Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Uber Stories at Coachella

Default Re: Uber Stories at Coachella

Some of us will be doing flat rate pricing I have a Uber Black SUV and will also be doing Plus My name is David my phone is 562 242 4204 we will have 3 SUV's so we can keep it affordable down there. we are also offering transportation to Palm Springs From Los Angeles and Orange County Seats 7 with Satellite Radio Spotify Web Player and Google Play Soft Drinks and Treats Offered all Chargers. Just Contact us to make arrangements David at will be offering flat rates with SUV have commercial insurance TCP license at Coachella call Dave 562-242-4204uberdavidmadrid@yahoo.com*also a rideshare to Coachella 45 per person 7 person max from Los Angeles and Orange County and possible Ontario to private charter $425 Last SUVUberdavidmadrid@yahoo.com
    Last edited by actsholy; 04-07-2015 at 05:07 PM.

Some of us will be doing flat rate pricing I have a Uber Black SUV and will also be doing Plus My name is David my phone is 562 242 4204 we will have 3 SUV's so we can keep it affordable down there. we are also offering transportation to Palm Springs From Los Angeles and Orange County Seats 7 with Satellite Radio Spotify Web Player and Google Play Soft Drinks and Treats Offered all Chargers. Just Contact us to make arrangements David at Uberdavidmadrid@yahoo.com

Lyft just said it will not be less than 50% PTT the whole weekend

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin da DnB Soulja View Post
    Lyft just said it will not be less than 50% PTT the whole weekend
    PTT?

I wish that some nice Uber driver would just do flat rate pricing for us!

That would be tits!
    How many headlines can you make out of the 2016 lineup? i.e. "Young monsters moon strangers for pure horror."

Quote Originally Posted by actsholy View Post
    I have one Luxury SUV Cadliiac Escalade Left $65.00 Per Person 7 Person's or $450.00 to get Chauffeured Privately Last Chance leaves Friday Morning This is One Way I can do Round Trip for $725.00Attachment 13010
    I think you should post just one more time. One more time and you'll have your fares for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by genemarty View Post
    PTT?
    prime time tip, it's their name for surge pricing
    COACHELLA 2017

DAFT PUNK... Ronald Jenkees! The Prodigy! Faithless! Groove Armada Live! Underworld! London Elektricity! (live set) Future Sound of London! DJ Yoda (DVJ Set!) Dillinja and Lemon D w/ the Valve Soundsystem, Ed Solo & Deekline! Dizzee Rascal!

I said it before and I'll say it again: fuck Uber

https://twitter.com/MariaBruggere/st...97316306145281

she may be right but never trust a social media 'expert'

Anyone's experiences better with Uber this year? Looking at places to stay... could save money going far from shuttles, which would mean ubering instead.

Lurker

A friend of mine had a lot of trouble getting an Uber. He'd request one and it would be cancelled it. I think he did that 5 times then had to wait about 20 minutes to get his Uber to come to his location because of the layout and crowds. Not a bad way to go if you can walk a few blocks and find a specific landmark to be picked up at...

Uber at Coachella is fucking stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by levi760 View Post
    Uber at Coachella is fucking stupid.
    exactly...surcharges are always crazy

I used to drive for Uber but still lurk on some of their forums. Uber (and Lyft) at Coachella was a total disaster for everyone involved. Socal drivers went out there expecting big paydays only to have to wait 45 minutes to pick up $5 fares. Passengers had to be picked up in one lot bottlenecked lot and were repeatedly cancelled by drivers stuck in huge traffic lines.
    The way it was organized fucked everything up for everyone and next year will likely be the same.

Take a shuttle anywhere else and request Lyft from there. Surge zones are much smaller on Lyft and will probably not be happening at shuttle stops. There will likely be an assload of drivers out.
    Last edited by kenmixtap3; 01-07-2016 at 01:07 PM.

Lurker

You're paying a high premium for convenience. Without the surge pricing drivers wouldn't sign up to drive out there so you can expect with 100% certainty that there will be surge pricing. Supply & demand at work :_)

Does anyone have actual stories of pricing for ubers/lyfts from a shuttle stop to the place they stayed?

Last year week 1 I waited in the uber lounge for aprox 1 hour trying to get a ride before leaving. It was a nightmare

I've never uberred.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Never had trouble getting uber (or surge pricing) to the festival from Palm Springs in 2014 or indian wells in 2015, leaving between 11 am and 3 pm in varying sized groups. Leaving the fest after last set is a nightmare in the uber/taxi lot. Friends have waited almost 2 hours. Long lines and surge pricing (which you agree to if you know how uber works). We had better luck finding locals on Friday to call the whole weekend. It's a side business for a decent amount of folks it seems, and they have a system of several cars running to/from the festival. They hand out cards in the area and pick you up in parent pick up

Gina shuttle flyer 2016.jpg
    The wait for Uber can be very long leaving the event. You will be waiting in the dirt. We could see a crowd of people waiting for Uber and no cars in the lot. All the cars were outside trying to get in to do their pick ups, blocking traffic.. The best way to get where you are going is to take the Green path past the parent pick up/drop off and hit zones 3, 4, and 5. You will have a short wait, in the grass. Ask the guard at the gate for either Gina's Shuttles or The Water Patrol. They will get you there and back again all weekend for reasonable rates. The drivers are locals and know the valley, so they won't be getting lost. Book ahead and schedule your ride. Most local rides with in Indio and La Quinta are only 10 bucks pp.
    `But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.

`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.'

`How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.

`You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'

Lewis Carroll

The wait for Uber can be very long leaving the event. You will be waiting in the dirt. We could see a crowd of people waiting for Uber and no cars in the lot. All the cars were outside trying to get in to do their pick ups, blocking traffic.. The best way to get where you are going is to take the Green path past the parent pick up/drop off and hit zones 3, 4, and 5. You will have a short wait, in the grass. Ask the guard at the gate for either Gina's Shuttles or The Water Patrol. They will get you there and back again all weekend for reasonable rates. The drivers are locals and know the valley, so they won't be getting lost. Book ahead and schedule your ride. Most local rides with in Indio and La Quinta are only 10 bucks pp.
    `But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.

`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.'

`How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.

`You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'

Lewis Carroll