I was waiting for someone else to create a weekend 2 top 5 set list ranking, but since no one else did, I decided to do it myself.
Friday was my favorite day of Coachella ever, though my favorite overall Coachella is still 2013. Saturday and Sunday just didn't grab me enough this year.
1. ZZ Ward - I was front row, and also got a drumstick at the end of the set, it was one of my top 5 or top 10 Coachella sets of all time, she simply killed it. I was wandering around the Mojave tent during Title Fight thinking about how awesome that set was. That is what music is all about to me, and why I keep coming back to Coachella.
2. The Replacements - I was 3rd row, and talked to some of the most dedicated music fans I've ever met around me. 5-10 people around me came to Coachella solely for the purpose of seeing The Replacements. They sounded awesome, and put on a fantastic show, cool to see Billie Joe Armstrong guest for them most of the set.
3. AFI - I've seen AFI 4 times before, and they always put on a great show. This time I was 3rd row center, and was able to get a hand on Davey when he came into the crowd, and he also gave a death stare to either me or the guy in front of me when he came into the crowd lol.
4. Pharrell Williams - an amazing crew of special guests is why this is on here - the most special guests for a Coachella set that I've ever seen. So many good songs, and I even noticed that the backup dancers were the best that I've seen for a set.
5. Lorde - before her set started, I wasn't too concerned with getting up close during Capital Cities, because I figured that she would sound just like the CD and wouldn't add much to the performance live. I was really impressed, she is sincere and what you see is what you get. I thought the moment where she said to raise something up if you are scared of growing up was a great moment - maybe because I'm getting older in general and in terms of Coachella, and I wonder what is next. She played Royals 3 songs early though, so I bet 30% of the crowd left at that point - just like Gotye in 2012.
6. Trombone Shorty - the guy is so talented, with trombone, trumpet, drums and singing. His cover of Green Day's "Brain Stew" was my favorite song I heard from anyone all weekend.
(and yes I realize there are 6 here, but I honestly couldn't just pick out 6)
HM: Ellie Goulding - 3rd row, I know most of her songs, and it was great to finally see her live, and good lord she is hot
Bo Ningen - an awesome way to start the day, some great guitar breakdowns, and fun seeing them come into the crowd
Pixies - an awesome show, the crowd was super into it, wish I had known their song catalog better
Calvin Harris - yes I know he is easy to rag on, the main stage area was packed - and I thought it was a fun time
Unlocking the Truth - the 13 year olds brought it from start to finish, starting circle pits, and general mayhem, including crowd surfing at the end
The Dismemberment Plan - front row center, a fun show and great way to close out Saturday
Saints of Valory - really like their Coldplay ish melodic sound, front row again, great way to start out Sunday
Anti-Flag - more punk fun, including a couple massive circle pits, great way to close out Friday
Neutral Milk Hotel - I was eagerly anticipating them, and they didn't disappoint. Kind of annoyed to not get closer, mainly due to Lana Del Rey fans
Disclosure - really catchy set, and nice to see the special guests make an appearance - Alunageorge, Mary J Blige, Sam Smith
Chvrches - they started late but still put on a great set, Lauren is hilarious lol
Worst: Julian Casablancas by far