Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tycho

Default Re: Tycho

I love his Awake sun shirts that are available at the ISO50 online shop btw

I ran into Scott last night and said hi just before Ga Ga and he could not have been more chill and a cool guy about it. Just seemed guininely stoked and friendly. Of course, his set was amazing beforehand, so that helped.

I told him I was nervous at the mention of a vocalist, but it was minimal and fit their sound perfectly. If they release a new album on the coming year with a few vocals, I predict a main stage appearance. He indicated this was kinda the plan / direction they're headed and I'm glad to see it. They continue to grow and create amazing music and I love that they aren't stagnating.

Oh, and his DJ sets are just as much fun, but more intimate, less showy. I'd recommend seeing anything Tycho does whenever you get the chance.

Quote Originally Posted by lungshadow View Post
    Oh, and his DJ sets are just as much fun, but more intimate, less showy. I'd recommend seeing anything Tycho does whenever you get the chance.
    saw his surprise do lab set saturday night of weekend 1... was amazing
    2017 W1

They sounded good but was not in the mood this time around. Went to see Thee Commons and was rewarded.
    I have been to concerts. I will go to concerts in the future.

How about the vocalist he brought out Wkd 2? I'm not sure I loved it. I don't think the songs really need vocals, but - to each their own.
    Friday: Radiohead / King Gizz / Bonobo / Father John Misty / Sampha / Loco Dice / Big Gigantic / Crystal Castles / Jagwar Ma
    Saturday: Moderat / Avalanches / Tycho / Floating Points / Schoolboy Q / Warpaint / Royskopp / Breakbot / Local Natives / Car Seat Headrest / Thundercat / Ben UFO / Swet Shop Boys / Mitski / TDCC / Roisin Murphy
    Sunday: Kendrick Lamar / Hans Zimmer / New Order / Kaytranada / Maya Jane Coles / Devendra Banhart / Tale of Us / Whitney / Preoccupations

Quote Originally Posted by summersnow View Post
    How about the vocalist he brought out Wkd 2? I'm not sure I loved it. I don't think the songs really need vocals, but - to each their own.
    Scott said he wasn't sure how people would react. Yes, they have only sampled vocals previously, but I'm glad to see the band evolving.

They've already mastered a specific niche genre, now it's time to grow and experiment. Sure, they can't please everyone and will alienate some fans, but most great, talented artists have some arc in their career progression. This is natural, change always happens and lots of folks don't like it, but I'm going to embrace it because it's inevitable.

Quote Originally Posted by summersnow View Post
    Agreed. I was front row and I couldn't hear anything he was saying, definitely still off. Not against it long term or anything, but definitely needs work. Still was a fun set