Thread: SODA STEREO!!

Default SODA STEREO!!

The lack of latin bands this year had me thinking how amazing it would have been to see Soda Stereo at the polo fields. Considering their frontman, Cerati, has been in coma for a couple of years, such performance will never happen.
    Although their music is in spanish, i'm sure the english speaking would find their music interesting. They put on incredible shows full of energy:

http://vimeo.com/sodastereo/suelesdejarmesolo

Thoughts for which latin bands should be booked next year? Vive Latino booked Los Fabulosos Cadillacs last year, I don't see why GV couldn't get them as well.

Default Re: SODA STEREO!!

How about Mana

Definitely not them.

Why?

I honestly believed that Zoe were for sure gonna be in the lineup, and was quite surprised to not see them there. Enanitos Verdes also come to mind, with the new album coming out late last year. La Ley just got back together with Zeta Bosio on bass, and they just confirmed they're playing Vive Latino this year. So who knows, maybe they'll announce more dates soon. Might be a long shot, but maybe even Coachella as a late add as well?

I completely agree, seeing Soda Stereo on the polo fields would have been an amazing experience. They bring such energy into each of their shows. Cerati's condition, however, makes this a very remote possibility. One can only wish for his recovery. Fuerza Cerati!
    Coachella '13 W1, '14 W2
    That is pretty delicious right there.

DEP Gustavo Cerati, 1959-2014.

Quote Originally Posted by Corona89 View Post
    My jimmies are slowly rustling...

Cool I did not know La Ley got back together. Maybe a reunion of HS

Quote Originally Posted by luis4barce94 View Post
    I honestly believed that Zoe were for sure gonna be in the lineup, and was quite surprised to not see them there. Enanitos Verdes also come to mind, with the new album coming out late last year. La Ley just got back together with Zeta Bosio on bass, and they just confirmed they're playing Vive Latino this year. So who knows, maybe they'll announce more dates soon. Might be a long shot, but maybe even Coachella as a late add as well?

I completely agree, seeing Soda Stereo on the polo fields would have been an amazing experience. They bring such energy into each of their shows. Cerati's condition, however, makes this a very remote possibility. One can only wish for his recovery. Fuerza Cerati!
    Even a Cerati show would have been more than acceptable at Coachella. It's saddening, his condition.
    Wow! best news I have received all day! I can't believe they are getting back together, much less with Bosio in there.
    Damn, that's awesome. Hopefully GV finds a way to book them, I don't think they know who they are, or how rare the reunion is.