Thread: EM15 = Elektra 2015 + MUTEK 2015

Default EM15 = Elektra 2015 + MUTEK 2015

http://www.em15.ca/en

Celebrating our crystal anniversaries this year, and recognized as unique events within the multidisciplinary field of cutting edge contemporary digital creation, electronic music, new media and culture, Montréal's venerable digital arts festival Elektra, and electronic music and digital creativity institution MUTEK, have joined forces, synchronized dates and created one powerhouse combined event. This two-festival-in-one affair, christened EM15, runs for six jam-packed days from Tuesday May 27 until Sunday June 1, and showcases more than 100 Canadian and international artists in several new venues.

Extraordinarily this year, the Montréal Museum of Contemporary Art opens its esteemed spaces to act as the nerve centre and main headquarters for our festival activities. Our occupation of the MACM underlines our shared commitment to seeking out innovation in digital art and music, and taking risks in ways that only specialized, non-commercial festivals can.

Dedicated to live performance and forward thinking visions in sound and image, EM15 promises festivalgoers an expansive and multidimensional experience!

1st Wave:
    ARCHIE PELAGO (US)
    AUDION (US)
    DINOS CHAPMAN (UK)
    DONATO DOZZY (IT)
    FLUXION (GR)
    HEATSICK (UK)
    MAGIC MOUNTAIN HIGH (DE/NL)
    MOVE D (DE)
    NICOLAS JAAR PRESENTS FROM SCRATCH (CL/US)
    PINCH (UK)
    ROBERT HENKE (DE)
    SHACKLETON (UK)
    VOICES FROM THE LAKE (IT)

Default Re: EM15 = Elektra 2015 + MUTEK 2015

Quote Originally Posted by lt.roast.a.botch View Post

1st Wave:
    ARCHIE PELAGO (US)
    AUDION (US)
    DINOS CHAPMAN (UK)
    DONATO DOZZY (IT)
    FLUXION (GR)
    HEATSICK (UK)
    MOVE D (DE)
    PINCH (UK)
    ROBERT HENKE (DE)
    SHACKLETON (UK)
    Very happy to see Nicolas Jaar will be doing "From Scratch" (http://pitchfork.com/photos/15-pitch...ars-from-scra/) again I hope Red Bull books him for May!

7/28 The Appleseed Cast @ WH
    7/29 Howling/Ame @ Output
    7/30 Primus/Dinosaur Jr @ Pier 97
    7/30 Benji B/Martyn @ Output
    8/1 Tiga/Bob Moses/Gavin Russom @ PS1

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

Quote Originally Posted by lt.roast.a.botch View Post

Celebrating our crystal anniversaries this year, and recognized as unique events within the multidisciplinary field of cutting edge contemporary digital creation, electronic music, new media and culture, Montréal's venerable digital arts festival Elektra, and electronic music and digital creativity institution MUTEK, have joined forces, synchronized dates and created one powerhouse combined event. This two-festival-in-one affair, christened EM15, runs for six jam-packed days from Tuesday May 27 until Sunday June 1, and showcases more than 100 Canadian and international artists in several new venues.

Extraordinarily this year, the Montréal Museum of Contemporary Art opens its esteemed spaces to act as the nerve centre and main headquarters for our festival activities. Our occupation of the MACM underlines our shared commitment to seeking out innovation in digital art and music, and taking risks in ways that only specialized, non-commercial festivals can.

Dedicated to live performance and forward thinking visions in sound and image, EM15 promises festivalgoers an expansive and multidimensional experience!

1st Wave:
    ARCHIE PELAGO (US)
    AUDION (US)
    DINOS CHAPMAN (UK)
    DONATO DOZZY (IT)
    FLUXION (GR)
    HEATSICK (UK)
    MOVE D (DE)
    PINCH (UK)
    ROBERT HENKE (DE)
    SHACKLETON (UK)

Artists

Some quiet adds:

Ben Frost A U R O R A live (AU)
    Holly Herndon (US)
    Max Cooper (UK)
    Oneohtrix Point Never (US)
    Pinch (UK)
    Rashad Becker (DE)

Second Round:

DURIAN BROTHERS - LIVE (DE)
    MARC HOULE - LIVE (CA)
    NONOTAK - LIVE (FR)
    RICARDO VILLALOBOS & MAX LODERBAUER present RE: ECM - LIVE (DE)
    RICARDO VILLALOBOS - DJ (DE)
    RICHIE HAWTIN presents ENTER. (CA)
    ROBERT LIPPOK - LIVE (DE)
    TM404 - LIVE (SE)
    TODOR TODOROFF & LAURA COLMENARES GUERRA - LIVE (BE)
    TOM TRAGO - LIVE (NL)

On Thursday, May 29, RICHIE HAWTIN returns to the festival again—this time curating his juggernaut music-technology concept, ENTER. In its 3rd season, and featuring multiple facets, ENTER. is designed to mix the core principles of underground music, technology and an experiential environment. Fellow Canadian techno master MARC HOULE will play as part of this extravaganza, as will Sweden’s ANDREAS TILLIANDER under his acclaimed, all Roland hardware moniker, TM404.

