That said, if Royksopp replaced Girl Talk on the poster, Friday would easily be one of the best days in Coachella's history.
That said, if Royksopp replaced Girl Talk on the poster, Friday would easily be one of the best days in Coachella's history.
1. Outkast (Who doesn't like reunions like this?)
2. Blood Orange (Legit RnB, amazing album)
3. Crosses (CHINO!)
4. Little Dragon (I hate the word "SWAG" but damn does Yukimi have "SWAG")
5. Duke Dumont (He's going to tear up the Yuma)
1. Krewella (GARBAGE popstep!)
2. Beady Eye (Who wants to see Oasis without one of their guys?)
3. Headhunterz/Showtek (Stop trying to make hardstyle happen)
4. Capital Cities (Everyone going to be there just for "that" song)
5. Kid Cudi (He's still a thing? WZRD ruined it for me)
1. Hot Natured (Damn this would have been amazing)
2. Moderat (See #1)
3. Bondax (Could've been the 2014 version of Disclosure)
4. Soulwax/2manydj's (Should be on the same level as Daft Punk)
5. Gesaffelstein (Aleph!)
Pixies - Yeah I get it, no Kim Deal, people whine they've overstayed their welcome, their new songs suck, blah blah blah...whatever. It would have been cool to see them back 10 years after their legendary set in 04. Their tour dates sure made it seem like they would be there. Fuck.
Deafhaven - Seriously, why not?
Fuck Buttons - Another band that just seems to be perfect to play the festival and GV just keeps ignoring them.
Underworld - I get it, one of the dudes was pulling some stupid solo shit this last year and probably had no plans of doing anything Underworld related. But this is GV and Coachella we're talking about, the one promoter and festival that can seemingly get any band to "one-off" if needed...and seriously they haven't played since 2003!!! What the hell? Fucking Justice has been back THREE SEPARATE FUCKING YEARS in the time span that Underworld last graced us with their presence in Indio. The Chems have been back 3 more times since then. Girl Talk FOUR FUCKING TIMES!!!! If you're so adament on bringing "dance" acts back GV, then why don't you fucking book Underworld for once???????????????????????????????? It's been over a decade now. Christ...
Boards of Canada - Okay seriously, I need to stop beating this dead horse, but I just can't. If it wasn't now then fucking when???? A new album, new interviews, new website, new videos, new viral campaigns, all their old shit re-released on vinyl, and even saying "never say never" in regards to live performances in the future in an interview last summer.....IF ALL THAT HAPPENS IN LESS THAN ONE CALENDAR YEAR AND THEY STILL DON'T PLAY, THEN WHAT THE FUCK IS IT GOING TO TAKE???? Another year of them sitting in their studio writing out a live set, and the rest of us just begging and hoping to see their name in 2015? These guys release an album once every 8 years, if they aren't on the poster by 2015, then they might as well disappear from the universe because it WILL NEVER HAPPEN after that. And to all those who will say "oh they don't play live lol, don't ask for them"...right, well tell that to those who got to see them play ATP over in the UK, or special gigs and events for Warp parties and festivals. They can AND have played live, so I don't get it...
erik, I would like it if BOC played. Really, I would. I would show up and listen enraptured to their set.if they aren't on the poster by 2015, then they might as well disappear from the universe
but c'mon man.
Fatboy Slim - His latest Ultra sets were just fucking awful. Again GV, if you love bringing DJs back, then get fucking Aphex Twin, holy hell.
MGMT - These guys are just fucking awful and have played twice before already and failed to impress. Why a third time?
Pharrell Williams - You aren't fooling anybody GV. Booking Pharrell (or the good ol "Chic Feat. Nile Rodgers") is just a cheap (and fucking awful) way of booking "Daft Punk" and getting "Get Lucky" to be played. Last year, all the idiots talking about Daft Punk with Phoenix was bad enough, now we have to deal with that EXACT scenario again this year? Fuck me.
Girl Talk - this is such an obvious "hey we spent all our money on Outkast and the Knife and can't afford much else" booking that GV should be embarrassed. By this point, I'm willing to bet Girl Talk is just offering up his services for a bunch of confetti and a shitload of postcards made up promoting whatever shitty mix tape he last made.
Skrillex - What else is there say at this point? Please fly a fucking helicopter into the polo fields, have Paul T yell at you and then get banned for life. That's what I'm praying for.
The Knife - we've all begged for them for years, and even if their stage show sucks balls (really hope the rumors of them revamping it is true, but I doubt it), at least we'll be able to say we saw them play, and can move onto begging for the next "holy grail".
Neutral Milk Hotel - I do admit, having Jeff Magnum play a couple years ago sorta takes the specialness away from this set (they should have reunited years ago), but again it's awesome that GV booked them and we can finally knock another "holy grail reunion" off our list.
