Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Man's never been in Marquee when it's shutdown eh? Truss Me Daddiiii

Coachella Junkie WhyTheLongFace's Avatar

Default Man's never been in Marquee when it's shutdown eh? Truss Me Daddiiii

As long as they don't give this man an outdoor early day set Skepta will be a must see

"HIGH END RAP MUSIC! GHETTO STADIUM SHIT! THEY AIN'T WANT US AT THE FESTIVALS
    NOW WE WILL RUN THEM!"
    -Some Guy

Default Re: Man's never been in Marquee when it's shutdown eh? Truss Me Daddiiii

Bring out the Boy Better Know crew as special guests!

Default Re: Man's never been in Marquee when it's shutdown eh? Truss Me Daddiiii

Yeah this dude is fire. I always wondered when he would finally show up at Coachella, and stateside. Microphone Champion is such a great album, I'm excited about new music, his last new album was 2011 right?

Oh shit, what's the likelihood of Drake and Kanye showing up as guests on his set?

Yeah definitely one of my must sees. Cannot wait for some grime on the fields.

Plastician with Skepta 10 Year Throwback on Rinse.fm, lock it in: https://soundcloud.com/rinsefm/plastician050115

just wanted to throw the CDQ of "Shutdown" in here cause it goes and I'd never heard it before today:

I'm downloading Microphone Champion but does he have anything else I should get?

Shutdown was ok for me, just a song made to be heard live. What made me a fan personally was Blacklisted
    NOW WE WILL RUN THEM!"
    -Some Guy

This is one of the first artist's that I've discovered this year, and I must say this is super duper good. Can't wait to get down to the shit on the fields. Honestly don't mind it being in the day if it works out that way, just not on the outdoor or main. The blistering sun and getting this too hyphy during that time would not make me happy in any way.

Edit: just saw that its on Friday. Fuck.....was/still hoping for Sunday
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Smooches. =)
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Shut it down.

This is the third grime artist to play Coachella, right? First being Dizzee Rascal in 2004 and Lady Sovereign (yes I know) in 2006.

Quote Originally Posted by Electrotek View Post
    This is the third grime artist to play Coachella, right? First being Dizzee Rascal in 2004 and Lady Sovereign (yes I know) in 2006.
    Surely there was grime on the Pure Filth stage in 2011

9/6: The War on Drugs, Land of Talk @ The Paramount

Skepta will get an early set time at coachella sadly. He is huge right now, but it makes sense for him to open up the main or play a midday set on the outdoor or mojave

Didn't Dizzee play in 07 as well?

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Surely there was grime on the Pure Filth stage in 2011
    Terror Danjah closed out Sunday night!

9/6: The War on Drugs, Land of Talk @ The Paramount

This is another one made for live

mixtape of some of his originals and features
    https://soundcloud.com/timwestwood/s...e-westwood-mix
    1. Shutdown 2. Good Times 3. Way Too Much 4. Ace Hood Flow 5. It Ain't Safe 6. Nasty 7. Red Eye to Paris 8. My Crew 9. Back Then 10. Same Shit Different Day 11. Simple Life 12. Castles 13. Lukey World 14. Ojuelegba 15. That's Not Me 16. Frisco 17. Supposed To Do 18. Top Boy 19. Westwood Freestyle

old school

Tent at 3 PM or tent at 11 PM?

NOW WE WILL RUN THEM!"
    -Some Guy

I saw Septa last December because a friend recommended him to me and told me the show was going to be wild. I agreed and man... I was blown away. This set is going to be one that everyone talks about after the festival. He will probably play the Mojave or Gobi around 3pm and he is going to light the tent on fire. The show I saw was one of the most hyped sets I have ever seen, and I definitely imagine the crowd at Coachella will bring it.

Also, I know it won't happen, but the thought of a Drake guest appearance is toooooooo good.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Cant believe he is pretty low on the coachella lineup, and him and his group BBK are headlining a festival in the UK that Drake just headlined last year. So i do see the possibility of him playing at night but i think a mid day set on the outdoor will be his stage. Kind of like the ASAP Ferg time from 2014

The Bug w/ Warrior Queen a few years ago too.

Struggling to get my Coachella research in. Right now I have Skepta's discography on shuffle and ImReally Digging a lot of this stuff. Any thing in particular I should check out?

Bump

Quote Originally Posted by IzGewd View Post
    Struggling to get my Coachella research in. Right now I have Skepta's discography on shuffle and ImReally Digging a lot of this stuff. Any thing in particular I should check out?
    Just show up and if you like to get rowdy get up close otherwise hang out in the back.

I would say that if he's in a tent it would get pretty rowdy.

Quote Originally Posted by nicolasilva View Post
    Cant believe he is pretty low on the coachella lineup, and him and his group BBK are headlining a festival in the UK that Drake just headlined last year. So i do see the possibility of him playing at night but i think a mid day set on the outdoor will be his stage. Kind of like the ASAP Ferg time from 2014
    Grime was never big in the states so don't be surprised for an American festival like Coachella to bill him that low honestly.

Skepta got hosed on the set times! 1:40pm in the Sahara, WTF!

Skepta got hosed on the set times! 1:40pm in the Sahara, WTF!
    Ya, Surprised to see both Skepta and Vince Staples in the Sahara.
    Friday:Radiohead, the XX, The Interrupters, Guided By Voices, Stormzy, Jagwar Ma, KG&LW, Father John Misty, Preservation Hall Jazz Band, Tall Juan, The Paranoyds
    Saturday: Bon Iver, DREAMCAR, Banks & Steelz, Car Seat Headrest, Kaleo, Swet Shop Boys, Downtown Boys, Thee Commons, The Avalanches, the Atomics
    Sunday: Kendrick Lamar, New Order, Future Islands, Hans Zimmer, Allah-Las, Los Blenders, Skepta, T.S.O.L., Pond, Ezra Furman

new single samples QOTSA's "Regular John"

He posted on Instagram his visa got denied so he's cancelling?
    Quote Originally Posted by TickleMeElmo View Post
    Uhh, Gil Scott-Heron is kinda dead, dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by anonymous96 View Post
    Whoops lol, that's what happens with my piss poor knowledge of rap

FUCKKKKK