In the realm of dazzling digital creations, French outfit NONOTAK perform Late Speculation—inside of a specially built, audio synched projection mapping set; Evanescens is a liminal interactive audiovisual piece, featuring cello and electronic interventions by TODOR TODOROFF and LAURA COLMENARES GUERRA; while German pop and avant-garde composer ROBERT LIPPOK, best known for his work in the post-rock/electronic outfit TO ROCOCO ROT, debuts his new A/V work daytimeastronomy.

For forward thinking electronic composition, EM15 is proud to present Chilean/German techno star RICARDO VILLALOBOS and MAX LODERBAUER (NSI / THE MORITZ VON OSWALD TRIO) performing their ECM records reconstruction project, which reimagines works from the label’s catalog by Christian Wallumrød, Arvo Pärt and many more—as a space-conscious improvisation. On Saturday, May 31, VILLALOBOS, the exalted DJ, will spin the festival deep into the night.

The innovative European underground is well represented by avant-garde German turntable trio, the DURIAN BROTHERS who make their North American debut; while veteran Dutch producer TOM TRAGO enacts the multifaceted and body rousing music of his latest project, The Light Fantastic.

More surprises are still in the works, including an extensive program of local and Canadian talents to be unleashed in April!

This festival looks amazing!

Wait Shackleton ended up playing last week??? Why didn't he make it to the Bunker on Friday!

http://www.xlr8r.com/features/2014/0...ngs-about-em15

Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

After last year's outstanding collaboration with our colleagues at Elektra, MUTEK will be back in 2015 for its 16th edition with its habitual 5 day format, running from May 27 to 31 at Montréal's Musée d'art contemporain (MAC) and various other venues.

All those who experienced or closely followed last year's EM15 adventure can confirm that the MAC - the nerve centre and heart of our last edition, played a critical role in the event's success.

This year, the MAC will again open up its prestigious spaces to host our original performances and avant-garde programs!

The first confirmed artists will be announced on February 17.

In the meantime, for those willing to jump into our uncharted programming — a limited number of full festival PASSPORTS and WEEKEND PASSES will go on sale at reduced rates starting February 2 — until February 17 (or until supplies last)!

You can check the MUTEK website at mutek.org

And explore the MUTEK 2014 online archives at www.em15.ca

i didn't realize i messed up the title of this thread last year.

The best way to live the full, multidimensional MUTEK experience is by getting a PASSPORT.
    ON SALE NOW IN LIMITED QUANTITIES!
    The full FESTIVAL PASSPORT provides access to all programs from Wednesday May 27 to Sunday May 31 inclusive (NOCTURNE 1 to 5 at MAC // MÉTROPOLIS 1 and 2 at Métropolis // A/VISIONS 1 and 2 at Théâtre Maisonneuve, Place des Arts).
    Price: $150 (+service charges + taxes), before February 17 — or until supplies last.
    The WEEKEND PASS provides access to all programs on Friday, May 29 and Saturday, May 30 (NOCTURNE 3 and 4 at MAC // MÉTROPOLIS 1 and 2 at Métropolis // A/VISIONS 1 and 2 at Théâtre Maisonneuve, Place des arts).
    Price: $85 (+ service charges + taxes), before February 17 — or until supplies last.
    Check the MUTEK website page for more info:

Nice start!!!

After months of behind the scenes work, we are thoroughly excited to share with you the first wave of artist names for MUTEK 2015! These are all LIVE performances:
    :::::
    Après plusieurs mois de travail en coulisses, le moment est enfin venu de partager la première vague des artistes confirmés pour MUTEK 2015! Tous les artistes suivants se produiront en live:

ANDY STOTT (UK) / ATOM™ & ROBIN FOX present DOUBLE VISION (CL/DE/AU) / ATOM™ & TOBIAS (CL/DE) / BOUNDARY (CA) / COBBLESTONE JAZZ (CA) / DBX (US) / JAMES HOLDEN (UK) / JOHN TEJADA (US) / KIASMOS (IS) / LUCY (IT) / MILLIE & ANDREA (UK) / P.TRAFFORD (CA) / POLE (DE) / RICHARD DEVINE (US) / RIVAL CONSOLES (UK) / RROSE (US) / SESSION VICTIM (DE) / SHERWOOD & PINCH (UK) / STEFFI (NL) / STRATEGY (US)

Now that you know, you're going to need to get your PASSPORT because it's the best way to live the whole festival experience. We're also offering some sweet HOTEL+PASSPORT deals if you're coming from out of town. Pre-sale details are here: http://www.mutek.org/en/montreal/2015
    We can't wait to see you!

