Page 121 of 121 FirstFirst ... 116117118119120121
Results 3,601 to 3,618 of 3618

Thread: Coachella 2015: I wanna start a rumor...

Default Re: Coachella 2015: I wanna start a rumor...

I was so utterly wrong about AC/DC. But oh well, I was right about Ratatat so i'll take it.

I appreciate the fact that none of the three headliners are repeats, but Jesus.
    Friday Tame Impala - Ride - Flying Lotus - Caribou Todd Terje and the Olsens - Cloud Nothings - Charles Bradley - The Ghost of a Sabre Tooth Tiger Saturday Jack White - Belle and Sebastian - Ratatat - SBTRKT - FKA Twigs - Father John Misty - The War on Drugs - Run the Jewels - Chet Faker - Drive Like Jehu - Jungle - Glass Animals - Perfume Genius Sunday St. Vincent - Brand New - Gesaffelstein - Panda Bear - Mac DeMarco - Built to Spill - Philip Selway - Angel Olsen - The Orwells

That seemingly ridiculous Hits Daily Double article from Dec 4th was spot on...what the fucking hell with the month in advance accurate leak.

And what the fuck is with the 2nd line being flooded with cheese EDM. Guetta, Alesso, Nero, Kaskade, Axwell/Ingrosso. Worst fucking group of subheads ever, on top of lackluster headliners.

shit the beeeed agaaaaain....typical.
    Quote Originally Posted by MotorAve View Post
    No, I know [Muse and The Killers] are headlining.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
    I said the COMBINATION of Blur/Roses, which will be a worldwide exclusive that will be talked about for years to come. (1/30/2013)

the subs are defenitly the weak link of this lineup...

Whose dick(s) is/are Interpol sucking to keep getting billed so high at this festival?
    2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012b, 2013a, 2014a

Quote Originally Posted by silver06 View Post
    At the end of the day, the festival we love so much is in the game of dollars and cents.

Drake is a relatively cheap headliner who is already an idol for Coachella's current demographic, for which many music began around the time of Drake's debut. The pitchfork hype gives him crossover appeal and he dominates mainstream radio.

Why else would Jack White be booked at practically every festival in the country the last year? He doesn't cost much and even the dimmest of festival goers can name 3-5 songs from his catalog.

AC/DC has just enough of a unique feel (is this their first American festival ever?) to go along with the nostalgia, twinge of ironic enjoyment, and classic after classic to justify their large booking fee. It's a booking GV can point to in a year of down headliners to say "hey we did what we can."

Subs are about crossover appeal. alt J has become the de facto indie band du jour that people who don't like indie music claim they like to look cool. Florence has indie and pop appeal. The Weeknd has R&b and indie crossover, plus the massive Drake connection and has made a large dent into the pop world.

This lineup is going to be a fucking home run for goldenvoice. They're going to make a lot of money. Even if it means people like me who get very little musically out of this lineup will not be buying tickets in pre-sale next year. There will be plenty more waiting to take my place.
    You are amazing long spot on. Especially your last statement. Out with the old (me) in with the new. I'm eager to see the lineup of other festivals.
    He sold his soul for a shot at fame
    Catchphrase and wigs and the jokes are lame...

I blame motorave for shutting down the boards

Quote Originally Posted by mrhand View Post
    That seemingly ridiculous Hits Daily Double article from Dec 4th was spot on...what the fucking hell with the month in advance accurate leak.

And what the fuck is with the 2nd line being flooded with cheese EDM. Guetta, Alesso, Nero, Kaskade, Axwell/Ingrosso. Worst fucking group of subheads ever, on top of lackluster headliners.

shit the beeeed agaaaaain....typical.
    you didn't care for the best headliners ever so STFU, handjobs
    The pilgrimage is not perfected save by copulation with the camel.