Muse - it's boring, it's lazy, but it is smart....they're a good live band, have plenty of hits, have promised old shit (lol yeah right), and will defintely attract a big crowd, hopefully freeing up crowd space for other night acts I hope to catch (aka Mogwai).
Lana Del Ray - What the hell? Smart? I hate her, and her music, but it is smart because she's going to attract EVERY SINGLE tweener flower head dress wearing attendee, freeing up the main stage for the rest of us (the smart ones) to enjoy Sunday night (Motorhead > NMH > Beck).
Motorhead - because if you don't like it or think it's dumb, then fuck you.
I'm New To The Game, But Screw It. I'll Play.
1. Liars - Last Two Albums Are Incredible. Yeah Their Early Albums Weren't THAT accessible But WIXIW and Sisterworld Would Make For An Amazing Late Night Set.
2. Fuckbuttons - Totally Thought This Would Happen This Year. You Missed The Boat On This One GV.
3. NIN - Easily The Most Visually Stunning Show (Aside From Sigur Ros) That I've Seen In The Past Few Years (Or Maybe Ever.)
4. Underworld - What Can I Say? GV needs To Make This Happen Before One Of These Shitty EDM festivals Does. They Made Outkast Happen. Surely They Can Do This Too.
5. Django Django - Should Have Been Here In 2013. Can't Believe They Were Overlooked Again. At Least We Have Jagwar Ma.
1. Woodkid - I Didn't Even Know Who This Was Before The Poster, But If We Get Anything Close To The Orchestral Stuff I've Seen Online This Will Easily Be One Of The Best Sets Of The Weekend.
2. GOAT - Another Band I Didn't Know, But This Should Be Incredible.
3. QOTSA - Happy To See A Decent Amount Of Rock On The Lineup And Stoked To See These Guys Leading The Pack.
4. Trombone Shorty/Preservation Hall Jazz Band - nice To See This Kind Of Diversity On The Lineup. My Only Regret Is That I May Not Make It In Time To See These Early Sets.
5. Outkast - The Fact That They Are Playing Something Like 40 Other Festivals Takes A Little Steam Out Of The Booking, But At Least We Get Them First!
Dumb - I Could Go On For Days...
1. Dillon Francis - Sucked In 2013, Still Sucks In 2014
2. Zedd - The Only Benefit Of This D-bag Being On The Lineup Is That Most Of The Other D-bags Won't Be Close To Me During This Timeslot.
3. Martin Garrix - See #2
4. Muse - What Can I Say That Hasn't Already Been Said? Lazy...
5.Krewella, Et Al. - So Much Poppy BS that Sounds The Same This Year. Really Seems Like Effortless Booking This Year.
6. Heineken/Newcastle - You Have A Festival Within A Couple Of Hours Of Some Of The Best Breweries In The World And The Best You Can Come Up With Is Heineken And Newcastle?
Please Forgive My Phone's Need For Excessive Capitalization.
EDIT: Oh Shit...Can't Believe I Forgot Skrillex. Just The Named Makes Me Queasy.
Last edited by hophead; 01-24-2014 at 10:15 PM.
hophead, your stupid section is spot on. lol
Smart (Get some old people to come back every year)
2. Bryan Ferry
3. Arcade Fire
5. Afghan Whigs
(Don't know enough to pass judgement; what I think is Dumb might me wicked Smahhht for the moneychangers. But what kind of dirt does Girl Talk have on GV?)
1. Pearl Jam
2. Elvis Costello
3. TV on the Radio
4. The Pixies
5. The National
7. Stevie Wonder
9. John Fogarty
10. Tears For Fears
11. Arctic Monkeys
13. David Bowie
14 Camper Van Beethoven
15 the Joy Formidable
MISSED: GROOVE ARMADA
Pro Era/Statik Selektah
Built to Spill
Blue Sky Black Death
Bryan Ferry(If it's not the fucking Jazz band that I've been hearing about)
