Thread: Secure Ticket doen't pay you if you ask for a refund

Angry Secure Ticket doen't pay you if you ask for a refund

My patience has been tested in the most terrible manner by the people of the coachella festival. I am from brazil, bought tickets to the festival of 2016, had a horrible health issue that impeded me from attending, asked for a refund in march and up until this date i have not received even half of what i paid. I wrote a bunch of emails, got vague responses, and a irresponsible answer that a check had been sent to my house in brazil. Of course it didn't arrive and they claim that it was because "the check was fraudulently cashed by someone" and then said to me "Our accounting department is working with the bank to see if they can get the money back" but never answered or contacted me. I am stunned of how terribly I've been treated and im wondering what kind of measures i must take to get my money back. They won't even respond to my emails anymore, being the most disrespectful way I could ever imagine. This is a very nice way to rob people.

Default Re: Secure Ticket doen't pay you if you ask for a refund

Im shocked they even agreed to a partial refund.

Quote Originally Posted by bemerritt View Post
    Im shocked they even agreed to a partial refund.
    That's the whole idea of Secure Ticket. It's like buying flight insurance.

Gotcha. Didn't know those existed. Learn something new everyday.

I'm fairly certain that according to the Secure Ticket T&C, you're entitled to a 100% refund in the case of an illness that's extreme enough to prevent safe movement of the attendee, as long as you did not have prior knowledge of this illness or threat of illness, and you can provide appropriate documentation of your issue.

If you have been unsuccessful in achieving resolution through traditional customer service pathways, and have been trying for a while with no success, I'd suggest reaching out through nontraditional pathways if you have not already: start with social media and see if you can get any response from Frontgate through publicly discussing the issue in social media channels, and if that doesn't work try filing complaints through the Better Business Bureau and the Texas Attorney General's Consumer Protection division (I believe Frontgate is based in Austin, TX which is why I'm recommending Texas -- but someone please correct me if I'm wrong).

In addition to Courtney's great advice:

Did you pay with a credit card? Contact your credit card company.

If FrontGate blows you off, contact GoldenVoice and let them know you're being taken for a ride.
    3.23 Broken Social Scene . 4/13-4/15 Coachella W1 . 4/18 Foo Fighters & The Struts . 4/21 The Breeders . 4/23 Perfume Genius . 4/24 QOTSA & Wolf Alice . 4/28 Slowdive & SURVIVE . 5/2 Jack White . 5/4 U2 . 5/30-6/2 Primavera Sound