I'll post elsewhere.
I'll post elsewhere.
Last edited by firstname.lastname@example.org; 03-09-2014 at 12:26 PM. Reason: Not the right Board
I also have a thought:
The Who Gives A Shit Channel
Great jokes guys. You are both SO funny AND cynical. Real quality stuff here
Superfan will be in front of the Fonda masturbating furiously to a photo of him taking a photo of a band. Set is from 8:05 to approximately 8:05:15. Guest list only.
Upcoming Shows: Spamalot (7/31), HARD (8/1) 2001 Space Odyssey with LA Phil (8/12), Opeth (10/18), TOOL (10/31), Coachella 2016 (WK1), David Gilmour (Wherever I need to go)
LEAVE HIM ALONE HES FROM WASHINGTON.
Everyone's a Photographer
Anything is possible...
Dave, I'd suggest the first 2 strengths you mention benefit the organisers rather than the fans.
I've come from the UK since 2009 and while I don't have other US festival experience to compare Coachella to,
after 15 years of hit and miss festivals over here I rate Coachella streets ahead for the following reasons.
1. Diversity of music - there's something for everyone. Stuff I like, stuff I might like, stuff I've never heard of. I can make it as musically challenging or easy to accept as I want.
2. Every artist and band has something to prove - whether on the comeback trail, new or current, the levels of performance and passion are high (perhaps with the exception of Rodriguez & Cee Lo)
3. Every artist and band has had a recent high level of critical acclaim or are accepted as legends in their field - I may not like their style but they'll be up there with the best around available this year
4. There is always a large number of UK acts that aren't easily accessible
5. Its very easy to move around between stages (even 2010 wasn't bad compared to Glastonbury) and the queues for food, water, alcohol and toilets are short - yes they are ... you can miss two acts just trying to get a beer over here
6. Its easy getting in and out of the car parks and to and from the I10
7. The food is good quality, there's a huge selection and it doesn't run out
8. The weather is fantastic - 1 sandstorm and 1 rain shower in 5 years excepted
9. You guys are all friendly, you pick up your litter and don't throw beer around
On the downside, such a huge festival with a fixed formula (points 1-4) can only stay in pole position so long. What makes it unique and loved can become overfamiliar and annoying when ...
1. Repeat acts and headliners are booked - the return of RHCP, Arcade Fire and Muse was disappointing
2. Multiple other festivals book the same acts the same year - so the appearances are less special
3. Global media coverage helps the festival sell out in minutes
On the whole I believe Paul T cares about the fans and while his formula has delivered for me over the last 5 years the longer he sails his ship, it will sink.
Come a long long, come a long long way
... also add that Coachella is the cutting edge of new music, meaning that bands I haven't heard of before the festival often become some of my favorites after.
email email@example.com so we can help you change your screen name to one that is not your email address.
She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.I hardly think I'm an attention whore.I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer
7/22-24: Sunset Campout @ Belden Town
7/25: Ultimate Painting @ The Chapel
7/29: Woods, Gun Outfit, Cian Nugent @ The Chapel
7/29: Lucy @ f8
7/30: Robag Whrume, Sassmouth, Solar @ Mighty
8/3: Margo Price @ Gundlach Bundschu
8/25: Gold Panda @ The Independent