1. Pet Shop Boys (bucket list item for the gays)
2. DARKSIDE (yes, please)
3. Queens of the Stone Age (this is always a good idea)
4. Bryan Ferry (legend)
5. Blood Orange (most intriguing)
1. Girl Talk (waste of money)
2. Grouplove, Foster the People, Cage the Elephant, MGMT (why?)
3. Martin Garrix (lol)
4. Fatboy Slim (really?)
5. Lorde, Lana Del Rey (unbearable)
1. The National
3. Nine Inch Nails
5. Psychedelic Furs
3/12 Stevie Nicks w/ Pretenders ~ 4/4 Strand of Oaks ~ 4/13 Sigur Rós w/ LA Philharmonic ~ 4/14-4/16 Coachella W1 ~ 4/28 PJ Harvey ~ 5/2 Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers w/ Gary Clark Jr ~ 5/6 The New Pornographers w/ Waxahatchee ~ 5/10 the xx ~ 5/13 Brian Wilson performs Pet Sounds ~ 5/19 Conor Oberst ~ 5/26 U2 ~ 6/9 & 6/10 Sigur Rós ~ 7/14 Jason Isbell w/ The Mountain Goats ~ 12/16-12/17 Day for Night
- The Knife (finally)
- OutKast (finally)
- Bonobo (wonderful)
- Disclosure (as proper of an ending to the fest as possible)
- Bombay Bicycle Club (kill it, newest album has some amazing tracks)
- SKRILLEXXX (exactly what is wrong with the world today)
- CalHar (shitstain)
- Chromeo (unbearable)
- Pet Shop Boys (seriously? ...do you seriously have ears?)
- Krewella (can truly say an honest fuck you to an entire fan base)
- Moderat (fuck)
- Flying Lotus (-10 points in the formula for an amazing night)
- Other Lives (second to none when it comes to a live performance)
- Tycho (dammit)
- Skream (his new sound wails)
THIS IS SOME REAL SHIT.
Skream's foray into overplayed techno tracks and disco dabblings? Christ. Scuba is a much better booking on that front.
Last edited by guedita; 01-26-2014 at 07:30 PM.
2/21: Weyes Blood, Half Waif, 20 Minute Loop, Young Moon @ Swedish American Hall
2/22: Uniform, Black Marble, Mall Walk, Blank Square @ Starline Social Club
2/23: Hot Toddies, Great Apes, Brasil
2/23: Japanese Breakfast, Miya Folick, Dante Elephante, Flying Circles @ Rickshaw Stop
2/23: Julien Baker @GAMH
2/24: OCD, Trash Vampire, Phosphene
2/24: This Will Destroy You, Emma Ruth Rundle @ The Independent
2/24: Dr. Rubenstein, Erika, Christina Chatfield @ Monarch
Rather squat shitting on cold beach rocks then hear Pearl Jam.
The pilgrimage is not perfected save by copulation with the camel.
Beck - Hasn't played the fest in a long time and has really expanded on his body of work since. Really happy so see him on the bill.
Motorhead - Legendary act. Right up there with PIL, Madness, London Suede etc. as far as "Oldchella" bookings go. Top shelf.
Little Dragon - Had never heard of them before Coach 10, quickly became one of my favorites. Really good to see that name so high on the poster.
OutKast - Duh. EVERYONE saw this one coming, should be one hell of a party.
Pet Shop Boys - Probably the act I'm most excited for this year. It's been a long time coming.
(Hon. mention to Bryan Ferry)
AFI - Who gives a shit about AFI anymore? I wasn't crazy about Jimmy Eat World a couple years ago, but AFI is 1000% worse. Would rather inject boiling titanium into my inner thigh then listen to Miss Murder live.
Sleigh Bells - Not really adverse to them, but fucking AGAIN?
Girl Talk - Fuck this shit AGAIN?
Dillon Francis - No one likes Dillon Francis. No one.
Cage the Elephant - I may be the ignorant one, but the only song of theirs I know is that "Ain't No Rest for the Wicked" trainwreck. Didn't they play in 2011, too?
(Hon. mention MGMT)
Gary Numan - Was really excited to see him in 2010, been patiently waiting since.
The Avalanches - It may be a pipe dream, but there's so much demand for it. Gotta happen soon.
NIN - Replace muse. Muse is lame.
Tool - Again. Muse. Lame.
Tori Amos - Awesome performer.
Anything is possible...
Lol the beer selection at Coachella definitely rustles my jimmies. LIB and OSL both had really good beer selections, at Coachella I get fucking Heineken or Newcastle, what the fuck is that?
Friday AC/DC, Tame Impala, Interpol, FlyLo, Ghostface & Raekwon, Caribou, Squarepusher, Action Bronson, RevHorton Heat, Vic Mensa, Erol Alkan, Ab-Soul, Allah-Las,
Jack White, The Weeknd, Axwell^Ingroso, Ratatat, Subtrkt, Run The Jewels, Chet Faker, Gaslamp Killer, Gramatik, Yellow Claw, Cashmere Cat,
Stromae, Odesza, Gesaffelstein, Circa Survive, Jamie xx, Panda Bear, Mac DeMarco,Built to Spill, Kaytranada, Dirty south, OFF!, John Talabot, The Orwells
I'm afraid there will be too many people at Darkside. Hope skrillex plays sahara at the same time with Darkside at mojave.
Honestly, the entire Sahara bookings this year are dumb.
Which is why it is perfect because that crowd craves it, keep the morans in their pen.