Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Man's never been in Marquee when it's shutdown eh? Truss Me Daddiiii

Coachella Junkie WhyTheLongFace's Avatar

Default Re: Man's never been in Marquee when it's shutdown eh? Truss Me Daddiiii

Skepta will have a huge crowd if he opens for Uzi. But if he opens for Galantis or What So Not he will be fine.
    "HIGH END RAP MUSIC! GHETTO STADIUM SHIT! THEY AIN'T WANT US AT THE FESTIVALS
    NOW WE WILL RUN THEM!"
    -Kanye West

Default Re: Man's never been in Marquee when it's shutdown eh? Truss Me Daddiiii

Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    But even if this is true, then you'd expect a near instant sellout. If, say, Marshmello played the Fonda in LA, it would be sold out in seconds. Good tickets are available for Skepta's Fonda show, and it's been on sale for nine days.

He's popular, but he's not some giant draw. He can easily play daytime Sahara and not overflow the tent.
    agreed. I believe he has appeal in the US, and will have a pretty large crowd, but not overflowing like G eazy. I think a bump from his set time last year but same tent is likely

Ehh...I mean...maybe? It's hard to tell. No radio singles, he's not really a US celebrity, it's still pretty aggressive mosh-around music which isn't necessarily the biggest crossover genre, especially without US radio play/hits. I think he could play Sahara still. I also think he'll be on the main stage, though, which helps it.
    He was booked to play Sahara last year so guessing that's what we will get.

Digging Skepta Interlude right now!

Sep: Future, Bryson Tiller, Duke Dumont, Mac Miller
    Nov: Drake, Winston Surfshirt
    Dec: The Weeknd, NAV, French Montana
    Jan: Earl Sweatshirt, the XX
    Feb: Tiesto
    Apr: Lana Del Rey

Skepta Interlude awesome

This track comes out at the perfect timing for him as he is about to start up a mini north american tour.

Quote Originally Posted by wazdog View Post
    He was booked to play Sahara last year so guessing that's what we will get.

Digging Skepta Interlude right now!
    He's much bigger in the states than when he was when he was booked last year though.
    My old account "Mikey1313666" is down for whatever reason.

Which is why he'd play around 5 or so instead of 1ish or whenever he was booked for last year. But I also think that he'll still be in the Sahara.

I think he will be one of the best rappers of the weekend after all is said and done

Stormzy was better.
    This ain't no middle of the mall shit.

For W2:

The Sahara was NOT that crowded for this, although typical Sahara asshole-ism was on display at times. You can walk right in, particularly from the right side of the tent. It seemed to get bigger as we got closer to Lil Uzi Vert.

It was not that great for me. Some energy at the beginning and for certain songs the whole tent was going off (That's Not Me, Shutdown, It Ain't Safe, etc), but he was late, low energy, and a lot of the crowd seemed to be unfamiliar with the material. My wife fucking loved it and thought he was great the entire time, but I thought he was just OK. Both of us were big fans going into it and familiar with all his stuff.

Coachella Junkie WhyTheLongFace's Avatar

I'm going with Goldlink. Skepta is like the 4th best thing at his time slot
    "HIGH END RAP MUSIC! GHETTO STADIUM SHIT! THEY AIN'T WANT US AT THE FESTIVALS
    NOW WE WILL RUN THEM!"
    -Kanye West

That is disappointing to hear as I am about to go brave 1015 on Thursday for the first time in forever to see Skepta. Caught Stormzy's on the stream and he was dope.
    1/24 Jen Cloher @ Cafe Du Nord | 1/27 Boy Harsher @ Elbo Room | 1/30 The Radio Dept @ Fillmore | 2/1 QOTSA @ Bill Graham | 2/10 Anastasia Kristensen @ Stud | 2/17 Call Super @ Stud | 2/18 Dr. Octogon @ Fillmore | 2/18 Shanti Celeste @ Audio (?)| 2/21 Parquet Courts @ Fillmore | 2/21 @ Maayan Nidim @ F8 | 2/23 Carla Dal Forno @ Starline Social Club | 2/24 Sevdaliza @ Swedish American Hall | 2/24 Octo Octa @ Stud

Quote Originally Posted by lt.roast.a.botch View Post
    That is disappointing to hear as I am about to go brave 1015 on Thursday for the first time in forever to see Skepta. Caught Stormzy's on the stream and he was dope.
    I think at night, in his own venue, it would be riot-level energy and a total blast. In the blazing hot sun, in a giant tent that was at least 50% unfamiliar with his material and just waiting for something later, it just didn't work for me. Wife still loved it and it was one of her favorite shows, so it clearly still worked for a lot of people.

For W2:

The Sahara was NOT that crowded for this, although typical Sahara asshole-ism was on display at times. You can walk right in, particularly from the right side of the tent. It seemed to get bigger as we got closer to Lil Uzi Vert.

It was not that great for me. Some energy at the beginning and for certain songs the whole tent was going off (That's Not Me, Shutdown, It Ain't Safe, etc), but he was late, low energy, and a lot of the crowd seemed to be unfamiliar with the material. My wife fucking loved it and thought he was great the entire time, but I thought he was just OK. Both of us were big fans going into it and familiar with all his stuff.
    Totally agree. Was definitely expecting a bit more, whereas Stormzy had such better energy on Friday.
    My old account "Mikey1313666" is down for whatever reason.

Yup agree with all of the above. Stormzy ftw.
    2005, 2007, 2011, 2012 W1 & W2, 2013 W1 & W2, 2014 W1 & W2, 2015 W1 & W2, 2016 W1 & W2, 2017 W1 & W2,and SOON 2018 W1 & W2 !!

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Get over yourself you entitled bitch whore cunt ball.

I think at night, in his own venue, it would be riot-level energy and a total blast. In the blazing hot sun, in a giant tent that was at least 50% unfamiliar with his material and just waiting for something later, it just didn't work for me. Wife still loved it and it was one of her favorite shows, so it clearly still worked for a lot of people.
    1015 is still a terrible venue but the show itself and the crowd, despite how packed it was, were very good. Can't think of a high energy hip-hop/rap show I've been to in recent memory like that.
    1/24 Jen Cloher @ Cafe Du Nord | 1/27 Boy Harsher @ Elbo Room | 1/30 The Radio Dept @ Fillmore | 2/1 QOTSA @ Bill Graham | 2/10 Anastasia Kristensen @ Stud | 2/17 Call Super @ Stud | 2/18 Dr. Octogon @ Fillmore | 2/18 Shanti Celeste @ Audio (?)| 2/21 Parquet Courts @ Fillmore | 2/21 @ Maayan Nidim @ F8 | 2/23 Carla Dal Forno @ Starline Social Club | 2/24 Sevdaliza @ Swedish American Hall | 2/24 Octo Octa @ Stud

W2 set was pretty fucking tight. On time, high energy, good crowd.
    Anything is possible...