1. Arcade Fire: even though it will never beat 2011, it was still amazing. I enjoyed hearing the new songs live and made me really appreciate Reflector. I was right next to the B-stage and had some up close encounters with Win and the crew.
2. Beck: to go from Beck to Arcade Fire was amazing, would have loved for him to play a longer set though. I didn't look at all what happened w1 and was completely thrilled/over run with joy when he played "Debra". That was one of the best moments I have ever had in the 6 years attending.
3. Caravan Palace: only knew a little bit about these guys going in and boy was I blown away. We were dead front with only 1 person in front of us, plenty of space to dance, and the energy they brought was so French and cute. Had a great time dancing like it was the 20s and the great depression was in full swing.
4. Queens of the Stone Age: went in not expecting much, honestly was only there to get a good spot for Muse (who seemed unenergetic and not all there and a disappointment). That said, they took me to another level of rock that I hadn't experienced in a long time. The mosh pit looked insane and I am glad that I got to see them.
5. Jagwar Ma: these guys. This was my first solid dancathon I had this year and they really brought the energy to a great level during the day. Would love to see them again.
HM: Woodkid, Flume, Grouplove, and anyone in the Yuma that I randomly saw when I was there to cool down during the day