I think HAIM is going to get closer to a sunset slot (or maybe just switch them with the Afghan Whigs, but I think the Afghan Whigs will play a little earlier in the day, like 3 or 4). I think Chromeo is going to get a later set as well (maybe where Girl Talk is slated). I also think that Ellie Goulding > Broken Bells > AFI is weird but not sure how to change it. Are you all convinced Girl Talk is going to be on the main stage? I really have no clue as to his appeal, but I would hope he would just end up being a Sahara act or closing the outdoor?
EDIT: Mark told me that the last time Girl Talk played he had a huge crowd and it was Outdoor. I really don't remember that at all.
Last edited by imademilwaukee; 02-11-2014 at 07:44 PM.
Oh, I think Crosses is way too early on these set times too. I think the fact that it's a Chino Moreno project puts them at least at 4pm. Maybe not, but I definitely don't think they are playing a noon slot.
I agree Casey on chromeo, I just don't see them playing anytime during the day, 6pm is too early, and what is our reasoning behind girl talk on the main at that time, seems odd, I would have girl talk close the outdoor, move chromeo in his spot and push afi to the Mojave, I don't think they are as popular as they used to be, lots of high tier acts end up in the Mojave...how to destroy angels, new order, franz etc, thoughts?
Yeah maybe Broken Bells doesn't belong on the Outdoor. Or maybe they do but earlier? Ellie Goulding > Girl Talk seems like a better transition than Ellie > BB > AFI
the problems is girl talk is top row on the bill so we assume he'll be on the coachella stage. he has no business there.
perhaps switch chromeo with neko case and afi with girl talk?
About this whole Girl Talk on the Outdoor/Main speculation.....
Why again can't he play the Sahara?
Remember when everyone said there's no way Passion Pit would play the main at 6 because it was too early? Just sayin.
12/16-18 Day for Night
Alright heres my two cents that no one has to pay attention to:
1. Switch Flabush zombies and anti-flag. The middling punk band that everyone used to like and will nostalgic over seems to always be an early hot mosh pit on the main, and there is no way flatbush zombies is on the main.
2. The main will most likely i think go zz>antiflag>bastille>AFI>Broken Belles>Chromeo>MATS>Knife>outkast.
3. Girl talk will go in the sahara where garrix is and garix will take glitchmob's place. Girl talk will be in the sahara, I dont care if he played outdoor before he caters to that crowd.
4. Glitch Mob will go on the outdoor where broken belles was in the vain of pretty lights from last year. Also I am pretty sure glitch mob has live elements that go into their show, and history shows if you use live elements in your set and not just a laptop then you will not be in the sahara.
5. But I have no clue who plays against the knife on the outdoor then.
you are soooooooo good lookin