Quote Originally Posted by lehorne View Post
    you didn't care for the best headliners ever so STFU, handjobs
    Correct. Me and 79,000 other people. Which is why you could have landed a 747 on the main stage grass while the fucking dwarf was shaking his staff at a few dozen cunts while he punished them with out of tune warbling.
    Quote Originally Posted by MotorAve View Post
    No, I know [Muse and The Killers] are headlining.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
    I said the COMBINATION of Blur/Roses, which will be a worldwide exclusive that will be talked about for years to come. (1/30/2013)

Correct. Me and 79,000 other people. Which is why you could have landed a 747 on the main stage grass while the fucking dwarf was shaking his staff at a few dozen cunts while he punished them with out of tune warbling.
    YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    Keep on chugging. 788 more posts and you can submit your application.
    TRAVI$ SCOTT for 2015

It's GSW Hooper. As in Golden State Warriors...

Anyone surprised not seeing Tears for Fears on the poster? Any other artists people are shocked NOT to see on the poster as well? Anyone thinking some late adds like last year? Overall, I am not overly excited for this line up, but I will say there is still a lot to see that I am happy with.

Quote Originally Posted by M0D3Z View Post
    Anyone surprised not seeing Tears for Fears on the poster? Any other artists people are shocked NOT to see on the poster as well? Anyone thinking some late adds like last year? Overall, I am not overly excited for this line up, but I will say there is still a lot to see that I am happy with.
    Two that I expected to be a done deal and on the poster: Tears For Fears and The Presets (didn't they make a comment during their last LA show about seeing everyone at Coachella?)

Beyond that Aphex Twin and Royksopp seemed logical and not seeing either kind of threw me (I think Aphex Twin alone would have been enough to give a little "wow" factor to the lineup... which... yeah.. the lineup is decent.. but it's missing that extra pop)

Royksopp seemed logical
    This one also threw me off, with playing Ultra as well. Die Antwoord was also one from Ultra that I thought woulda shown up.
    Last edited by M0D3Z; 01-08-2015 at 12:25 PM.

Surprised at no Kendrick, J. Cole, Sam Smith, D'Angelo, and a few others I can't think of off the top of my head.
    Keep on chugging. 788 more posts and you can submit your application.
    TRAVI$ SCOTT for 2015

It's GSW Hooper. As in Golden State Warriors...

I thought for sure both Royksopp and Zola Jesus would be on the lineup. Was thinking Mew would get a re-invitation from missing back in 2010 since they seem to be active again.
    2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012b, 2013a, 2014a

Quote Originally Posted by gswhooper View Post
    Surprised at no Kendrick, J. Cole, Sam Smith, D'Angelo, and a few others I can't think of off the top of my head.
    Well Sam Smith is playing some non GV stadium shows this month, and Kendrick is playing the air & style festival next month. I figured they wouldn't be there anymore. However, I can see Kendrick making guest appearances since he has collaborated with several artists playing this year. Drake, Flylo, and ab-soul come to mind.
    Friday Tame Impala - Ride - Flying Lotus - Caribou Todd Terje and the Olsens - Cloud Nothings - Charles Bradley - The Ghost of a Sabre Tooth Tiger Saturday Jack White - Belle and Sebastian - Ratatat - SBTRKT - FKA Twigs - Father John Misty - The War on Drugs - Run the Jewels - Chet Faker - Drive Like Jehu - Jungle - Glass Animals - Perfume Genius Sunday St. Vincent - Brand New - Gesaffelstein - Panda Bear - Mac DeMarco - Built to Spill - Philip Selway - Angel Olsen - The Orwells

Quote Originally Posted by microcuts View Post
    Was thinking Mew would get a re-invitation from missing back in 2010 since they seem to be active again.
    Seriously, one of the only acts I'm truly upset they aren't playing

was hoping to see Mark Ronson on the bill.
    Superfan will be in front of the Fonda masturbating furiously to a photo of him taking a photo of a band. Set is from 8:05 to approximately 8:05:15. Guest list only.

Upcoming Shows: Stanton Warriors (3/20), George Clinton + P Funk (3/21) Coachella 2015 (WK1), Underworld (Hollywood Bowl), Basement Jaxx (Hollywood Bowl), David Gilmour (Wherever I need to go)

if there was a plane I'm certain you would of been wing decapitated long necking from the perimeter
    The pilgrimage is not perfected save by copulation with the camel.