I wish I could take off more days after Movement

MUTEK 2015 LINEUP
    ANDY STOTT (UK)
    ATOM™ & ROBIN FOX present DOUBLE VISION (CL/AU)
    ATOM™
    & TOBIAS (CL/DE)
    BOUNDARY (CA)
    COBBLESTONE JAZZ (CA)
    DBX (US) /
    JAMES HOLDEN (UK)
    JOHN TEJADA (US)
    KIASMOS (IS)
    LUCY (IT)
    MILLIE &
    ANDREA (UK)
    P.TRAFFORD (CA)
    POLE (DE)
    RICHARD DEVINE (US)
    RIVAL
    CONSOLES (UK)
    RROSE (US)
    SESSION VICTIM (DE)
    SHERWOOD & PINCH
    (UK)
    STEFFI (NL)
    STRATEGY (US)
    ANTHONY NAPLES (US)
    BASIC HOUSE (UK)
    BILLY DALESSANDRO & OMBOSSA present BOOMERS (CA)
    CABAAL (CA)
    DASHA RUSH presents ANTARCTIC TAKT (RU)
    DREW GRAGG (CA)
    FUMIYA TANAKA (JP)
    GUNNAR HASLAM (US)
    HUGUES CLÉMENT presents DICHOTOMIE (CA)
    JONATHAN SCHERK (CA)
    KAREN GWYER (UK)
    LUMISOKEA (BE/IT)
    LVIS MEJÍA presents SYNTAGMA (MX)
    MINI & NELLY-EVE RAJOTTE present NIX (CA)
    MIKA VAINIO (FI)
    PATRICIA (US)
    PERFUME ADVERT (UK)
    PHEEK (CA)
    RÉSERVOIR (CA)
    SEEKERSINTERNATIONAL (CA)
    STÄRKER (CA)
    SVENGALISGHOST (US)
    TAKAMI NAKAMOTO & SEBASTIEN BENOITS present REFLECTIONS (FR)
    WAVESHAPER (CA)
    WIKLOW presents SKELETAL WIRES (CA)

MUTEK 2015 SCHEDULE
    Wednesday, May 27

NOCTURNE MUTEK 1 - 9PM ($35 + s.c. & txs)

MAC Main Room: CABAAL (CA) / MINI & NELLY-EVE RAJOTTE present NIX (CA) / JAMES HOLDEN (UK) / BOUNDARY (CA) / + SPECIAL GUEST TBA

Salle BWR: HUGUES CLÉMENT (CA) / WAVESHAPER (CA) / BILLY DALESSANDRO & OMBOSSA present BOOMERS (CA) / LVIS MEJÍA presents SYNTAGMA (MX)

Thursday, May 28
    NOCTURNE MUTEK 2 - 9PM ($35 + s.c. & txs)

MAC Main Room: DASHA RUSH presents ANTARCTIC TAKT (RU) / TAKAMI NAKAMOTO & SEBASTIEN BENOITS present REFLECTIONS (JP/FR) / ATOM™ & ROBIN FOX present DOUBLE VISION (CL/DE/AU) / LUMISOKEA (BE/IT)

Salle BWR: PHEEK (CA) / LUCY (IT) / RICHARD DEVINE (US) / MIKA VAINIO (FI) / BASIC HOUSE (UK)

Friday, May 29
    A/VISIONS 1 - Théâtre Maisonneuve - Program TBA

NOCTURNE 3 - 9pm ($35 + s.c. & txs)
    MAC Main Room: WIKLOW presents SKELETAL WIRES (CA) / KAREN GWYER (UK) / RIVAL CONSOLES (UK) / KIASMOS (IS) / JOHN TEJADA (US)
    PLAY 1 - MAC - Salle BWR - Free program TBA
    MÉTROPOLIS 1 presented with Red Bull Music Academy - 10PM ($35 + s.c. & txs)
    STÄRKER (CA) / ANDY STOTT (UK) / STEFFI (NL) / RROSE (US) / LUCY (IT)

Saturday, May 30

A/VISIONS 2 - Théâtre Maisonneuve - Program TBA
    NOCTURNE MUTEK 4 - 9PM ($20 + s.c. & txs)
    MAC Main Room: P.TRAFFORD (CA) / GUNNAR HASLAM (US) / PATRICIA (US) / SVENGALISGHOST (US) / ANTHONY NAPLES (US)
    PLAY 2 - MAC - Salle BWR - Free program TBA
    MÉTROPOLIS 2 presented with Red Bull Music Academy - 10PM ($40 + s.c. & txs)
    SEEKERSINTERNATIONAL (CA) / SHERWOOD & PINCH (UK) / MILLIE & ANDREA (UK) / DBX (featuring JOHN TEJADA) (US) / ATOM™ & TOBIAS (CL/DE) / FUMIYA TANAKA (JP)

Sunday, May 31
    NOCTURNE MUTEK 5 - 9PM ($35 + sc & tx)

MAC Main Room: RÉSERVOIR (CA) / POLE & MFO (DE) / STRATEGY (US) / SESSION VICTIM (DE) / COBBLESTONE JAZZ (CA)
    Salle BWR: JONATHAN SCHERK (CA) / DREW GRAGG (CA) / PERFUME ADVERT (UK)

Recovering from Movement with this mix

https://www.mixcloud.com/xlr8r/podca...tival-edition/