freakin crap! Some bands particularly up and coming acts often don't get paid to perform instead they pay the production to book them for exposure and marketing. Yes some acts or more likely their labels do actually pay to play Coachella so I've heard.

Like SXSW?

so what happened with Morrissey replacement?
    10' - 11' - 12' W2 - 13' W1 - 14' W1 - 15' W1 - 16' W1 - 17' W1

You're not on the lineup no one wants to see u dj. Stop. Especially if you're going to play Calvin Harris u fuckin knob... - Reeber

RESPECT THE FORMULA - Guedita

Quote Originally Posted by EdithBunker View Post
    Jumpin'Jesus on a pogo stick... I knew you were stupid but holy freakin crap! Some bands particularly up and coming acts often don't get paid to perform instead they pay the production to book them for exposure and marketing. Yes some acts or more likely their labels do actually pay to play Coachella so I've heard.
    If you think I'm stupid, then you must be mentally handicapped. My apolgies
    http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/musi...den-costs.html

Quote Originally Posted by M0D3Z View Post
    so what happened with Morrissey replacement?
    Replaced with a 6 foot 4" egomaniacal bloated greasy steaming pile of rancid meat.

Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    If you think I'm stupid, then you must be mentally handicapped. My apolgies
    http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/musi...den-costs.html
    We don't think we all know, so we've already won half the battle.
    Last edited by EdithBunker; 12-11-2017 at 11:17 AM.