Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: What artists do you see getting more than 50 minutes?

  1. #1

    Default What artists do you see getting more than 50 minutes?

    Obviously besides the headliners. Most non-Sahara/Yuma sets are 50 minutes or under but every year there's a few artists that get a slightly longer set. I can see Neutral Milk Hotel, Beck, Skrillex (if he's on Main), Pet Shop Boys, Bryan Ferry and Nas getting more time than most artists.

  2. #2
    Coachella Junkie WhyTheLongFace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    San Gabriel
    Posts
    8,832

    Default Re: What artists do you see getting more than 50 minutes?

    Nas, Skrillex, Calvin Harris
    Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    I've listen to Sugah Daddy three times today trying to hear him say pussy fart.

  3. #3
    old school mikey1313666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    SF/LA
    Posts
    2,957

    Default Re: What artists do you see getting more than 50 minutes?

    I'd like to think Disclosure will get an hour int the Outdoor Stage closing slot
    Last edited by mikey1313666; 03-25-2014 at 11:39 AM.
    My 4th Annual Coachelectro (Coachella 2015) Mix
    Featuring 80 Acts Playing The Fest This Year In Just An Hour + Free Download

    https://soundcloud.com/taktik-3/the-...hella-2015-mix

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    LA, Southern California fool-the west coast.
    Posts
    599

    Default Re: What artists do you see getting more than 50 minutes?

    Pharrell based on his 37 guest spots

  5. #5

    Default Re: What artists do you see getting more than 50 minutes?

    New Order got 90 minutes last year, and though I'm not sure they'd give Pet Shop Boys that long, I could see them playing at least an hour if they get that same slot.

    I could also see Beck or The Knife getting 55-60 minutes. But not QOTSA, especially if Skrillex closes the main.

  6. #6
    Member IlliniQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Santa Clarita, CA
    Posts
    706

    Default Re: What artists do you see getting more than 50 minutes?

    The Replacements - Bryan Ferry - Beck - Nas - NMH (not that they'll need it) - yes Queens Of The Stone Age - Pet Shop Boys.

    Don't see The Knife getting extra time if indeed they are playing before Outkast on main, Replacements yes, an extra 10 would get us 3-4 more of their many all-time classic songs, but so much of Shaking The Habitual is so grating and repetitive, can't see GV wanting the Knife to overstay their welcome and nuke every last drop of positive buzz leading up to Outkast.

    Even with a normal length set, I fully anticipate the Knife's show to have much the same repulsive impact on a huge part of the crowd as did Animal Collective '11 and the MBV '09's Holocaust. Expect a Biblical caliber exodus 5-10 minutes into the Knife's set.
    AC / DC - Steely Dan - Ride - Fly-Lo - Raekwon & GFK - Lykke Li - Caribou - Todd Terje - Rev. Horton Heat - Charles Bradley - Eagulls - Allah-Las - Jon Hopkins

    Swans - Belle & Sebastian - Jack White - Parquet Courts - Run The Jewels - War On Drugs - Perfume Genius - Drive Like Jehu - Alt-J - Bad Religion - Jungle - Kasabian - Royal Blood

    Built To Spill - St. Vincent - Ryan Adams - John Talabot - Angel Olsen - Sturgil Simpson - Mac DeMarco - Joyce Manor - Orwells

  7. #7
    old school mikey1313666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    SF/LA
    Posts
    2,957

    Default Re: What artists do you see getting more than 50 minutes?

    Quote Originally Posted by IlliniQ View Post
    Don't see The Knife getting extra time if indeed they are playing before Outkast on main, Replacements yes, an extra 10 would get us 3-4 more of their many all-time classic songs, but so much of Shaking The Habitual is so grating and repetitive, can't see GV wanting the Knife to overstay their welcome and nuke every last drop of positive buzz leading up to Outkast.

    Even with a normal length set, I fully anticipate the Knife's show to have much the same repulsive impact on a huge part of the crowd as did Animal Collective '11 and the MBV '09's Holocaust. Expect a Biblical caliber exodus 5-10 minutes into the Knife's set.
    All of this.
    My 4th Annual Coachelectro (Coachella 2015) Mix
    Featuring 80 Acts Playing The Fest This Year In Just An Hour + Free Download

    https://soundcloud.com/taktik-3/the-...hella-2015-mix

  8. #8

    Default Re: What artists do you see getting more than 50 minutes?

    The knife will get 90 mins closing the mojave same slot as new order. mark my words
    Quote Originally Posted by icedKeg View Post
    it's like, at coachella, we can be a whole group of friends. a whole group of frogs jumping into the streets, jumping into the planet, climbing up the buildings, swimming in the lakes and in the bathtubs. we would be hundreds, thousands, millions. the biggest group of friends the world has ever seen, jumping and laughing forever. it would be great, right?
    Coachella 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012x2

  9. #9

    Default Re: What artists do you see getting more than 50 minutes?

    Hoping to see more of Fishbone! those guys kill it every time! always a wild ass show!

    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

  10. #10
    Coachella Junkie GuyInTucson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,372

    Default Re: What artists do you see getting more than 50 minutes?

    Quote Originally Posted by Edmontonian View Post
    The knife will get 90 mins closing the mojave same slot as new order. mark my words
    The second name on the poster closing the Mojave? Highly doubtful.

  11. #11

    Default Re: What artists do you see getting more than 50 minutes?

    Quote Originally Posted by mikey1313666 View Post
    I'd like to think Disclosure will get an hour int the Outdoor Stage closing slot
    Sunday Outdoor closing is usually a coveted spot. Last 4 years it's gone to #5, #3, #4, and #3 on the bill for that day. My best guess is that Lana (who probably has more high-powered "people" than say NMH or Motorhead) gets that spot.
    I have been to concerts. I will go to concerts in the future.

  12. #12
    old school mikey1313666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    SF/LA
    Posts
    2,957

    Default Re: What artists do you see getting more than 50 minutes?

    Quote Originally Posted by grichsgang View Post
    Sunday Outdoor closing is usually a coveted spot. Last 4 years it's gone to #5, #3, #4, and #3 on the bill for that day. My best guess is that Lana (who probably has more high-powered "people" than say NMH or Motorhead) gets that spot.
    And Disclosure is #5 on their day (#4 if you don't include the headliner). What makes you think Lana (#6 on her day) deserves the coveted Outdoor closing slot over Disclosure?
    My 4th Annual Coachelectro (Coachella 2015) Mix
    Featuring 80 Acts Playing The Fest This Year In Just An Hour + Free Download

    https://soundcloud.com/taktik-3/the-...hella-2015-mix

  13. #13

    Default Re: What artists do you see getting more than 50 minutes?

    Quote Originally Posted by mikey1313666 View Post
    And Disclosure is #5 on their day (#4 if you don't include the headliner). What makes you think Lana (#6 on her day) deserves the coveted Outdoor closing slot over Disclosure?
    Hey, if it's a "who deserves" spot, I would tend to agree with you. I just have a feeling that Lana and what has to be a prodigious entourage of image packagers would have more muscle to insist on that spot. I have nothing to base that on other that PT's interview about having to negotiate time slots with artists.
    I have been to concerts. I will go to concerts in the future.

  14. #14
    old school mikey1313666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    SF/LA
    Posts
    2,957

    Default Re: What artists do you see getting more than 50 minutes?

    Quote Originally Posted by grichsgang View Post
    Hey, if it's a "who deserves" spot, I would tend to agree with you. I just have a feeling that Lana and what has to be a prodigious entourage of image packagers would have more muscle to insist on that spot. I have nothing to base that on other that PT's interview about having to negotiate time slots with artists.
    I don't think it will come down to Lana insisting on that spot. I had a feeling after last years fest that Disclosure would be a repeat booking for 2014, because they got stuck with that Sunday night slot vs the headliner, and most people left due to the dust storm. I figured they'd get a prime, showcased slot, i.e. before the headliner, closing the Outdoor
    My 4th Annual Coachelectro (Coachella 2015) Mix
    Featuring 80 Acts Playing The Fest This Year In Just An Hour + Free Download

    https://soundcloud.com/taktik-3/the-...hella-2015-mix

Similar Threads

  1. American artists and British artists
    By ltrusco in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-08-2012, 12:12 PM
  2. 120 minutes
    By Mr. Fuzz in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-29-2011, 12:49 PM
  3. 120 minutes.
    By J~$$$$ in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 03-19-2011, 09:11 AM
  4. AH SUCKY! I'M 30 IN 30 MINUTES
    By Sonicifyouwantit in forum Misc. Lounge
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-26-2009, 11:43 PM
  5. Hot Chip 50 Minutes?
    By shotglass75 in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-22-2008, 12:49 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •